Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 21 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Silver June 28th 2011, 10:00 am

A cold wind swept through the trees, ruffling Silver's coat. She ceased her hold on Falco's ear, turning her head to look at the clouds almost looming above their small group. The grey, velvety soft triangles that sat proudly upon her head perked at the faint noise of whistling wind. Things were about to get ugly.

Without another word, the leapt over Falco and began to tug the Elk carcass to the den. Her pale green eyes intent on their goal, she pulled with all the might the small wolf could muster, her paws digging into the snow.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 21 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 21 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 4:02 pm

Elysia climbed to her paws, shaking Taru's slobber from her fur. She tilted her head at her Rabbit Buddy's retreating form. Her departure had been pretty abrupt and Elysia wondered if there was something bugging her friend. She turned to Akera and Soran and shrugged lightly. She shook herself again, moving to a more comfortable position. She would have liked to lie down, but the idea of pressing her body to the cold snow was entirely unappealing. She settled for sitting, wrapping her tail tightly around her paws. She turned to Akera and Soran.

"Taru and I were on our way to find something to eat, but she seems to have gone." Her tail tip twitched as she looked between the two of them. The three of them together could possibly bring down a substantial kill, and bring back meat for their sick pack mates. "Would either of you care to join me for a hunt?" She blinked her amber eyes. Her gaze settled every so often on Soran. She wasnt gazing at him in that adoring manner she had before. This time it was more pensive, analytical. There was a definate difference.

She looked to Akera with the same look. Elysia was having an epiphany moment, pondering the meaning of life and such subjects. However, this time it was on a slightly lower scale. She was pondering her position within the pack, as well as her relationships. She considered her friendship with Taru strong, but besides her Rabbit Buddy - Elysia was largely alone. It was a sudden, and depressing, thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 4:22 pm

Akera was suprised to hear the invitation. But she was internally very pleased. Maybe Elysia asking for a hunt would mean she considered Akera an aquaintance. She smiled very wide. "Hunting is most definitely my forte. My father wanted me to end up lead hunter in my birth pack. But...I decided to leave to find something else." Akera shoke her head to clear it. No need to think of the past now. She responded to the invitation, "I'd love to go hunting with you, Elysia." Her heart started to race, excited to lose herself in the hunt. Akera glanced to the male wolf, then back to the bracken-colored fae.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 6:10 pm

Jacque stared off as he hadn't got an anwser yet,he started to listen to some things:An owl,hooves,chirps,barks and more.He sighed somewhat thengot to his paws,and looked around,more wolves were coming,but they barely noticed him.He shrugged it off,and sat down once more

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira June 28th 2011, 6:34 pm

Kira's mind spun as she pondered over his acceptance. The storm was growing closer, and she need to decide quickly. "I will accept you as of now. Mind your manners" she said, padding past him and flicking her tail to dismiss the conversation.

[[lame DX]]
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit June 28th 2011, 6:35 pm

Spirit flicked her ears as Akera turned her attention to Elysia as she asked the others about hunting. She flicked her gaze between the three briefly before rising to her paws. Spirit shook her pelt, freeing it of the clinging snowflakes. With a brief nod to them (though she didn't really think they'd notice) she turned and departed into the trees once more.

Spirit kept her gaze on the land ahead of her, changing her slow trot to a quick sprint as she ran gracefully over the snow. The snow flew up into the air behind her leaving trenches where her paws had been moments ago. Without knowing how Spirit found herself in a large field, covered in white snow and glinting in the sun. She caught sight of what seemed to be elk or deer of some shape in the background but she didn't exactly feel like hunting. Instead Spirit went over to a nearby tree to simply sit and observe the herd.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 6:46 pm

Jacob bowed his head respectfully as a thank you as she walked off,the brute sighed,then sat over by a tree,his amber eyes somewhat shinging with a glare,he had no intints on meeting anyone right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 7:22 pm

Akera watched as Spirit abruptly stood up. Watching the white wolf nod, Akera seemed a bit confused. She wasn't going to join them on the hunt? She wanted to follow Spirit, but decided against it. Maybe the fae wanted to be alone for a little while.

Thinking more practically, Akera decided she should probably find the alphas first. Or someone to initiate her in the pack. That was more important to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara June 28th 2011, 8:01 pm

Maiara looked over to Rune for a moment. She could ask him now, there were no distractions, nothing to interrupt them. But should she ask, what would he think of what she had to say? No, he seemed a little out of things, it wasn't the time. But still, anxiety of her harbored secret made her wonder, when would it be time? She had to ask him. She needed to know what he thought. Because this was what she wanted, of that she was sure; but she needed to know that it was what he wanted too. It was not a decision to be made by only one. This was a leap they would have to take together.

But, shaking her head clear of that for the moment, she stood from her spot at Rune's feet, and trotted back to the edge of the focal clearing of the den site. She didn't dare to kid herself that the time had not been right, or that Rune was occupied with thoughts. She was cowardly and had run from her choice. At least for the time being. Was she even ready for this? She puffed her fur up against the chill, small shivers making her slim frame tremble. Breathing in and out slowly, watching the air fog in front of her mouth, she thought about it a moment, sitting down just at the end of the tree line. Yes, she could be ready for this if she had Rune's support. Looking around, she wondered where the loner that she'd spoken so bluntly to earlier had gone. Assuming he had not left, it would need to be determined whether or not he would join the pack. Now calm and well-slept, she could at least take care of this. And the other one, the small dark female as well, Maiara would need to find her too. The alphess smiled slightly, that fae was certainly one with character. But the smile faded from her face as a breeze brought the sour-stale smell of illness to her nose, a detail that had been lost on her until a moment ago, covered by the cool smell of the oncoming storm. Her brow furrowed, who here was sick?
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 8:33 pm

Jacob looked around,the brute sighed then got away from the tree,he sneezed as a cold breeze rustled his fur,he thought "Might as well do something..." He staggered over to a clearing and sighed once more,he needed to be more social,but with no one here who seemed to care what he did,it really wasn't helping,but they were busy and he wasn't going to disturb their duties.Jacob quickly thought of something,he COULD just time himself,he was alreayd fast enough but it gave him something to do,the bulky brute walked over to a tree,and looked another one,about ten yards away,he nodded then dashed off,hitting the cold ground with his light paws,he swished around the tree and went back to the first tree,before jumping over a log,he almost lost his balance but kept going,he was detrimed to get five laps,he kept on,he wasn't going to be done for awhile but he could at least have something to kill some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara June 28th 2011, 8:55 pm

Maiara's thoughts were distracted quickly as a blur of motion caught her eye. A dark wolf sped from one tree to another, and back repetitively. Even though his speed did not allow for the clarity of recognition, she knew that he wasn't of the pack. His scent was wilder, almost harsh in comparison to the pack's own warm scent. His nonchalance to intruding irritated her slightly. Taking a calm but dominant stance, she walked forward and sat in the middle of his path, her soft blue eyes looking straight forward. If he was smart and attentive, he would halt for her. If not, he would collide with the alpha female, and would confirm that he felt comfortable enough in strange territories where he didn't belong, that he felt that he could ignore that he had not made his presence and intent adequately known. She hoped for his sake that he would stop. It would not be in his favor to have her opinion of him lower just as they met.

(meh, lamish, but folks must be accepted!)
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 9:04 pm

Jacob watched as a female wolf stopped into his path,he looked at her with suprise but quickly skidded to a halt,making sure not to blow any dust at her.He looked at her with amber eyes gleaming "Hello."
Jacob swayed his tail and sat down,bowing his head a bit.

Last edited by Jacob on June 28th 2011, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 28th 2011, 9:09 pm

Taru moved slightly as her belly finshed settling. The female rose to her small paws, using long strides to travel across the territory. She noticed a male running like a fool in laps it seemed, ignoring the alphess next to him. He was headed straight towards her! Giving an irritated snort, she bolted forward, stoping as be skidded to a halt. The female frowned, he should be more careful, or perhaps it was Maiara's fault for stepping in his path? She moved towards the pair, making her way over to the pair.

Putting on a bright smile, she nodded to Maiara. "Hello, Alphess," she bowed respectfully, knowing she had yet to be accepted. Taru wagged her tail to add some friendliness behind her greeting. Curious to see if Maiara had decided to accept her, the female waited.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 10:11 pm

Akera's ears perked up as she heard Taru's (now familiar) voice. She always did have good hearing. Listening hard, she heard the word "Alphess". Akera's heart thumped loud in her chest. She wanted to be a part of this pack so much. She put her hunger aside. She addressed Elysia and Soran, now quiet silent, "I'll be right back. I think I know where the Alphess is." Akera trotted out of the den, using her nose to try to find the dark female and apparently the Alphess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 10:35 pm

Jacob looked as a she-wolf apporached,he sighed,did she think he would actually run into the wolf?! He moaned softly then coughed once more,and swayed his tail as another she-wolf came into veiw,he nodded his head as Hello to both of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara June 28th 2011, 11:17 pm

Maiara nodded subtly to herself in satisfaction as the male passed her test, stopped, and introduced himself. It did not lessen her curiosity as of why he was here, but it did put her at ease, at least knowing that this stranger was still on his toes here.
"Hello, my name is Maiara, I don't believe we've met. What buisness do you have here?" she asked curtly, curving her tail around her body to rest at her feet.
"Hello, Alphess,"
Her gaze averted to a cheerful looking Taru who approached and bowed. She returned a quiet smile, nodding to her in greeting to show that she hadn't forgotten their earlier meeting, and that they would resume their buisness once the other loner had been taken care of.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2011, 11:32 pm

Jacob looked at her "Er...I came here only an hour or so ago,a female,I think her name was Kira,said I was accepted for the time being,although Im thinking You are the Alphess of the Pack.Im Jacob by the way." He sighed somewhat and sat down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2011, 1:20 am

A black and white wolf caught his gaze, curious to who he was. Insomnia shuffled onto his paws, and started to move forward, seeing another two wolves. One the alphess of whom he had never spoken with and the other another black wolf. Yet again, never conversed with. As he aproached the group, his voice broke the silence which consumed his form "Hello"

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 29th 2011, 1:31 am

Taru's ears flicked towards Insomnia's general direction. She knew Maiara was busy at the moment, so decided it would be nice to converse with the stranger for awhile. "Hello. I'm Taru," she introduced herself with a playful bow, wagging her tail to ensure she meant no bad feelings or disrespect through her actions. The female had never met this wolf before, but his thick, white coat was something new to her. Taru rarely saw wolves with white coats, the few she knew were in this pack. Her family had consisted of mostly her color, so she was put in awe by his color. Tracing his pelt with her pale yellow eyes, Taru realized she was staring and smiled shyly.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2011, 1:54 am

Jacob felt crowed all of the sudden he took a step back then looked at the male who had said Hello,he sighed then said "Hello." He looked at the male,then looked back at the Alphess,she swayed his tail gently as he listened to the birds,then a snap came down,a trap?It was far off but he could hear and he said "Did you hear that snap?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2011, 2:00 am

Akera followed her nose until she saw four wolves up ahead. One she recognized as Taru. The others were unknown to her. A white male, a black and white male, and a tan and white female, judging by her nose. She could tell the female was the Alphess. Not only by process of elimination, but the way the tan wolf held herself. Realizing that she was probably busy in conversation with what looked and smelled like a newcomer, Akera held back. She decided it was better to make a good impression when the Alphess had the time to meet her. She didn't want to bombard her with newcomers. Akera curled up under a tree a long ways away, to wait for the right time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2011, 2:18 am

Not knowing what to do next Soske keep moving forward through the woods. Looking for food and having to sleep with one eye open every night was becoming restless. She needed to find another pack but it didn't seem possible, until today. Soske wanted to walk into the pack but she knew she had to stay back. She remember her dad's advice, Let the pack come to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2011, 11:15 am

Elysia shifted her paws. First Taru had left, then Spirit and now Akera. Elysia hadn't meant to not include Silver in her invitation. She hadn't seen the female. It was an honest mistake. But she should go apologize because it had most definately been rude. Elysia rose, dipping her head to Soran. She smiled sheepishly, her tail flicking against her back legs as she spoke. She didnt really want to leave. This time alone with Soran would give her a chance to get to know him, but apologizing to Spirit was more important.

She grinned, though it was slightly apologetic. "Looks like we wont be hunting after all. I was a bit rude to Spirit earlier, I'm going to go find her and talk to her." She tilted her head slightly. "Maybe we can go hunting some other time?" She didnt wait for a reply, just letting the offer or whatever it was hang in the air. Instead she turned, breathing in and catching Spirit's scent. She set off at a leisurely pad, following Spirit's trail. The scent trail led her to a tree where Spirit sat alone, observing the herd. Elysia approached Spirit slowly, her eyes on the silver female.

She cleared her throat lightly as she sat down at Spirit's side. Her tail curled around her paws. "Spirit? I wanted to apologize. I realize I didnt include you in my hunting invitation. Honestly, I didnt see you. But no matter my reasons, it was still rude so I wanted to apologize." Elysia lapsed into silence, waiting for some sign or word from Spirit. Hopefully a forgiveness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara June 29th 2011, 12:55 pm

"Er...I came here only an hour or so ago,a female,I think her name was Kira,said I was accepted for the time being,although Im thinking You are the Alphess of the Pack.Im Jacob by the way."
Maiara nodded to the male, if Kira had recently accepted him then he probably just hadn't been in the pack long enough to have the scent rub off on him. It would soon enough.
"Well then Jacob, if Kira has accepted you then you have my welcome." she said with a grin.
"Did you hear that snap?"
Maiara looked at him skeptically "Well it is logical for there to have been a snapping sound. There are other animals that inhabit this earth that step on sticks as they walk. And it is winter, and heavy snow covers all of the tree limbs. If the weight was too burdenous for one of them, the bough would break. Depending on how large the branch, it could be as loud as a gunshot." she explained somewhat hesitantly. She had heard no sound, maybe simply because she had not been listening for one. But whatever the reason, she looked the male up and down, her brow furrowed slightly. He appeared mentally sound, not one to be a schizofrenic, but then again, she had never known one. "Have you been out here long?" she meant the wild, he seemed to be unacustomed to these normal apects of life, but let the statement hang vaguely.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2011, 1:10 pm

Akera watched the conversations going on intently. The Alphess didn't seem harsh. She was just very loyal to the pack. That was a trait Akera found attractive for any wolf. 'This pack just seems to be getting better and better. I long to be a part of it.'

Akera was becoming impatient however. As she sat under the pine tree, she wondered if the other wolves could sense her. She would be very surprised if they didn't realize she was there. They were probably just letting Akera come to them. What she then realized was, to make a good impression, she would have to show how much she wanted to be in the pack. And to do that, she would have to be assertive. Making up her mind, Akera stood up, willing her body to stop shaking. She rustled her fur, puffed out her chest, and strode confidently, yet respectfully into the clearing with the pack members.

But of course, Akera had to mess something up. A rock was conveniently placed in the middle of her path. With her head up high, she could not see it. The next thing she knew, Akera was doing a faceplant into the snow. Embarrassed deeply, she sprung right back up, shaking her head a bit. She wagged her tail to show she was fine, then kept walking towards the Alphess. She was positive they saw that. If wolves could blush, Akera would be bright red.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum