Dakota
Skye
Gale
11 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 15 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Kira July 28th 2011, 6:43 pm

The ebony female smiled, the fact that Silver and her were cousins settling in. She flattened her ears, hearing Rune's words. She made a mental note to apologize to him later, he should have been among the first to know but he wasn't. When she turned back around she noticed Falco with a loner, and her curiosity sparked. The female padded across the snow, taking gentle steps as her tail grazed against her legs lightly. She paused at Falco's side, her pastel gaze studying the russet female closely.

(lame D: But I needed to post )
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 6:46 pm

>> Link

Link's ears swivelled forward as a female's voice called out to him. He slowly got to his paws, lifting his nose to the air and letting it work out the smells. It was indeed a female wolf. She was obviously part of the pack and it made Link feel like he must show himself. The brute let out a misty breath and poked his head out of the trees, the large branches that were tightly crammed together made him like he had a mane behind his head. He snapped at the branches and pulled back, shaking his head.

He let out a growl as sap tickled him and he felt itchy. He padded to where a large space was and stood, watching the female. "Sorry 'bout that." He said, sitting on his haunches and scratching his face with his back paw, determined to get the sap off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 7:10 pm

Akera watched as a head poked out from the trees. She laughed when she saw him crammed together with the branches. He started snapping his way out. She heard him growl, then the male moved into the open space. That was when Akera saw him fully.

The wolf was very tall and rather slim. He had a wonderfully thick coat that Akera envied. His pelt was a mixture of whites and grays, a few patches of brown here and there. There was some black on his back. She then looked at his amber eyes. Something about them made her want to look all day. She found this wolf very interesting. And then he spoke. "Sorry 'bout that." Akera's russet ears immediately perked. His voice was beautiful, not too high, not too low. It was very intriguing to her. The female giggled, a pretty tinkling sound, as he tried to get some sap off his face. She watched him with her emerald eyes, trying to figure out what was drawing her to him. He seemed like an average wolf. But she couldn't look away if she tried. Sitting, she spoke just to hear his wonderful voice again. "It's fine. I found it very entertaining." She smiled radiantly. "I can tell you're not a part of the pack. Well welcome to our land. I'm Akera." She smiled again, her green eyes sparking a bit.

Last edited by Mo on July 28th 2011, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena July 28th 2011, 7:10 pm

Adena

-
-
Pawsteps caught her attention. They got louder and she turned to see a male coming up to her. So.. someone noticed her then. A flash of edginess crossed her eyes, before disappearing in their cool, grey depths. It was good that someone had noticed her, right?

But she felt... happy at the same time.

Happy that it wasn't a bunch of wolves coming to chase her off. But mostly, happy that she might actually be part of this pack. Nothing was promised yet, she knew that her chances of that were slim, but even so she found herself hoping. It seemed foolish to get her hopes up. Nothing was promised and she might, after all this, be chased away again and be forced to return to the boring life of a loner.

"Hello, I'm Falco, Lead hunter of the Banishing Winds. Can I help you at all? Are you wishing to join us?"

She regarded him for a moment. Lead hunter? Banishing Winds? That name made her frown inwardly. Would she be banished from the pack territory? Was there a hidden message in this? He had put a lot into one sentence, that was for sure. But otherwise, she thought she hearing things. Otherwise he sounded like he wanted to help her. Was one of the pack speaking to her, being nice to her? She nodded slowly, grey-blue eyes observing. "Pleased to make your acquaintance Falco," she began, and paused. Thinking of what her next words would be. She cast a quick glance around the gathered wolves. "Yes indeed. I would be honored to join the ranks of this pack. If you please, I would like to speak to one of high rank," she said quietly.

She wondered how the ranks went in the pack. Often she had come across many a pack with Alphas, Betas, and Deltas, but it wasn't always the same. Sometimes they even had funny names - the ranks did. She couldn't recall what they were, but they were odd anyhow. Adena gazed about the wolves gathered. They were a tight-knit bunch, she could tell. Another fae had padded up to her now. She didn't want attention, she wanted to get this over with. She smiled at them. The wolf that had just appeared was black-furred and vibrant blue eyes. Adena nodded in acknowledgement to her. Perhaps she was a high-ranking wolfess? "I seek only acceptance from the pack. I do not wish to cause disturbance," she said.

What she hoped now was that everything would be over and done with soon. The wolves of this pack seemed nice - the nicest she had encountered so far - and they hadn't chased her away yet, so that had to be a good sign. She shuffled slightly, silently on her paws. Adena could become quite nervous - not shy, she was blunt as - when she was under skeptical eyes. She just wanted things to go well. Other than her shuffle, she showed no outward signs of being nervous, thankfully. That wouldn't bode well. Adena looked from one to the other to see what they would say to her little speech.
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 7:17 pm

Link blinked. He hadn't remembered saying anything funny, but he remembered he had sap on his face and he rolled to the ground, rubbing his face into the snow. A shiver travelled down his spine when he stood back up, but it had worked and the sap was gone. He licked his lips and listened to her reply.

"It's fine. I found it very entertaining."
"I can tell you're not a part of the pack. Well welcome to our land. I'm Akera."

Link cracked a grin and let out a deep rumble come from his chest, not a growl, just a soft rumble of comfort. "Yup. I've been here for a day or two. Ran into a silver-white fae." He scratched his face again and let the female's name run through his mind. Akera. Akera. Akera... He blinked and smiled again, lowering his back paw. "Thanks. I'm Link." He said, looking into her emerald green eyes and becoming lost in them for a moment. His eyes followed the markings of her pelt, the natural colors of a gray wolf, but different markings per wolf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 28th 2011, 7:27 pm

"I seek only acceptance from the pack. I do not wish to cause disturbance," she said.

"The alpha's are not currently accepting anyone. However you may speak with one of them about what you are to do" she said, flicking her tail. The ebony female smiled slightly at the female's edginess. Should she find this amusing? Likely not, but she did. " Im Kira, the pack's Beta female " she said, one ear perked towards the russet female and the other flattened back towards the others

(even lamer DX)
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 7:35 pm

"Thanks. I'm Link."

Akera paused as she learned the male's name. Link. She immediately smiled, for she knew this interesting male's name. Her tail wagged at the thought. She gazed at him again for a moment, forgetting what he had said to her. Then she shook her russet head a teeny bit and looked into his beautiful amber-brown eyes. She cleared her throat and spoke in a questioning voice. "A silver and white she-wolf, hmmm? That must be Silver! I never met her for long. I'm a rather new member myself." She looked down for a moment then. Oh how Akera wished to be a true part of the pack. But after today, she sort of was. She did her job, supplying the pack with food which they were now eating. Looking back up, she thought to speak of what she knew. "I'm a hunter. I helped bring down that elk over there!" She grinned, beaming with pride. Akera was glad to be of help to the pack. And she wanted to impress Link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 7:44 pm

(Gosh, you all post so quickly, can't keep up)

"I am Marlie." she introduced herself.

The brute heard the female introduce herself, so he introduced himself to her. "Hello, I am Ninja, nice to meet you." he scratched his left ear as it itched so much and it wouldn't stop and he got quite annoyed with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 7:57 pm

"A silver and white she-wolf, hmmm? That must be Silver! I never met her for long. I'm a rather new member myself."

Link gave her a smile and wagged his tail, making snow fly back and fourth as his tail skimmed the surface of the packed snow. He caught her staring at his eyes for a long moment. His face cracked with a grin and he let his jaws part in a yawn. He frowned slightly, "Why aren't they accepting members are the moment? If I may ask." He said to her softly, letting out a small laugh when he saw her eyes slightly light up when he spoke.

"I'm a hunter. I helped bring down that elk over there!"

Link glanced over to the carcass, his stomach growled and he flicked his ears back in embarrassment. The hungry look returned to his eyes for a brief second before it faded and he turned his head back to Akera and grinned. "Well, Ark. That is a pretty big elk." He said, flicking his tail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 8:09 pm

Akera beamed at the nickname. She felt rather special. She looked down for a second and then back up. "Well Slinky. I didn't do it all by myself. The lead hunter Falco helped me! Probably did better as well. At least he didn't get injured..." She had forgotten about the cut under her eye. The snow Falco put on it had helped very much. But now the female was embarrassed that she didn't look her best for the new loner.

She had seen him frown a little bit earlier and Akera did not like that one bit. But then she recalled his words. "Why aren't they accepting members are the moment? If I may ask." She thought for a moment, So that's why he was frowning. He wants to be in the pack..." Akera also frowned. At times like these, she wished she was the Alpha. She would accept Link in a moment. But she knew there was nothing she could do to persuade Rune otherwise at the moment. Though she was not there during the conflict, while in the den, she saw that he looked rather tense. And there were a few loners floating around because he would not accept them. She looked back to Link, a bit more glum. "Well I wasn't there when it happened. But it seemed as if a loner had been rude or considered a threat to the pack. Rune rejected him and now he's not accepting anyone. I wish I could change that...but I can't."

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena July 28th 2011, 8:19 pm

Adena

-
-
"The alpha's are not currently accepting anyone. However you may speak with one of them about what you are to do"

Adena frowned as she looked at the fae. Well, that was that. But she nodded, unbidden. Then blinking, she replied. "Well, as I said before, I don't mean to cause disturbance," she said quickly. She didn't know what it was with this pack. First they don't see her, then when two wolves finally come over to her, one says that the alphas aren't accepting? Gosh, what luck! And she was beginning to get her hopes up. As always, of course. Adena looked around again. Who were the alphas? Should she go over to them?

" Im Kira, the pack's Beta female "

Adena smiled at her. "Nice to meet you Kira," she said as she dipped her head in respect to them. Lead hunter, beta female... Gosh. Adena considered. "If it is no bother, though, I would like to speak with your alphas," she said slowly, looking back to Kira. She hoped that would be alright. If she wasn't accepted she didn't believe that they would chase her off the territory, but just tell her to go. Perhaps there wouldn't be any need for that though.

Adena wondered why the alphas weren't accepting any new members. The pack was big, yes. And it would be a lot of mouths to feed, but were there other reasons? As Adena awaited her response, her gaze drifted elsewhere. Would the pack actually accept her? Why should they after all? She was just Adena, plain and boring. No, quiet, plain and boring. They had no reason to accept her. And the fact that they weren't actually accepting made her hopes drop even lower. Naw, it was just the usual thing that happened her - she should have known.

It was silly of her to even hope to join this pack. It reminded her of how silly she was, chasing after Tamaska like there was no tomorrow. Now that was stupid. She could see that he didn't retaliate to her pleas, her whines. She should have seen it before that day. That day when he died. Then maybe she wouldn't have felt so guilty. Adena wondered what her parents thought of her just taking off, with out telling them. They probably thought that she had gone for a walk and their worry would have escalated into fear. Now she felt very guilty. She should have said something. She was a coward. She didn't want to face the ceremony that the pack always held for the dead. That would have been unbearable.

Adena looked back to Kira, trying to push her thoughts away.

Last edited by Adena on July 28th 2011, 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 8:36 pm

"Well Slinky. I didn't do it all by myself. The lead hunter Falco helped me! Probably did better as well. At least he didn't get injured..."

Link grinned at the nickname and swished his tail, looking up at her at the last few words, noticing the cut under her eye. Link got to his paws and padded forward, examining the cut. He licked it gently and sat beside her, grinning with triumph. "Well, looks like you are both very skilled hunters then." He flicked his tail so the tip laid on her tail, he was being a flirt. Link listened to her as she spoke again.

"Well I wasn't there when it happened. But it seemed as if a loner had been rude or considered a threat to the pack. Rune rejected him and now he's not accepting anyone. I wish I could change that...but I can't."

He bobbed his head and nudged her. "Well, that makes sense I guess. I'll just have to wait and stick to the trees until he decides to start accepting again." He smiled at her yawned tiredly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 8:50 pm

Akera watched questioningly as he walked forward. She proceeded to freeze in shock as Link licked her wound, a big grin on his face. She listened intently, smiling wide at his compliment. Then, all of a sudden, she felt something on her tail. Looking down, she saw the male's tail resting on hers. If wolves could blush, she would have been bright red. She didn't know whether or not the gesture was on purpose, but she liked it. Looking back up to amber eyes, she gave him small smile as he nudged her. After listening to his words, Akera spoke. "Are you planning on joining us?" Her voice was hopeful and her tail wagged at the thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 8:55 pm

The fae tried to focus on what was going on. She had exposed herself, but none of the surrounding wolves seemed to have noticed her. She swiveled her ears and lead herself to Ninja. "Hi, I'm Marlie." The voice called out. She smiled at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 28th 2011, 8:59 pm

The ebony female smiled warmly, "Of course. Follow me" she said with a flick of her tail as she turned lightly and headed towards Rune. When she reach him she slowed, her ears perked as she spoke, "She wishes to join" she said, her voice just loud enough for him to hear. She stood silently as she waited for his response.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 8:59 pm

Link grinned and closed his eyes, letting the wind take him with it, swirling around the pines and in the prickly, sappy branches. The wind blew through his coat, making every strand of fur shift and tickle him. Link opened his eyes, remembering Akera was there. "Course I am. That's why I'm here." He smiled at her again and licked her wound once more before he stood and slid into the trees, the tip of his tail visible as he hid himself amongst the pines, curling up and listening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 9:12 pm

As she turned around to look at Mahina, she noticed she fell asleep on her shoulder. She smiled as her ears perked, picking up a noise. A howl. The scent of blood and carcass filled in her nostrils, she knew it was a call for eating. The young female licked her muzzle, wanting something to eat since she hasn't been eating for a couple of days now. Her stomach growled at her, indicating that it wanted food. She looked at Mahina, noticing the lead hunter made one last call. Luminah nudged her softly with her ebony nose, "Mahina, wake up.." She said in a hushed tone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 9:17 pm

Mahina's eyes fluttered open when Luminah nudged her. The female lifted up her head, a large yawn parting her muzzle. She caught the echo of Falco's howl, a blinked away creeping sleep. She lay there for a minute, trying to wake up and get herself back into reality. With a stretch, the brown female stood on her paws, rubbing her face with a snow covered paw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 9:23 pm

Akera watched as the male wandered off into the trees. Her heart instantly dropped a bit. She had enjoyed talking to him. Though he had walked away, she wasn't ready for the conversation to be over yet. Link thought he was hiding himself well, but she could still spy his tail sticking out from a tree. She grinned slyly. Using her stealthy skills to her advantage, Akera creeped forward, silent amongst the trees. Reaching the hiding spot of her new friend, she counted to three in her head. Then she leaped over Link, dragging him with her as she tumbled a few feet away. Once she stilled, she was sitting on top of the male, feeling rather triumphant, though she knew that the only reason she could move him was because of the element of surprise. She looked down at him with a cheeky smile. "Our conversation wasn't over yet." She smirked a bit, but stayed sitting on him since she wasn't too large.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 9:29 pm

Link was surprised as Akera pounced on him and they tumbled a few feet away, and she sat on top of him. He let out an "oof" sound and glanced up at her, his eyes raised in questioning, a grin plastered onto his face. "Oh? It wasn't?" He asked, taking his paw and putting it on her nose, his tail wagging. He pushed her off took her ear gently in his jaws and let a smile curve up at the corners of his lips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 9:39 pm

Akera's heart beat fast as she heard his wonderful voice, with the cute silly grin on his face. She smiled back about to answer, when he pushed her off him and swiftly grabbed hold of her ear. If her heart was beating fast before, then now it was moving at the speed of light. She sat there, her ear in Link's jaws, taking it all in. It was right then that she knew how she felt about Link. She didn't know how she knew or why she knew now. Akera just knew. It took her a second to formulate words and when she found them, they came out breathy and quiet. "Nope. It most definitely was not. I'm not done with you yet!" She gave him a smile, though she couldn't see him in their position, hopefully conveying all her joy and emotion in that grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 10:29 pm

As her sister finally stood up from her shoulder, leaving a cold breeze hit the warmth from her head, Luminah stood up on all four of her paws. She shook her pelt from her stomach being covered in snow, that includes her tail, paws, and her head. As she looked at Mahina, a smiled transformed on her black lips, her stomach snarling at her again, she looked down, snarling quietly back at her stomach. "Are you hungry..?" She asked, still looking down at the ground. The white coated female waited patiently for her sisters respond.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 11:06 pm

"Are you hungry..?"

Mahina nodded. "Yes I am." She turned her head towards the scent of the carcass. With a flick of her tail, she started in the direction of the carcass. Falco shouldn't mine if Luminah had a bite to eat, afterall, she was Mahina's sister, and who was to tell how long Rune would be reluctant to accept anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 11:58 pm

"Hi, I'm Marlie." The voice called out. She smiled at him.

Ninja took a step back. He felt an awkward moment overcoming the two of them, and he didn't like it. He wasn't ready for a relationship or anything of that sorts yet. The brute felt bad for acting strange towards the fae, but didn't know what else to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 29th 2011, 12:21 am

Mahina looked to Luminah. She had caught sight of Ninja and a loner, and she could clearly see the brute's discomfort. "Excuse me for a second." She turned on her heels and padded over to the Guard and the loner. She appeared next to Ninja, giving her old friend a friendly smile. She took a glance in the direction of the fox colored female. Something about her made Mahina not like her, but she wasn't going to judge that quickly. "Hey Ninja, want to join Luminah and I? We're going to grab a bite to eat." She motioned towards where Luminah was standing. Usually she wouldn't have done this, but she didn't want her friend to go through any more discomfort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next