Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 30 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Guest July 12th 2011, 11:56 pm

Mahina quickly erased her drawing once she saw what she had aimlessly drew. She was forced backwards when Altair squirmed away from her, causing the female to loose her balance and fall on her rump. "Oh, now look what you did" She stood up, her rump and tail covered in dirt, the kind of dirt that didn't blend into her pelt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 12:02 am

"Oh, now look what you did"

"You deserved it." Altair teased with a retort. He quirked an eyebrow. "What was the drawing?"

He waited for her answer but was quickly sat on by another. Elysia's scent was easy to pick up as the fae panted. Her tongue was lolling out of her mouth and her eyes were bright.

"You dont quite look dead yet."

"Not yet." He grunted. Normally, he would have stood up to dislodge the weight on him but he didn't want to hurt the fae. "Where's Roo? She went looking for you."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 12:04 am

Mahina looked towards Altair. "Um... nothing, it was nothing." She was afraid to say what she had drawn, or what she had seen her drawing as. The female chuckled when Elysia made Altair her chair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 12:07 am

"Um... nothing, it was nothing."

Now both eyebrows were quirked. "Really? It's not like I'd tell anyone. Well, I'm not really in the position to. You can even whisper it if you want to!" He chuckled.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 12:10 am

Mahina let her ears drop. "Two wolves nuzzling each other." She shrugged. "It was really nothing, just my imagination having a mind of it's own." She smiled slightly. "Ely, is he now your chair? Cause I still need him for ear nomming purposes" She laughed, tail thumping against the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 12:15 am

Elysia perked her ears, looking in between Altair and Mahina. She grinned, leaning down to join their conversation from where she was perched on top of Altair. "If you whisper, I'll still hear it." She chuckled good naturedly, shifting to make herself comfortable pointedly on Altair. She knew her weight wouldnt bother him. She was tiny, easy to move. Her ears perked at mention of Taru. She looked around, catching faint scents of her friend. Her attention was distracted momentarily from Altair. She stood, hopping off of Altair and looking back to him, grinning once more.

"Dont you dare commence to dying, you hear me? It was too much work having to worry all the time." She winked at him, looking to Mahina. A look flashed in Elysia's eyes, but she quickly looked away. Without another word, she took off running into the woods in the direction of Taru's scent. She pushed Altair and Mahina from her mind, concentrating instead on finding Taru. Rune's words about being a matchmaker resurfaced in her mind. Elysia suddenly wasnt so sure she wanted to be Altair's matchmaker, especially if Mahina was first choice.

She pushed the thought away again, eventually coming upon Taru who was curled under a tree in the snow. She slowed her pace, creeping up on Taru. Her tail swished against the ground as she moved with careful paws. She came alongside Taru, carefully positioning herself beside her friend. Altair had been a good chair, but now Elysia wanted a mattress. She tensed her muscles, positioning herself carefully. When everything was perfect, she laid herself out on top of Taru - her back agianst Taru's back as she stretched her legs and batted her paws happily in the air.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 13th 2011, 12:23 am

Kira lay her head on her paws with a sigh. She tucked her tail neatly at her side as she began to warm up, and her gaze focused on the storm outside as white flecks whizzed by the den's entrance. Before long her eyes began to close slightly as sleep threatened to overcome her, the cold outside had drained her energy.

((lame but I don't want Kirly just sitting there staring XD At least she is falling asleep now Razz))
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 12:25 am

Akera opened her eyes to watch the wolves prod at each other playfully. The russet female's tail wagged a bit when Elysia trotted into the den and hopped on top of the male whose name seemed to be Altair. All the pack members seemed to be so close. Akera longed to someday be a part of that. 'I wonder if I'll ever be like them, joking around in the middle of a storm, enjoying each others company...'

It made her heart hurt to look at the scene. She shut her eyes tight again, lying in her corner of the den, trying to still her quivering. But even with her eyes shut, she saw memories of her brother. The homesickness hit her again, this time in waves. She was in a reverie, one she couldn't break out of, no matter how much she wanted to. She wanted to forget, but couldn't. So the female just watched herself and her brother behind her eyelids, reliving the moments in her past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 13th 2011, 12:31 am

Taru had been enjoying herself, curled up among the snow. When she felt the pressure of another body, she bolted upwards, only to find unable to. The weight of her best friend on top of her made her gasp suddenly. "You small, large, lard! Get off me," Taru laughed loudly, struggling crazily. She let out a few playful yelps. Even though the weight was great, the warmth was greatly appreciatted.

(sorry, lame)
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 12:32 am

"Two wolves nuzzling each other." She shrugged. "It was really nothing, just my imagination having a mind of it's own."

"You draw that a lot," Altair said softly. His pale eyes looked to where the original drawing had been. With all the time he spent in the den, he had looked at it. Stared at it. Memorized it.

"Ely, is he now your chair? Cause I still need him for ear nomming purposes"

"If that's the case, stay forever." He chuckled. "I like my ears free of Mahina's slober."

"If you whisper, I'll still hear it."

"Dont you dare commence to dying, you hear me? It was too much work having to worry all the time."

Altair had been about to reply to Elysia's words but the fae ran off. He guessed that she was going to look for her Rabbit Buddy but he had seen the look in her eyes. That troubled him deeply. Shrugging the thought away, he stretched out and his back rubbed against Kira's side. The pretty Betaess' breathing was slowing and that told him she was going to fall asleep.

"Sorry." He said to her nervously but he did not move. He was very comfortable.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 12:38 am

Elysia raised her head indignantly. Her lips pulled down into an annoyed frown, though she was only teasing. She spoke loudly, almost shouting for anyone to hear. "Lard?! Lard! You're the bucket of lard!" She rolled off of Taru, still protesting under her breath. "I'm no bucket of lard..." She settled into the snow beside Taru. She rested her chin on her paws. She glanced over at Taru's paws. For some reason, Taru's paws suddenly looked far more comfortable than her own. Elysia shifted in the snow.

With a pleased smile, she settled her chin on Taru's paws instead. She liked her friend's soft thick fur. She rolled her eyes upwards, looking to Taru. She was glad to see Taru again. For some reason, it felt like an eternity since they had spent time together. Her tail thumped the ground. Despite her best efforts, her mind wandered. Where exactly her thoughts wandered too, she didnt want to clarify. She cleard her throat slightly, she had had so much she wanted to talk to Taru about - but now nothing would come to her.

"It's snowing." Of all the things to say. Elysia looked at the sky. She particularily disliked snow and storms due to her small size. She shivered as if on cue, pressing against Taru for warmth. She wondered if Altair would be alright, considering he was still recovering from his illness. Mahina surfaced in her mind and Elysia pushed all thoughts of the pair from her mind. Taru was here, being Rabbit-y and Buddy-y. That was enough for Elysia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 12:47 am

Mahina walked over to Altair. Being careful not to disturb a sleeping Kira, she placed her paw on the ginger male's muzzle, her tail wagging slightly. "I hereby declare you the one who's ears taste yummy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 12:51 am

"I hereby declare you the one who's ears taste yummy."

"Thank you. This is such an honour," Altair whispered, his eyes showing his amusement. "I've always wanted this."

He reached up and his paw touched hers and he brushed her away. Pale amber eyes were on the fae as he let his tail thump on the ground once.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 13th 2011, 12:55 am

Taru felt her ears press back against her head as Elysia's voice rose. She was about to yell back in a fiery retort, when it seemed as though her friend doused the fire with her actions. As Elysia settled her head on Taru's own paws, a warm feeling overcame the small female. She layed her head on her friend's ears, flattening them gently. The female felt at ease with her best friend, finding solice in being beside her. It had been a long time since she had a friend like Ely. Her thoughts seemed to wander as well, grasping in different directions as emotions clashed. Letting out a sigh, pale yellow eyes began to trace the falling snowflakes.

"It's snowing."

The ebony female swallowed a laugh. This simple comment, how obvious it may be, was funny to Taru. Elysia had a way of doing that. She could make any simple, obvious thing, and prove it funny to Taru's listening ears. Her tail flicked in amusement. Thoughts regrouping, Taru seemed to re-listen to Elysia's comments from before. A fat lard? Perhaps she was just poking fun at Taru for being such a whale. But, Elysia was one too, so they were both fat lard whales. Payback....payback.... what would be a good way to get her back? An evil grin split apart her muzzle. Taru lifted her head from Elysia's, then drew her tongue from the back of her head all the way to between her friend's eyes. It was an epic, slobbery lick, that gave her rabbit buddy a nice, short mowhawk.

"Thats a great look for you," Taru explained, before resting her head on Elysia's back, as not to disturb the nice hair style on her head.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 13th 2011, 1:01 am

"Sorry." He said to her nervously but he did not move

"It's ok" she said, lifting her head slightly before laying it back down, only to lift it again as she heard Mahina speaking. A yawn escaped her muzzle before she blinked wearily. Her ears remained flat as a smile played along her features, if she was already up why try to sleep again?

(lame because I am rushing and tired XD)
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 1:02 am

Mahina placed her paw on the ground, letting it brush across the dirt. "It is an honor! You should be proud of yourself!" She smiled, her tail wagging slightly. She had just about done everything she could to the male except tackle him to the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 1:27 am

"It's ok"

Altair was relieved that Kira didn't mind. He stretched out his legs and let out a breath of relief.

"It is an honor! You should be proud of yourself!"

"I'm sure." He chuckled in reply. "And how many others recieved this honour?"
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 1:32 am

"So far only you." She tilted her head slightly. Mahina debated on whether or not she should tackle Altair or sit on him. She took the liberty to wait on Altair to either lay down or stay standing up to determine just what she would do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 1:50 am

"So far only you."

"Lucky me," Altair replied.

He noticed that Mahina was watching him. Waiting for him to do something? Something tugged at his mind and therefore his eyes looked out of the den. It was calling to him. No, rather his heart was. Slowly, he pried himself from Kira's warmth and stood up.

"Excuse me."

The brute left the den the second those words were out. Snow battered at him from both sides and he felt the winter bite into his skin. All the weight loss that happened to him left him feeble but his will drove him onwards. Even with all the snow, he could pick up the scent of Elysia and followed it. She would lead him to Taru.

Taru's image burned in Altair's mind as he raced through the snow. He had to know if she was okay. The promise he made to himself while resting in the den was fresh in his mind as he continued to run. The scent ended and he spotted both of the faes laying near each other. Sharing one another's warmth.

Smart, unlike you. You're shivering like a leaf. Altair padded down near the two but stopped short. Seeing Taru again caused his heart to lurch painfully in his chest. He wasn't sure if he could talk to her because he was nervous to the point of his heart picking a fast, heavy beat.

"Hey Roo." Her name drifted in the snow. Since he had spoken quietly, he wasn't sure if she heard him.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 13th 2011, 1:56 am

Taru was in the bliss of her friendship with Elysia when she heard her name. Her eyes were closed, so she was unable to see that Altair was in front of her. The call of her name made her feel uneasy. Was the wind saying her name? Were her ears villed by her own thoughts? She figured, just to make sure, she should peek out of one eye. Opening just a crack, the female was suprised to find Altair there. A warm smile spread apart her face and she lifted her head from Elysia's back. "Hey Latir," the female replied with a whispy breath, trying not to disturb Elysia's sleeping. She flicked her tail, motioning him to come join their group for warmth.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 2:05 am

"Hey Latir," the female replied with a whispy breath, trying not to disturb Elysia's sleeping.

Altair smiled at Taru's nickname for him. Never had he heard another address him with it so it seemed like a secret that only they shared. Her tail flicked, motioning for him to join her and Elysia but he felt slightly hesitant. He cleared his thoughts by shaking his head and walked slowly into the dip before laying alongside Taru. His ginger pelt was pressed against her but when he remembered that his ribs still stuck out of his body, he moved so there was a slight distance between them. Not much but there was a gap.

"Why did you really leave?" He asked as he thought of her leaving the den. "I saw a flicker of something in your eyes. You really scared me. I wasn't sure if I'd ever see you again."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 13th 2011, 2:12 am

Taru felt his ribs against her side, making a sudden uneasiness wash over her. It only magnified how bad his illness had been. She had been afraid of losing him, and had come close to accepting he might not be around for so long. When he moved away from her, the gap was enough to where she didn't feel the intensity of his condition. The ebony female was soothed by this small gap, even though it meant being farther from Altair. His questions rolled over her ears like hot ice, making an embarresed feeling rise in her chest. "It was simply too crowded in the den. I guess I'm just not used to that sort of thing," she replied, looking towards the brute. "You can't get rid of me that easy, Alt. I'm not going anywhere for a long time," she answered with a swift laugh before thinking of Elysia sleeping beneath her. "I guess that makes two of us who were scared. When you got sick, I thought...." Taru trailed off, wondering what she had thought, struggling with her words. "I wasn't sure if I'd ever see you again," the female used his words, figuring they were best.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 2:27 am

He walked into the den, shaking the snow off his coating into a little pile by the side of the entrance. As he moved into the den and made his way to the back. Where he curled up, using his fluffy coating to find more warmth then most others. His eyes closed and made him look like a white blob.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 2:29 am

"It was simply too crowded in the den. I guess I'm just not used to that sort of thing," she replied, looking towards the brute.

Altair nodded when she said her explanation. It was reasonable and he understood it completely. From what he had seen so far of her personality showed that she was a wolf who was fine in the company of a few but if there were too many around her, she would need to escape. He himself however, enjoyed to have many around him. It made him feel safe.

"You can't get rid of me that easy, Alt. I'm not going anywhere for a long time," she answered with a swift laugh before thinking of Elysia sleeping beneath her.

"You better not. I'd be lost without you." He said honestly. A laugh bubbled in his throat but he held it back as he remembered that Elysia was sleeping just under Taru.

"I guess that makes two of us who were scared. When you got sick, I thought...." Taru trailed off, wondering what she had thought, struggling with her words. "I wasn't sure if I'd ever see you again,"

"We'll have to do something about that." A moment passed before he spoke. "How about a pact?"
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 13th 2011, 2:35 am

"You better not. I'd be lost without you." He said honestly.

Taru smiled warmly, "As I without you," she replied in a soft voice. Her eyes kept watching him, figuring he had come out of the safety in the den and its warmth for a reason. His next offer suprised her.

"We'll have to do something about that." A moment passed before he spoke. "How about a pact?"

"A pact?' the idea struck Taru as odd. What would this pact be about? However odd it seemed, the idea made the female excited. She leaned closer to him, waiting for him to explain more of his idea. Her heart beat danced on different rythems, happiness coursing through her warm veins.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum