Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 31 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Skye July 13th 2011, 2:45 am

"As I without you," she replied in a soft voice.

The flash of warmth that flooded through him caught the brute off guard. He wasn't quite sure why but he liked it. A lot. For a moment, he allowed himself to reply those words in his head before he opened his pale eyes and looked at Taru.

"We should promise not to make the other worry like we did now." He began. "Rather, we could stick together and do most things together since we would be able to keep an eye on each other. What do you think?"
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 13th 2011, 2:51 am

"We should promise not to make the other worry like we did now." He began. "Rather, we could stick together and do most things together since we would be able to keep an eye on each other. What do you think?"

Taru felt her tail begin to move. She loved his idea, more than he probably knew. Altair had just said the perfect words. "I would love to stick with you. Keeping an eye on you might be difficult, but I think I can do it," she replied with a wide smile. Her lips twitched suddenly, wanting to add another question but still fairly shy. "So, what would you call this.... pair?" she asked, hoping that he was indeed asking what she thought he was. She wasn't positive, but Taru was pretty sure. Her ears just yearned for him to say it out loud.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 3:23 am

Akera looked up as she smelled a familiar scent. Insomnia had walked into the den and was lying down not far from her. She took a look at him. He seemed so peaceful. How could everyone be so calm when it was the coldest she has every felt! The light male looked to be an arctic wolf. She realized sitting in a tiny ball in the corner wasn't going to make her feel better. So, mustering up all the courage she had, she stood and walked the few steps to Insomnia. Looking down at him, she spoke through her chattering teeth. "I h-hate to bother you while you are all p-p-peaceful and such. But c-could I lie here? You seem to b-be warm and I don't make much b-body heat. So I w-wanted to know if I-I-I could steal some of-f yours?" If you could see her blush, she would have been. She had never stammered so much in her life. And Akera hated when other wolves saw how weak she was. And here she was, shaking like a leaf, with her new male friend seeing her in her fragile state. But she just needed warmth and soon. And his coat looked so fluffy.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 13th 2011, 4:05 am

Soran tucked his tail in closer to the warmth of his body as the wind outside the den began to subside. Despite that he and Spirit had seen it approaching at a fast rate, he hadn’t been prepared for the howling gale and bitter sting of the snow. His fur still held its damp surface even with the warmth of the pack around him. Perhaps taking position near the entrance to the den had not been the wisest choice in the first place.

Fluffing his damp pelt as much as he could, Soran began to unfold from his space, each limb straining from being in one position so long. His eyes scanning the den as he recognized those who had also taken shelter against the blizzard; Kira’s dark pelt, Spirit’s bright white one, Insomnia and Akera standing close, as well as a few other shapes. He jaws parted widely as a large yawn escaped his throat, reminding him that he had but a few hours of sleep.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 13th 2011, 4:16 am

Spirit tore her gaze from watching the blinding storm outside to look over her shoulder at Soran as he woke from his slumber. Her soft gaze flicked to the other members who resided within the den's warm surrounding. Looking back out at the storm Spirit sighed, watching as her breath turned into a translucent fog that the wind quickly carried away. The white she-wolf rose to her paws, her eyes locked on the snowy land before her. The cramped space of the den was putting her on edge and while she wanted to go outside she didn't want to freeze either. Grumbling to herself Spirit began to pace back and forth in front of the entrance, beginning to get frustrated with such inconvenient weather.

Finally letting her nerves get a hold of her Spirit walked outside the den, plopping down under a pine tree close by. It's low hanging branches offered protection from the snow and only slight from the wind. She fluffed up her fur, she was an arctic wolf after all; shouldn't she be okay in such temperatures?
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 5:56 am

Rune nodded his head and then watched as Elysia vanished from his sight. “I have a feeling she will be just like you one day Pallatsera.” Rune mumbled softly with a small smile parting his lips as he stood up and looked around. Snow had fallen recently and more seemed to be on its way. With a sigh, he pushed his way forward and headed for the den. As he continued his way, Rune kept a steady relaxed pace one that showed greatly in his posture and steps. He showed no signs of being a dominate leader and in fact the only way one would be able to tell he was the alpha of the Banishing Winds was if they were already a member of the pack or had been told by someone else.

As he approached the entrance to the winter, den Rune tried to pick out specific scents. However, there seemed to be too many for him to clearly make out any one person. Although he hoped, that Maiara was inside and would not be caught in the storm. As he ducked his head and stepped in Rune looked for an open spot and then took a seat beside a shaggy looking female he didn’t quite recognize.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 6:17 am

Rune looked for an open spot and then took a seat beside a shaggy looking female he didn’t quite recognize.

