Kira
Spirit
Silver
14 posters

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 10 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Kira August 28th 2011, 7:41 pm

"I'm alright," he replied warmly.. "I . . . acted out against Taru just before I found you. How about you? Are you alright?"

The beta tilted her head to the side as she assessed his words. He acted out? Against Taru? Did she hear correctly? "What?" she mumbled. "I mean, that's not like you.. What happened?" she asked, pushing aside his question for the time being. She was entirely absorbed with the fact that he acted rash to his friend.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota August 28th 2011, 7:54 pm

"My previous pack..." she paused, searching for the right word. "Well, for the time being, let's say that they dispatched. I had to find a new home, and your pack happened to be the first one I stumbled upon." Hopefully, Taru wouldn't need any more detail than that.

Sadly, Taru realized she needed to know more than what the loner had said. What if this pack hadn't dispersed, but been killed crazily by Chena? Or something dangerous like that? The delta could not let a wolf into the pack that could do any harm to the current members. She needed a reason why they had dispersed, and to know if this female had a violent past. If anything could cause a repressed violence to show and become expressed among the pack, it would be Taru's fault for letting her in. She took a breath before prying deeper into the sub-conscious of this particular loner.

"I'm afraid I need to know more. Was there any violence involved? Anything that could cause you to have repressed memories that could cause you to act out violently? I have to know if you are any threat to current members within this pack," Taru spoke with a delicate tone, careful of the fragile subject. Any possibility that Chena could be a threat had to be idenitifed and handled carefully. She flicked her tail, waiting on a reply.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye August 28th 2011, 7:57 pm

"What?" she mumbled. "I mean, that's not like you.. What happened?" she asked, pushing aside his question for the time being.

"That's definitely not like me." Altair agreed as he let his dark ginger eyes flatten against his skull. "I think I completely just lashed out. I'm not fully sure what I was thinking. Maybe it was because I held some emotions inside and they needed out in some way. I feel horrible about it."

The elite guard lowered his head and avoided Kira's questioning and confused gaze. They had only been mates for a little while; what if this led to the Betess having second thoughts? He dismissed that thought after a shake of his head. Kira wasn't like that.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 28th 2011, 8:11 pm

And Taru needed to know more, of course. Well, if Chena was going to be accepted by the pack, she would have to tell her exactly what happened. Every single bloody detail of that day poured out to someone who may as well be a complete stranger. And it was violent. What if Taru thought she was dangerous and didn't accept her? Then what would she do? She suddenly felt sick, not to mention horribly anxious. She couldn't go back to being alone, left with only her memories, but if Taru knew of her past, that was exactly what was going to happen. Subconsciously, she pawed at the ground, a habit that she had since she was a pup.

"Get comfortable." she said softly, shoulders slumping. "It's a long story." And she would tell it well, because this would probably be the last time that she ever spoke to Taru, or anyone in the Banishing Winds Pack, for that matter. It was a shame, really, because she had been hoping with all of her heart she wouldn't mess this up.

"My pack didn't disperse, exactly. They were...driven out, but it wasn't as civil as that. There...There was another pack, one that was growing silently, waiting for the right moment to strike. Their leader was a brutal wolf, one who did not know the meaning of the word 'mercy.' He...he led an attack on my pack." She shuddered, not wanting to go into any more detail than that. "Many wolves were killed on both sides, and the survivors of my pack fled, me included."

She took a deep breath, looking up at Taru with almost pleading amber eyes. "I would never hurt anyone because of something that happened in the past. I've moved on, which is why I wanted to start fresh and join a pack that I've never even heard of before. So yes, unfortunately my past was filled with much violence, but I would never harm a hair on another wolf's pelt because of that."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 28th 2011, 8:36 pm

[dohtml]<div align="center"><div style="width: 495px; background: url(https://2img.net/h/i327.photobucket.com/albums/k455/huskygirl154/scpkt.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #505050;"> <div style="font-family:tahoma; font-size: 11px; color: black; text-align: justify; padding: 15px; text-indent: 15px; line-height: 12px; padding-top:355px; border: 5px solid #A0A0A0">

The early morning sunlight peeked through the light fluffy clouds in the sky. Krylanceo was silently awaking from his slumber, though he regretted it. He lifted his head only to be smacked in the face by a low branch of a tree. He snorted not hurt but annoyed that the first thing he would wake up to was a rude tree. He tried once again and rose to his feet with no interruption from the rude tree that started his day off bad.

