Dakota
Skye
Gale
11 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 14 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 9:45 pm

She smiled kindly at her, she was right, her and Luminah did enjoy playing with sticks. She laughed a bit, she couldn't keep the secret anymore, she released the stick as she looked up at her, taking in a deep sigh. "Mahina.. Do you really want to know who I really am...?" She asked, waiting for her turn to respond.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 9:51 pm

Mahina smiled as the stick was now hers. She held her head high. "I win"

"Mahina.. Do you really want to know who I really am...?"

Mahina flicked her tail. "Yes, I do." She answered, still holding the stick in her mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 10:05 pm

"I win"

She laughed, as she looked up at her, studying her features.

"Yes, I do."

She nodded as she swallowed. It was painful to swallow because she knew if she finally told the truth, it would make Mahina mad since she obviously lied to her. She looked down at the ground, as she finally began to speak. "Mahina.... I'm your sister.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 10:05 pm

Link dipped his head to the silver white female and trotted quickly into the forest, staying close enough so between the squished pine branches, he could just barely make out the muzzles and shoulders of wolves. He lay down under a large pine tree, it's branches touched the earth and provided a secret and hidden place, and Link could think and have some time to himself. The brute laid his head atop his paws, his ears twitching as snow fell onto his tan-brown ears, melting through his fur and to his skin.

The snow that melted through his thick winter pelt tickled his skin and made him itchy. He let out an irritated noise and nipped his fur, trying to get rid of the itchiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 10:38 pm

"Mahina.... I'm your sister.."

Mahina looked dumbfounded at first as she stared at Luminah. Her tail twitched, and she dropped the stick. The female lay down on the snow, her tail still twitching. "Why did you lie about being my sister?" she asked. She wasn't mad at Luminah, she could never be mad at her. She had a better bond with her sister than anyone else, despite having not seen her in almost a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 28th 2011, 1:51 am

Falco watched as Akera followed his orders to a T. She was a great hunter to have on his team, Falco was glad. He would thank her later, and bid her a congratulations, though first they needed to kill the calf. His ears still laid flat across his neck as he bolted along side the prey. "I'm going to go for the neck, see if you can drag it down by it's rump! Otherwise it will throw me around like a toy. When it's on the ground it can't go anywhere!" he barked to his fellow hunter.

The white brute continued racing along side the elk calf, it had slowed considerably, the brute barked at it, gaining it's attention, the Calf's head lowered. Seeing the opportunity Falco lunged, regardless of the fact that he took off the wrong paw, he snapped his jaws around their target, the Calf's throat. He pulled down tore at the flesh trying to remain out of the way of it's hooves, though his body caught a few as it slowed up and stopped. Falco continued to sink his jaws around it's throat, the crimson liquad quickly covering his muzzle and head, making their way down his bodice. The calves head continued to lower, giving in slowly to the wolf's grip on it's tender throat, slowly suffocating. The white wolf attached to it's throat growled deeply as it tugged it's prey to the ground, he loosened his grip slightly before clenching his jaws tighter around the Calf's windpipe. The earthly wolf Akers continued to help with bringing it to the ground, stopping it from getting up and pulling away. The liveliness in the elk's eye started to dull, in attempt to draw it's final breath the last signs of life completely faded. The hunter let go, panting, his jaws aching from the intensity of which he had to hang onto the calf with, his white pelt painted red with the blood of the prey. He flopped himself back on his haunches as he drew air in with his long tongue. During the hunt, when he had lunged for the Calf's neck, it had winded him with a hoof to his belly, now he was catching up on the oxygen debt he owed. His chest started to ache and burn as he sat catching his breath. It wasn't the first time that this had happened.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 2:34 am

Akera, hearing Falco's orders, fell back towards the backside of the calf. She lunged at it, latching on as blood filled her mouth. In a synchronized movement, she and the male both pulled at the same instant, bringing the animal towards the ground. As it fell, Akera tried her best to avoid the flailing hooves. She felt a sharp pain by her eye, but dismissed it and kept her hold on the calf. Slowly but surely, the animal stopped moving. The female extracted her fangs from her prey, licking the blood off her lips. She smiled instantly.

That was the first good hunt she had in a long while. Though the small deer she hunted earlier had satisfied her hunger, it left some hunting fun to be desired. Akera looked to Falco, still smiling widely. As she panted, catching her breath, she spoke. "Wow. Great job. How was I?" She looked to him questioningly. She liked to hear the feedback, so she would know if she needed to improve. As she was waiting for the response, she felt a sharp painful twinge underneath her eye. She winced a bit. It felt rather warm. She licked her cheek and tasted her own blood, not the elk's. The calf had gotten her with his hoof, right under her left eye. She was thankful now that it was only a calf, otherwise the injury would have been much worse. But she could feel the small cut swelling a bit. She pushed it aside however. She actually didn't feel it much at all. Akera wondered whether that was a good or bad sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 28th 2011, 3:11 am

Falco watched as Akera let go of the elk carcass as well. The white tainted crimson brute soon caught his breath and stopped his panting, he got to his paws and walked back to the carcass, as if studying it. He swished his long tail, as he looked over the body of the calf.

"Wow. Great job. How was I?"

Akera's voice rung through his sensitive ears. He lifted his head but didn't shift his eyes from the carcass "You did- he spoke and looked up to her, seeing her eye swell and was covered in blood. He frowned and leapt to her side. "Akera you're-" he stopped and dug his nose into the cold snow quickly, before lifting his head back up and putting his nose to under her eye, the snow catching on Akera's fur, cooling the swelling. "You're hurt, But you have done wonderfully today.... I'm sorry about your eye" he smiled before looking to his paws, as he blamed himself for his newest hunter to get hurt.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 3:20 am

Akera watched with her emerald eyes as Falco hurriedly scooped some snow with his nose and pressed it to her eye. "You're hurt, But you have done wonderfully today.... I'm sorry about your eye" She beamed at the male. All she wanted was approval from the lead hunter and she had gotten it. She watched as he looked to his paws, seeming a bit ashamed. She spoke, joy leaking into her voice. "Don't worry about it! I can't even feel it. And it wasn't your fault. These things happen all the time on hunts. I'll just get a Scholar to look at it later." Her tail wagged a bit in excitement. "I did good? I'm so glad. I'm really happy I could help out the pack. And thanks for hunting with me! I know I'm new at elk, but hopefully I'll get the technique down fast!" She gave him another gleaming smile. She was very happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 3:25 am

"Why did you lie about being my sister?"

She sighed a bit, she looked up at her but then looked back at the snow. "I don't know.. I guess I've been a bit afraid to tell you still since you've been looking for me for years now. I've tried my best to look for you but I couldn't find you. I've finally given up and decided to join a pack. A couple years passed and I still couldn't find one, I've been wounded a bit from fighting other pack members because they didn't want to accept me. Now I've traveled far to this pack and I never knew you were going to be there until now I've figured it out. I've missed you a lot and.. I don't want to loose you again." She said. She looked up at her, giving her a short smile, continuing on with her talking. "And now I've found you and I'm glad I did." She said quietly as her tail began to wag side to side in happiness, making it sweep the snow a couple of times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 3:29 am

Mahina smiled, moving her head to rest it on Luminah's shoulders. "Well we're here together now and nothing is going to separate us, not even death." Her tail wagged happily. "I could never ask for a better little sister." She closed her hazel eyes, tired from the hectic day. "Here we start new Luminah. Forget our past and look towards the future."

[ Unoriginal Speech, I haz it ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 4:07 am

She smiled as her sister rested her head on top of her shoulder. She rested her head on her paws, her light brown paws covered with alabaster snow as she rested her head on top. Her right ear twitched constantly as snowflakes fell on top repeatedly, taking in a sigh.

"Well we're here together now and nothing is going to separate us, not even death."

She laughed at that part, she knew how much Mahina loved her. "Right." "I could never ask for a better little sister." Her ears flattened, that made her wanted to say, aww, but that's when she continued on. "Here we start new Luminah. Forget our past and look towards the future." Mahina was right, it was time to start a new life and refresh. Luminah had to completely forget about the past and start a new life with Mahina, her sister. Now that, is what Luminah wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 4:24 am

Mahina smiled as her breathing got slower and slower, as sleep started to take her over. It wasn't until she didn't want to move did she realize she was falling asleep, and within a few minutes dreams started to drive her train of thought. The female's tail wagged happily in her sleep. For once in her life, everything was as it should be. She was with her sister, in the place she called home. It felt like home, it was home.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWgAgrqywE ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 28th 2011, 6:26 am

"Don't worry about it! I can't even feel it. And it wasn't your fault. These things happen all the time on hunts. I'll just get a Scholar to look at it later." Her tail wagged a bit in excitement. "I did good? I'm so glad. I'm really happy I could help out the pack. And thanks for hunting with me! I know I'm new at elk, but hopefully I'll get the technique down fast!"

Falco smiled briefly as Akera said not to worry about her eye. But he did, slightly, She was part of his group and was his responsibility. He gave a small nod, to agree with what she had said. He shook his coat and stood back, gaining his breath to call the pack together for the food.

He lifted his head and howled strongly, calling for the pack, or rather those who were hungry to come and feast from the elk calf. Falco sat back on his haunches, and waited, mainly to see if any higher ranks decided that they were hungry and wanted to eat first. He looked back to Akera and thought over what she spoke "You seem to learn very quick, Akera. You are a great hunter, and have done very well today considering that this is only your second time hunting an elk" he smiled and his tail swished across the snow, leaving a long sweeping mark behind him.

Calling all those wishing to eat, to come to Falco and Akera, (Falco howled) for those who are hungry =D
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 9:10 am

Marlie watched the wolves around her. She was very curious as to who they might be. The female tilted her head slightly, as none of the few wolves she saw had noticed her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 10:51 am

Ninja's ears perked to the sound of Falco's howl. He was really hungry and wanted food and knew this was his chance to get some. The brute rose to his feet and followed the sound of the howl, where Falco and Akera were standing. Ninja waited till he was told he could eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 1:19 pm

Marlie caught sight of a new male. She finally decided to aprroach. She looked at the wolves around her. "I am Marlie." she introduced herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 2:44 pm

Akera listened as the male howled to let the pack know there was food. She flushed with happiness as she heard Falco's thoughts of her. Her tail wagged fiercely. Her emerald eyes scanned the snow for any pack members who were hungry. She saw a male wander up towards them, waiting to be told he could eat. Akera knew she didn't really have the authority. She didn't know how things worked around here. So she glanced to Falco, wondering what he would say. He could be waiting to see if any higher ranking members desired to eat. That was what they did in her old pack. Highest ranking members first. Akera's mouth watered a little as she waited. Though she had just hunted yesterday, the hunt had taken great energy and she needed to replenish it. But she waited, minding her manners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 2:52 pm

>> Link

Link's ears swivelled forward at the howl that echoed throughout the area. The smell of blood and death filled his nose, and his belly snarled at him, scratching his insides with dagger like claws. He leaped to his paws and ran through the tightly packed trees, the smell of blood getting closer and richer. His eyes danced as the images of blood splattered on snow filled his vision, and he so badly wanted to leap forward and tear the elk open. But he stopped. Snow skidded from beneath his paws and he glanced around, his eyes sad. He was not part of this pack. And his mind filled with doubt. Link slowly hid behind a tree that was tightly packed with other trees, staring at the carcass and the three wolves who waited.

Link sat on his haunches and slid onto his belly, his fur blending in with the snow as he laid his head upon his paws and watched the wolves with hungry eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 4:24 pm

Akera's ears pricked as she heard another wolf approaching. But then the sound stopped. She looked around for the wolf, but they never walked towards the food. The female was sure there was a wolf out there. And by the scent, it was a loner. She looked to Falco for a minute. "I'll be right back" And she started to walk towards where the scent was coming from. Getting closer to the trees, she watched for any movement. Her eyes saw none. Though from the scent, she knew there was a male wolf a little ways away from her. She couldn't see the loner, but, being the friendly wolf she was, she walked up to the edge of the trees nevertheless. Keeping her distance a bit, Akera spoke in a inquisitive tone. "Hello. Who might you be?" She felt like she was talking to thin air for she couldn't find him. But she knew he was there. "Do you want to come out? I'd love to talk."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 5:05 pm

Marlie turned her attention to a female talking to a male. She tilted her head in curiosity, but turned back to the male. She looked at Ninja, wondering who he was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 5:14 pm

Elysia didnt move her gaze away from Taru's as her friend looked at her. Elysia knew what Taru was doing. It was what Taru - and friends like Taru - did. She was analyzing, and understanding. She was looking at Elysia and finding what was wrong. She could look and search and compare. There was normal Elysia, and post-Gale Elysia. All Taru had to do was find the differences. And Taru had found them, Elysia knew she had. Elysia wanted to talk to Taru about it, confess everything, but she couldnt bring herself to do it. She wondered for a moment, if Taru would turn on her. Would Taru be disgusted by Elysia's actions? Any pain or violation Elysia was feeling right now was her own fault. She had listened to Gale, let him mess with her mind. She had let him escape. She had been why he didnt talk to Maiara. She was the cause of all the tension. She was the source of Rune's anger. That last one hit her the hardest. She never wanted to make Rune, or Maiara, angry.

Elysia's thoughts were interrupted when Taru lunged, gently pinning Elysia to the ground. Elysia smiled, but her smile was small. She didnt bother trying to struggle. Even though Taru was small, she was bigger than Elysia. She had enough weight to keep Elysia pinned. She wrinkled her nose as Taru licked her face. Her chuckle was quiet, but it was there. She rolled her eyes, tilting her face up at Taru. "How come everytime I get within ten feet of you, I end up getting my face licked?" Elysia did not like spit. She did not like drool. But Taru licked her. It was almost the same as a bark hello at this point. So normal. If anyone else came up and licked Elysia's face, she would not be happy. And it wouldnt quite be the same. Her relationship, her close friendship, with Taru was strong. Strong enough that Elysia would deal with having her face licked a few times.

Elysia rolled onto her side, knowing Taru would let her up. She stood, shaking the snow from her bracken fur. She sat back down, curling her tail around her paws. Her ears perked as she heard a howl, Falco's. The hunting party had caught something, but Elysia wasnt in the mood for food. As she looked around, she realized there were quite a few new faces. Mahina was talking with another female excitedly. There had been the male Taru had been speaking with earlier. But by scent, there were a few more hanging around. Elysia shook her head slightly. It was not a good time for acceptance, but of course now was the time that member poured in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 28th 2011, 5:15 pm

Falco nodded to Akera as she quickly trotted off. He looked to Ninja as he approached. "How are you Ninja?" he said cheerfully, his tail still sweeping across the snow. He stretched his long limbs out in front of him, ears perked towards the brute that had approached. His ears twitched at Akera's voice not to far off, there seemed to be a few lone wolves around lately. Falco laid in the cool snow, rolling around in it, getting the crimson stains off his pelt. His fur soon became damp, and the blood transferred from his pelt into the snow. Once he got up, and shook the remains of the snow from his pelt, looking much more like Falco than before.

The hunter lifted his head once more and howled, calling those who were hungry in the pack to come and get food. He looked back to Ninja and spoke again "Shouldn't be too long, just have to wait and see if theres any higher ranks coming to eat" he forced a smile before sitting again and scratching his ear.

Last call for anyone who wants food =)
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena July 28th 2011, 6:04 pm

Adena

-
-
Now she was downright confused. So they hadn't noticed her? She shrugged her shoulders lightly, the long, dark, red-tinted fur on it moved like a breeze. She got their tactic. She had seen it before. Ignore the loner and she won't bother us. It hadn't worked the last time. She had walked right up to a wolf and asked to join the pack. He, of course, nearly bit her head off. She didn't want that reaction from the pack. And perhaps they didn't even accept loners?

Turning on her cream paws, Adena walked from the clearing. But not before she heard a howl. A few wolves had gone toward where it came from, but not many. Adena watched, confused at what was happening. Perhaps it was a hunt that had brought the prey down? Probably, because the howl didn't arise any of the agitaion a howl signaling intruders might. All the wolves here seemed relaxed, they hardly seemed to see her. Am I invisible or what? she thought looking around. No one acknowledged her at all. The thought disturbed her. She hadn't recieved a single glance from any of the many wolves gathered.

Her initial thought was that these wolves were ill. But they seemed in perfect condition, even two faes were playing. Some were convesing and others had gone towards the howl. Adena didn't move. She stood gazing around at the pack, amazed. Not a single wolf had shown signs of detecting her nor her scent. But Adena wasn't one to be in the darkness. She had to speak to someone, to see what was going on. And perhaps enquire if she may join. After all, it may be just possible; not many of the wolves seemed to be related. Some - she noticed - were in fact loners like herself. Adena looked around for someone who looked like they held authority. Then again, no one looked like they wanted her here. Lurking about didn't seem to be doing the trick either. Now Adena was stumped. What to do? Should she really pad up to someone and ask for an alpha, ask to join? The thought seemed so unatural to her. But standing stone-still wouldn't help either.

But she found the situation slightly amusing. here she was, a complete stranger to these wolves, and they barely look at her? But it was bad for a pack to be quite so bad at laying down the law. The others noticed immediately when this pack seem quite... well, unconcerned about a stranger in their midst. It was most disturbing, even quite odd. It confused her to a great amount and still she stood, ears perked to see what might they do next. The situation seemed quite comical to her. Though the matter of running a pack was not in any way a laughing matter. Adena took a few more steps towards the bulk of the pack. Her head lowered unthreateningly to shoulder level and she kept a cool silver gaze on them. She was quite near now. Surely they couldn't ignore her any longer.
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 28th 2011, 6:19 pm

Falco looked around and noticed the pack members walking around, some playing and others just chatting. He shot a glance to Ninja "Help yourself to the food, I'm going to check somethig out" he got to his paws and followed a curious lone scent he hadn't smelt before, he knew it wasn't part of the pack because, most of the pack wolves had similar scents, other than those who were new to join but even thy had fair scents of the Banishing Winds to them.

The lead huger followed his keen nose, and soon spotted it's source, a russett colored female (Adena). He tilted his head and approached the female. He looked her up and down, knowing he hadnt seen this wolf before. And she definitely wasn't part of the Banishig Winds. He continued forth, trudging through the snow, a little tired after the hunt.

"Hello, I'm Falco, Lead hunter of the Banishing Winds. Can I help you at all? Are you wishing to join us?" he was always forth speaking, he just hoped that he didn't bombard the female with his presence and miniture speech. He smiled friendly and wagged his tail happily. His ever friendly disposition always shown. His ears perked as his long tail swayed behind him, with a mind of it's own.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next