Dakota
Skye
Gale
11 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 20 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Guest August 10th 2011, 12:02 pm

Shadow padded into camp. She sat down and curled her tail around her paws. The white raven landed in a nearby tree and watched the camp. When no one noticed her, Shadow laid down to sleep. But sleep avoided her so she got up and wondered around, looking for someone to talk to. It seemed everyone was busy. Feeling rejected, Shadow curled up to sleep under a tree.
Lame. X.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota August 10th 2011, 4:43 pm

"Hello,Taru.Im Jacob,nice to meet you."

Taru flicked her ears in a sense of boredom. Loners always seemed to say the same things, however, her smile never wavered on her muzzle. Her pale eyes watched all of his body, analyzing the many body movements that could signal emotion. It was the most obvious smile that made her happiest. Jacob appeared to be relieved that she had not been cruel or nasty about their meeting. Taru hoped that meant that he would not think bad of her or the pack. "Welcome to the Banishing Winds Pack territory. What brings you here, Jacob?" her voice was light, warm with welcome.

Her eyes flashed, looking to his tail as it swayed. This was another good sign, perhaps he felt at ease in the territory. However, with so many wolves, it was difficult to feel a sense of relief when you were new to the group. With the tension still thick as hot blood, especially with Gale's sudden reappearence, it was hard for even Taru to grasp a sense of calmness herself. Her smile and relaxed posture was the only front she could manage at the time.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 10th 2011, 6:30 pm

(I'm going to say Elysia fell asleep while I was on EFA)

Elysia slowly blinked open her eyes. At first, things were blurry. She rubbed her face against her paws, flicking her ears as she did so. She finally raised her head, gazing around. The warmth that was Taru had vanished from her side. Elysia felt a pang of loneliness without her friend. She was so used to Taru's constant company that her absense was especially evident. She glanced to every group. A new female who had been speaking with Rune was looking around the clearing. That wasnt Taru. Elysia breathed in, she could still smell Taru's faint scent. There. She was talking to a strange male. Part of being a delta. Taru had duties now, duties that made her different from Elysia. Elysia realized something with a start. It was something she had known, but hadnt really sunk in until that moment. Taru was Elysia's dominant. They were on different levels now. What did that mean for their friendship? Taru had more in common now with Kira and Soran, Rune and Maiara. Not Elysia. She was a delta, with a high rank and importance within the pack.

Elysia laid her head back on her paws, dissapointment flowing through her. She turned her gaze away from Taru. She had wanted to talk to her Rabbit Buddy. Elysia had had the strangest dream. She dreamed Gale returned. That he had submitted to Rune and was being civil. Yet through the whole thing, she had dreamed Gale was watching her. Elysia rolled her shoulders. The dream had been so realistic. She could almost feel his eyes on her right then. As if he was still watching her. No. It was all in her mind. Wait. Now she could scent him. The strong smell of cedars and something else she couldnt identify. She swung her head around wildly. His scent was mixed with Rune - as it had been in her dream. This couldnt be happening. Not really at least. Maybe she was still asleep? No, her stomach was cold. She wasnt asleep. Finally her eyes found them, or more appropriately, him. Gale. He was here. Not a dream. He was talking to Rune, and not being threatening like he had been before. But his eyes, they were on her. Again. Always on her.

Elysia stood, her eyes hardening. She set her shoulders, tensing her legs. Her eyes narrowed in something close to but not quite a glare. Her eyes were trained on Gale, but now only held suspicion and distrust. She padded slowly, pausing at Rune's side. Rune couldnt seriously be thinking about tolerating Gale's presence. Elysia's lip curled ever so slightly, the faintest growl rumbling threateningly in her throat. She wouldnt be manipulated this time. She wouldnt be his prey to toy with. This was a side of Elysia that Gale - that no one in the pack - had seen. Gale, for better or worse, had changed Elysia. She stood slightly behind Rune, giving way to his authority but making her opinions clear. She wanted Gale gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara August 10th 2011, 8:11 pm

As Maiara waited for Rune's response to Gale's request, she realized that Elysia now had finally noticed his returned presence. Her eyes flickered over to her, and registered a subtle surprise. The small, lively, sweet wolf was not to be found in her features. A low growl rising up from her, she obviously opposed to the male joining. She couldn't blame her.

She supposed that she could spare Elysia, and the pack, the trouble and refuse him herself. It could prove to be a smart move. But she didn't doubt his genuine wish to join the pack. And that aside, it needed to be Rune's choice this time.

She quietly moved over to Elysia and touched her nose to the female's muzzle reassuringly. Rune would make a choice good for the pack. Odds were, things would turn out fine even if he was accepted. And if it turned out that he was granted unworthy acceptance, well she wouldn't deny Elysia the first chance to attack.

(short...meh)
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale August 11th 2011, 2:11 am

Gale continued to stand there in silence, his green eyes never leaving Rune even as he heard the growl come from Elysia. So, he had accomplished what he had always intended. Getting inside of her mind had been easy, almost child's play but twisting what she thought was right and wrong proved difficult. He needed to say the right thing if he wanted to convince her to show a different side. Maybe the true side of Elysia. The one that had been hidden beneath her smiling and always friendly demeanour. Though, he suddenly believed he should have left well enough alone. She was not the wolf he thought she'd turn out to be, rather she was colder and possessed a darker side like Gale himself. But she did not carry the aura he did nor did she always maintain this facade.

That's when Gale realized that the true Elysia was gone. She was lost underneath his mind games and now this Elysia had surfaced. All he intended to do was discreetly convince her to start her own light and forget about her sister's ghost. That plan had backfired. Horribly. If he stayed here, there could be a chance that he could explain his intentions to her but thinking that was far easier than doing. Even if he left, would she lose this part of her? For the first time, he hoped that she would. It was wrong to see her like this.

Rather than allow his eyes to travel to Elysia's, they went to Maiara's and conveyed an apology. The apology was full of different meanings: the fact that he left Maiara standing there, threatening her mate, causing such chaos within the pack, and assisting in the creation of the new Elysia. The warrior, even if he had to leave, would share his apologies with the alpha female verbally. Perhaps she would not view him as the wolf that seemed to create destruction wherever he went. Maybe she would understand his reasoning behind everything that had happened. His intentions were pure, but his means of obtaining them were not. Would she see this? If the veil that blocked most communication between him and another was thin, maybe she would. He hoped she would.

At the moment, it seemed easier for him to just withdraw his request and leave the territory. The pack would return to normal and would be better off without his interferance. Look what he had done already. Nothing seemed to ever come of his appearance but hate, distrust and pain. It would be so easy for him to depart without another word and allow everything to return to normal.

"Rune. I do wish to join but I can see that I am not welcome here by many of your family." Gale said the words clearly in his quiet voice and looked at all the wolves that still surrounded him. The dark aura still surrounded him at this time but it was less noticable now. "I think it would be simpler and better for the two of us if I just withdrew my request and left the territory. I truly hope that the damage I have caused can be repaired with my leaving. This family of yours is already near perfection based on the trust between all of you but if you threw me into the fray, bonds would suffer. I don't want to do that to you or anyone else here. You all deserve more than what I have done and for that, I am sorry."

The warrior took ten steps backwards and looked between everyone again, his gaze finishing on Elysia's. She needed an apology that came solely for her. "Elysia, you cannot fathom how much I regret changing you. I just wanted you not to be cast in the shadows that your sister created. You needed to become a star in your own light. I never intended for it to turn out this way where you forgot who you were. It is to you that I extend my deepest apologies to."

Gale inhaled a deep breath before a small, sad smile made its presence known on his face. It was time for him to leave now. His words may not mean much to anyone, but they were sincere. Never had he been more truthful in his life and now it marked the end. To find a pack would become the first thing on his list of things to do after this. Either that or find a mate and settle down somewhere. From watching the Banishing Winds, he learned all about pack life and what being in a family meant.

Dipping his head lowly, he turned and headed towards the river. His throat had begun to burn and crave the refreshing relief that only cold water could give. Lowering his head, he dipped his muzzle into the liquid and began to drink.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 11th 2011, 10:33 am

Jade had been watching this exchange with much curiosity. The male, though he was talking to Rune, had his eyes on Elysia. Finally, she woke up and saw Rune talking to this wolf. She recognized him, and you could tell they were not on excellent terms. Elysia walked to Rune’s side and snarled quietly. The male quietly left and took a drink from the stream. Jade tried to piece together what had happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira August 11th 2011, 4:02 pm

The ebony female stood silently a few feet from Rune, watching Altair's relentless attempts to speak with the alpha before he eventually returned to her side. Her icy orbs turned to her mate slowly, a smile spreading on her muzzle. Even if it had put them both in an odd situation with Rune, he had alas been accepted into the pack and that was great news to the female. She was pulled from her thoughts when she heard Elysia's growl. It was much like it had been with Silver, such an odd noise coming from the normally quiet and thoughtful female, both being provoked by none other than hatred towards Gale. The beta watched silently as Gale left yet again, both relief and disappointment settling in.

(trying to get back into the swing of things Razz typing on this iPod is indeed proving to push my patience >.<)
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 12th 2011, 5:59 pm

Hazel walked around and had little to say she saw her friend Akera but she looked like she was doing something she did not want to disturb her. She decided she would find someone to talk to. There she spotted someone sitting alone. Black fur and blue eyes, she though her name was Kira or Kara something along those lines. She was sure they did not meet and she decided they should. She walk up to the fae and Hello I am Soske! I am pretty sure we have not met before and so I though I say hi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune August 12th 2011, 11:28 pm

..Please wrap up any important post now as this will be locked tomorrow morning (August 13th) when I come get back on..
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune August 13th 2011, 6:06 pm

-Locking-
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 20 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20