Spirit
Gale
Rune
13 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Journey to the West - Page 10 Empty Re: Journey to the West

Post by Guest February 10th 2012, 11:15 am

As Ice erupted from her state of loathing memories she spotted Phantom headed towards a small body of water, most likely formed by the constant autumn rain. It seemed that the travels had more than likely made an utter mess of his once snow white pelt, though Ice couldn't say her own was any better for that matter... She then dropped from her perch and headed in his direction. Ice remembered Linnea's warning of what Phantom had was possibly contagious, Possibly... Not 100% right? Even so I'd rather suffer with him than without him... Ice knew she was putting herself in the face of a possible danger, but she cared not, she had stared danger in the eyes many times, it didn't scare her anymore.

If fate wants me then so be it, yet I shall not stand or walk alone nor should Phantom. Ice was completely oblivious to the fact that her personality was shifting, from all sunshine and rainbows to the seriousness and wise thoughts that she never really had. In her life Ice was always the sunshine, social butterfly, but now this was changing. Ice was beginning to become utterly serious, sterner, and a bit more protective, yet still felt the side of soft kindness and humor; that side was shrinking however.

She now found herself standing by Phantom's side, after taking a drink from the rain water as well, she sat onto her haunches, lifted her gaze to his and mulled over what to say, His eyes seem dull, darker than before. Yet I know he is still bright on the inside, illness cast aside. Should I utter the words that I long to hear him say? Or do I wait until the pack settles? Yet when we settle could be long from here... Yes, I will ask him, push aside fear, gain confidence and speak. Ice then began to speak to him with a honest and gentle voice, "Phantom, there is something I wish to ask of you... Something important that includes us both." Pausing to take in a breath Ice now took her new words from her heart. "Dearest Phantom, the first time we met I had thought that I'd given up on finding love again... But as I got and still get to know you I feel as if already there is an unbreakable bond between I and you. What I say now I speak from my heart and this is what I long to ask... Phantom, I wish to spend the rest of my life at your side and your side only, no matter your condition or mine, will you be my... mate?"

Everything Ice had was laid out on the line either to be broken or accepted, either way she waited for an answer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel February 10th 2012, 11:51 am

The falling rain didn't mind Phantom. He stared down at his dirty reflection for a good long lasting while. Suddenly the image of Ice showed at his side. At first the brute thought that he was seeing things. Manifestion. A grunt sounded from his vocal cords. Seeing things. I must be sick. His pelt began to to flatten from the rain hitting it and he lay his ears flat againest his head. Soon the sjy water quickened and his and her reflection drew away like the fog does on the mountains where he called home so long ago. The voice of Ice came just like the weather. Smooth. He looked over at her with gazing eyes and muttered, "Can i help you?"

Hopefully i didnt say that rudely!

He listened with a twitching tail as she spoke of spending the rest of their lives at eachother's side. He lifted his eye brows. He thought for a brief millisecond. "Of course, Ice. Why wouldnt I? I feel just the same as you do to me. I wanted to ask you this once I was healthy again but it seems that you already beat me there."
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena February 10th 2012, 6:11 pm

Where they had stopped was bleak, she had to admit it. Though she was sure that these plains held plenty of promise, the rain dulled it and made her mood go downhill. Crimson had led them to where they were now. She had done her job, watching for threats by scouting one side of the moving wolves, and the others had done theirs. But as she suspected, there was nothing to bother them, for by size alone, they looked stronger than they really were. Adena's paws ached by the time they came to the place, feeling numb with the nearly constant travelling. But nothing would stop her from doing her own little bit.

The rainwater washed away the scents of prey, draining the earth of all it's aromas and turning it to mud. Adena had never been particularly fond of rain, but she knew that without it, nothing would survive. Water was essential to life, but it was hard to think positively of it when it pelted down on her fur heavily, making her weary and irritated. With the rain making her red coat feel heavy as it pressed against her frame, she felt more tired than she really was. But though her red coat was saturated, it still fashioned it's fiery red hues, but she felt like her fire had been put out and her muscles ached for rest. She gave her fur a few quick licks to try and smooth it, but she couldn't do much with it while the rain still lashed down on her. It stuck out at all angles, spiked and ruffled. She huffed in irritation and gave up trying to tame it.

Adena spotted a stranger entering the clearing. The she-wolf's coat would have held some of the same colours as Adena's, but her fur had dulled with the rain, whereas Adena's hadn't quite as much. Gale and Linnëa lying a way off under the shelter of vegetation and as the stranger approached them, so did Adena, following cautiously, watching for any signs of aggression for she knew that Linnëa was weakened by injuries she had sustained in the fire and they couldn't have a confrontation. She made her way over to them and silently placed herself a few paces away from the loner and the other two. Adena nodded at them, giving them a little, weary smile before looking back to the loner.

"Hello there, my name is Hestia, and I am in search of a pack."

Then go find another and let us rest, Adena thought silently. She bit her lip to keep herself from actually speaking her thoughts. She just bit back the words. It was not her business to deal with loners seeking acceptance. Her angst was getting the better of her. As Linnëa addressed the lone female, Adena watched the female whom had introduced herself as Hestia with wary blue eyes, her skepticism showing clearly in them. She was simply not in the mood to be agreeable, but instead of butting in, she decided to let Linnëa consider her and if needed, bring her to the leaders. Now, Adena thought of another issue that was bothering her: who were their leaders?
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 11th 2012, 12:03 am

Ice merely smiled at his first question towards her,

"Can i help you?"