Looking to her side she saw a unfamiliar male sitting next to her. Soske loved making new friends and this was a great opportunity! Hello, I am Soske. I am very new to the pack so I probably look like a complete stranger to you. Soske also continued on to say I am a scholar to the pack and ask the male what his ranking was. When the male looked down to see she was talking to him Soske took a mental note on his eyes. They were a dark golden color and Soske loved that color. If she could have any colored eyes it be the color of this males.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 6:36 am

Rune's ears perked as words flowed through both of them and then left. For a moment he remained silent, but then he smiled and nodded his head in a small greeting. "That could be why I do not recognize you, but I'm sure we will get to know each other more the longer you are in this pack." Rune said as he looked around for his sandy colored Maiara. Although he soon turned his attention back to the one who had called herself Soske. She had asked something about his rank and with an idea freshly placed within his head Rune grinned. "Oh, I'm uh...a hunter for the pack. Although, I'm not all that good at my job." Rune added as he let out a small chuckle in response to his words. If they had never met before she wouldn't realize he was actually the alpha male of the pack right?
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 31 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 6:47 am

A hunter's job is a hard job so she respected him for it. She could never be a hunter. Soske just though his laughing was because he was actually really good at his job and not bad like he said he was. He smelled so much of the pack. He must have been a hunter for the pack for a very long time How long have you been in this pack uhhh..... I am pretty sure the male forgot to say his name. What was your name?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 6:58 am

Rune tilted his head sideways as Soske asked another question which was then followed by asking for his name. This was the part he needed to be careful around. Saying his name was Rune could end his fun, but then again what other name could he use? "Oh, I've been here from the very beginning right along side the alpha who founded this pack. As for my name I am...Ru-Runner..." Rune replied as he shook his head. 'Runner? Really that was the best you could come up with Rune?' he commented silently within his mind.

(I was so close to pretending to be Soran. XD)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 7:09 am

Nice to meet your Runner! Soske giggled a little because Runner fit in with him being a hunter. You must know almost everyone here because you have been here for so long! Soske was jealous of that. She wish she knew more about the pack ins and outs. Hopefully being friends with Runner will allow her to be more in with the pack. Soske wondered who Runners friends were. Maybe he was friends with Maiara. Soske though it would be very cool if she could be friends with one of the Alphas. Maybe she could meet the guy alpha at one point in time. Soske though he should be heading in soon with the storm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 7:16 am

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well Soske, and I hope you enjoy your time here with the pack." Rune said as he shifted his feet and brought his tail in closer to his body. "I know a lot of them yes...except for the newer ones..I've had other things that needed my attention so I'm a bit behind. Of course I will meet them eventually I mean you can't go all that long without meeting the Alp-" He paused as he adverted his eyes from Soske and looked else where. Perhaps she would notice that he almost gave away his real status amongst the pack.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 7:26 am

You mean meeting the hunter? Soske was a little confused. Was Runner actually the Alpha to the pack? Maybe thats why he sat down next to me, he would have to meet the new comer! Soske was confused but she decided to sit up a little higher and put on her best grin if this actually was the Alpha. I though the Alphas were mates so maybe Maiara would give it away by walking over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 7:32 am

"That is exactly what I meant...you see not only do I suck at my job..I also forget it sometimes." Rune replied as he looked at the female once more. She had straightened up and began to grin more a little puzzled Rune guessed she had figured it out. Although if she had she said nothing about it or his game.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 7:46 am

Watching Runner speak with a little trouble led Soske to believe that maybe he was not just a hunter but maybe the Alpha. Well if he was the Alpha Soske would really like him because he was not like a typical Alpha. What other Alpha would joke around and say they were a hunter. Soske though of a plan. Soske smiled a little more and said Runner while you have been a hunter for so long you must be used to hunting in storms. Maybe we could go out and you could show me some tips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 7:53 am

"Ah, but why would a scholar need to know how to hunt in a snow storm?" Rune questioned as he thought of the many ways he could injure himself if he actually hunted in a storm of any kind. Perhaps his game had gone on for to long and it would be best to wrap it up soon?
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 8:00 am

Runner has got her there. Why would a scholar need to hunt at all but especially in a snow storm. Also if he was not a hunter and the Alpha we would not want him getting to hurt now would we. So Soske smiled back at him and admitted that he was right and that it wouldn't be the best idea. Soske was waiting for him to say he was actually the Alpha but it never came. Maybe if she hinted towards her knowing he was say it. Soske smiling at Runner said "So what is the Alpha male's name anyway?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 8:05 am