He lifted his nose to the sky and breathed in the crisp forest air, it was peaceful and the birds outside flew out of their trees enjoying the new morning sun. Perhaps it wouldn’t be such a bad day after all, regardless of the rude tree. He took a few slow steps forward and for once all was quite, he could focus.

His blind eyes seemingly scanned the area though his sense of hearing was doing all the work. he noticed the other wolves around him but chose to lead his own path. The conversation they were having probably was no his bussiness anyways. To his left was a family of rabbits munching away at some sort of shrub of foliage. They seemed to be unaware of his presence and he began stalking up to the bush getting ready to pounce on his breakfast.
"<font color='#A0A0A0'><b> Speak </b></font>"

<p> "<font color='#A0A0A0'><b> Speak </b></font>" </p> </div></div></div>[/dohtml]

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota August 29th 2011, 4:16 pm

"My pack didn't disperse, exactly. They were...driven out, but it wasn't as civil as that. There...There was another pack, one that was growing silently, waiting for the right moment to strike. Their leader was a brutal wolf, one who did not know the meaning of the word 'mercy.' He...he led an attack on my pack." She shuddered, not wanting to go into any more detail than that. "Many wolves were killed on both sides, and the survivors of my pack fled, me included."

As Taru's ears absorbed the horror story that spilled from Chena's mouth, she felt herself pull away slightly. Her neck strained as it slowly and tensely inched her away from the she-wolf. It was out of necessity, out of fear. She felt the caution and selfishness pulling her away. Taru wanted to be safe, sure of what was going to happen. She felt her body wanting to preserve itself, to keep itself away from harm. The words were telling of a dangerous past, one that frightened the delta.

"I would never hurt anyone because of something that happened in the past. I've moved on, which is why I wanted to start fresh and join a pack that I've never even heard of before. So yes, unfortunately my past was filled with much violence, but I would never harm a hair on another wolf's pelt because of that."

These new words took the atmosphere, dragging it in a new direction. It pulled Taru free from her fears, allowing her to reasses the situation. She smiled, these were the words she wanted to hear. "Thats enough, Chena. I believe your honesty about your intentions here, don't worry," she replied, nodding solemnly. Taru felt she knew this wolf better, and enough was enough about her past.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira August 29th 2011, 5:15 pm

"That's definitely not like me." Altair agreed as he let his dark ginger ears flatten against his skull. "I think I completely just lashed out. I'm not fully sure what I was thinking. Maybe it was because I held some emotions inside and they needed out in some way. I feel horrible about it."

Kira flattened her ears, feeling sympathetic. Yeah, he was the one who had done it, but the guilt was obviously making him sickened. "Don't be so hard on yourself, everyone has off days" she said, curling her ebony tail neatly to her side. A warm smile spread across her muzzle as she sat, hoping that her words would reassure him. She flicked her charcoal ears gently as her nose twitched lightly due to the sudden change in the winds direction.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 29th 2011, 5:54 pm

As she told her story, the pale hued she-wolf happened to notice Taru growing tense, presumably out of fear and distrust. Her hope shattered, but she pressured on nonetheless, much more morose than she had been only moments before. This was it. She may as well finish her tale and leave, just finish it.

But, as soon as she finished that second paragraph, where she more or less begged for acceptance, the Delta relaxed again, and in turn, Chena relaxed, though the image of the darker wolf's tense form was burned into the back of her mind. She knew that any other wolf she told her story to would react in the same fashion. Though Taru told her not to worry, worry she did.

Believing in her words was one thing, trusting her was another. And other wolves may not believe that she wouldn't hurt anyone because of some stupid war that happened in the past. Chena was all about new beginnings, and her clean slate had been broken by telling of her history so soon.

"I have a request, if you don't mind." Chena said, her dark amber eyes meeting the Delta's. "Please, don't speak of my history to any pack members, except for those you must--the Alphas and Betas, maybe. I do not want to be distrusted by others just because of my violent history. If I cannot be accepted into a pack because of an event that I couldn't control, I may as well leave right now." Her burning limbs protested to walking another step today, but Chena would leave if she had to, find another pack who would accept her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye August 30th 2011, 3:20 pm

"Don't be so hard on yourself, everyone has off days" she said, curling her ebony tail neatly to her side.

Altair knew that Kira was speaking the truth and therefore the male let the guilt slip to the back of his mind. Later would be the time to deal with it because right now it was time for him to enjoy the warm weather with his mate. Without the touch of winter, the land was warming up though with the thaw it led to the ground becoming mushy under paw.

"You never answered my question; how are you?" Altair lightly leaned on her.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira August 30th 2011, 4:44 pm

Kira smirked slightly, content with the fact that she had succeeded in making him let go of the guilt. She drug her front paw across the grass, eying the pattern it left behind.

"You never answered my question; how are you?" Altair lightly leaned on her.

Only upon hearing him speak did she lift her head. "Right" she laughed softly, "Im great" she said, a smile across her muzzle. Winter was indeed her favorite season, because there was always snow to play in and games to play, but spring could be fun too. Flowers would be blooming at random, Rune and Maiara's pups would soon be frolicking upon the den site, creating fun, amusement, or just plain havoc with each idea they had. And above all the warmth from the sun was relaxing when compared to winter's previous brutal grip.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 31st 2011, 4:30 am

"If you'd like, I could teach you how to get your jump to its fullest potential,"

Cinnamon was watching Gale so intently as he spoke that it took a few seconds for his words to register. When they did she gasped at the significance of the offer, something told her he did not make that offer to every strange female

"I would be honoured." She looked at her legs compared to his "Though I doubt I will ever be able to atain the power you manage."

Then she looked back at him. He seemed a decent wolf and had obviously been trying to regain his place in the pack when she landed in the middle. She was willing to be receptive to his friendship, or more she added mentally. Sher couldn't remain just with Soran and Spirit for friends
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran August 31st 2011, 5:54 pm

Soran released his breath as Elysia turned and left, immediately disappearing in the thicket. Whatever happened now, he would hope it would be for the better. The female deserved none of what Gale had given her since he had arrived in the territory last season, but even if she decided for him to stay, he would agree with her without confrontation. How had all this happen in the so few time between when they had first arrived? The first day had felt as though their troubles had drifted away on the breeze, yet here it was, returning as though to end the brief spell of peace.

Turning away from the direction Gale and Elysia had vanished, Soran paced away towards the cover of the low hanging trees; his brown fur brushing against the nettles as he expertly wove in and around thick bramble bushes, rough bark, and thorned blooms. In minutes, he heard the gurgling of water over rocks, and hurriedly pushed through the undergrowth to meet the small creek that wound through the territory. Small glimmers of sunlight shone through the canopy above, shining off the iridescent scales of small fish that swam through the more calm pools.

Relishing in the cool shade, Soran slowed his pace as he neared the edge of the water, allowing the cool liquid to run over his paws and clean away the muck and grime that lingered. Flopping his body down on the sandy bank, the male closed his eyes to rest, though sleep didn’t come. Instead, Soran found himself enjoying the silence and solitude, though how long it would last, he was unsure.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 31st 2011, 10:38 pm

Trotting through a meadow, Ice stopped at the treeline of a forest, the scent of a wolf pack emitted from within it, she spoke only to herself, "Perhaps they are friendly?" With a positive thought she began a quick run, stopping behind a shrub when she spotted a group of wolves, Ice felt a bit nervous now seeing so many wolves. She didn't want to directly walk in on them, so she hoped they'd just catch her scent. Until that happens she kept low behind the shrub and observed the various members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 1st 2011, 6:11 pm

"I would be honoured. Though I doubt I will ever be able to atain the power you manage."

"Don't compare yourself to me. It will only decrease your resolve to gain as much power as you can." Gale was already moving alongside Cinnamon as he spoke in his quiet voice. Only once he was beside her did he realize his mistake. So, in order to make his words seem friendlier, he added: "Of course, I'm sure that you'll do great."

His fur was inches away from hers since the male did not wish to touch her. The male straightened his body until it was as straight as an arrow shaft. All of his mass was equally balanaced on each paw and his muscles remained still. At first, Gale's body had shook with the effort of maintaining this pose but now, he was a master. All that the technique required was patience and a ton of practice.

"Okay, lower your back until it's completely straight and be sure to keep your shoulders down as well. Once you've done that, try and balance your weight on each paw. Gather yourself and leap." As Gale finished, he leapt powerfully and landed four feet away. Such a feat was difficult but most wolves were known for their ability to pounce around that distance.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 1st 2011, 9:27 pm

Ice was taken aback in surprise when a large male jumped close to where she lay hidden; in reaction she jumped backwards with a surprised yip. Afraid of being instantly attacked she cautiously backed away in a submissive posture, her body shook a bit with fright of the two wolves, if they attacked her she was done for... Ice was too afraid to speak, so she waited for the two strangers to speak first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 1st 2011, 10:20 pm

Shadow's sensitive ears zoned in on the sound of action. She got up and trotted in the direction of the sound. The deep indigo sky complemented Shadow's fur as she trotted through the budding trees of early spring. The scent of wolves grew stronger and Shadow saw a scene open up before her. A wolfess with black mottled white fur stood, her scent unafamiliar. Shadow instinctivily growled, announcing her presence.
Words spelled wrong, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 1st 2011, 10:31 pm

Hearing a low growl Ice's green eyes locked onto a dark female, Ice's ears went flat against her skull in fear, her body began to tremble some. Gathering her confidence Ice raised her head and perked up her ears, in a friendly tone she spoke while giving a friendly bow and wag of her tail, "Um, hi there... I'm, looking to join a pack. I sorta followed this pack scent here and i was wondering, would it be possible for me to join?" To show her loyalty Ice rolled onto her back belly up, it showed in her eyes that she wanted to belong in a pack, to make new friends, and hopefully become more confident in social situations. Ice awaited an answer from the dark she-wolf.

Its okay, sometimes i cant spell that great ether...

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver September 2nd 2011, 7:37 am

(Firefox has a built-in spell check, Shadow. Just keep that in mind. xD)

Silver stretched her long grey legs before her as a yawn gaped from her jaws. Her eyes watered slightly as she did so. She slowly woke, knowing if she stood too soon her stomach would take longer to catch up. Her pale green eyes were even more so covered now, her right eye's pupil was completely covered. Her left was getting there. The cataracts were still growing, and in only a week or two she would be blind as a human in pitch black. Using what was left of her left eye, she savored her sight for a few moments before standing up.

Soon I will no longer see. She thought, frowning. She moved forward, looking away from her direction. In hind sight, this was a bad idea. She didn't think of that. Well, until she tripped over Gale. Then she knew it was a bad idea, for a small growl at the male escaped her. His scent was very close to Baynes. Wait. It was Baynes. Had he met him? A glare of distrust from her settled onto Gale.

(Going off how you said Bayne had 'led' him here. xD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon September 2nd 2011, 9:49 am

"Don't compare yourself to me. It will only decrease your resolve to gain as much power as you can."

Cinnamon nodded noting that while Gale moved closer he made no effort to touch her. In fact it was quite the opposite, as if he was avoiding contact

"Of course, I'm sure that you'll do great."

She smiled at that encouragement then watched as he shifted position. Carefully she began to follow his instructions

"Okay, lower your back until it's completely straight and be sure to keep your shoulders down as well. Once you've done that, try and balance your weight on each paw. Gather yourself and leap."

She watched as he sprang forward effortlessly

Back straight... shoulders down... balance weight Her legs began to wobble with effort so she tensed as quickly as possible, springing forward awkwardly.

Suddenly Silver appeared next to Gale. Cinnamon twisted in midair to avoid the Master Scholar. Landing with her weight off centre her legs slid from beneath her and she hit the ground with a thump. the impact knocked the air from her lungs and she scrambled upright gasping

Not impressive Cinny she thought Not impressive at all

Seeing Silver glaring at Gale she hung back, though she longed to go forward and speak to them.

Last edited by Cinnamon on September 2nd 2011, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 2nd 2011, 11:38 am

Ice suddenly jumped back to her feet, many more wolves had appeared, this was making her more frightened by the minute, as well as a bit irritated, the wolves were mostly oblivious to her presence, except the dark female. Finally Ice could take it no more, her fur stood on end and she let out a sharp bark letting herself be known.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 2nd 2011, 3:45 pm

Gale hadn't expected for another to trip over him. Though, with his size it didn't really affect him. Rather, the other, Silver toppled over and was now glaring at him with open distrust. She wanted to hate him? Fine. He would find something for her to hate even more about him. The warrior was tired of attempting to make peace with the scholar; he no longer cared what she may have thought about him. He would do so later.

Ignoring Silver's existence and the bark that came from just behind a bush that stood in front of him, Gale turned and walked to Cinnamon. The fae had collapsed in an effort to avoid colliding with Silver. As he stood alongside her again, a light laugh came from his maw. She was easy to be around; he found himself relaxing a lot. Despite not knowing him, she trusted him.

"Good jump though we may have to work on your landing." He teased with a light laugh. The male nudged the female with his shoulder in a teasing gesture.

[Lame..]
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 2nd 2011, 5:28 pm

Codex walked into the area. His rust-colored tail made the leaves swish, as his electric eyes dashed from side to side. It appeared that he had wandered into a stranger's territory. He gulped, as he continued his trekking. Further and further he went, we was coming closer and closer to possible danger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 2nd 2011, 6:43 pm

Elysia looked from Derek to Rune silently. There was an awkward sort of silence. It was the one that came with reunions tinged by betrayal and unasked questions. Derek and Rune had a lot to discuss. Derek had a lot to discuss with them all. But it had no longer become Elysia's place to be a leader. She hadnt known Derek like Rune knew him. He was...he was the mate of her dead sister. He had shown her kindness, but he had vanished before she ever knew him. Elysia took a silent step backwards, smiling softly. Turning towards the trees, she vanished quietly into the bushes. Derek and Rune needed time, time without being crowded by outsiders. Elysia would give them that time. She knew she needed time of her own as well.

She padded quietly through the trees, her mind distant. She was oblivious to where she went, or which direction she took. In her mind, all would lead to the same place. Her tail swished gently against her hind legs as she walked. Her mind was scattered, one moment focusing on Derek, the next on Gale, and yet the next on Taru. There was so much tension in the air. Derek had no memories, not to mention having abandoned the pack. Taru...well Taru couldnt seem to decide whether she hated or loved Elysia. It was all quite confusing. Taru seemed to be distancing herself, unwilling to connect with anyone. She wasnt the Rabbit Buddy Elysia loved. Then there was Gale. Gale and his apologies. Gale and his words that ensnared her. Gale and his eyes that made it impossible for her to look away.

Elysia was jolted from her thoughts by faint sounds of disagreement. Her ears perked and she paused, one paw raised slightly in the air. She recognized Silver's scent, as well as the scent of a stranger, and Gale. Elysia's ears twitched with indecision. It probably wasnt best for her to be near Gale right now. But she also knew she would have to face him eventually. Her tail lashed anxiously against her hind legs as she slowly made her way towards the trio. She paused in the bushes, concealed from the trio. She could see Gale standing near an unfamiliar female, and Silver not far. The female had fallen over, Gale was assisting her. She could see a smile in his eyes and a teasing grin, though she couldnt hear what he was saying. He nudged her shoulder and a white hot flash of jealousy rose in Elysia. She didnt know why she was jealous, but she was. Her eyes narrowed slightly, looking the other female up and down. Calming herself, she forced her face to become neutral as she stepped into the clearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 2nd 2011, 7:51 pm

Ice, usually timid was becoming shaky with irritability, wasn't anyone going to notice her at all? Not even a bark had taken affect, it was as if she was invisible. Then she had to resort to her last hope, something she knew wouldn't be kind at first, but hopefully attention grabbing, Ice slipped back into the trees, she took on a hunting posture, from behind a different bush she gazed at her target, a male who had been standing right in front of her, but had acted oblivious. Ice was unaware of everything else, even the scent of a close female wolf, Ice paid it no mind right now, she only needed to act. With a twitch of her tail then a low growl she charged from the bushes directly behind the large male, snapping the air beside his ankle. In this action her fur was bristled high, eyes glaring bright green, and her ivory teeth bared. Even though she wasn't quite muscular, she could still put up a good fight, what she lacked in strength was her speed and endurance to keep going on and on. Ice hoped to grab any amount of attention so anyone would notice her already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 2nd 2011, 8:04 pm

(Were you doing that to Codex? Just asking XD)

The male saw a female, trying to attack a male. His ears flicked as he stepped forward. He asked softly, "Um, hey there, uh, may I ask a question?" His whiskers twitched in confusion, as he sat down. He curled his tail around his golden paws, as the sweet, pine-smelling air filled his black and wet nose. He wondered how the wolves would react. Would they attack him, as well? Or would they simply give him the same greeting? Only time would tell this brute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next