Indeed they sounded a bit, dull, perhaps not the right word but it fit for the second. It was his reply to her question that brightened her through the rain and clouds of grey, she waved her tail merrily for a few moments. Ice replied to Phantom's word of her beating him to the question, voice soft as the falling rain,

"Well, to be honest I was never the one for many questions... And well, guess I got over that small fear."

A small chime of a chuckle came from her, she then looked into the water, at their reflections as if studying them, course her mind played a dirty trick on her making the image of her past love, Codex, appeared, thus she turned her head away in past sorrows,

No... That's over... It's been over for a long time now, why won't you leave my mind?

When Ice looked back towards the water Codex's image faded away as if in it's own sorrow and regret for leaving. She gave a slight frown, she had never told Phantom of her small past romance, yet she would hold onto it until at least he himself was better. It was no good to put her own problems on his shoulders... Ice gave another glance towards Phantom and made a solemn promise,

"I shall not follow nor will I lead... Only walk beside you through whatever may

be imminent or block our way."

Ice just gently snuffled under his chin and gently spoke,

"We should get out of this rain, no need to catch anything, ya know?"

Ice made a soft smile towards him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran February 11th 2012, 3:15 pm

Soran had gone away, just for a short while. He thought that maybe some hunting would clear his head, and untangle the knotted threads of recent events. Stalking through a field in search of large prey, he lashed his tail, and tried to find solace in the light that warmed his coat. For some reason though, he despised it. The warmth of the sun brought back memories of the scorching tongues of flame that had claimed the forest. It made him crave the rain. The thought only brought him grief and confusion. He thought of Maiara and Rune. His brother, and his mate, a friend that had been so fascinated with the rain, and always knew the right thing to say. He could have used her now. It seemed he no longer was able to find any words. Whenever he considered speaking, tossing a joke into the air to lift spirits, or add his opinion, he felt that it was useless, and the words died before they flickered off his tongue.

He was distracted from his contemplation, however, by the scent of what he had been seeking; elk. Following the wind, he soon found the scent’s source. A small herd of the ungulates stood grazing in a small valley below him. A large bull elk with magnificent antlers like tree boughs caught his eye. That elk would feed the entire pack. But as a trained hunter, he knew better than to go for the cream of the crop. It would be too dangerous, and even supposing he escaped injury, it could take days to take down an elk of that size all by himself. Instead, he scanned the group until he found what he sought. On the rim of the little herd was an ancient looking female. Pale scars riddled her hind legs in a puffy scrawling pattern; it seemed that she had escaped her share of his kind before. He closed his murky brown eyes and envisioned it: he would sprint forward and detach the old crone from the herd and chase her down until she could go no further. Once that had been accomplished he would quickly end her life with a swift bite to the jugular. He had done it hundreds of times; nothing could go wrong.

Soran bolted forward, his fur no more than a brown streak on the landscape’s canvas. The herd only caught on when it was too late. Mass panic broke out amongst the elk, and they were stupidly slow in their surprise. It was too easy to block the old female’s escape. But as he began his chase, he swiveled his ear, hearing footfalls on the packed earth. They were not the footsteps of the herd abandoning their weakest member. They were coming towards him. Had his time come to leave already? He had not anticipated this sudden change of fates, he had no reason to leave. And yet, there were those footsteps, familiar as an old friend, beckoning him. He turned to confirm his fate, only to be met with antlers like tree boughs. He watched as the great structures of bone came up from beneath him, piercing his chest, and spilling out crimson blood. It was the most peculiar feeling, in that, he felt nothing at all. He was tossed into the air. For one splendid, horrifying moment, he was flying. Until he plummeted and smashed back to the ground, the footsteps fading into the distance. The ground on which he lay was already as red as a summer sunset, and it occurred to him that maybe this was the setting of a sun, even if it wasn’t the one that still hung in the sky. He had lived the life of a sun. He had known much fire, and much light. He had brought day to those around him drowning in light. His thoughts went to Spirit. His lovely Spirit. Even in the moments when he had grown dark, a sun growing so close to an eclipse, she had supported him, and brought him past all shadows of past, present and future. As he pictured her snowy pelt, glowing like an angel in his mind he realized with an aching mourning, that he was not ready to go. Yet as the footsteps died away, they carried his life along with them. Farther from the pack and closer to where he was supposed to be, as Soran the hunter, died.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit February 11th 2012, 10:39 pm

Spirit's gaze rose from her paws to scan at the soggy world around her. She watched the pack move around under the trees from where she sat at the base of her own, away from them. The pounding rain made them appear distorted, their coats blending to create blobs of moving fur. One of the blobs got up from where they sat and began to walk out into the rain, becoming soaked in seconds. Spirit jumped to her paws, she'd recognize that wolf anywhere. But why was Soran heading out into the rain? Had he no sense? A frown crossed her muzzle as she watched him walk out of sight. Something was pulling at her stomach, making it twist into knots. Waves of unease began to form with the knots. This didn't feel right.

Briefly glancing at the rest of the pack, Spirit followed Soran in the direction he had set off in. The instant the rain touched her pelt Spirit was drenched in the liquid. Her fur clumped in thick strands and stuck to her small frame. This was one thing she hated about rain. It was terrible, not only for messing with her fur but bringing an overwhelming sensation of gloom with it. She didn't need that right now nor wanted it. The pack was currently without a home and she was on edge as it was, she didn't need anymore gloom in her life.

"Soran?..." Spirit called out quietly. No response. A low whine escaped from her throat as the Lead Scout picked up her pace. This certainly wasn't settling right. "Sor-" Spirit stopped abruptly as she left the tree line. Her eyes widened, focusing on the sight of Soran on the ground, limp. She took one step forward, and then another. Slowly making her way towards her mate. The horror of it all sinking into her slowly. How could this be? Why? Why him? Spirit sunk to the ground besides Soran, her white fur getting covered in mud. No words would form from her mouth, not even another thought entered her mind. Dead. He was gone, stolen from her. Spirit howled in mourning, her head lifting into the cloudy sky before she buried it into his fur, hoping that maybe if she held on long enough he'd come back.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune February 12th 2012, 2:28 am

Crimson’s ears soon found themselves plastered to the side of his head as a sorrowful howl cut through the clouded sky. With eyes shut and black lids fully visible Crimson heaved himself onto his large paws and stepped out into the chilling liquid that fell from the sky. There he paused, as a cold icy wind blew and carried the howl he had just recently heard elsewhere. No image of a limp body was needed to know that death had just claimed a life of one of his members. After a long moment of remaining silent Crimson’s legs twitched with a slight tinge of pain as the coldness began to seep in from his already filthy paws and into both his front and hind legs.

As he turned around to face those under the tree again Crimson gave into his limbs desire to move and made his way back under the somewhat comforting branches of the tree. Still at a distance though his eyes found Adena, but left her figure almost as soon as they had found her. Instead he shifted them away as Gale entered his line of vision. Since they had set off Crimson had wanted to discuss a few things with the male, but time had not allowed it until now. “Have time to talk for a bit?” Crimson questioned, lightly just before he came to a stiff halt before the Lead Guard.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Journey to the West - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue100/100Journey to the West - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale February 12th 2012, 3:10 am

As soon as she had approached them, Hestia disappeared once more. Looking at both Linnëa and the arrival of Adena, the lead guardian shrugged. Gale had earned the rank just before the pack had left the former territory. Crimson had bestowed it upon him for his intelligence and his readiness to come up with a plan to get the pack moving. Slowly, the unofficial alpha male was becoming a friend to the Wanderer which was no easy feat. Especially since the previous alpha had earned nothing but anger and frustration from the warrior. Gale smiled briefly at the thought before it faltered to the sound of a heart broken howl. His red-hued ears turned directly to the sound and he lowered his green coloured eyes to the ground. That howl belonged to none other than Spirit and that alone told him something had befallen Soran. Listening to the tone of it let him know exactly what that something once; Soran was dead and Spirit was mourning.

“Have time to talk for a bit?”

"Of course." He spoke, keeping every emotion out of his voice. Standing, he dipped his head to Adena and Linnëa before motioning for Crimson to lead him elsewhere. Normally, he would have gone to Spirit and tried to help her with her suffering, but Gale wasn't that wolf anymore. Once more, his previous detattachment had appeared; seemingly sealing him off from all others. However, it wasn't as strong this time, that meant the old Wanderer made appearances more and more frequently.

[Lame..]
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 12th 2012, 3:11 am

Aceline stood, her orbs flickering towards a lifeless frame upon the earth. What happened exactly to the pack since her departure? Mud seeped into her peds, causing the Fae to make a bleak face. The harsh winter gale swept over Aceline much as broom would to a pile of dust. Drops of cool liquid splashed onto her pelt, as she continued to gaze towards the pack. Here once again, Aceline found herself asking to be part of the pack. Would the alpha even accept her once again? Or would he return her question to a bite upon her flesh?

A chill running up her spine, led Aceline walking toward the alpha. Her ears picked up on the sound of sorrow coming from a cotton Fae near by a lifeless chocolate frame. Everything seemed so bleak right now. She longed for a ray of hope shining from the blocking puffs of water vaper. No life surrounded themselves as did before. Trees scarred with burned flesh, some laid flat, or others only pieces left. The grass was no longer the fresh vibrate green she loved. Now only the pale color of death. Snapping back into reality, Aceline stood about five feet away from the alpha. "Excuse me.... I was hoping in a return to the pack?" the coal Fae said standing still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon February 12th 2012, 5:57 am

Cinnamon was about to respond to Falco when a howl rose through the air. A mourning howl.

She was up on her feet and running in seconds, racing towards the howl through the rain. Twice she slipped on the damp grass but she kept going, driven on by fear. As Spirit's howling form came into veiw she slowed down, feeling just as sick as Falco had been

Not Soran, please not Soran

But the brown and cream male lay there at his mate's feet, cold and still. Cinnamon stared for a long moment, struggling to understand. Then she too threw back her head and bayed in misery, for both the Beta of Banishing Winds and the Alpha he had once been for Howling Stones.

Then, as she ran out of breath she gently rested against Spirit, who still mourned

"Take your time to mourn, but if you want to talk about it, I'll always be willing to listen
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena February 12th 2012, 7:53 am

A howl, one full of grief, reached Adena's ears. It was all she could hear. The bustling sounds of the pack were drowned out by the song of sorrow. Her ears flicked anxiously before flattening against her head. She stiffened, her limbs aching not only from tiredness, but with the dread she felt at what was happening. Once the howl had sounded, it seemed the pack had come to a standstill, all wondering in apprehension at what could have happened; almost everyone seemed to be in a state of shock. It took no effort to guess the reason why the howl had made them all freeze for a moment. Adena knew exactly who was howling. Spirit's voice was unmistakable. And she would only howl like she was if something had happened to Soran.

Adena couldn't bring herself to move. She shut her eyes tightly and shook her head, despairing. She knew that she should go to Spirit, but the moment Cinnamon shot off like she was on fire, Adena knew that Spirit would need some space. If they all crowded around her it would only make things worse. But Soran was their beta and a part of the pack. They would all feel his absence and mourn him, even those that weren't close to him. The pack had only just come out of one problem, and now was faced with this. They had to deal with Soran's death as well and finding a new home after leaving their burnt one.

“Have time to talk for a bit?”

As he addressed Gale, her gaze simply shifted to regard Crimson with sad blue eyes as he called Gale away. As Gale walked by her, inclining his head to her and Linnëa, Adena imagined she saw the Gale that had come before the departure of the two she-wolves resurfacing, even if he was still trying to push it away. She knew that Spirit’s howl affected him as it did everyone else. It was barely noticeable, but it was there. Adena looked away from him to the direction from which the howl had come from. The rain still pelted down, but Adena could hear Cinnamon now too, loud and clear. The red femme settled down, lying on the damp ground, shutting her eyes tightly. She needed to rest. Her eyelids fluttered restlessly though, even when she tried to calm herself. She wouldn’t be able to sleep, she knew. Not with the death of Soran. So she rested.

Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel February 12th 2012, 11:15 am

Phantom nodded "Yes. Indeed. Your right. We should find shome shelter." He slowly lifted his ears towards his newly crowned mate. "I wonder how the others will take the news." His eyes gleamed as he looked down at here. They slowly lifted away from her for a breif moment and turned towards a large hollow oak tree. "Look! Theres a hollow tree not far from where we stand now." As the brute trotted towards the sheltering area, something didnt feel right. "Somethings not right..." He said this in a hushed tone. The white male began to smell the air. It would be difficult to try to smell anything with the weather patterns right now. The rain would mingle all kinds of smells together. Suddenly a sorrow howl filled the air. A she wolf. She seemed to be calling for her mate. He must be the one choosen to leave this land. The scout looked at his mate. "Who's howl does that belong to? I still dont know many of the pack yet." He asked quickly. His eyes stared off into the distance where it had come and he waited. One loses a mate and another gains....

Last edited by Phantom on February 12th 2012, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit February 12th 2012, 1:43 pm

Spirit whined, her head resting on Soran's ribs. She should have moved faster, noticed things weren't right sooner. Her thoughts suddenly went out towards Gale who had lost both of the wolves he had once cared for. How much that would have hurt... The feeling of dread that overwhelmed someone when they lost that special part of their life was agonizing. But already a rock was beginning to form into Spirit's heart, leaving her feeling numb. Rising to her paws, wobbling a little as she recovered from the initial shock, she looked down at Soran. She didn't know what to do, her heart shattered and left to turn to dust.

Through the rain, Spirit could barely make out the sound of pawsteps before she saw the wolf. Turning her head slowly Spirit looked at Cinnamon, she wasn't alone in her grief after all. "Take your time to mourn, but if you want to talk about it, I'll always be willing to listen" Spirit remained silent, gazing back down at her paws. She took in a breath, her mind beginning to buzz with thoughts. Anger, frustration, fear, blame. Spirit turned to Cinnamon, her eyes narrowed and cold. "I don't need your sympathy and I certainly wouldn't care for it. It doesn't fix things Cinnamon, nothing will. Not ever." She gritted her teeth, a low growl surfacing from her throat. Spirit looked back down at the ground, trying to gather her thoughts but her mind was just too muddled to bother with. Shaking her head, Spirit pushed past Cinnamon, marching towards the pack. The Delta didn't know what she was going to do. Her mind flickered back to Rune after Maiaria had died. Would her grief bring her to such ends to? Spirit slowed to a halt, her eyes staring out into the rain. It wouldn't would it?

[So lame.. xD]
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon February 12th 2012, 3:29 pm

"I don't need your sympathy and I certainly wouldn't care for it. It doesn't fix things Cinnamon, nothing will. Not ever."

She backed off as Spirit shoved past her,realising she'd made things worse without meaning to. She called after the other female, desperation to make amends thick in her voice

"Spirit, I didn't mean it like that... I'm sorry."

Then in disgrace she slunk away dropping down next to Adena with a hopeless sigh. "Why is it when I try to help I make things worse" She looked at the brown female "Help me Dena, please."
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune February 12th 2012, 4:54 pm

"Excuse me.... I was hoping in a return to the pack?"

"Of course."

