Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 35 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Guest July 14th 2011, 10:43 pm

Elysia wasnt sure when she fell asleep, but into the oblivion her mind went. As she slept, heat and feeling slowly returned to her body. Her exhausted body was replenished, a spark returning to her amber gaze. She was only awoken by Taru's soft words. Her eyelids fluttered open as she raised her head. She was still slightly weak, but in no danger. She yawned loudly, blinking as she looked around. Silver seemed to have crashed into the den from no where and was playing with Kira. Altair was standing near Mahina with concern. Elysia looked away.

She remembered him curling beside Kira the night before. This male was certainly a player. He didnt make anything clear, flitting from Kira to Taru to Mahina and back again. Perhaps he would never make a decision, he would just keep all Elysia's friends on strings - yanking them around whenever he pleased. Elysia loooked with concern to Taru. Taru had been a friend to her, the best of friends. She had saved Elysia's life! Elysia didnt want to see her friend's heart broken. Elysia nudged Taru's head with her muzzle gently, a smile splitting her lips.

"Want to stretch our legs?" It was an excuse, if a somewhat pathetic one. Elysia would like to talk to Taru - not only about Altair. She wanted to thank Taru, but personally. She wasnt sure what she would say, and knew she would never repay her gratitude and debt to Taru. Plus, it might be good for both of them to get out of the den and stretch their legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 14th 2011, 10:46 pm

"Agh!"

Oh no . . . The thought crossed Altair's mind a second before he was blind sided by someone. A flash of white fur and the scent of various herbs told him it was Silver before all thought abandoned him and he was rolling on the ground. Pain seared when he hit his head on the hard stone of the den. His vision swam for a few seconds before he shook his head to clear it.

"Ouch." Was his only reply as he sat up again. He sent a mock glare at Silver.

"Erm, Sorry, Altair." She mumbled, trying not to grin at her stupidity.

"You better be sorry, buddy. Or I'd have your hide." He teased as he batted the scholar's ear playfully. "Klutz."

"Way to scare me to death" she laughed, swatting at Silver playfully.

Altair looked at Kira in mock horror. "Scare you to death? How about me? I just got attacked by this huge blob that is Silver."

"You tell me, I can't seem to stand up."

"Well if the world stopped spinning and my head stopped pounding, I'd help you." He said as he shook his head again. "What seems to be the problem? I heard you yelp so you much have an idea of where the pain is coming from."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 14th 2011, 11:01 pm

Altair looked at Kira in mock horror. "Scare you to death? How about me? I just got attacked by this huge blob that is Silver."

"Eh, waking up to one of your friends yelping isn't the best thing. Especially when your the Beta" she laughed. Her gaze flitted to Mahina as she heard her saying she couldn't get up. She cringed at the female's words and she stood there staring, as if she expected the words to be a lie, although of course they weren't. She listened as Altair asked her questions that she would normally had asked, her ears perked to be sure she picked up every word. There was no reason to ask questions over again, right?
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 14th 2011, 11:17 pm

"Well if the world stopped spinning and my head stopped pounding, I'd help you." He said as he shook his head again. "What seems to be the problem? I heard you yelp so you much have an idea of where the pain is coming from."

"The snow numbed my flank last night." She looked at her paws. "Might be a slight case of frostbite." Upon lifting a back foot to look at it she confirmed her theory. It wasn't bad frostbite, but it was bad enough to ensure she wouldn't be standing for a few hours at least. A disappointing look came across her face as she looked back to Altair. "Looks like I'm going to be stuck in here for a few hours."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2011, 2:12 am

The laughter from both has stopped, maybe there wasn't anything to laugh at after she had batted his muzzle with her nose. Or because they just seemed to be staring at one another, he would have no clue. But no matter what the reason, it was gone. Although a look of holding in laughter was on her face, she hadn't laughed yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2011, 2:30 am

Akera looked to her underside as it growled rudely again. The female tried to think of the last time she had ate, but could not recall. Perhaps it was time for a small hunt. Enjoying the company of other wolves and her newfound friend, she did not want to go off on her own, especially without knowing the territory. So she spoke to the male, "Would you care to go on a hunt for a snack? It turns out my stomach is quite impatient and is rather angry at me right now for neglecting it." She smiled widely as she talked about her belly as if a person. She looked inquisitively at the light male, wondering if he would be willing to go with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 15th 2011, 3:46 am

A low yawn escaped Taru's sore jaws. Her ears went back against her head at the sight of Silver, plowing over Altair. She let out a muffled laugh, trying not to be obvious about finding it funny. Pale yellow eyes holding a guilty look, Taru shifted her gaze. It fell on Altair almost automatically. Smile pulling at her lips, the female tried to not look so happy. This proved a difficult task. Feelings could not be helped, Altair simply made her want to smile. Her attention shifted as Elysia poked her in the head with a gentle nudge.

"Want to stretch our legs?"

The thought was reasonable. She nodded, rising akwardly to her still sleeping legs. Taru wagged her tail, showing she was glad that her friend was up for it. A scab had formed over her chin, something she hadn't noticed till she had stood up. Her eyes were almost crossed as she tried to look at it. No success in that idea. Instead, her pink tongue swept over its salty, rough surface. Yup, an ugly scab was definetly on her chin, formed where there had once been a cut. It made Taru cringe. Disregarding the thought, the female walked gingerly out into the open. Her injured paw throbbed slightly with a ghostly pain, inhanced by the fierce cold of the snow. Outside, she waited for her best friend.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 15th 2011, 9:10 am

Silver couldn't help but grin, trying hard not to laugh once again. Her pale green eyes shone, making her guilty of finding the incident immensely amusing. Not to mention quite fun! She placed he front paws on the ground, pushing herself up into a sitting position and looking from Mahina, to Taru, to Kira, and then Altair. Her tail began to swish to and fro, as she stood fully and stretched properly before sitting back down.

"Well, erm, you know, I didn't mean to but it is rather fun to go for a little flying lesson now and then. " Silver said, she could not help but beam slightly at the thought. Her small form had gone quite a ways! "And I'm not that big, Altair, being the little arctic wolf I am. You better watch out if I have to watch out, because I blend in snow better than you! Mwahaha!" She laughed, letting out a fake evil laugh at the end of her speech.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 15th 2011, 9:26 am

Falco's ears twitched hearing Silver talking with Altair. He was a light sleeper and it didn't take much for him to wake up. His eyes slowly opened and he uncurled himself, looking to Silver he gave a wide and tired yawn, as he stretched his long front legs out in front of him. As he did, he straightened his body out and pulled himself along the ground, closer to Silver. She was like a security blanket for him. Though he didn't need much protecting, he just needed her to be there, near him. He looked to Silver with a slightly dazed, blank expression over his tinted grey face. He gave a small smile, then looked up to Altair and gave him a smile too. He shook his head lightly, ruffling the fur on his neck, continuing to lay next to Silver.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2011, 2:05 pm

Silently Mahina extended a fore paw. With Silver having her back towards her, her plan was more than perfect. She cupped her paw and swiped Silver's ear, hoping to distract her while she threw both forelegs around her friends neck. "Fluffy Silver is fluffy" she commented, letting go of her friend and sitting back down, a playful smile playing along her features.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 15th 2011, 3:20 pm

"Eh, waking up to one of your friends yelping isn't the best thing. Especially when your the Beta" she laughed.

"I guess you're right," Altair said as he feigned reluctance.

"Looks like I'm going to be stuck in here for a few hours."

"Well, if everyone leaves I could stay here if you'd like." He offered as he stretched his leg. A cramp had formed in it and therefore he felt the need to get rid of it. "I can eat later."

"Well, erm, you know, I didn't mean to but it is rather fun to go for a little flying lesson now and then. " Silver said, she could not help but beam slightly at the thought. Her small form had gone quite a ways! "And I'm not that big, Altair, being the little arctic wolf I am. You better watch out if I have to watch out, because I blend in snow better than you! Mwahaha!"

Altair was not sure how to reply until he noticed that Falco came and lay beside his mate. The brute had sent him a smile and Altair returned it. He hoped that later, he could become friends with the hunter.

"Hey Falco, if your mate starts coming after me, I'm just going to warn you now that I'll throw you at her." He chuckled. The ginger-and-white brute was strong but definitely not strong enough to heave Falco around, let alone carry him like he could Taru.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2011, 3:25 pm

Mahina raised a paw. "And to make up for holding you captive in here, I'll be sure to find you a chubby hare." She chuckled, imagining a fat hare. It wasn't hard, for she imagined a ball of white fur that could only roll places. The female wondered if hares ever got that big, and if they did, would a wolf be lucky enough to have first dibs on one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 15th 2011, 3:38 pm

"And to make up for holding you captive in here, I'll be sure to find you a chubby hare."

Altair imagined a juicy hare in front of his paws. The brute always had a soft spot for them. They were his favourite things to eat. "I love myself a good bunny rabit."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2011, 10:24 pm

<P>Elysia pulled herself to her paws, her legs shaking slightly. Her muscles protested, but she knew getting up and moving around was best for them. She stretched, reaching her paws out and gently scraping the floor of the den. Her ears twitched as she casually listened to the conversation between Altair, Mahina, Silver, Kira and Falco. They seemed to be havinga regular party. Elysia's tail wagged back and forth as she tossed her head towards Taru. Perhaps their walk could wait until after they joined the party. </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Elysia watched the group. She had always found Falco and Silver to be a cute couple, not as cute as Rune and Maiara - but still pretty adorable. They were that quiet kind of cute. Elysia felt happy just looking at them, so subtle. She looked to Kira and Mahina. They had their concentration on Altair. Altair was splitting his concentration between them all. Elysia's lips twitched into regret. Perhaps she had been wrong to so quickly judge Altair as a player. Perhaps he was just considerate. Elysia had been frustrated at being unable to read him, and had taken her frustration - if mentally - out on her own opinion of Altair.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Well now was the time to make up for it. Elysia padded, taking a seat at Altair's side. She grinned around at the group of wolves, her ears twitching as she joked. "Did I miss something exciting?" Her tail lightly thumped the ground as she looked over her shoulder for Taru. She didn't want to go anywhere without her Rabbit Buddy at her side.</P>

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 15th 2011, 10:30 pm

"Oh, no, not much, other than Altair becoming a live speed bump and road block all in one. " Silver laughed, her eyes continuing to shine like they did when she was enjoying herself. She leaned sideways, slightly onto Falco, yawning as she did so. She was tired, though yearning for a walk. She then stood, and without another word walked out of the den, heading out into the snow. She simply walked, weaving through trees. Soon enough, she came upon the river, and she walked along it, before coming across a large and rather familiar rock. She hopped atop it, it held no scent from a year ago. Though the memories of last winter were hot and fresh, like a newly opened cut. She pinned her ears, trying to block them.

That time doesn't matter. It's now, not then, so quit basking in those memories. It is over. She thought, though by her expression and poise she was still troubled slightly. She watched the light snow sprinkle the ground and the frozen river yards away, her ears still back.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 35 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 15th 2011, 10:59 pm

Taru sat down outside the den, looking in at Elysia. She whined softly, thumping her tail as her friend sat down besides Altair. The ebony female tried to hide her dissapointment. Needing to apologize to her rabbit buddy still, Taru felt it was a conversation best for a walk, no? Her chin throbbed slightly, heart beginning to race as she realized what she was apologizing for. The female wasn't there when Elysia needed her most, leaving her to freeze in the dropping temperature. Another choking feeling crept up her throat, she was truly sorry. She had left her. On top of that, as if it weren't enough to drive Taru crazy, she hadn't been strong enough to fully carry her back to the den. They had barely made it. The thought of what could have happened if they hadn't made a silent shudder pass through the tiny female. Instead of going to sit by her best friend, she pawed the ground with another shallow whine.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 15th 2011, 11:29 pm

"Oh, no, not much, other than Altair becoming a live speed bump and road block all in one. " Silver laughed,

Kira laughed at her friends words, a smile perched upon her muzzle. Within moments of seeing Silver leave, her smile diminished. Why was she here in the den still? Elysia and Taru, Mahina and Altair, she suddenly felt as if she were an extra wheel. "Excuse me" she mumbled, brushing past Altair and Mahina and out the den. She paused halfway in the doorway, a smile on her muzzle still as a light breeze caught her pelt and she sighed deeply. She opened her eyes as she took a step forward, her pastel eyes catching the faint glimpse of Silver's pelt as she made her way to the river. The female bounded after her friend across the densite, eager to stretch out her legs before she paused as the treeline, panting lightly which caused puffs of fog to surround her muzzle. Her expression was slightly confused as she noticed Silver atop a rock with her ears pinned back. She padded over, her large paws crunching against the snow that had fallen the previous day. She flicked her tail softly, looking up at her friend from the ground. "Whats wrong?" she asked, her voice almost a whine. Silver was rarely in distress, so the betess had no clue as to what it could be.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2011, 8:30 am

"I would love to accompany you on a spiffing good hunt, my jellow fellow." He gave her a warm smile, and rose up from his seated position. "You may lead the way." He suggested this because he had never been good at leading hunts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2011, 8:40 am

Akera smiled widely. Until he said lead the way. She stammered, " Uh, okay. I'll try my best but I don't know this land very well. But I guess since it's not gonna be a big hunt, there's gotta be something around here somewhere!" She looked to the male, question in her emerald eyes. "What's on the menu, my good sir?" She smiled when she talked in the same tone as him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 16th 2011, 9:28 am

"Bad memories that I am ashamed of." Silver said, as that was all she could get out. She moved over, making an open space on the rock and turned to look at Kira. She then dismissing the thoughts and subject, looked to the sky. Her mind thought for a moment, and then a few quiet and excited words came from her muzzle.

"Full moon tonight if it clears up enough. " She said, her tail wagged for a moment and then curled around her. She loved full moons, they were like dim suns in the sky to brighten up the night. They were so beautiful, as always, dancing in the sky and reflecting the sun's light. You could not look directly at the sun, but the full moon? Indeed. And it was quite a sight for silver. When she was young, alone, before Banishing Winds pack took her in she often simply followed the moon in hopes it would guide her to somewhere homely. And, in fact, it did.

"Without the moon, I would not be here. " She judged, turning to look at Kira.

Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2011, 11:08 am

Elysia lifted her head, hearing soft whines. She looked back to see Taru at the mouth of the den. Her Rabbit Buddy was thumping her tail gently against the ground. A dissapointed look passed her face, though it was accompanied by something else - something Elysia couldnt quite read. She tilted her head towards Taru, replying to Taru's whine with a quiet bark. She tossed her head, pointedly moving to make room. She didnt want to go anywhere that Taru wasn't. And if Taru really wanted to go, then Elysia would go. But first, she wanted to make sure that Taru felt welcome - that Taru knew she had the option to come and join the little - if dwindling - party. Kira and Silver had excused themselves and appeared to be conversing quietly outside the den. Altair, Mahina, Elysia and Falco were now gathered in a small group. Taru could become part of that group, in fact - Elysia wanted her to.

Elysia looked between Altair's group and Taru for a moment befor standing. She padded softly to the entrance of the den, pausing at Taru's side. She nudged her friend's shoulder gently, smiling warmly. She looked back to the small group. "Don't you want to join us Tee?" Her tail swished back and forth gently against her legs. She looked to Altair, remembering his conversation with Taru earlier - before Elysia had nearly killed herself. An unreadable expression crossed Elysia's eyes. This whole fiasco, it had all been Elysia's fault. She had gone back out in the storm. She had laid down, she had fallen asleep. Look what her carelessness had done. She had seen Taru limp and the new scab on her chin. She barely remembered being carried or dragged to the den by Taru. Her best friend had saved her life, at costs to herself. Elysia looked to Altair and then back to Taru. Rune's words once again came back to her.

Taru's happiness was all that mattered, all that would ever really matter to Elysia. Altair made Taru happy. Why not become a matchmaker, no matter how much it may pain her personally. She nudged her friend gently, speaking under her breath. "How about we go over, I beleive you deserve a hero's treatment."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 16th 2011, 11:41 am

Taru's ears tensed at the sound of Elysia's bark. She watched as her friend moved to make room for her again, implying she wanted her to come sit with the group. Yellow eyes shifting over the faces of the small group forming, the small female tried to convince herself she wanted to go sit with them. Her right front paw twitched suddenly, the nails that bordered it breaking through the small layer of snow beneath them. This small movement conveyed her emotions over the whole situation. More wolves, a stranger mixed in. The group was of friends, Altair, Mahina, and Ely. Falco was the only new wolf, his name reminding her of a bird that had come through her birth territory many summers ago. A falcon, something small but fierce in the way of speed. However, this wolf seemed nothing like a falcon, for he was big. This made her uneasy.

"Don't you want to join us Tee?"

Shifting suddenly as she felt Elysia's nose press into her shoulder, the female's eyes looked towards Elysia. To be honest, Taru didn't. Altair confused her. Mahina intimidated her. Falco scared her. She was honest in her mind, before putting on her show. A large smile split apart her face, "I don't see why not," the female replied. Her back left paw, that was missing part of a nail, slipped strangely as she got up. It seemed she needed her nails more than she had noticed. A gentle laugh made its way through Taru's teeth trying to hold it in.

"How about we go over, I beleive you deserve a hero's treatment."

Taru had already begun to walk over, slowly, as to ensure that Elysia stayed besides her, when she heard her words. Hero's treatment? It froze her in mid-step. Her rabbit buddy considered her a hero? For leaving her in the cold to freeze! She swiveled on her heels, looking directly at Elysia. "But... I left you.... to find Mahina. Don't you remember?" Taru began to release her guilt heavy words. Moving forward with another small step, she leaned in to look at Ely with an inquiring look. She turned her head slightly, "You froze because of me, because I left you alone in the snow," the female finished. Taking a step back, Taru realized these were the words she had wanted to say outside, between the two of them, not for everyone else to hear.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 16th 2011, 12:24 pm

"Did I miss something exciting?"

Altair looked over at Elysia who had joined the group. He noticed that Silver and Kira had departed. Perhaps they would join back later. He'd like that.

"Hey Ely." The brute greeted the fae with a warm and friendly voice. "Where should I begin? Well Mahina here promised me that she'd hunt rabbits for me for the rest of my life because I said that I'd stay here with her since she managed to get herself a mild frostbite. The hunting part is awesome since I couldn't hunt to even save my own life. But the frostbite part, not so much.

"Silver, who abandoned the den before I could tell the real story decided to use me as a spring board to test her new, crazy theory that using an Altair for a boost could make wolves beat evolution and fly. But as you could see, she really didn't fly very far but she'll be back with another crazy idea. She also threatened my life so I told Falco that I'd use him as a live battering ram if his mate came after me.

"And that's about it." Altair concluded. "For the exciting parts anyway. Right Mahina?"

It was after he looked to his side that he noticed that Elysia had departed and was speaking with Taru. Deciding that it would be rude to look and listen, he turned his attention back to Mahina.

"You froze because of me, because I left you alone in the snow," the female finished.

Altair could not help but over hear that final part of Taru's words. The fae had started to walk over but stopped in her tracks when Elysia said something. He forced himself not to look over at her since he knew that it would not be appreciated by either fae. His ears had been back as he heard Taru speak but he forced them forward.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2011, 1:06 pm

"Where should I begin? Well Mahina here promised me that she'd hunt rabbits for me for the rest of my life because I said that I'd stay here with her since she managed to get herself a mild frostbite. The hunting part is awesome since I couldn't hunt to even save my own life. But the frostbite part, not so much."

Mahina looked to Altair. "What? I never-" She let her ears drop. "Stop putting words in my mouth dangit." She cuffed the male's ear with her paw, ensuring to add a little bat on his muzzle.

"You froze because of me, because I left you alone in the snow," the female finished.

Mahina winced slightly. Hadn't she gone into the snow, Taru wouldn't have left Elysia, and Elysia wouldn't have almost died. Was every recent event slowly becoming her fault? Dakota attacking Spirit and Soran, Elysia almost freezing cause Taru had left to find her. Her ears pinned against her skull, and she averted her gaze to her paws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 16th 2011, 1:29 pm

"What? I never-" She let her ears drop. "Stop putting words in my mouth dangit."

"You were thinking it. I just voiced it." Altair kept his face completely serious but his amber eyes gave away that his was laughing on the inside.

When Mahina looked down at her paws after Taru's words, he knew that she was blaming herself for what happened. Everyone seemed to be blaming themselves. He reached over and quickly touched her nose with his in a comforting gesture.

"Don't blame yourself Mahina. Even if you hadn't left, it would have happened somehow. It was destiny." Altair's mother had said the same thing after his brother's death. If she hadn't, the brute would not be the same wolf he was today.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum