Spirit
Gale
Rune
13 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Journey to the West - Page 8 Empty Re: Journey to the West

Post by Silver January 22nd 2012, 7:33 pm

"Based on what my old pack healer told me I'd go for something like aloe as a starter, to seal the wound."

"Unfortunately, Aloe is not found in these parts, Cinnamon. It's more of a desert plant. I appreciate the idea, though. " Linnea replied to the female that had spoken. Linnea had never seen this plant but heard of it. She was from a more northern part of the continent, where it never naturally grew. But from what she heard, humans had it all over the world in their human-dens. She had yet to see a human, as well. She heard too many things. Her attention wavered, as she drew in on herself for a few moments. Thoughts began to form, and then Crimson began to speak and she was snapped back to the present.

“Before we leave I would like to know how many we have injured and of what degree. The worst of course would be a hurt limb or severe burns and should be placed in the very center. And all scholars or really any wolf with even the slightest knowledge of herbs should be placed around them so they can offer what aid they can. As for a replacement on the opposite side of Adena perhaps either Kira or I could be of service?”

Great. They were moving like the elk, injured in the center and stronger on the outside to protect the center. She found the idea alright, pretty nice actually, but felt like they were some sort of herd of livestock being pressed on by herding dogs. She kept her opinions and red flags to herself though, and continued to listen as he spoke.

“If she is not hurt severely then maybe she can take the opposite side if neither Kira nor I will fit that position? As for the gathering of items…it shall be allowed, but only in the area we are traveling in and only before nightfall and after sunrise. I realize the need for such things, but we can’t risk further injuries.”

"We will be traveling in some forested areas, so just picking them as we need them will work nicely. " She replied quickly. Moss was very easy to find on trees and forest floors, so grabbing some when someone got themselves cut would be easy. However, if they did stray to plain areas they would have to bear it until the scenery would change. She was glad he agreed to her or the other scholars getting minor materials as need be. It made her feel more comfortable as she attempted to settle into the pack for the first time in months. She stood again, carrying full weight on her left leg as she had done an hour or so ago. A smile of releif washed over her for a few moments.

“And I thank you for your well wishes Linnea.”

"Wishes of wellness are always welcome." She commented before Crimson proceeded.

“I think it would be best if you aided Linnea for the time being Cinnamon. You are a fellow scholar are you not? Your help will be needed if she plans on looking for things while we move along. And finally after the survey of the injured is done I would like to know how many would be able to hunt as well as those who are actually skilled and ranked in that particular position. Perhaps we will be lucky and find a larger animal that has been weakened by the flames of the fire and not so hard to take down. If not we will stick to smaller prey and other things we can eat.”

"Cinnamon may aid me if she wishes. And I am sure we have some very nice hunters here. In fact, a fellow I recently met who just returned had the build of one. So, we should be good on that even if the prey are a bit hard. " She replied, finally having a nice pause to discontinue speaking.

(Kind of lame. I think I'm catching something, I have been tired and groggy all day and wasn't able to wake up until 12 AM. XD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Journey to the West - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100Journey to the West - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 23rd 2012, 11:12 am

Ice flickered her ears in curiosity of Phantom's words, however, she replied to his word about his lungs, "Don't let it go too long, I dare not think of what could happen if something went awry... Besides just because you're nicknamed Ghost doesn't mean you need to be one." Ice gave a small smile with soft eyes, indeed if she lost him to any kind of fate she'd surely break, thus she wouldn't be able to be put back together, no she wouldn't even allow herself or any other to fix her if such a time happened. Ice knew she would put her life on the line for him, no matter what she wouldn't let anything or anyone tear them apart, even if she had to fight one of the pack.

Ice turned her head towards the others and set her eyes upon Crimson, Ice let out a breath then turned her gaze back to Phantom and spoke, "I should see if they need any help with something... Try not to run off..." Ice put a little teasing in her words but, she couldn't help the worry and seriousness that covered them as well. Before leaving she gave Phantom a small lick on the muzzle, then turned to go towards Crimson, Ice would repay him by offering any help she could,

Halting before Crimson and Gale, Ice cleared her throat, "I apologize if I am intruding on anything but, I wish to offer my help as well, I'll do anything I can." Ice's tone was coated in loyalty, confidence, and seriousness, her eyes showed this too as did her bold stance, I will not stand by as a nobody, I can help too. Ice offered then, "I know a good deal of herbs if you need any healers, be distraction if any predators come about... I'll even help with the, hunting, if you want..." I have to rid the fear of hunting... Even if it... Ice broke off from the thought and hid her fear of it as she waited for reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 23rd 2012, 1:07 pm

"I apologize if I am intruding on anything but, I wish to offer my help as well, I'll do anything I can. I know a good deal of herbs if you need any healers, be distraction if any predators come about... I'll even help with the, hunting, if you want..."

Linnea's attention shifted to Ice, whom had came to join their conversation and apparently offer help. She could tell she wouldn't mind the herbs, but at the mention of hunting Linnea could hear the flicker in her voice. If the female was not comfortable with hunting, then she should not hunt anything large. She smiled, a flicker of sympathy directed at her was a signal she understood what the female was getting across to them. Scouts did, after all, know a good amount of plants as they were natural travelers. Linnea then spoke in reply to her, trying to seal off the female's duties in a way she would hopefully be comfortable with. She knew little of what she liked or did not like, but from the short speech she could interpret a few things.

"Well, you could likely do several of those. When needed, you have the build to hunt smaller animals. And when needed, with your scouting experience and traveling you could probably find herbs and help with that sort of thing. " She replied to her finally, taking in to account the baiting idea but ignoring it. There were other, less dangerous ways to distract something than to get chased through the forest as a crude strategy. This female did not like hunting already, and Linnea thought it would be ironically annoying if she ended up as the prey of the hunt when she tried to distract a danger.

"As for distractions, I don't think live bait would be a good idea. It's too dangerous, and we need our numbers. If we are threatened, even an injured wolf can threaten back. If predators come along, we form together with the injured in the center and all act aggressively it should work. Our biggest safety is numbers and formation, as Gale as pointed out. In short, we act as a group and preform according to the situation.
Then, only if needed do we retaliate with attack. A cougar, though they are very efficient predators and could serve us on a platter with ease, will not take on prey that are in the center of strong members. And, bears are smart enough to know their boundaries. Coyotes... Well pretty much just run at them and try not to laugh as they run away like mad cows. "
She grinned at the end of her sentence, which was directed to the lot of them. Coyotes were built for small prey, so chasing them was hilarious. They did prey on wolf cubs, but taking on a full, healthy wolf would most likely end up with the coyotes in an unfavorable position. Coyotes, to Linnea, were delightful play things. They were like the mini-me's of the wolf population.

(I do think coyotes and small wild animals like them are hilarious. I saw this one video of a coyote running up to a fully grown man, poking him with his nose, running away and repeating. It was hilarious! He was like - 'Watch me, the mighty coyote, take on the beast of man! Roar!')
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Journey to the West - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100Journey to the West - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 23rd 2012, 3:48 pm

Ice nodded to Linnea's words, though it was a lot to absorb Ice took in all the information as she replied to Linnea's words of;

"-And when needed, with your scouting experience and traveling you could probably find herbs and help with that sort of thing. "

"Indeed. I will do whatever I must."Ice then asked Linnea, "You would know the whereabouts of Kira, Linnea?"Ice held serious motives within her expression and eyes that seemed to solidify with the seriousness she felt.Ice did not sit, she tended to remain on her feet, a habit of a scouter, especially for her own self.

(Lol fear the almighty coyote who pokes people. Anyways sorry this is a bit short.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel January 26th 2012, 9:34 pm

Phantom sighed and gave a breif nod to Ice. He was thinking about asking but it had to wait longer. His golden eyes peered from wolf to wolf. They soon spotted Crimson, who still was standing above the pack. Looking like he was ready to speak out once more. There were a few others about him. His paws had a mind of their own. He soon found himself traveling in their direction. "May i be any type of service?" The white scout asked in his normal deep toned way of speech. He waited to help. "I do not wish to look like a weak link even with my lungs in unbarable pain at the moment. But i wish to be helpful in any way possible. If there is any at all, that is." Phantom flicked his ear tips as he spoke a few times, trying to keep himself focused.
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 28th 2012, 3:55 pm

A lonely, fire colored fae traveled silently by. Her search for a pack seemed as such a failure, for she didn't feel as if she was getting much farther. Wind blew against her fur, and the fae known as Hestia thought that she caught a faint scent of wolves. Cautiouned, awared, but mostly excited, she followed it.
"Anyone here?" The fae called loudly, the tall female standing defensively incase these wolves weren't very nice, she was prepared to use her velocity as for escape because she wasn't very strong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon January 28th 2012, 4:23 pm

"Unfortunately, Aloe is not found in these parts, Cinnamon. It's more of a desert plant. I appreciate the idea, though. "

“I think it would be best if you aided Linnea for the time being Cinnamon. You are a fellow scholar are you not? Your help will be needed if she plans on looking for things while we move along. And finally after the survey of the injured is done I would like to know how many would be able to hunt as well as those who are actually skilled and ranked in that particular position. Perhaps we will be lucky and find a larger animal that has been weakened by the flames of the fire and not so hard to take down. If not we will stick to smaller prey and other things we can eat.”

"Cinnamon may aid me if she wishes. And I am sure we have some very nice hunters here. In fact, a fellow I recently met who just returned had the build of one. So, we should be good on that even if the prey are a bit hard."

Cinnamon shook herself roughly and nodded aimlessly to their words. Sensing her part in the discussion was long gone she padded aimlessly off, her nose to the ground as she sought out plants Crow had mentioned.

"Anyone here?"

The stranger's voice made her lift her head. Instictively she took up a defensive stance "Who speaks?" She challenged "Show yourself."
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 28th 2012, 7:59 pm

The black femmora, looked around. Moving herself towards the border, she rose her head; howling . [i]"Kira, I wish BWP and you much luck" The femine quickly set off, into a journey that would bring her to her death.

(no she's not dying, but here's to final posting. :p)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit January 28th 2012, 10:38 pm

"He will come for you. He always has and always will."

Spirit cast her gaze up from the ground, her eyes catching Gale's as he looked at her. The white scout only nodded her head in response; she feared the words that may spill from her lips. She understood Gale may feel sympathy towards her. He had lost two loved ones. If anyone knew had to cope with the constant ache, any would say it would be him. A new kind of adoration formed for the large male. While his size and strength was obvious he also carried something else, a strong heart. And that was something to be admired for. It was things like that that the pack needed right now.

Within seconds the Lead Scout was on the ground. She didn't know how, only that there was a new wolf standing beside her. Drawing back her lips in a snarl Spirit quickly brought herself to her feet, her neck fur bristled in defense. But from her new position she could see him clearly. The dark brown fur and cream markings, deep brown eyes. It was Soran. All sign of anger left Spirit as it was replaced with a new feeling of joy; unimaginable joy. Her worries and doubts had all been erased in that single moment. How could her have survived? 'No, that doesn't matter. He's safe.' She told herself. Without much hesitation Spirit pushed her muzzle into Soran's fur, taking comfort in the familiar sensation. "I'm so glad to see you alive." She whispered, her voice nearly cracking with emotion. Drawing back Spirit smiled, her eyes sweeping over Soran in search of any serious injuries. He had been trapped within the rotting wasteland far longer than anyone else. Surely that couldn't be good for his health? "We should really be gathering with the pack, before they think we've both gone missing or leave without us." Taking a quick glance around them Spirit took notice of Gale's absence. Her gaze drifted off towards the pack, where she assumed he had gone. Though their talk had only been brief Spirit hoped they could speak again.

[Ack Lame but I needed to post something Razz]
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran January 29th 2012, 8:14 am

"I'm so glad to see you alive." She whispered, her voice nearly cracking with emotion. Drawing back Spirit smiled, her eyes sweeping over Soran in search of any serious injuries. He had been trapped within the rotting wasteland far longer than anyone else. Surely that couldn't be good for his health? "We should really be gathering with the pack, before they think we've both gone missing or leave without us."

Soran could hardly utter a word as Spirit buried himself in his fur. In all the days that had passed, the male had had one goal and it was this; to reunite with his mate and take comfort in her presense, the jokes thy shared, and the signature pearl white coat that always seemed to be flitting around the territory and sitting by his side. But with his goal now finished, Soran had another thing to contend to: catching up on what had happened in his absence. One thing was clear, the pack could no longer live among the ashen ruins of their home, the herds would have moved on from such a place without green grass to support their heavy numbers. And who was leading them to a new territory? Had Kira stepped up ad taken her place as Alpha? Or had someone new come along to lead their numbers to safety?

The questions left his head spinning, but he had confidence that they would all be answered in due time. Briefly wrapping his head around Spirit's, the male nodded and turned towards the sound of voices in the distance. The male that had been here earlier had gone, perhaps in search of newer company or to leave the two to each other. "Spirit, who's leading us?" the male asked suddenly, his voice sounding Rusty and unused from traveling in silence.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2012, 8:03 pm

Journey to the West - Page 8 Sitata10
Sita's tail had begun to fan restlessly at Soran and Spirit's reunion. It was obvious that the two wolves had uncanny feelings for one another, she found it rather cute. She watched them with her amber eyes, swiveling her ears slightly to catch all the sound around her. She had become rather nervous ever since the fire had come; she supposed it was acceptable, but she still didn't like the lurking feeling that it had left with her. It made her feel as if she could lose everything in a blink of an eye, or the swipe of a paw. She shivered at the though, shaking out her fur quickly to dispatch the feeling. She knew it would never completely vanish - that feeling of looming doom, but it would get easier with time.

Or so she hoped.

Sita flanked along the side of the reunited pair, lolling her tongue out the side of her muzzle. She glanced to Crimson and Gale, meeting the gaze of her new found pack members. Crimson had long since accepted her into the pack; she had found her a nice home. Not long after, the fire had come. Sita pinned her ears to her skull slightly, glancing at Crimson once more. She was still really the newest member to the pack, and she hadn't quite made any friends yet. She chose to remain silent most of the time, only speaking when spoken to. She didn't want to make a fool of herself, so she had decided to keep to herself for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2012, 8:47 pm

A slim fae passed by.
It surely appeared to be the scent of wolves, that was for sure.
The female, known as Hestia, slinked forward like a snake.
Her paws brushed softly through the grass. "Why, there are wolves here." She whispered to herself, and unfolded her legs, the tall rusty fire colored female standing up straight now.
"Hello?" Her smooth voice spoke softly, as wind blew back on her fur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune January 29th 2012, 9:01 pm

(Because the council felt that we had been at a stand still with getting the whole journey started...it was decided that we would do a time skip. Three days have passed and the pack is now out of the forest and has entered some open grass lands. It is raining and has been raining for quite sometime now and the pack is now under a tree taking shelter. Please remember that the season is still Late fall and so the temperature is going to be rather cold. IF you have any questions about this time skip please let me know!)

The pack had just left the banks of the creek that lined the ashen land three days ago and already the hardships he knew they would eventually see…began to eagerly present themselves. Food had been scarcer then Crimson had originally thought it to be and the weather didn’t seem willing to cooperate with them either as a constant rain shower continued to hover above all of their heads. And to make matters worse they had broken free from the cover of trees a whole day ago. Now they traveled on wide open, grassy hills that only contained a few trees that lay scattered about the land. And it was one of those few trees that the pack now sat huddled against, waiting for the rain to either pass or weaken.

“At least this shall give us all a chance to talk and get to know one another better all in the same spot.” Crimson spoke, his words quiet and smooth as they fell from his blackened lips and were addressed to no one in particular.

(My post is lame, but it was needed to get the whole time skip out of the way. ^-^)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2012, 9:23 pm

Rain poured on her, and she flattened her ears back against her head.
"Hello?" She called again. "Is anyone here?" The female asked.

Her tail swished smoothly, and a troubled look cast in her eyes as she closed her eyes as rain fell in them, blinking away the liquid. Hestia hated rain. Her name meant fire, and for sure, rain was her biggest enermy for it blurred out images, washed out scents, and was even sometimes loud enough to block out other noises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 29th 2012, 9:41 pm

The tempest was looming, and it seemed like an entire sea was help up above the Banishing Winds pack. Slowly dumping rain, it would lighten and then dump relentlessly. Linnea would not have minded this, but the fact that it was chilly in general and that the rain was painfully cold to the touch made her resent it. She lay somewhat away from the others, her own little group of one. Her attempts to socialize were pressed back three days ago when they had set off. Linnea was a born traveler, and had moved through weather worse than this on her way to the pack she now lived in, but being in a large group was awkward to her. Being in the center of it was miserable. But she was about to be far more miserable. It was a fact known to her that she was due for an episode.

She looked around, seeking something to occupy her thoughts. She noticed nearest to her was Gale, and decided she would attempt to pick up where she had dropped conversation three days ago. She had to keep trying to fit in or at least find friends in her pack, because being idle would not do. She would not die a lonely wolf. She refused it. Nope. Wouldn't happen! She put her front legs in front of her and went to pull herself up before her shoulder shrieked. She almost bit her tongue, but did not fall this time. Linnea had grown more accustomed to the pain and could grit her teeth through them, and then wait an hour to be normal again. She stood in the awkward position for a few moments, her legs shaking and eyes shut tight as possible. A grimace of pain was vivid on her face, almost as vivid as her markings. After a minute though, she was able to at least hobble on three legs.

She made her way to Gale then, only a short distance away but it seemed long with one less usable leg. She moved in front of him, and huddled down. He had chosen a better spot evidently with thicker foliage above. She did not give any words, but a dip of the head in greeting. Silence was enough for her, she was content to listen to the rain. However, if he wished to talk she would reply.
(Lame!)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2012, 10:38 pm

Three days of travel, travel in cold, stinging rain, yet Ice didn't mind such a thing, she had traveled in the rain before, just not with a pack, and she remained by Phantom's side all the way through. Finally the pack had halted to rest under a tree as well as escape the rain. Since the temperatures have been dropping and winter making it's opening Ice's coat was growing thicker, fluffier, and even whiter each day and if to the untrained eye one might mistake her for an arctic wolf instead of a grey wolf, though the guess of arctic wolf was common because of her fur color.

As the pack hung about Ice slid into a laying position, Guess I better get SOME rest while I can. However, Ice rose her glance to Phantom and spoke softly and with a small grin, "Do you not think the time to see about your lungs has come? For the entire pack has come to a temporary standstill." A part of her was just about ready to drag him to one the healers herself and get him checked out, a smirk parted her muzzle at the thought, but she knew it was likely to happen. Then again, she had the secondary thought that her worry meant little to him at this point, since they were not truly mated yet, at least to Ice's knowledge... She actually did want to confess herself but, feared rejection. What if Phantom didn't feel the same? What if he spoke the words bu, left anyways like Codex had? Ice laid in a thoughtful silence the wind blowing her long winter pelt every which way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel January 30th 2012, 4:48 pm

The white brute kept his tail down and ears flattened as they traveled. Three days had passed since they left the river bed. Harsh weather had set in. Cold rainy days filled the old missed warm sun. The clouds covered overhead as they stopped to rest. His golden gaze looked all around. It wasnt a place of his choice. There were better out there. But it was just for a while, he reminded himself in thoughts. He couldnt remember if he had passed this large, what it seems to be, oak tree/trees. The chances were low. This was a large and vast wilderness he was thinking of. There are millions of different ways he went before meeting his new pack. He could have passed right beside here. Who know. Certinly not him. He chuckled softly at that thought. "I bet if one of the hunters smelled around here, they could find my scent from when i traveled through here sometime ago."

A tree? Seems a bit odd to stop here. Oh well. Its better then nothing. Who am i to complain? No one.

Phantom also noticed how much Ice's pelt was changing with the weather. "Someone is getting fluffed up." He laughed softly once more from his words. His normal humoress self was kciking in once more. The white male's pelt changed with his personalitl during the change of season.

Must be strange, eh?

"Do you not think the time to see about your lungs has come? For the entire pack has come to a temporary standstill."

"I think it'd be best if you get rest. You need it more then me. And my lungs are..." A crackling cough came from his jaws "just fine." His eyes became dull. Even he, himse, knew he was lying. He sighed. "Its nothing. My body will just have to get over it, ya know?" He wanted to change the subject. Fast. "Im sure the healers are to busy looking at everyone's pads anyhow." He looked at his own paws. It wasnt a big deal, pads? You could have thought of somethign better! "And if they say that i can no longer be a scout and run like i did when we races. I will refuse to sit out and miss out on action. I would just speak with the alphas and seek a rank change." Dout it!
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 30th 2012, 8:27 pm

Ice laughed at his humor, "Guess I may as well be a giant snowball now, however, I think you're catching up fairly well too there." Ice smiled with a bubble of laughter.

"I think it'd be best if you get rest. You need it
more then me. And my lungs are..." A crackling cough came from his jaws
"just fine."

Ice looked right at him now and pushed herself up to a sitting position, she flicked a single ear as she replied, "That doesn't sound fine to me..." He then made an excuse,

"I'm sure the healers are to busy looking at everyone's pads anyhow."

Ice smirked and rolled her eyes, "Uh huuuuh, sure Ghost. I may not be a genius but, I'm not one to pass an excuse when I hear one. Besides, if anything I'll drag you to one myself." Ice gave a small teasing smile as a tint of humor coated her last sentence.

(Lame-ish... Sorry.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 30th 2012, 9:07 pm

A small, timid whine escaped her mouth once the fae sorely noticed that no one had responded to her. Her paws hurting, she pushed herself on, farther.

'Possibly, it could have been only an imagination of mine, that there is someone here? It is quite usual of myself to be so mistakeable, gullible, so I don't exactly believe this is quite the surprise.' She decided, but the scent of canids hung on strongly in the air, and she just couldn't help but follow it, slowly.

The fire pelted, tall female made her way forward, her glossy black eyes blinking away the liquid. 'How horrid, rain. If only it would go away, I might have a bit of a more pleasant day.' She mused on, only after a few seconds did the soaking wet fae notice that it rhymed, her mouth smiled slightly in amusement, though her happiness faded quickly as she stumbled off her balance, tripping on a rock.

'Thankyou to my ability to be easily distracted.' She thought sarcastically and sourly, quickly scrambling up to her paws and shaking the mud off her pelt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 30th 2012, 9:32 pm

Journey to the West - Page 8 Sitata10
Sita perked her ears slightly at the sound of a female's voice nearby. She snapped her yellow pools back to the others, whom had obviously not caught sight of the she wolf. She was hidden well within the trees, and the wind did make it hard to see her. Sita tail wagged fiercely at the sight of the new comer. She always enjoyed meeting new wolves. She leaped quickly to her paws, her fur ruffled from the wind.

"Look! A new wolf!"

Sita bounded towards the she wolf - whom she would learn to be named Hestia - her entire posture suggesting a friendly type of matter. Not even a deranged wolf could mistake it for aggression. Sita stopped a few feet from the she wolf, tilting her head to the side, while lolling her tongue in a warm welcome.

"Hey there!" She said in a cheery tone, "Crimson, Soran, everyone, look what I found!"

{Sita: ^^ Hestia: O.O, XDDD}

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 30th 2012, 10:07 pm

Her ears perked, and she nearly jumped back in surprise when all of a sudden a wolf jumped in front of her. Her eyes widened.

'A wolf? Maybe I wasn't dreaming it all up after all.' The fae known as Hestia thought, and her tail began to wag, although still keeping cautious of her surroundings.

"Hello... there." She said, still feeling amazed although dumbstruct at the same time. Her body position lowered, curiousity over flowing her.

'Did she just call other wolves? More wolves?' Hestia panicked, and her eyes widened again in pure caution, but she added a few more to her sentence that she had smoothly spoken just a while ago."

"..My name is Hestia, meaning Fire." She forced her mouth to speak more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran January 31st 2012, 12:21 am

Sorans ears rose as an excited voice carried across the plain to where the male had settled down to rest. Another loner in the territory? It wasn't unusual for wolves to occasionally stumble upon the group, but since their old home had burned to ashes, it seemed like more and more loners were joining their ranks as the pack searched for a new home. For all they knew, a deserted territory with fresh resources could be only miles away, but after traveling for three days in bitter conditions, finding such a place seemed like a longshot. Less difficult perhaps, if the beta had not reunited with the pack days earlier. Left behind in the ruin of their old home, Soran had managed to scrape by with few injuries but had lost much knowledge as to who was leading the pack again. Spirit had informed him that a wolf by the name of Crimson had appeared as if out of nowhere to lead them to safely, but Soran had barely exchanged more than a few words of greeting to the male.

Rising to his paws, Soran shook away the rain that dripped from the line branches above. Fall was clearly claiming the land as leaves painted brown and red swirls with the bitter wind, leaving pine trees withhold the green of the forest. Poking his nose towards where the voice had called from, Soran recognized the faint scent of Sita along with the unfamiliar scent of a loner, perhaps another that hoped to travel along side them. Sure enough, as he paced towards the two, he recognized Sita's pelt through the light drizzle of rain and the bright pelt of the other female. Arriving in time to catch the loner's name, Soran placed himself beside the hunter and folded his dark tail across his paws, a habit he had drawn from Pallatsera. After greeting both females with a polite nod he spoke.

"Hestia, yes?" He began, keeping his tone and eyes kind, "Is there something we can do for you?" The question was short and formal, but by the female's stance and quavering voice, it didn't seem necessary to frighten her away from the pack if she wasn't a threat.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon January 31st 2012, 12:50 pm

Cinnamon slowed ggratefrully for m the ground eating trot she'd adopted as the pack travelled. Moving slightly away from the others she shook her coat off, desperate to be dry if only for a short while. Then she glanced around.

Spotting Ice and Phantom nearby she ambled over, smiling slightly as she heard the argument

"I think it'd be best if you get rest. You need it
more then me. And my lungs are...just fine."

"That doesn't sound fine to me..."

"I'm sure the healers are to busy looking at everyone's pads anyhow."

"Uh huuuuh, sure Ghost. I may not be a genius but, I'm not one to pass an excuse when I hear one. Besides, if anything I'll drag you to one myself."

Then, realising the subject of debate she stepped forward "Phantom, Ice is right, that cough sounds awful, your lungs are not fine" She stepped up next to the male "I'm going to speak with Linnea, you are not to move from here untill I come back."

With that she wheeled around and trotted off in search of the other female, calling as she went "Linnea! Linnea!"

Finally she found her "Linnea, I don't like the sound of Phantom's cough. I apologise if I'm interupting anything but I would like you to look at him yourself, I have only a small amount of healing knowledge"
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 31st 2012, 3:48 pm

"Linnea, I don't like the sound of Phantom's cough. I apologise if I'm interupting anything but I would like you to look at him yourself, I have only a small amount of healing knowledge"

Linnea rotated her head to meet the wolf she had heard, her mind recoiling from within her to reality. She recognised the wolf to be Cinnamon, an earthy colored female whom had been earlier titled as her helper when needed. Perhaps minion was a more amusing term, though she had yet to need any assistance from her. What herbs she had needed were right there up until now, when they resided under a large tree in the middle of grasses. Cinnamon's words registered in her mind. Another, by the name of Phantom, was still having trouble with his injury apparently to his chest and lungs and Cinnamon wished for Linnea to look over it herself. She would comply to her wishes. A simple nod was all the reply that she gave Cinnamon, before she awkwardly scaled upwards from the ground and then stood on three feet. Her shoulder throbbed in reply, and she winced at the pain slightly but otherwise ignored it.

"Lead me to Phantom, then." She finally spoke, for the first time in about a day. As she waited for Cinnamon's response Linnea pondered what could be wrong. Was he suffering a bruise or cut that was irritating his breathing, or possibly something in his mouth or throat that was causing the issue? Perhaps he was getting a respiratory infection by the cool weather and constant rain. Or, one of the worst cases, he was bleeding internally or his lungs were becoming filled with something other than air. If that was the case, there was not much Linnea could do to aid him. Another possibility was that he had lung damage from the fire.

With so many different possibilities, Linnea knew she would have to wait to meet him and ask questions to narrow down what was wrong. And even if she figured it out, herbs were scarce and the ones that did reside nearby may not even be the ones needed. It was hard for her to think positively when the sky was so dark and dreary, and when it had been so for some time. She had been forcefully drowned in boredom, and was struggling now to get out of it and think in other than short thoughts.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon January 31st 2012, 4:12 pm

"Lead me to Phantom, then."

Cinnamon nodded and led the other scholar back to Ice and Phantom, talking as she did so.

"I don't know quite what's causing the cough though I'm wondering if it was inherited, from what I've heard, Phantom was bred by humans then released, so I was mainly wondering if you had any ideas of local herbs that might give him relief, if not actually heal him"

She stopped next to Ice and sat down next to her, watching Phantom carefully
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next