Crimson gave a faint smile of thanks as the words of cooperation flowed effortlessly into his dampened ears. However, before he could turn away and lead Gale elsewhere to talk another voice grasped his attention and kept him unmoving for a short time. It was a voice he did not recognize, but could easily tell belonged to a female. With no words and no real emotion showing at that point Crimson swung his head over to identify the one who had spoken of return. As his brown orbs fell onto the medium sized female, a sense of intrigue washed over Crimson as prolonged his stare. Her eyes were of an odd color, but he found them unique and somewhat beautiful. Realizing he had been awkwardly staring Crimson adverted his eyes and turned his head sideways as his black lips drew tighter and formed a hard line.

“You speak of returning? Which must mean you were here before when this pack was run by Rune the former alpha male?” Crimson started speaking though his head still was faced in a different direction. Aimlessly staring out into the rain, which in his opinion was much better then staring stupidly at some new female because her eye color was different. Silently Crimson wondered if it would be possible to tell her to cast her eyes elsewhere or perhaps even shut them entirely. Yes, if she were to do that then it would make things much simpler. Of course he knew he couldn’t just go around and order everyone with intriguing eyes to keep them shut. If he did then Adena, Kira, Linnea, and this returnee would all be wandering about blindly. A thought that at first seemed rather funny to Crimson and one he would desire to see some time, but then it fell along the borders of being bothersome. And so with a shake of the head Crimson cast them out from his mind.

Clearing his throat Crimson sucked in the cold autumn air and almost winced as it filled his lungs. “Returnee, I must discuss important matters with another at this very moment. When I return we can talk about you being reinstated into the pack’s ranks. Until then though, I want you to think of what the word “loyalty” means to you as an individual. As well as where you think that term means is most important.” Crimson finished and dipped his head to the female and then glanced at Gale to make sure he would still follow. As he stepped out into the bone chilling rain again though Crimson paused, but kept his head forward. “If you can’t provide me with an answer...please continue you on your way as soon as the rain clears up.” He added with a tinge of sadness in his tone though it soon vanished along with his own figure as he started down a hill.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Journey to the West - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue100/100Journey to the West - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 12th 2012, 5:36 pm

“You speak of returning? Which must mean you were here before when this pack was run by Rune the former alpha male?”

The familiar name of her former Alpha, made her give a faint smile. This brute however did not sound or look like anything to Rune. The awkward stare he gave her at the site of jade orbs. The coldness and sadness in his pitch of his voice, caused a chill binding shiver to run up her spine. Aceline closed her jade orbs, only to see the familiar darkness. The pack seemed different, not the cheerful side showing. "Not again...... I don't want to be refered to that wolf again" she mumbled with a bleak voice.

“Returnee, I must discuss important matters with another at this very moment. When I return we can talk about you being reinstated into the pack’s ranks. Until then though, I want you to think of what the word “loyalty” means to you as an individual. As well as where you think that term means is most important.”

WIth her orbs still closed, quietly she awaited for him to finish. The way he spoke or even his awkwardness swept over her, knowing this wolf did not like her. Yes, she was quite different from the rest. She had no true talents, she very well knew this. But this Brute, kept reminding her of these things. Her faint smile turn into a more profound weak and bleak frown. Her ears perked at the silence, finally he was finished.

“If you can’t provide me with an answer...please continue you on your way as soon as the rain clears up"

"I very well know what the term "loyalty" means. You have yet to see it" Aceline finished as his figure vanished over the hill. A small sigh echoed her throut, allowing her to open her orbs. The familiar gloomy scene made her want to see the darknes once again. Something caught her glare, a sign of life. A faint smile formed on her maw as Aceline trotted towards the object. Through the ending fire, covered slightly by crisp leaves laid a seed. The wonderful bright green color of the tiny sapling meant it was sure to be life. But shouldn't this seed be in the life giving earth. Using her medium sized paw, Aceline created a hole, before gingerly placing the sapling into it. Soil covered it back up once again, right by the hole was Aceline. Until the "awkward" Brute came back, Aceline would stay there keeping watch over the safty of the only sign of life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena February 12th 2012, 5:53 pm

"Why is it when I try to help I make things worse. Help me Dena, please."

Adena lifted her head and looked over her shoulder, hesitantly opening one eye to look at Cinnamon, her gaze baffled for a moment before clearing. "You don't need to tell me about making things worse. I'm great at doing that," she countered wearily as she rolled over on her side, facing the other female. She shut her eyes lightly, but was still fully aware of what was happening. She tucked her head in to her chest, pulling one paw over her eyes. "Cinnamon," she mumbled. "Sometimes its best just to leave things be. In this case, that applies. Sometimes, others just want to suffer alone. But know that when they do want your help and comfort, they will want you to be there for them. And you should be." Her voice was slightly muffled by her fur, but her words still came out clearly. Adena's sides heaved as she let out a heavy sigh. "Just give it time. Everything takes time," she finished evenly.

The red femme opened her eyes, raising her head slightly. "Where is Spirit now?" she asked Cinnamon, her eyes searching the pack for the female's white coat. She wouldn't do something brash, would she? All Adena could think about then was how Rune reacted to Maiara's death. But Spirit wouldn't do the same, would she? When her eyes spotted Spirit's white pelt, Adena sighed, reassured. "Oh, there," she said, answering her own question before Cinnamon could get a word in. She rested her head back down on the earth. "Cinnamon, just leave her be for the moment. Have patience ," Adena's limbs then went slack as she relaxed, waiting to see if Cinnamon would make any reply. She closed her blue eyes lightly, but fully aware of what was happening. She could hear the rain and the wind and could feel the cold earth pushing against her. And the ear that wasn't pressed to the ground was trained on Cinnamon.

She could hear Crimson speaking to a female in the background, though she didn't know who the female was; certainly not one of their own, Adena was sure. And from what she could hear, he was questioning her loyalty. Had she been a part of the pack previously? Adena sat up discretely to see how the female would react, mild amusement softening her features. One brow arched elegantly, she shifted her weight so she could sit up and watch what was going on. She pondered how the female would respond as she observed Crimson and this stranger with her frigid eyes. Crimson sure had a way to get his point across. Adena studied the stranger’s face, her brow still raised. How would she react to Crimson’s talk of loyalty?

"I very well know what the term "loyalty" means. You have yet to see it." Adena lifted her muzzle when the female answered Crimson as he padded away. A little smirk tugged at Adena's maw. She liked the female's reply. She could only wait to see how Crimson would take it. She would enjoy seeing the result. She rested her head on her paws, warily scrutinizing the loner as she padded around. She flicked her ear back in Cinnamon’s direction to show her that she was back in her attention.

Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear February 12th 2012, 7:49 pm

Falco watched as Cinnamon quickly left, following the mournful howl. His ears flicked as the horrible bile flowed up and into his mouth once more. He forced himself to swallow and keep it down, ending with a hiccup.

The rain had dampened his pelt making it more to the colour of his grey tipped ears and paws. The patch of dirt he had been laying in turned into a muddy mixture of fallen leaves and twigs, and dirt. All sticking to his underside.

Falco wondered who the pack had lost, he never liked the idea of losing others, especially like the way he had 'lost' Silver. But her life was to her own now. Falco needed to move on and get over the nonsense that had overcome him. He didn't know if he would be able to love another the way he did Silver, but all he knew was that he didn't want to place that kind of trust in anyone who may leave him, as a friend or a lover.

Feeling the sickness, and dizziness disappear, he slowly got to his paws and shook lightly, not too much to make his head spin. He followed off to where Cinnamon had disappeared to and to see who, and what had happened to the now deceased pack member. There was an array of howls as Falco neared them, knowing that it must of been someone important.

As he drew closer, catching snippets of the deceased, it was a tawny coloured wolf, with cream highlights, it seemed to be a familiar wolf. Falco moved closer, swallowing slightly. It was soon revealed to him that the deceased was the former Beta, and Lead Hunter before him, of the pack. Falco's ears dropped and he whined. He had always looked up to Soran, aspired to be like him. He fell down into a sit, curling his tail by his side. Soran was so nice to every one, and everyone had loved him like a big brother. Falco's grey eyes looked over his body, there were puncture marks, and a faint smell of elk, intermingled with his blood. The white male put two and two together, the Elk had killed him. 'How dare they' he thought as he rose to his paws.

Letting out a mournful howl just as those before him did, Falco decided that he would go after the beasts and bring every last one down, that had murdered the male. He sniffed around Soran's body, picking up their scent and direction, heading off after them, at a brisk trot. Rage filling him within.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale February 12th 2012, 8:46 pm

Gale nodded to the female who wished to return to the pack. A small apologetic smile was directed towards her before it vanished from his face. His paws splashed through the soaked earth; causing the lighter tan hue of his paws to become coloured with mud. With every step, he winced. The one thing he hated was to have water seep through his pads, it was annoying. Within seconds of being out in the rain, his coat was thoroughly soaked with the water though it made no contact with his skin due to its water proof qualities. That didn't make him feel any less miserable though. Sighing, he knew that he had to "grin and bare it" persay. However, he stopped in his tracks the second his green eyes caught sight of an all-too familiar white coat. The one that had earned Spirit her name, the one that he had grown to know well. His tail brushed along her coat as she stalked by him, her own ghost-like pelt soaked.

"Talk to me later." He murmured quietly. It wasn't a command, not like he had grown used to issuing during the journey. It wasn't a question either because the pitch wasn't quite that. It was more of a request, one that he desperately hoped that she would follow. Spirit was a true friend and he hoped that he was one for her.

Turning his attention back to following Crimson, the brute continued on. It seemed no matter where he went, he was always the Wanderer.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 12th 2012, 9:12 pm

"Look! Theres a hollow tree not far from where we stand now."

On her new mate's words Ice followed him without hesitance, then her ears picked up the faint howl of sorrow, a tight knot placed itself in her stomach as she knew who it was, Ice whispered to Phantom's question of the howl's owner,

"It is Spirit, the lead scout... Something seems terribly wrong, with such a howl it must be something of utter importance... I think I will go check what's up, be back in a flash Ghosty."

With the words Ice affectionately rubbed her body past his as she exited the hollow tree and began in an effortless sprint towards the lead scout.

Upon arrival Ice froze only a foot or so away from the lead scout, Spirit, who was mourning into her mate's lifeless body... the brown male triggered a memory...

Soran nodded, as if in approval of the replies from both wolves. While
they seemed tired now, with a long day’s rest and a wholesome meal, both
would soon be able to scout the territory with the others, led of
course by Spirit. “Well, seeing as you both appear anxious to join, and
you are already aware of your strengths, then I believe it is within my
power to accept you.” He replied, rising to his paws as he spoke. “I’m
Soran, by the way. I’m one of the Beta’s here. While you’re here, I’m
sure you’ll meet the two Alphas that go by Rune and Maiara. However, I
must warn that you exceed caution, and remind Maiara that you have
already been accepted, as she’s expecting pups soon and we can’t be too
cautious.”

Yes, it was the same male who had accepted her and Codex long before... A rising sorrow grew and rose inside Ice as she slowly walked towards the mourning Spirit, Ice made a respectful and most apologetic gesture as she whispered soft words,

"Spirit, I am truly sorry for your loss... Soran was a most kind male as it was he who accepted me into the pack. If there is ever anything I can offer help with, do not hesitate to ask or tell me, I understand your pain of this... My mother was killed mostly in the same way, hunting elk. Only I watched her fate. Trust me as I may say that it is better to have not seen his death... I shall leave you in peace Spirit."

Before Ice left though she whispered,

"At least now he and Rune, his brother may be together now as with Maiara. Let them be our guides and light in the shadows."

With those words Ice made her way back through the rain and gloomy day, even more gloomy now with death.

Ice wondered if their new leader heard of this and decided to find him, when she did she bowed her head in respect and spoke,

"Crimson, you have heard the sorrowful howl of Spirit? I've just come from there and terrible, remorseful news I bare... Soran, is dead. Killed by an elk's rack, I suspect he attempted a solo hunt, reason I suspect so is that I have witnessed such a fate claim my own mother. This is all I have to tell, I must return to my mate now. Peace and luck to you Crimson."

Ice now returned to Ghost with the sad news as she spoke,

"Death has claimed a most important member of the pack, a beta and no less or more. Soran, beta male and mate of Spirit has been slain by that we hunt, an elk's rack..."

(Curses for having to search a locked topic of hundreds of pages of posts for this one! Grr.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit February 12th 2012, 11:31 pm

Spirit narrowed her eyes, her breath coming out in large huffs. Her blue eyes cast off to the side as Gale approached her. He looked different than before, but not drastically. It seemed everyone was somehow affected by Soran's death, more than Spirit had realized. "Talk to me later." He murmured quietly, his tail tracing along her flank before he filed past, following Crimson off to talk. Spirit remained still for a few moments, her eyes still locked on the land in front of her as she tried to compose herself. Turning, Spirit looked over her shoulder towards Gale as he walked off into the rain. She watched his brown form turn to a blur as the rain closed around him. The knots that had tied themselves in her stomach seemed to double, twisting around each other until Spirit felt she may just collapse. Glancing back over at the tree Spirit watched as Ice made her way out into the rain to come and speak with her. The Delta hardened, her muscles tightening as Ice neared.

"Spirit, I am truly sorry for your loss... Soran was a most kind male as it was he who accepted me into the pack. If there is ever anything I can offer help with, do not hesitate to ask or tell me, I understand your pain of this... My mother was killed mostly in the same way, hunting elk. Only I watched her fate. Trust me as I may say that it is better to have not seen his death... I shall leave you in peace Spirit. "At least now he and Rune, his brother may be together now as with Maiara. Let them be our guides and light in the shadows."

Silence swallowed Spirit as her cold eyes watched Ice depart once more to the shelter of the tree, running back to Phantom where they sat. Her eyes stayed on them as they sat together, envy swelling in her chest. How could they sit there so comfortably when Soran lay dead. Sinking her claws into the ground Spirit growled, her anger flaring once more. She turned in a circle once, then twice, unsure of where to go now. Snarling in frustration she bolted forward, charging off in some unknown direction. She wanted to be away from all this grief, all of the sympathy. They shouldn't feel sorry for her, they had just lost their Beta! They should be mourning for him and instead they wasted their time with her. Spirit closed her eyes, letting her paws guide her.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune February 13th 2012, 1:24 am

Crimson continued onward down the hill and although it was faint he thought he had heard a response from the returnee. However, he dismissed what he thought he heard for now and focused on going over what exactly he had wished to speak with Gale about. When he moved the large male up in rank it was because he had shown great skill in planning, but also as thanks. For it was in fact Gale who had convinced the others to put aside the emotions they felt when Crimson stepped up to take a rank that was never meant to be his and seek new land. As his feet slouched through the puddles of water that had collected upon the ground Crimson began to wonder why Gale never had decided to take the role as a leader. He certainly seemed capable in most points and many of the members seemed to respect him.
“You ever think about taking on a higher role?” Crimson finally asked when he could no longer contain his thoughts on the matter.

(Lame)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver February 13th 2012, 9:57 am

The world and everything in it had turned into a blur for Linnëa, the mumblings of voices and far off howls seemed nonexistent to her. Her mind was halfway awake, but not enough to really know what was happening. Dreams swirled like fog in her mind. It created a haze over true thoughts and distorted reality, making everything seem confusing and complicated to the exhausted wolf. She was unknowing of Soran's death as well as Gale's departure. Had she known, she would likely be up and about as she normally was. But she was so tired that the slumber she had now been thrown into kept her from thinking in a straight line. Her thoughts were more like the vines of a tree, up and down and swirling all sorts of ways.

She was at the same place she had been, a few feet away from where Gale had been resting. A short time before he had left with Crimson she had decided to curl up for a nap, and that she did. Her feet were tucked against her belly, and her tail was against her feet. She stretched then, in her sleep, and rolled a bit so her head was upside down in an amusing position. Her consciousness was in and out, indiscernible from her dreams. There were the times when one would be sleeping, and suddenly they would think enough to realize they were in a dream. This was not one of those times.

An awakening by a pack member, for one, was a bad idea. Linnëa was not only a deep sleeper, but tended to be snappy when another woke her. She did not find such things amusing, or funny to be woken up suddenly in her sleep. Several younger wolves had learned that a few years back, in a similar situation as now. She had been traveling for a long time and had returned. The reason for this was a special herb was needed and she had been sent along with one guardian to get this plant. When she got back she was as tired as she was now, and some wolves thought it to be funny to scare her into waking up. She had, quite literally, chased them around as if she was going to decapitate them until they were as tired as she. It had, as one may guess, been a fun payback for Linnëa.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon February 13th 2012, 4:16 pm

You don't need to tell me about making things worse. I'm great at doing that,"

Cinnamon smiled slightly at the Scout's wry comment

"Cinnamon, Sometimes its best just to leave things be. In this case, that applies. Sometimes, others just want to suffer alone. But know that when they do want your help and comfort, they will want you to be there for them. And you should be..."Just give it time. Everything takes time,"

She nodded slowly, opening her mouth to speak when Adena spoke again

"Where is Spirit now?..Oh, there,...Cinnamon, just leave her be for the moment. Have patience ,"

The scholar sighed, "I never was very patient... It's just, I understand how she feels... I lost my mate, and my pups, before I joined this pack. And when I was alone I wanted someone with me to drive it away, someone who understood." She shook her head "I thought Spirit would need the same, apparently I thought wrong."
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel February 14th 2012, 12:53 pm

Phantom flattened his ears at Ice's words. "One i have not yet meet and never will... He will be dearly missed. Im sure he has changed the pack in many ways since he first started off." The scout's eyes darkened with sorrow. A low sigh sounded from him. "I never saw the old alpha pair that i meet when i was hanging around the old lands. I take it that they also joined the beta, Soran. Before i was accepted by the new alphas." The white brute chooked up the words as clearly as he could until coughs came from him. "Sorry... its just Fionna..." Phantom closed his eyes tightly as he remembered his first love. The image of her dead body came into his darkened vision.

"Oh Fionna! No! Please no... you cant leave me now.." The words of his past rang in his head as he looked down at her body.

A battle had broken out. Between the two tribes. Wolves were used to protect women and childern againest the on going warriors. He kept his ears flat againest his head as Fionna dashed off, leaping onto a warrior on horse back. The two leg screamed as she bite down on his shoulder. Fionna was a very brave wolf. Another warrior heard the battle cry of his falling comraid. He fired an arrow. The reddish fea fell to the ground. She yelped out in pain. Phantom tired to rush to her, but an arrow meet his shoulder blade. His only scar. Phantom watched in horror as more arrows claimed the life of his first love. They stuck out from her shoulders and back and two from her neck. Another in her head. In a grand total, there were tweleve arrows sticking out from her pelt. The white brute howled in agony. His bleeding flank didnt have a feeling. Nothing did. His heart was broken for the first time in his life. Fionna lay dead with her lips bared and teeth showing. Her tongue hung from her mouth. She died the way she wanted to go, protecting other. Not for him but the others more important in her life. The enemy tribe had taken the battle in victory. His tribe, was forced to leave. They did but with great consicense. The pale faces were taking over the lands and bringing sickness with them. The entire tribe that survied the combat, were lost to illness. Phantom was the last. He watched his second family cough their way into death. Winter and its coldness had not helped. The cheif elder had lost his life from a strange illness and frost bite. The white brute was still the last to die to the tribe.

"Im the last of the tribe now... The image of the fallen tribe still haunts me today" He muttered softly. "I watched my second family fall. One by one. Never to see them again until the day i join them in the great beyond." The great beyond was the night sky. Heavan to what the pale faces called it. Fionna now called the beyond home. Someday they would meet again. But not soon. He didnt wish to suffer a fate like Soran had. He wished to die in his sleep at a great age. An elder to the pack. With many memories. Teaching the young ones the old ways. He stopped in midthought, and stared at nothing only to see the blood stained grass where Fionna lay. The white brute sit with his ears down againest his head and eye lids pressed tightly together. He was only a about a yearling when he joined the tribe and Fionna. He befriened many natives, wolves, birds of prey, and even horses. But they were all just a flashback now. They rested where they were slayen in the plains. The great beyond was one of the many things he had learned while staying there. Suddenly the male jumped up with a thought, "Blessed Thistle!" The scholars of the tribe spoke of many herbs and he learned a few. Fionna was a scholar and she had taught him many herbs to use. "It helps the heart and lungs and increases circulation. I just dont know where to find it. Maybe a scholar knows..." He thought again and spoke quickly "Chamomile. It helps to relax the body. Ginger roots, used for coughings fits. Honey sooths throat." A entire book seemed to be pouring out of him. "Coltsfoot, eases breathing. And sorrel can be used for traveling..." He breathed in and coughs a few times. "If we find some of them, they could help my condition. I just dont know where to find them or what they look like. Maybe we can talk to a sage. Teh sorrel could be used to everyone."
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next