Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den Empty The Winter Den

Post by Rune June 11th 2011, 6:24 pm

The Winter Den Tres-1

-Until I can think of a season description...this will remain blank, but you do get a picture so yay! XD-

Last edited by Rune on June 11th 2011, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

The Winter Den Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Spirit June 11th 2011, 6:46 pm

[[ Oh wow how to start... XD And I can't see the picture so I hope my description is okay D= ]]

Snow lay spread across the ground, as if it were a blanket trying to keep the soil beneath it warm from the environments freezing temperature. The small white flakes came down from the soft grey clouds above, covering everything in their wake. Icicles hung off shrubs and the bare limbs of trees were covered in ice, creating a seemingly beautiful scene for the wolves to gaze their eyes upon.

Underneath a snow covered pine, Spirit sat; her tail neatly wrapped around her paws to keep them warm. Her white pelt melted in with the snow around her; it was as if she was just a part of the environment - something one could easily pass up if not looking carefully. The only thing that helped to distinguish her were her grey ears and tail, along with her bright blue eyes. The white she-wolf scanned the clearing, taking in the scene with her two orbs.

She enjoyed winter, as she always had. Not only because she felt more at home with things, though that was a plus. Hunting for her was at it's best and her stealth was at its peak. But that wasn't why she loved winter so much, still. It was the beauty of the season. The cold temperatures and scarce prey, while seemingly negative to the season always brought the pack together - something she loved. Winter, to her, was always a bonding time for a pack. With all the new members they had received the past autumn, it seemed like it would be the perfect time for pack bonding to take place. Spirit scanned the clearing, looking for one of her fellow pack members amid the winter weather.

Last edited by Spirit on June 11th 2011, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana June 11th 2011, 7:39 pm

(I can't see the picture either, but I hope this is okay!)

The sky was covered with heavy, yellow tinged clouds. With the disappearance of the bright blue world above and the warmth of the sun, came the flakes of frozen water. Already, the ground that had previously been teeming with greenery was now gone in a thick blanket of the snow. To many, the snow was white but to Kanae it was a beautiful world of silver. Everything sparkled whenever the sun broke through the cloud cover, but it wasn't very often, not anymore. For many days now, the snow fell without any breaks. It was truly winter.

Kanae stood underneath a large pine tree, her white coat making her invisible. If she were to close her chocolate brown pools, no one would know where she was. However, her eyes were on Ninja now. The two talked a lot as of late; he was her closest friend. Elysia was a friend of hers too, but she still did not know the fae's story. Maybe Elysia did not consider Kanae a friend, but she did not know what the she-wolf thought.

Breathing out deeply, she watched her breath billow out before her and disappear competely towards the eternal reaches of the sky. Her dark brown orbs mist over for a moment as she thinks of the winter she once spent with Dagger when he was alive.

The pitch-black pelt of her former mate had always given away his position when they hunted; Kanae had been in charge of the initial attack on prey. After an unsuccessful hunt, Kanae had hid in a snow bank, her pure white coat not giving away her position. She wanted to relax Dagger because he had grown angry at his mistake. He had launched himself too early at the young deer they had tracked for three days, that's why he had been so furious at himself. When Kanae had vanished, Dagger grew worried; his mind was off of the hunt. She showed herself after a little while when he passed the snow bank. She had leaped at him and they played around in the snow for a while.

Kanae shook her head. She would not let herself be held back any longer. Dagger would not have wanted that. Therefore, she went back to watching Ninja, a warm look in her eyes.

Last edited by Kanae on June 11th 2011, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 11th 2011, 7:44 pm

((Rune... I can make a description for yous... xD

Also, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm gonna take it you want me to pretend Rune accepted Mina back into the pack, so you don't have to go through the hassle of dealing with Mina the Superficial Razz ))

The sky, grey and dull hung over the world. The air was chilly with a sharp bite to it, enough to bring anyone to their knees. The soil underpaw hid itself from the eye, like a mouse hiding from a snake. The once brown hares had turned white, and they were like ghostly figures, moving atop the deep snow like it was solid ground. Elk struggled through the snow, bellowing each time they lost sight of their friends. Calf's born that year played many winter games, disturbing the adults. In the forest, the only birds that remained were the ravens. Their black beady eyes and dark foliage were the work of the devil, or so said some. Others said a raven was Satan's bounty hunters, a guardian to life, by capturing escaped souls and sending them back to where they belonged.

Mahina watched the grey sky. She imagined blue skies and a bright yellow sun, with wispy white clouds slowly making their way from some other sky. She imagined a cool summer breeze ruffling her fur, and the shade of a tree hanging over her. She imagined her friend hopping next to her, pecking at the ground as he searched for insects, but keeping an eye out for her. He would not let anyone that bothered his wolfess near her. The pair would never again be separated by anything but the snows of winter. No, that little bird was not letting his Mahina go anywhere without him. It was not going to happen.

Now, with the blue bird south for winter, Mahina was left in the snow. In the cold bitter wind, while other dogs were cozy in the dens of the humans. Not the life for her, not after all she had been through. No, not again.

Somewhere far beyond where she was now, buried under dirt and snow, lay the last bit of her old life. Her collar, forever concealed by the earth she had disturbed the get rid of it. Where she let it go, let it all go. She was still Mahina, yet she wasn't at the same time. Same wolf, new start.

With slow, content movements, Mahina pulled herself to her paws. She looked towards the fog covered mountains, until they were concealed from site by the steam coming from her breath. Her hazel eyes vanished from sight as she closed her eyes. A strange sense of sweet serenity washed over her, but there was only one answer that she could utter. She was home, and though it may have changed, it was all as it should be, as if she was back at the beginning, the very beginning.

Something caught her eye. Under a snowy pine tree she spotted Spirit. A smile flashed on her features, and the female trotted over. She sat in front of Spirit, smiling. "Hello Spirit!" She said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit June 11th 2011, 8:02 pm

A smile flashed on her features, and the female trotted over. She sat in front of Spirit, smiling. "Hello Spirit!" She said.

Spirit perked up as she heard her name being called. Her blue gaze caught hold of Mahina who sat down in front of her, a smile on her features. Spirit grinned at the sight of the female, dipping her head slightly in greeting. "Hello Mahina, it's nice to see you." The white she-wolf shifted slightly, moving her tail away from her paws as it glided over the snow behind her.

Through all of the commotion Spirit had never really gotten the chance to sit down and talk with any of the newer members, one of them being Mahina. Spirit had talked to her once before but only briefly; perhaps this would be her chance. "I adore the winter season... Despite the freezing cold the land... it's just mesmerizing." Her blue gaze flitted to the trees and plants around them briefly before turning back to Mahina once more.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune June 11th 2011, 8:13 pm

(There is the picture fixed now? Also, if you wanted to make a description then that would be awesome Mina. Yes, you can just pretend he accepted you. Although, he still is not thrilled that you had left. ^-^)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 11th 2011, 8:20 pm

"I adore the winter season... Despite the freezing cold the land... it's just mesmerizing."

Mahina nodded in sweet agreement. Winter was so beautiful, yet so dangerous all the same. It was a strange way of nature. "It sure is a true phenomenon, I'll give it that." Mahina looked at the snow around her and Spirit, she couldn't wait to see it glistening in the sun. The female's tail bat the snow, it's sound muffled.

Mahina grabbed a mouthful of snow. It satisfied her thirst greatly. "Why has the snow always taste better here?" She chuckled. A whole year of knowing the pack, being in it, leaving, and here again, she had never commented on the taste of the snow. Maybe she just now noticed this? No one would ever know.

ooc. Ok Rune! ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 11th 2011, 8:26 pm

Shadow woke up under a snow-laden pine tree. The sky was gray. The air was still and cold. The sun's warmth was absent. Shadow got up and stretched. She yawned and looked around for her ppackmates. She saw Spirit and Mahina talking to eachother and decided not to bother them. She trotted over to the den and sat down, watching snowflakes fall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver June 11th 2011, 8:34 pm

A snow white, near camouflaged fae thundered through the snow, her ears flicking in the cold, snow flaked wind. Yips of joy slowly translated into words, as well as short and high howls of happiness. It seemed almost impossible, how she leapt through the snow so quickly and naturally.

"Snow! Winter! Yes! Finally!" She hollered into the breeze, leaving a mess of dips in the snow behind her. Plundering into the den site, she let herself go limp and flipped a few times, tumbling and making snow fly all over her friends and pack-family. Her head then popped out, nose covered and green eyes flickering, laughing joyfully.

She howled, singing her song of happiness into the cold winter air.

Last edited by Silver Moonlight on June 11th 2011, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 11th 2011, 8:38 pm

Shadow lept into the snow-rain and ran a few circles around Silver. She stopped and howled. Her gold eyes sparkled with joy. She was glad winter had begun, she loved winter and snow.
(short but sweet. XXD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver June 11th 2011, 8:57 pm

Silver whirled around as shadow jumped around her, then leapt over her and tackled Mahina playfully. She was so small, however, that she wasn't much weight to knock one over with.

"Incoming!" She laughed, mid jump.

Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana June 11th 2011, 8:58 pm

Kanae started as a large clump of snow fell upon her muzzle. Shaking her small head, she shivered. For some odd reason, she had a bad feeling about being under the pine tree. Creaking sounds came from above; she began to move away. She only got a few pawsteps before a large mound of snow came tumbling down from the branches of the tree.

She yelped loudly before being swallowed up by the heavy snow.

Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver June 11th 2011, 9:01 pm

Silver turned and skidded to a stop parallel to Mahina as she heard a loud yelp, and a newer member she had not met was swallowed by the snow from a tree. She trotted over quickly, and dug enough until she exposed the female's muzzle, and slowly uncovered her. She tried not to grin, this had happened to her many times before.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana June 11th 2011, 9:07 pm

Kanae coughed, her breathing was heavy gasps. The snow's weight had hurt her spine, but she knew there were no breaks it was just bruised. Once she stood, Kanae heaved a few times before her stomach relaxed. Chocolate orbs were wide as they looked at the other fae before her.

"Thanks," Kanae gasped, her limbs shaking slightly. "That was really scary."
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver June 11th 2011, 9:12 pm

Silver's grin subsided, and she stared at the female with concern. A scout, she could tell. Her ears flicked, disposing themselves of some stray snow. She shuffled her feet, contemplating whether the female needed care.

"No problem, I'm Silver Moonlight; You can call me Silver; I'm Master Scholar. I don't beleive we've met yet, but that's quite bsides the current point. Are you hurt?"
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana June 11th 2011, 9:16 pm

"I'm Archangel," Kanae replied. She shook her head. "Nevermind, you can call me Kanae."

She dipped her head towards the other fae and quickly scanned her body. Other than the bruised spine and the shock, she was fine. Though, she would need help to find herbs to treat the shock lest she go into complete shock and her body shuts down.

"I have a bruised spine, but that will heal on its own," Kanae said. "Do you think you could help me find some thyme? It'll help treat the shock. I'd rather not have your efforts of saving my life go to waste. You can find it in small caverns where it can hold on for a while before the cold temperatures get it."
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 11th 2011, 9:42 pm

Ninja ran through the thick and heavy snow to find his other pack mates. He adored it. He stopped and looked for some familar faces. The first one he saw was Kanaes. He ran and sorta hopped through the snow. "Hey." he said, out of breath. He plopped down in the snow and rolled onto his back and stared into the grey sky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana June 11th 2011, 9:46 pm

"Hi," Kanae replied warmly.

Slowly, the battered she-wolf lowered herself to the ground. She winced when her haunches made contact with the snow covered ground.

The bruising starts below my shoulder blades to the small of my back, Kanae thought as she tried to get comfortable on a snow drift.
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver June 11th 2011, 9:48 pm

Silver nodded, she knew of the herb and it's exact whereabouts' a cave near that she had stocked with an entire winter's supply of preserved herbs. Her legs tensed, and she turned as if in slow motion, flicking her tail in goodbye and then flitting into the trees.

She loped on from there, coming closer to the cave she had her things in. Then, her stomach churned. It was frozen over with snow. She built up speed, and jumped, slamming into it with all the force she could muster, and a loud crack sounded and echoed through the forest.

Silver then trotted out contentedly with the herb dangling from her mouth.
(Haha! The crack wasn't her! xD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 11th 2011, 9:48 pm

Ninja rose up to the snow. He shook off all the wet snow and sighed.
He sat down and the cold wind blew through his thick coat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana June 11th 2011, 9:56 pm

Kanae wagged her tail when Silver returned. She had heard the crack and thought for a moment that maybe ice had cracked, or even that something horrible happened to the fae.

"Thanks, Silver," she turned her attention to Ninja when she heard him sigh. "Something wrong?"
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 11th 2011, 10:06 pm

The brutes ears perked. "Nah, I'm fine. Just tired from playing in this snow too much." his face put on a smile, but it didn't last long.

(Barf, lame XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana June 11th 2011, 10:15 pm

Kanae nodded and smiled back. But it dimmed the second that Ninja's did. She wished that she could take back the words that she said, but it was too late. Even now, she knew that she loved Dagger and didn't want to betray him but her heart ached when she noticed that Ninja seemed to be closing himself off to her. She wanted to lay by him, her fur brushing his without the jet-black pelt of Dagger dancing in her mind.

(Lameness! Dx)
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran June 11th 2011, 11:41 pm

Soran crossed through the heavy snow, his paws dragging in the white powder with each step he took. His body felt weighed down, though he couldn’t think of an immediate reason why. Raising his head, he was blinded for a moment by the relentless blanket of white that coated everything. Here and there, the dark pelts of the few who had arrived earlier dotted the territory; though he couldn’t make out just who it was.

Crossing the snow covered grass, he took cover under the dark green pine; the scent of the forest felt old and unfamiliar. He sat in a tight hollow where the flakes hadn’t yet touched the surface of the ground. Wrapping his tail around his paws, he fluffed up his dark brown fur against a brisk winter chill that had blown in, feeling exposed against the harsh conditions that permitted the territory.

Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira June 11th 2011, 11:53 pm

Kira padded under a nearby tree and lay down, with a content sigh. She spread her paw pads apart, smiling as the cold snow touched it. "Winter at last" she mumbled to herself softly, her tail sweeping across the ground and creating a pile on both sides.

((lame DX Sorry I haven't been posting more guys, just had nothing to post for a while))
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum