Silver
Dakota
Rune
9 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 11 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Guest January 9th 2011, 6:35 pm

"I don't mean to interrupt, but..." Mahina came to a stop beside Rune, panting. Her back and paws were covered in dust and her ears were pinned back in panic. "The creek is.. gone." She gave a sheepish grin, eyes closing for a few seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2011, 10:55 pm

Derek stood still as Queen spoke to him. He had seen this coming for quite a while now, and still had no clue what to say. And added to the recent trauma he felt overwhelmed. He didn't know what to say or what to do. When he over heard Mahina speaking about the creek being gone he felt that he could buy himself a few more minutes to think his response over. "I don't want you to think that i am rejecting you right now, but i have to think about this. Please allow me that time and i will try to tell you how i feel as soon as possible." He said rising to his feet he moved to where Rune and Mina now stood with pain. "Did i overhear correctly? The creek is gone?" He asked.

(That was a very poor post and what i wanted to say did not come out right. But i don't have time to re post i have to go.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2011, 10:59 pm

Queen nodded sadly, "Alright Derek." she replied with a low whimper. She turned as he walked off, walking to a little cave sighing, 'I've waited, and I can wait longer.' she sighed, looking down as she lay down, falling asleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2011, 11:01 pm

"Dry as the sahara." Mahina looked over to Derek, her ears still pinned back and her eyes wide. What would this mean for the pack? If the creek was gone, surely some bad things would happen. The femme scolded herself in her mind that she hadn't noticed the drought awhile ago. How could she be so stupid?! She visited the creek everyday, and now it was completely gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira January 10th 2011, 7:21 pm

Kira tilted her head as she heard that the creek was dry. The beta trotted over silently, feeling uneasy as the emotional atmosphere around her quickly changed. She looked over to Rune, waiting to hear his response. She quickly found that her own ears had began laying flat with worry.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 10th 2011, 7:48 pm

Silver walked through the ever dimming forest, her light gray and white paws swishing through the grass. She had no purpose to be in there, just mindlessly padding along. The pups were frolicking merrily around her paws, yipping and squealing as they were tackled by each other. She had almost tripped over them a large handful of times.

"The creek is.. gone."

Silver's ears flicked forward at these words, as it processed in her mind she realized whom had spoken them. She looked down to her pups anxiously, realizing she nearly had ran forward and to Mina and the others without them. Without warning, and a couple squeals of surprise, she whisked Opalo and Kalos onto her back, and grabbed Hoku in her mouth. Both of the pups on her pack knew what she was doing, and grabbed mouth-fulls of her medium length fur at her shoulders and hung on for
dear life.

She lurched forward, doing her best to be as smooth as possible as the galloped through the trees. Everything became a green and brown blur, including her. She
felt Kalos and Opalo bobbing up and down as she did so, but her fur held, and they stayed firmly planted on her back. She slid to a grinding stop as she neared them, settling right next to Kira. The took notice subconsciously of Derek, it was a new instinct she had gained by becoming a mother, she was more aware of her surroundings.

"D-dry?" she said, stuttering. Her green eyes began to blaze like green flames, with
ferocity and worry for her pups.
(That was a fun to write!

Last edited by Lady Liver Of Thy Oreos on January 10th 2011, 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 10th 2011, 8:39 pm

Karma was startled to here the surprises of the pack and made a bee-line for the creek. To her confusion, it was dry. No sign of soft mud that might contain trapped water. Nothing. She took notice of Queen looking quite sullen and dejected in her nap, wondering how she could sleep at a time like this. She stood next to Silver, who had with her her pups. "How could this happen? The summer only just started," she questioned aloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 10th 2011, 8:51 pm

(Silver pups do not ride on wolves' backs. Please edit your post.)

Incendiu smiled at Dakota and then looked down again for a third time. Little Atita had the same deep blue eyes flecked with light green he had when he was a pup. Through her brown coat he didn't recognize any markings, and her personality was shy and calm. He was interested, yes, but there was no need to worry. Inc's ears perked when he heard a sudden disturbance in the pack. His eyes turned serious and he gave a questionable glance at his mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 10th 2011, 9:16 pm

"It must have started mid spring, afterall I don't remember many storms." Mahina looked over to Silver, seeing also a few other pack members gathering around. "There must be some way to fix it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune January 10th 2011, 10:46 pm

iMina wrote:"I don't mean to interrupt, but..." Mahina came to a stop beside Rune, panting. Her back and paws were covered in dust and her ears were pinned back in panic. "The creek is.. gone." She gave a sheepish grin, eyes closing for a few seconds.

As Rune heard Mahina's words, he turned around quickly and took in her expression and body language. Surely, the Delta would not be lying about such a serious matter, but the idea of the Westward creek actually disappearing...was simply absurd. "Are you positive there is nothing there?" He questioned as a hint of worry began to show in his words. Although, once he took note of its appearance Rune quickly tried to put it aside and remain calm.

"That is true we did experience quite a few of those days without rain. Still at least some of the snow in the mountains should have melted and flowed into the creek. Seeing as that is a good part of our water source." Rune stated as he tried his best to maintain a calm tone, but even then, he could not completely push aside the worry. For he knew the Westward Creek was the only water the territory had ever really possessed.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 10th 2011, 10:52 pm

"Nothing at all, you can't even dig and find something. There may be a few puddles, but I didn't see anything around where I fell." Mahina dared to look at the distant mountains, but couldn't find them through the trees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 12:33 am

"What do we do Rune? If what Mina says is true and i for one don't doubt her word then we need to investigate further, maybe even send a party out to see how far this extends." he cast a worried glance at the wolves gathered not wanting to step out of his bounds but to distracted by the thought of no water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 11th 2011, 2:47 am

"How...?" Silver whispered, trailing off. In the middle of the faint word she had realized by the looks on everyone's faces that no one had an answer. Her ears pinned firmly to the sides of her head, and her tail went completely limp.

She set Hoku down, and the pup only turned to face the middle of the group, in the same direction that Silver was looking, and looked up with a look of sorrow. She may have been a pup, but she wasn't stupid enough to figure out what they were speaking of.

"How does a creek just disappear? I thought that was impossible!" The pup said, yet her voice was quiet and high pitched compared to the others.

I lost two of my siblings to a drought. Silver thought as she looked at Hoku. What if that happened to her, or Kalos and Opalo? She didn't want any of her pups to suffer like she had as a pup. Her eyes darkened, and she lowered her head slightly.

"This is a night mare. " she whispered, and then continued in an even softer voice; "History repeats itself."

Last edited by ☾ƨɪʅvєɾ۞ɱơơɲʅɪʛɦƭ☽ on January 11th 2011, 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because big bird told me to and he is my leader.)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran January 11th 2011, 7:06 am

"What do we do Rune? If what Mina says is true and i for one don't doubt her word then we need to investigate further, maybe even send a party out to see how far this extends."

The voices of the Alpha and Deltas could be plainly heard from where Soran was sitting a few feet away. Though it sounded true, how could a whole creek bed dry up in hardly any time at all? With so many members and six young pups, water was essential. "I wouldn't mind volunteering for that." The male said as he padded up besides Mahina, a worried expression still stuck to his face.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 10:10 am

Queen got up and padded over. "I'll go. I can do something, which is better than nothing." she said, sitting down and swishing her tail. "I say Derek is right, some people should go and see where it all went, maybe the beavers are making their dams?" she asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara January 11th 2011, 2:41 pm

Maiara listened intently as Mahina described the oddity of the disappearance of the creek water. It troubled her that their main source of hydration had suddenly disappeared. And judging by the startled looks of the other pack members as they heard of the dilemma, she wasn't the only one.

"...we need to investigate further, maybe even send a party out to see how far this extends."

"I say Derek is right, some people should go and see where it all went, maybe the beavers are making their dams?"