Rune grinned once more as he heard ask her question. "Oh, I think it is Larry...although I am terrible at remembering names..you see I am terrible at a lot of things now days." He went on although he had meant to end his game before Rune just couldn't as with each passing moment he grew more amused.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 8:16 am

He said Larry with such ease maybe he was not lying about it. "You are not terrible! Your helping a new comer become part of the pack." Having Runner help her so much she could not view him as terrible! She hoped that Runner could become friends as time let them. Maybe Runner could help her hunt when the storm clears out. Soske has not ate in a really long time so maybe Runner will help. "Runner seeing that your a hunter, after the storm would you help me catch some food?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 13th 2011, 8:28 am

"Runner seeing that your a hunter, after the storm would you help me catch some food?"

Rune was about to continue on with his act, but then he paused. Something about this request made him frown and he knew he could no longer continue. "Actually, I'm not a hunter and my name is not Runner. It is Rune and Larry is not the name of the Alpha of this pack because that happens to be me and so yeah..." Rune explained as he looked down towards his feet and began hoping the female didn't hold a grudge against him for using her in his game. "I'm not the best hunter and in fact I wasn't lying when I said I wasn't very good. I would make a terrible hunter, but since you asked and since I used you for my entertainment we can go hunting later or something." He added in finishing up his explanation and as he tried to make amends for his trickery.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 8:40 am

She looked up at Rune and began to laugh. Soske would not hold any grudge against him and found this really funny. I cant wait to be in this pack now because we have the coolest Alpha ever. Soske could not stop laughing at how gullible she was. She still might take his offer up with the whole hunting thing because she would find it pretty entertaining to watch him try. Soske stomach started to hurt from laughing and saw him looking down at his feet so she laid down and looked up at him smiling to show she was okay with him tricking her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 9:55 am

Elysia, in fact, was not asleep. However, now was definately not a good time to make that fact clear. She tried to keep her breathing even. Honestly, she felt quite awkward. Taru and Altair were having their heart to heart conversation and if Elysia was correct, a love declaration was on it's way. Elysia's ears flicked slightly. Taru had slobbered on them, something Elysia did not quite enjoy. She would have wreaked her revenge, but again she had to be respectful of their mushy moment.

Honestly, it wasnt just being an intruder on the moment that made Elysia uncomfortable. She had left Altair and Mahina to escape the moment she thought was coming. She had sought solace in Taru. Now the moment followed her, but not the way she would have wished. She was stuck, waiting for her best friend and her...what was Altair to her? Elysia wasn't sure if she could pin it down exactly. She kept her eyes shut, though her ears strained for some sort of reply from Altair.

Taru had asked and now came the moment of truth. Elysia was dying and she couldnt even move. Rune's words floated back to her. Maybe she was doing as Pallatsera had done, matchmaking. In a way, she was helping push them together by pretending to sleep. She had to admit, even with Taru, she was reluctant to be Altair's matchmaker. She pushed the thought from her mind. Anything was worth Taru's happiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 11:38 am

Mahina turned around as Altair left the den. Her ears hung low, her tail hanging limp. There she went again, throwing her fragile heart into someone's paws, only hoping they would be the one to help her back on her feet. Why she did it she didn't know. All she was seeking was a momentary fix. If her hopes didn't work out the way she didn't want them to, would she just run away from it again? Just forget everything, all the history she had with the pack, and pretend it never happened? Perhaps she would. If there was really something out there, perhaps it wasn't in this pack, perhaps it never would be in this pack. On shaky legs, the female stood up and padded to the back of the den and lay next to Silver, watching the den entrance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2011, 11:42 am

He uncurled his body slightly and was now laid outstretched. Patting the ground beside him with his eyes still closed. Insomnia didn't mind sharing his body heat with friends, and by the way her teeth were chattering. It sounded like she really needed it. Quickly opening one of his eyes to see her shaking, and took pity on her instantly. 'It must be horrid to have a thin coat in this weather.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 13th 2011, 11:44 am

Silver rolled onto her back, laying in an amusing position with her feet in the air and her head laying flat behind her. Her Neck and back were a perfect line with her tail curling side to side, and she rolled to face away from Falco, smacking an unsuspecting Mahina that had laid next to her. She had not noticed yet, too busy fooling around with Falco.

"Whoops! Sorry Mahina!" Silver said, grinning in spite of herself.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum