Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 40 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Guest July 20th 2011, 11:53 am

Akera trained her eyes on the limping one. It seemed like a good candidate. "That sounds good. Want to bolt for her on three? She won't stand a chance against our powerful jaws!" She flashed the male a quick smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale July 20th 2011, 12:02 pm

"And why do you wish to join our pack?" Maiara asked evenly.

Gale had always hated this question. It wasn't that he had no answer for it. Rather, it was that every where he went, it was asked. There was just too much repetition and he had a distaste for being stuck in a rut. For the first year, he had been forced to answer with different replies but when he hit two years old he found that it was no longer required for him to come up with a million different statements.

His gaze went to Maiara. She had taken a more dominant stance in order to show her position above him. A groan almost made its presence known to the wolves around him but he managed to contain it. The male's tail flicked irritably. He would have to feign submission to this female if he even wanted a chance. So, with great anger in his system, Gale lift his head higher and exposed his white throat to Maiara. His tail lowered until it was perpendicular to the snow covered earth. His dark, multi-coloured ears fell back onto his skull. With great difficulty, he held this position.

"I wish to join because I have been alone for three years now." He replied with the same quiet yet even tone. "My life as a loner is not easy and it is only going to get harder as I age. I do have some experience in pack ranks, so please excuse my rudeness of earlier. I should have showed this stance earlier."
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 20th 2011, 12:38 pm

Altair lowered his head as Taru tugged on his ear. It wasn't painful but he was unsure of what she was trying to do. With his weight, he would never imagine that his friend was trying to pin him down.

"What are you doing?" He asked, pawing at her.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 20th 2011, 1:20 pm

Silver stood from the snow, turning to look towards the den. Her eyes got a faraway look, and then the strode through the snow and into the trees, her coat seeming to meld with the snow as she moved, as if the fae was only an apparition. She held the deceased rabbit in her jaws, as it swung limply in her mouth, she felt like eating in privacy.

She stopped and dropped into the snow, slowly devouring the hare until she had her fill. She then buried the bones beneath the snow to not attract much unwanted predators. Her thoughts drifted from one subject to another, then stopped at one and she thought over it slowly.

What will Mahina think of Kira and Altair being mates?

Her ears pinned. She didn't want to know, and a small amount of sourness towards Mahina was still left inside of her. She had thrown her friends against each other, and that was wrong. Horribly, disgustingly wrong. Soran and Spirit could have been killed by Dakota, she knew the fae was capable of it. Her ears pinned. What would it be like had no one stopped it? If Maiara and Elysia and her had not gone to cease the fighting?

Someone would have been killed. She thought, without a doubt. Her expression hardened. Would she ever trust Mahina again? Who knew, but she was not a fan of fighting nor anyone to mess with her pack mates.

Rising to her feet, the female continued into the den site, looking around to survey the place. Elysia and Maiara were both staring rather awkwardly at a loner next to Mahina, and Maiara's posture made her stomach jump. What was so bad about this loner, this male? She did not know, but she would.

Her eyes began to study him, and she walked forward, standing near Elysia, her pale green eyes emotionless.

Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 40 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2011, 2:44 pm

Gale was still looking at her, and Elysia couldnt look away. She thought for a moment that he might be reading her thoughts. If he did, what would he find? Her wariness of him for sure, her discomfort, but also the strange hold he had over her. She was intrigued by him, enough that she couldnt put it out of her mind. He was alluring. She felt like a salmon. She swam upriver so oblivious to the wolf waiting on the banks. She had swum right into a trap and Gale had swiped his paw down and snatched her. Now, no matter how much she wriggled and struggled, he would consume her. Of course, this may have been a little dramatic considering that she had known Gale for a matter of minutes. She didnt even know him, she had simply seen him. She hadn't even heard him speak a word, but she wanted to. She wondered if he would have a voice to match his appearance.

"Your friend here is right. I wish to join this pack."

And there they were, the first words Elysia had heard come from his parted lips. They were deep, a throaty bass voice. Everything he said seemed to have a double meaning - despite the innocence of the phrases. He was only confirming Mahina's words, and yet Elysia felt like he was saying so much more. It was only as he directed his words to Maiara that his eyes left Elysia. With their eye-contact broken, Elysia suddenly felt freed. She breathed in and out quickly, steadying herself as she looked away from him. Her face was carefully neutral, expressionless as she could make it. She was trying to adopt that serenity, the tranquility Pallatsera had once utilized so effortlessly. Despite her desires, Elysia found her gaze wandering back to Gale. There were flashes in his eyes, when he spoke or sometimes just when a thought must have crossed his mind. Elysia was reminded of the salmon, and wondered if Maiara was suffering under his gaze as Elysia had.

Elysia watched Maiara take a more dominant stance, something Elysia had never seen Maiara do during her time among Banishing Winds Pack. Her eyes widened and she looked to Gale for his response. He had lowered himself, exposing his neck in a submissive stance. Elysia felt the sudden urge to recoil, the position seemed so wrong to her. There was something about Gale lowered himself that didnt look right. Elysia held her position with difficulty, now no longer trying to hide her gaze trained on Gale. He mystified her, and fascinated her. They hadn't exchanged a single word, and he was all she could think about. She wasn't starstruck. She wasn't some puppy fallen in love. She was enthralled, but more as a scientest to a subject. She wanted to study Gale, to discover him and what lay behind his shifting eyes.

"I wish to join because I have been alone for three years now. My life as a loner is not easy and it is only going to get harder as I age. I do have some experience in pack ranks, so please excuse my rudeness of earlier. I should have showed this stance earlier."

His voice was so even, but again Elysia had the feeling that everything he said had a double meaning. It was as if he had some hidden ulterior motive. Elysia wanted him to speak, to say everything he meant and everything he thought. But at the same time, she knew that would repulse her as his submissive stance did now. It wouldn't be right. Though she had no right to claim knowing him, she felt it would be wrong. Somehow, this male wouldnt be himself if he revealed anything Elysia so desired to know and to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 20th 2011, 3:31 pm

Taru growled playfully again, before releasing his ear in defeat. Why did her friend have to be so darn big? A frown spread apart her features, thoughts of what to do next running through her head. "I was going to pin you down, but considering your parents have created one huge wolf, I can't," the female replied in a "simple as that" tone. She sat down with a defeated sigh, still trying to figure out what to do with this situation. He could easily pin her, lick her face, and get up, while Taru had the strength of a pup compared to the brute. Instead, she decided she would see what he would do.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 20th 2011, 3:35 pm

"I was going to pin you down, but considering your parents have created one huge wolf, I can't," the female replied in a "simple as that" tone.

Altair sighed. He couldn't believe he was about to do this. Slowly, he lay himself into the snow and glared at Taru playfully.

"Here's your chance." The brute wagged his tail. His pale amber eyes were bright with amusement.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 20th 2011, 3:45 pm

Taru had her head high, nose to the sky in a snooty point. She had her eyes closed, as though she had been offended. "I won't take a pitty pin," the female explained, before opening one eye to see he had layed down. The urge to jump on him was too much. She threw away her once dignified look and let her tongue droop from her jaws. Jumping with a thud onto the male, the female's dark paws pressed to his shoulders. Her rumps sat on his chest and a look of pure joy split her face. She was both proud and bewildered that he would let her do such a thing. There was no way she could pass it up, even though she had considered it earlier. The tiny female sat atop her large friend, grinning wildly and tail wagging crazily.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale July 20th 2011, 4:47 pm

The crunching of snow beneath paws informed Gale about the coming of another. This new wolf, a female as well, took a place alongside the she-wolf who was now staring at him openly. With this fae's appearance, it allowed him to study yet another member of the pack. Her main coat colour was white though light and darker greys were found as well. From the top of her muzzle to the dark grey tip of her tail ran a triangle flame shaped marking that gradually darkened from a light grey to a more medium colour. Her ears were a dark grey that turned black at the tips. As her ears met with her skull, the dark grey faded until it was barely noticeable. Paws were a medium grey that lightened as the colour travelled up her legs. An almost invisible grey ring decorated her chest. Her eyes were a pale light green. A small, slim figure is what this female possessed as well as a long tail which would be helpful for balance.

Finally, he turned his piercing green gaze away from her and returning them to the she-wolf who was staring at him. It was tempting to snap at her, to make a rude inquiry but he did not. The pose of submission disappeared and he flicked his tail. There were so many things that the beast in his soul wanted to do but he had to hold it all back. Even the dangerous aura around him needed to be relaxed until later. He did try to exterminate the aura but it proved fruitless. Such a thing had surrounded him for all of his life and it would never disappear.

"Do you need something from me?" He quietly asked to the fae who still had her beautiful brown and amber eyes on him. "Might I inquire your name?"
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2011, 5:10 pm

Elysia only noticed Silver when Gale's gaze shifted to her. Elysia turned her head too, following Gale's gaze. She blinked slightly in surprise, embarassed that she had failed to notice Silver approach. She had been so absorbed in Gale. She would have to talk to Silver later, or someone. Was she really the only one found Gale so thouroughly enthralling? She felt a sudden wave of embarassment. What must Maiara think? Elysia was just sitting here, staring at a newcomer. It was not only quite odd, but undeniably rude. She shifted her paws uncomfortably, refusing to allow herself to look back at Gale. She would never hear the end of it if she chased a potential new member from their midst. She noticed him shift from the corner of her gaze. She allowed herself the swiftest of glances.

He had lost his submissive pose and his tail flicked. In a way, Elysia was releived. Something was...off..when he stood so submissively. It somehow hadn't been right. Elysia looked away again, putting on a serious face. Yes, she had stared at him. But had he not done the same thing to every wolf that had approached? Elysia straightened her shoulders, holding her head high. She wasn't positioning herself in a display of dominance - she held no dominance within the pack. She was simply steeling herself. So he was being mysterious and creepy? Well she would harden herself, become impervious. It shouldnt be that difficult, she hoped. She was lost in her own thoughts, almost oblivious of her surrounding for a moment. She was yanked from this when Gale spoke again.

"Do you need something from me? Might I inquire your name?"

It took Elysia a moment to realize Gale had been adressing her. It took her another moment entirely to form coherent words. She needed to say something intelligent, something worth saying. She searching her mind, though her face remained carefully guarded. "You analyze each of us, simply because we are strange and new. Is it not then assumed that we will do the same?" She wasn't sure where the sophisticated words came from, but there they were. She hadnt exactly answered his question, but she may have saved a small bit of her reputation. Her ears twitched and she dipped her head slightly to him, adding on at the end. "And my name, is Elysia."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2011, 5:13 pm

Knife raised his head the instent the twig snapped and perked his ears. In his deep voice he said "Who's there?". With all his guard on high alert now his golden eyes began to dart back and forth, from both side of the creek. His scar, now shown by white fur, showed as he turned his body around to looks behind him. The other scar on his chest, also shown by white fur, glowed in light. The light was shinning right through the hole in his right ear (Hunter got him there). He began to think..... bear..... no, it couldnt be a bear this late in winter now, they are asleep, well msot of them anyway. He holds in his growl to speak once more "Show yourself, i dont want to fight you...." He loweres his tail, showing no threat to what has stepped on the twig minutes ago....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 20th 2011, 5:36 pm

The ebony female lay silently as Taru and Altair began playing, a smile spreading across her muzzle at Taru's willingness to pin him. As Silver and Falco walked away, she found herself alone as she stared at the snow aimlessly. Before long, her gaze snapped up to the commotion of a small group and a male she didn't recognize. She flattened her ears, for someone to have just gotten here he didn't appear to be going well thus far. Slowly she got to her paws, taking delicate steps across the snow as her gaze remained locked upon the group and only halting when she stood a foot or so behind Maiara. She flicked her tail lightly as she stood, her ears perked as she listened intently.

((Sorry this is so horribly lame... I am trying to recollect the past 8 pages to catch up Razz)
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 20th 2011, 6:10 pm

Falco chuckled lightly seeing the rabbit fall on his mate's head he pawed at her slightly, playfully. Her frosty white coat glimmered. He watched the amused look in her eyes, he frowned lightly confused, and as he was thinking it over, she made a dive for his ear. He laughed again like a tickled child as he pawed at her helplessly. She soon got up and padded off with her rabbit he caught, in which Falco followed her quietly. She consumed the hare halfway and seemed interested in the new wolf ahead. He sat quietly beside her and studied the new brute, one of earthly tones and a heavier build. Falco's ears perked slightly as he curled his tail beside him. For now he just watched and studied silently.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale July 20th 2011, 6:42 pm

"You analyze each of us, simply because we are strange and new. Is it not then assumed that we will do the same? And my name, is Elysia."

Gale had just prepared a witty, if not cold response when yet another wolf arrived. The fact that this wolf was a female did not surprise him in the least. It seemed that the only gender his presence ever induced was the female. This new she-wolf had a black coat that merged with many different shades of dark grey. Icy blue eyes seemed sharp but they possessed a gentle light. She was the type wolf who he wanted but her scent was heavily mixed with the ginger and white male's scent. They were probably mates or at least really close friends. Gale would not risk arousing the other male's anger.

Once again, he turned his eyes to another newcomer. This was getting foolish. Why did so many wolves have to come and investigate him? He felt like some sort of strange new animal under a microscope that everyone needed to poke and prod. The new wolf was a male so he only gave him a quick, thorough scan. His pelt was white with hints of grey on his brow, shoulders, and tail tip. He was built moderately with with long legs that were full of muscles. He was built for stamina. Gale had about fifty solid pounds on him.

His green eyes contained a new, vicious light. The beast inside was clawing its way through his barriers and starting to make its omnipresence known to all. It was like a bane on Gale's existance. Something was angering him but he did not know what it was and if he didn't find out soon, he would lash out. There was a fire in his soul that grew hotter and hotter with each passing second. All the muscles on his jaw tightened as he struggled to with hold the monster. Every tendon, tissue, and fibre in his body grew rigid from the strain. In order to take his mind off of the anger, he turned his inspecting eyes back to Elysia.

"That is very true but I do not moon over anyone." His reply came out a tad sharper than he intended but it was not his concern. She held no rank over him. But his words were a lie. He had been constantly looking at her though he had been more discreet. There was no way he could wait for a new reply for she would most likely snap back. "I apologize. What rank do you hold?"
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2011, 7:11 pm

Elysia turned her head away from Gale as Kira and then Falco approached. It seemed the whole pack was turning out to greet the newcomer. Elysia dipped her head respectfully to Kira. As Beta Female, Kira ranked higher above Elysia but not as high as Maiara or Rune. Elysia was careful about the trespect she doled out. She couldn't give Kira the utmost signs of respect, because of then of course she had no higher respect to give Maiara. Then again, she couldnt risk being disrespectful by not being quite respectful enough to Kira. These thoughts went through Elysia's mind often. Though Elysia had been among Banishing Winds Pack for quite some time at this point, she still felt like she was trying to prove herself. It wasn't even so much that she was proving herself, as she was identifying herself. There were so many who looked at her and saw Pallatsera - Elysia's beautiful and powerful older sister who had been alpha female of Banishing Winds Pack before her death and Maiara's predeccesor.

"That is very true but I do not moon over anyone."

Elysia only turned her head when Gale spoke, clearly adressing her. Her eyes flashed indignation. She was not mooning over him. She had no romantic interest in him at all. She simply found him alluring, but not in the way of a mate. She found him like an exotic bird or an unexplained mystery. She wanted to research and discover, but she did not moon. Although her eyes had flashed indignation, she was hurt above anything else. She had barely said anything to him, yet he insisted on snapping at her. She stood calmly, not letting her hurt feelings show. Maiara did not need her assistance accepting or rejecting Gale. In fact, with such a large group gathering, it might be better if she left to give them all some space. Her tail flicked as she dipped her head to Maiara respectfully. She didnt want to speak for fear of interrupting the alpha's thoughts or actions. Her ears flicked as Gale spoke again.

"I apologize. What rank do you hold?"

Elysia turned to look at him. She was glad to see him apologize, but he wasn't completely off the hook. She looked to him for a moment. Something between a victorious grin and a smirk turned her lips upwards. She wasn't being unkind when she smirked, it was more of teasing or..she wasn't sure what to call it. She laughed quietly. "Not a loner." With that, she turned and padded quietly away. Her small size made her movements subtly graceful and she moved in near silence. Her tail swished against her back legs as she moved away from the group and towards a cedar. She settled herself down, just within sight of Gale but far enough as to appear to have little interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 20th 2011, 8:41 pm

Spirit rose her head from where it had rested on her paws as something began to stir up in the clearing before her. It was a new wolf, and by it's size it was obviously a male. Spirit slowly pushed herself up a sitting position, wrapping her tail neatly around her paws as she examined the scene. It certainly seemed that the new wolf was gathering quite the crowd, but it was only to be expected. He was something new and everyone wanted to get a god look at him. But something about him seemed to bother Spirit, the way he worded his sentences or just that.... look he had. He seemed dark and mysterious in a way and his pale green eyes seemed to hold something within them that the white she-wolf couldn't quite make out. She let out a small huff of breath, she didn't see herself putting much faith into him and she certainly wasn't going to speak to him, not now as he was obviously busy. Perhaps later when there wasn't such a big crowd.

-------

https://banishing-winds.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=351
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40