"I don't think that it could have been beavers Queen. We'd have noticed the slow decline in flowing water, instead of this unsuspected occurance. Although that is something that should be considered as a possiblility I suppose...I'll join in as well. This is something I'd like to see for myself." Maiara commented in a tone of confidence that she didn't feel. She had grown up around water, and considered herself to be fairly knowledgable in its ways. But she had never known an entire creek to dry up entirely to the rocky bed before, especially not without notice.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 3:37 pm

"If it is possible i too would like to go." He said looking to the alpha and asking permission. He hoped she would let him go, it would do go for him to take his mind off some things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 11th 2011, 3:55 pm

Silver's ears flicked backqwards, as she ignored the urge to voulenteer to go as well. With three pups, she knew she'd only be a problem. She shook her head, letting her mind race and try to think of possibilities on what happened.

"Maybe it was a humans. " she said, "They have built dams better than even the beavers at times. "
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 6:16 pm

Queen nodded " sorry I'll keep quite but i will go; should we split in twos?" she asked looking to Maiara she looked at Derek and smiled slightly she shook her head,'i think i could use seem time to explore' she sat down And listenEd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 6:39 pm

"We would have to travel upstream." Mahina looked to Rune. "If I could also go? I'm pretty sure there is a human settlement outside of our borders up there. The same place I was kept at if I am correct."

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara January 11th 2011, 7:02 pm

"If it is possible I too would like to go."

"Yes Derek, of course you can come, it'll be good to have an extra set of eyes and ears."
Maiara responded, nodding slightly. After Derek's long absense, it would be a good way for him to become readjusted to being around others. And she sensed something about him that needed some time away from the crowds and noise of the main den site.

"Maybe it was a humans. " she said, "They have built dams better than even the beavers at times. "

"Maybe Silver...maybe. I hate to think that humans would be on our land, but like I said, at this point in time, everything is a possibility." she responded seriously.

We would have to travel upstream." Mahina looked to Rune. "If I could also go? I'm pretty sure there is a human settlement outside of our borders up there. The same place I was kept at if I am correct."

"Sounds like a plan." Maiara commented, then turning to respond to Queen, who had also spoken.

Queen nodded " Sorry, I'll keep quite but I will go; should we split in twos?" she asked, looking to Maiara, and looked at Derek and smiled slightly.

The alphess considered this idea, it would be easier to search for the source of the creek's troubles with more people covering more ground.
"Good idea Queen. If need arises, we'll split into two groups."
here she hesitated a moment, carefully analyzing Queen's eager smile, and Derek's overall pensive demeanor. "Queen, you'll accompany Soran and Mahina. And Derek, you'll be in a group with me...." at this, she glanced over to Rune, and smiled warmly, "And of course, if Rune would grace us with his presence, I would have to steal him away and have him in my group as well."

(lame post, but I needed to reply to everyone)

Last edited by Empress Maiara on January 11th 2011, 8:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 7:16 pm

Aethos remained wary of the gathering pack from his place only yards away from the main den. Even though Rune had been kind enough to accept him, he was still apprehensive of the rest of the members, as they all seemed to be close to one another, something he wasn't used to. His tail flicked anxiously as bits and pieces of their conversation floated through the air and reached his dark brown ears. The newly assigned guard could tell that by the tension in the air, the conversation was flecked with worry and uneasiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 7:24 pm

Queen listened " alright, I may be a bit hyper because I like to explore" she said shaking at of the random ness she looked at Mahina and Soran "are we going to do it soon or no?" she asked and began shaking again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 7:36 pm

"We may have to start pretty soon." Mahina looked to Queen, before averting her gaze to Maiara. "We look for natural sources in our own territory in group, and then go as one big group outside the borders if it's not on our territory, correct? Or did I just add more to it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 11th 2011, 7:39 pm

Queen listened to Mahina she nodded and sober sitting down as she swisher her tail and got up walking off and rolling in the grass being bored " I hate humans" sh growled baring her fangs at the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next