Forum

The Pack Lands

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Bear on August 14th 2011, 3:43 am

Falco trotted briskly through the new long green grass, his paws cutting through the long blades with ease as he made his way around the territory, re-familiarizing himself with it. He paused feeling the wind brush up against his face, and gave an unkindly snort to it. With a light shake of his coat the brute laid down in the grass and rolled around in it. Shaking his coat soon after getting to his paws, he stretched long legs out in front, and then behind him. The hunter gave a bored yawn as the sun peered over the tree tops warming his long white coat, it would soon fall out and become short once more in order for summer.
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 14th 2011, 9:24 am

"Hey there" Someone spoke. Aspen yelped sharply, turning and staring
at the tan and brown brute before her. Her eyes were wide, and very alert
to the new wolf. Who was he? She asked herself over and over, standing
quite feebly and trying to back up. Unfortunately, she found herself once
again too weak to really walk much. Her large, rounded Mexican Wolf ears
pinned.

The male lowered himself to lay down before her, they were now even at eye
level. Lowering herself shakily back to the ground, she continued her blank
and careful stare. She didn't know this male, and perhaps he was simply
playing with her? The thought made her even more distant. Narrowing her
intelligent blue eyes slightly, she watched as he spoke once again.

"Are you alright? Where's your mother?" He said to her. Aspen was taken
aback, perhaps he was really kind, and this was not some show? But, as he
spoke, she did wonder. His questions were something she found could not
answer. Was she alright? Well, she didn't know. She didn't even know her age,
whether she depended on milk, anything. Besides, her head wound could be life
threatening, but she wouldn't know until she was dead and gone. And, then, the
second question. Where was her mother? Did she even exist? She had been
dropped off here without memories. She knew nothing but her name. The wolf
had uttered her name sadly before plodding off without her. Aspen. she thought.
That is all I know.

"I do not know the answer to either of those questions. I have no memories."
She said to him, her stare was cute, of course cute for she was a pup, yet
careful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 14th 2011, 11:38 am

Jade wandered the pack lands, searching for scents. As she hadn't been here before-she had joined in the winter-,she decided it would be good to familiarize herself with his new place. The she-wolf was a scout after all. The grass would soon be lush, and the trees would fill out. She was excited for the coming spring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 14th 2011, 11:55 am

The young pup yelped at his sudden appearance and attempted to back away. She stopped quickly though and Gale could see her tiny legs shaking. At the moment, she was too weak to even take a few steps back. What would happen if he left? Surely, the pup would not last. The scent of her blood would diffuse through the air and flow its currents; drawing more predators to her. Even a hawk or an eagle could get at her from the heigh altitudes of which they fly.

"I do not know the answer to either of those questions. I have no memories."

She was staring at him with those puppy eyes and an almost careful look in her light blue orbs. Even though she was very young, he could see the intelligence in her eyes. He thought back on her words. What would have, could have caused this young one to lose her memory so much that she didn't even know her mother? For wolf pups and most other types of animals, a mother was needed for survival and without one, this pup would not live long.

"What is your name?" He asked quietly. Though she may not perceive it immediately, he slithered forward on his belly until he was even closer. Gently, he began to clean the blood from the injury. Gale worked quietly and did not put too much pressure on his appendage as he cleaned. She was like a tiny flower; she needed to be cared for an protected.

[Lol, look at Gale. Getting all nice.]
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira on August 14th 2011, 12:21 pm

A beaming smile lay upon the betas muzzle as she stood, winter was her favorite season indeed but the warm weather was certainly a welcoming sight. Maiara's slight weight gain had not gone by unnoticed by Kira, excitement spread throughout her for the soon to be parents.

Hello I am Soske! I am pretty sure we have not met before and so I though I say hi!

Pastel blue orbs now turned to Soske, the smile that was once on her muzzle never vanished. "Nice to meet you Soske" she said evenly. "I'm Kira, by the way" she said, laughing slightly as she realized that she had once again forgotten to introduce herself before talking.

Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 14th 2011, 12:33 pm

Akera sighed as a warm breeze tickled her pelt. She relished in the feeling of grass on her russet paws. She enjoyed the chirping of the birds, the sun out and shining. She loved the spring. It had always been her favorite month back in her birth pack. The cold, harsh winter had ended, leaving the earth to a beautiful sunny atmosphere. The female smiled as she trudged through field and forest, following her pack. She was so glad the winter was over. It gave her a chance to start fresh. Link, who had wandered away during their trip from the winter den, was out of her mind. It seemed the fights and drama had cooled down. Everything was falling into place and everyone seemed happy. So Akera just followed and smiled.

Then, she stopped. She smelled something interesting. Two scents, one stronger than the other. The strong one seemed sort of familiar. But the other was rather weak. Akera sniffed the air again, finding the trail. Looking over to the pack, who seemed to be preoccupied by something with Maiara, she started to walk away. Wandering through the forest, she kept following the scents until two figures appeared before her. One was rather large. She gasped. It was the grey male that had caused so much trouble with Rune. And then below him, head dripping blood, was a small lone pup. Akera's heart melted instantly. She had always liked pups. Spring was her favorite part in her old pack because she liked to see the little ones grow. She was a favorite amongst the litters. Akera knew she needed to help the pup.

She walked up slowly to the two wolves, head down. She didn't want to startle them. She wasn't a threat. She reached them, standing a little ways away. And she spoke in a kind, calm voice. "Um, hi there. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm not a threat. I just want to help. I have a way with pups." She smiled hesitantly. Even when he didn't face her, the male was huge and rather startling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 14th 2011, 12:59 pm

Gale was up the instant he heard the gasp. His green eyes were locked onto the wolf that stood a little ways away, a vicious snarl on his face. The fur on his multi-coloured pelt was bristling to the utmost extremities. Mounds of flesh appeared on his russet coloured muzzle as he pulled his limps back even more to show his sharp teeth. The green of his eyes were merely flecks of green ice as they glared coldly at Akera.

At the other territory, he had seen her and learned of her name and role. Since she was a member of the Banishing Winds, he couldn't trust her. The hunter was looking at the pup behind him with a soft, caring expression on her face. His long, fluffy tail had been in the air, but now he lowered it so it shielded the pup from view. He wouldn't let Akera near the young one. He'd fight to protect her from harm.

"Um, hi there. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm not a threat. I just want to help. I have a way with pups."

Gale's eyes narrowed even more. Could he trust her? He wasn't sure since she smelled heavily of the pack. Had it been Altair or even Maiara, he wouldn't have hesitated to let them assist him but he did not know how Akera truly was. She could say one thing and mean another. But, her body language would tell him everything. For him, body language was like reading the true intentions of any creature. For wolves, it was far more. It told you everything that the eyes and speech did not. All he needed to do was think back to what she had said and remember what her body told him.

"Um, hi there. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm not a threat. I just want to help. I have a way with pups." Her voice had been calm and seemed kind but he didn't believe it. It was her relaxed, yet slightly tensed posture that told him she was worried for the well being of the young one behind his tail. Begrudgingly, Gale lowered his lips and forced his hackles to lay flat against his skin once more. His stance was still treating her as a threat as were his icy green eyes.

"Check her wounds." Gale's worry for the pup completely erased his anger and vicious pose. His eyes took on worried look as he looked back at her. "Please."
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on August 14th 2011, 1:19 pm

Spirit dipped her head to Soran before taking one last sweeping gaze around the clearing and trotting off into the trees. A small smile rested on her muzzle as she weaved through the trees. She had always loved exploring and she often compared scouting to be exploring in its own little way; but it pained her to go walk around the territory alone. The pack hadn't been here for a few months now and that left the area open and inviting for intruders. Intruders were exactly what needed to be dealt with. With Maiaria expecting pups they couldn't let anything threatening into the territory - it'd be too risky.

Branches high above Spirit's head creaked and groaned as they swayed in the wind. She swished her tail behind her nervously. She should have looked about for another scout to take with her. Going about alone would be dangerous, if any danger was to pop up she would have no one to help or run for help; she'd be vulnerable. Sighing, Spirit marched on, intent on finishing her mission.

New scents swirled around her with every breeze that danced through the trees. There didn't seem to be anything treatening around here, at least nothing she had detected yet. If she did happen to smell anything it always turned up to be stale. Spirit turned around, ready to head back to then den, but something made her halt. Lifting her muzzle to the air Spirit drew in a long breath. There it was. She lowered her head once more, turning in the direction the scent had come. It was wolf and a familiar scent at that. One she could make out as Akera though the others left her stumped. Spirit flicked one of her gray ears, trying to make sense of things. What would Akera be doing with a bunch of strangers? Letting out a short huff of breath Spirit trotted towards the scents, her curiosity growing.

Spirit stopped behind a few bushes, peering slightly over the top of them to try and get a view at what was going on. Standing before her were three wolves: Akera, a strange pup, and... a loner? She narrowed her eyes, something seemed familiar about him. He's the one that caused trouble previously... She reminded herself. Her attention snapped back to the pup as she noticed a crimson stain on it's fur. Blood? What could of happened to the pup? Spirit felt a growl rising in her throat as she initially thought it had something to do with Gale. But the more she listened to Akera and Gale speak she decided otherwise. Letting her fur lie flat Spirit pushed through the bushes. "What's going on here?" She questioned, gazing between Akera and Gale.
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 14th 2011, 1:29 pm

Akera stepped back a bit as he whipped around and snarled. She tried not to let the fear show in her eyes. His glare was terrifying. But she held her ground. She could tell he was trying to see if she was trustworthy. Then he must have decided she was okay, for the snarl went away. And then she saw his true face. He was interesting. He wasn't unattractive. His look softened and Akera for some reason felt proud of him. She could tell that this was a reserved wolf. It took a lot for him to let her look at the pup. He wondered why he was so protective of her. The pup wasn't his. She didn't even smell like him. But the female shook it off for the moment. She focused on the pup.

Akera tentatively looked at the pup. She crouched down, smiling softly at her. "Hello there, little one. It's okay, I'm here to help you. I'm Akera." She spoke quietly, trying to calm her as she looked her over. Her major wound was on the top of her head. It looked rather well cleaned. She looked to the male loner, trying to erase his worry. "You did well. It's very clean. Now I just need...." Her emerald eyes looked around, scanning the area. A green plant popped out at her. "Sage!" Her mother was a great healer and had taught her much about the healing arts. She ran over and picked it, chewing as she walked back. She spread the paste onto the little pup's head, making sure to coat it evenly. She looked to the male as she worked. "I'm Akera, by the way. What's your name?" She smiled brightly at him, hoping to cheer him up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 14th 2011, 2:04 pm

"What's going on here?"

Another voice floated through the air and to Gale's eardrums. His green gaze snapped back to watch another Banishing Winds wolf pad out to where he, Akera, and the pup were. Quickly, his eyes assessed the newcomer with precise and sure movements. She was a scout called Spirit with a coat like freshly fallen snow. Her ears and paws break the status quo however and are an ashen grey. A lighter, smoky grey makes its presence known above her eyes and on her tail. The eyes that look at him and Akera are a blue-grey that offer an amazing contrast between her pelt.

"I found this pup." He replied curtly, barely holding back a growl. He didn't like this. One wolf was enough but to have another? It was too much. Someone could distract him and harm the young one. Everything he had went into keeping him in place. "She's hurt and Akera offered to help me."

"Hello there, little one. It's okay, I'm here to help you. I'm Akera. You did well. It's very clean. Now I just need.... Sage!"

His darker brown ears twisted until they were almost completely all the way around. He had to listen to what was going on with the pup to be sure she was safe. With his ears on Akera and the young one, and his eyes on Spirit, there shouldn't be any problems. As long as no one else made themselves appear from the forest. Already he could imagine the Banishing Winds pack materialize from the woods and attack him or the pup. That thought made a low rumble in the form of a growl push its way through his throat. Nothing would ever lay a paw on the pup as long as he was able to fight.

"I'm Akera, by the way. What's your name?"

Gale looked at Akera from the corner of his eyes before focusing his gaze back on Spirit. The fae was looking at him while she worked as if it would assure the agitated male. The white tip of his tail was twitching in irritation at his helplessness.

"Gale."
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 14th 2011, 2:39 pm

"My name is Aspen. Where am I?"

Gale tore his attention away from Spirit and walked to where Aspen was. He sat beside her, his long tail curling around her protectively. It was an unsettling instinct that was making him move and be so protective of the young one. Normally, he would want nothing to do with pups but Aspen needed him. Then again, maybe she would be better off with the Banishing Winds. The thought flittered in his mind but he squelshed it. If she wanted to remain with the pack, he'd let her go. It was her choice, not his.

For a moment, he thought to answer her question, but it was directed at Spirit, not him. Could the young pup tell he did not belong with the other wolves? That his scent was far different than theirs? Probably, he knew that she was very smart even though she didn't remember where she came from. His tail wrapped tighter around her until it was brushing her face. It was a sign to the two wolves that they would have to get through him if they wanted her.
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver on August 14th 2011, 2:58 pm

"Silver? Do you realize you have cataracts in both of your eyes?"

"Wh-What?" Silver said, riding to her paws in one swift motion. So, that had been the reason her vision was blurred. And it was happening fast, only two days ago she had been normal. Now, however, the ghost like blotches were covering the once light green yellow pigment in her eyes. And, in one spot on her left eye, some of the iris. Her ears pinned. She was going to be blind. Blind! The thought made her whine with fear. No longer could she run, be normal, she would have more a chance to be killed. Death, the possibility, loomed above her. Laughing in her face. Painting her eyes white.

Turning, she ran into the forest. A white streak now even more white, less green showed as she moved. Where was she going? The creek. She wanted to see it for herself, see herself before she could see no more. But, in her path suddenly was a pup. Gale sat, his tail protectively around her.

B-Bayne. I see it. And Me.... She thought, staring at him. Disbelief stabbed her. Time repeats itself, her mother had said. And, boy, was it repeating. Shaking her head, she took off once again, almost trampling Spirit on her way out but managing to leap over her in one bound.
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 14th 2011, 3:12 pm

When Silver burst into the forest where the group was, he bared his teeth. Now he was definitely out numbered. Gale was getting ready to stand but the look of disbelief in Silver's eyes made him stop. She must be seeing something from her past and by the look in her eyes, he knew it was Bayne. Had he protected her as viciously as Gale was protecting Aspen. Most likely. At least until he went for Kira and then her again.

"Silver!" He stood and looked between Aspen and where Silver disappeared. There was no way he could leave the pup to chase after the scholar; he sat down once more. With Aspen's injury, he wouldn't pick her up by the scruff with the fear of harming her. He looked at the young one who he curled his tail around again. "Do you think she'll be alright?"
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 14th 2011, 5:51 pm

Akera looked up from the pup as she heard a voice. It was the white fae, Spirit, standing there. But she saw that the male, now known as Gale, was taking care of that. So the russet wolf kept spreading the sage on the pup's wounds. Her heart just about melted as she heard Aspen's adorable voice. She smiled kindly, but it faded quickly when Gale curled his tail around the pup, pushing Akera away. She froze, head dropping a bit. All she was doing was trying to help. She knew he was just protective, but the female couldn't help but feel a little hurt. She was doing her best to treat Aspen. Yet he pushed her away. Many wolves would be angry, but Akera wasn't. She almost never got mad. But she just wanted to heal the little pup and nurse her back to good health. It seemed like that wouldn't be happening.

Akera felt rather unappreciated. She hadn't done much when it came to the pack just yet. She hadn't made an impact on anyone. It was almost like she wasn't even there. And the small gesture made by Gale seemed to plant these feelings in her. She had always doubted her importance from the beginning and now it all fell on her heavier than before. She just sat there. When Akera had bad feelings inside, she shut down. She didn't want to hurt others with her negative emotions. So she sat there, internal conflict going on. She tried to find a way she was important, had made an impact. But couldn't. The female didn't even notice when Silver came in, took one good look at them, and ran off. But she did snap out of it when she heard Gale's voice.

"Do you think she'll be alright?"

Akera looked over at him, sitting a little ways away. She almost wanted to snap, to let him know that she would be if he actually let her help. But she stopped herself. Nothing good came from being mean. The female was a genuinely kind soul. She hated to see others hurt or sad or angry. So she helped the best she could. And she could tell there was something off about Gale. He was reserved and she was determined to help him. But to do that, she would need to be nice to him. She spoke rather quietly, hiding her feelings from her voice and making sure to look at the ground, because her eyes would give her away in a second. "She should be fine. The sage will help."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 14th 2011, 6:42 pm

"She should be fine. The sage will help."

Akera spoke calmly enough but Gale could see the tension in her body. She was holding something back. Anger? Pain? He couldn't be sure. With a sigh, he unwrapped his tail from Aspen. In order for him to be competely sure about the young one's safety, he'd have to trust this fae enough. But only to the extent where she could heal. After this, that trust would evaporate so he could keep himself safe.

"I'm sorry." He murmured quietly as he kept his green eyes on Akera. She had helped him but when Silver made an appearance, he simply pushed her away. The warrior had been only thinking of Aspen's protection when more wolves came. He gestured with his muzzle for Akera to look at Aspen. "Please. Be my guest."

Gale knew that Aspen would need a healer's help and Akera had the skills of one. The fear that suddenly crept in his stomach would have to be quelled enough so the hunter could help. His temper would have to be held in check as well since he couldn't risk angering Akera because it would invoke the pack's wrath on him and maybe the young one.

[Lame!]
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on August 14th 2011, 7:29 pm

Spirit remained still, watching as the male scanned her over. She flicked her tail behind her, becoming increasingly curious about the situation - and the pup. It seemed wounded though of course Akera seemed to have the whole situation under control with that. What was left was how to deal with all of this once Akera finished mending the pup the best she could. What was there to make of Gale and what was she to do with him? Surely she should escort them back to the den to speak with Rune about all of this. For starters the pup simply couldn't be left alone out here in the woods. It was hurt and had no memory of... well, anything. Gale seemed to be particularly fond of the pup as well but leaving the pup in his care might not be the best thing for the pup. Maiaria was expecting, surely she could help if the pack decided to take in the pup; or at least some female could.

Shaking her head lightly Spirit brought her attention back to the present. She flicked her ears, hearing the male say his name to Akera. Gale. So that's who he was. Spirit shifted her paws, so that was the name of the trouble maker. The thought made her uneasy. It didn't really feel right labeling him as a trouble maker - even if that is what he had caused previously. Right now he only wanted the best for the pup, surely that wasn't any big trouble.

Spirit shuffled her paws once more, feeling Gale's gaze burning into her fur. It made her feel uncomfortable but there was no way she'd let it show. Straightening her posture slightly Spirit took a few cautious steps closer to them, acutely aware of Gale sitting nearby. The pup looked around at them, seemingly baffled by all the new faces. A smile spread across her muzzle, her heart melting for the little pup. Some motherly instinct within her wanting to protect the pup from whatever came in their path. Swishing her tail behind her Spirit realized she had been asked a question. Clearing her throat she spoke softly, lowering her head so she was about level with the pup. "Well Aspen you happen to be in Banishing Winds Pack territory. If you'd like I can show you around, to our den perhaps. I'm sure there are some nice wolves who would love to meet you." She touched her nose to the pup's reassuringly before lifting her head once more, turning to look at Gale. "If you don't mind." She added quietly. "But I think the pack would be the best place for her right now... You can accompany us if you'd like." The white she-wolf turned to look back at the pup, a smile still spread across her muzzle.

Spirit jumped as Silver came crashing by, nearly trampling over her. Straightening up again she watched as the silvery healer disappeared into the undergrowth. She looked away from the swaying bushes, turning her gaze towards Akera and Gale. "I hope she is... I'd hate to hear something horrible happen." She said. Though deep down in the pit of her stomach she knew something was wrong.
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 14th 2011, 7:52 pm

"Well Aspen you happen to be in Banishing Winds Pack territory. If you'd like I can show you around, to our den perhaps. I'm sure there are some nice wolves who would love to meet you. If you don't mind. But I think the pack would be the best place for her right now... You can accompany us if you'd like."

Gale was shaking his head before Spirit even finished her words. To go back to the pack was the last thing the male wanted to do especially after the embarassment of having to make a public apology. That had been a moment of weakness for the warrior; he wouldn't let it happen again. With Aspen, it was a weakness as well and it could hinder him if he let it. For a moment, he pictured himself nuturing the young one but the image faded fast and turned into a darker one. Aspen could be killed and that was one thing he wouldn't be able to handle if the fae got herself into what was left of his shattered heart. One more loss would kill him for sure.

"Your pack sounds wonderful, and I would love to meet them!"

He stood up and walked to where Aspen was looking up adoringly at Spirit. Dipping his head, he nuzzled her affectionately once before straightening again. Massive paws took eight steps back as he held his head high. To go back with these wolves to the Banishing Winds would be something he'd never do. He doubted that he could face Rune again or Elysia for that matter.

"I believe it's best that you do what she wants." His green gaze was locked on Spirit's. Searching for something. "If she wishes to go with you, then so be it. I will not force her to stay with me and besides, you have healers while I have no experience in such a field. I am a warrior, through and through." Green eyes looked at Aspen fondly. "Take care of her."
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on August 14th 2011, 8:09 pm

Spirit couldn't help but feel protective of the little pup. She seemed to perk up at her words, the look of joy that the pup expressed warmed her. The white she-wolf watched in silence as the pup staggered to her paws and made her way over to stand around her paws, leaning against her for support. Spirit looked up at Gale, her smile slowly edging away at the shaking of his head. The male had been through a lot with the pack already, it didn't really surprise her he didn't want to accompany them. Spirit remained silent as he came forward and nudged the pup before retreating several feet away once more.

"I believe it's best that you do what she wants. .... If she wishes to go with you, then so be it. I will not force her to stay with me and besides, you have healers while I have no experience in such a field. I am a warrior, through and through. .... Take care of her."

Spirit kept quiet for a moment, unsure of what to really say to him. His feelings for the pup were obvious and strong at that. It hurt Spirit to be taking the pup away from him. The male had always seemed to strong, so confident and bold and now he almost seemed at the edge of things, ready to snap in a moments notice. She straightened herself her eyes full of sorrow for the male and concern. She dipped her head slowly to him. "If only for the better..." She looked down at the pup, smiling softly before looking back up at Gale. "I'm sorry..." She let her voice fade off. There wasn't much she could say but put on a smile for the pup. She lowered her head, nudging Aspen forward gently. "My name is Spirit by the way." Spirit gave the pup a quick lick on the ear before beginning to walk towards the den - careful to remain slow so the pup could keep up. "Now lets see about meeting that pack, hmm?"

( Eh... )
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 14th 2011, 8:56 pm

Elysia watched as first Silver then Spirit vanished. She blinked. Silver had gone off in a flurry, after having spoken with Altair. Something must have upset her, though Elysia hadnt heard the words exchanged between the two. Now it was just Altair, Soran, Maiara, Rune and herself. The pack seemed smaller, dwindled and silent. It was quieter than it should be. True, the pack had lost some of its numbers during the seasonal change, but that shouldnt account for this kind of silence. Elysia rolled her shoulders uncomfortably. She knew this kind of silence. This was the kind of silence that came when something important was happening somewhere else. Spirit and Silver were probably involved - maybe Akera too. Whatever was going on, the world was holding its breath.

Elysia was tired of holding her breath.

She hadnt been adressed, perhaps not even noticed by Maiara, Rune, Soran and Altair. Plus she was still feeling a little sheepish about the whole Maiara being fat fiasco - even if it had only been in her head. She glanced around, standing silently. Her face was neutral, though a quiet sort of seriousness hung around her. She hadnt used to be so serious. But the pack had had time to adjust. At times she almost went back to her old self, flashes here and there. But mostly she was her new self, post-Gale. She wasnt sure how he had managed to change her so much. Every time she tried to explain it to herself - or even to someone else - she just couldnt. In ways, it was the pressure. She felt like she had been trapped in a cage, just running and running in circles as he egged her on. It wasnt the words he said, it was how he said them. It was how he looked at her. It was how he made her feel. Worst of all - it was how he had made her desire his presence.

Elysia shivered, walking into the trees. She quickly picked up Silver and Spirit's scents, they were headed in similar directions. Elysia followed them, in no particular rush. Her paw steps were quiet on the newly growing grass. Elysia was small, unusually slow. While she was weak, she had the unique advantage of silence. Elysia perked her ears as she picked up mixed scents and faint voices. She paused in the trees, just before the group. She peeked out through the branches. She saw Spirit immediately. There was a pup sitting at her paws. Elysia raised a brow, unsure what some other pack's pup was doing hanging around. Then there was Akera off to the side as well, Elysia wasnt surprised to see Akera. The female had always had a compassionate nature. Then Elysia's eyes flicked once more and narrowed with a sharp intake of breath.

Gale was here. Elysia thought they had finally rid themselves of his presence back at the Winter Den, but it appeared not. She clamped her jaw shut, feeling her body tense. She wouldnt let herself be ruled by him. Not now and not ever. She felt loathing rise up in her, more for herself than for him. Even now, the site of him was so enticing. She felt almost relieved, yet despised his presence. With determined tranquility, Elysia stepped from the trees. She approached Spirit, standing slightly behind the Lead Scout. She refused to look at or even acknowledge Gale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 14th 2011, 9:51 pm

Kira that was it! Now her rank? Beta or Delta hmmmm. She really needed to start making her way around the pack and meet everyone because she felt bad not knowing everyone and there rank. Your a Delta or Beta? And nice to meet you to Kira. I am just trying to learn everyones names so I am not such of an outsider. That was true she did not want to be an outside she wanted to be part of the pack. Soske looked up and it was very sunny. She let the warmth hit her and she was glad the cold long nights were over. She be able to play around more with no snow to worry about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira on August 14th 2011, 10:36 pm

The ebony female smiled at her comment. Beta she smiled warmly. You'll meet them all soon enough" she laughed. Her happiness was cut short as she noticed Silvers frame speeding past, her eyes widened in both shock and fear. She looked to Altair, confused. I believe I should be letting you meet everyone. I'll catch up with you later" she said quickly, her voice wavering. The beta quickly turned, sprinting into the treeline. Her paws struck the ground rapidly as she followed her scent. She couldn't help but allow worry to settle...She had never before seen Silver tear off so fast, so recklessly. Silver! she barked, driving herself forward as she caught sight of the snowy female.

•lameee•
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 15th 2011, 1:03 pm

"If only for the better... I'm sorry..."

Gale took a careful note of the concern, guilt, and sorrow that made a quick appearance in Spirit's blue-gray eyes. Even though he was not liked by most pack members, did they still feel bad for him? He didn't know and he doubted that he would ever. Such a thing was not understood by him since he did not know how the pack mind worked. Silver had no true reason to feel those emotions for him and yet she did. Though, he wasn't sure why.

Once again, he took careful steps to where Spirit's form was quickly disappearing. Gently, he pushed past Elysia and rasped his tongue over Aspen's ear. She would be in better care with the pack, he knew that much though he wished he had been given a little more time with the pup in order to be sure she'd be alright. Silver and the reset of the pack would be sure to keep an eye on her which was a relief to the brute.

Clearing his throat, Gale turned and gave a brief nod in Elysia's general direction. There was a sadness in his eyes but he turned his head away quickly in hopes it wouldn't be witnessed by the fae. If it was never seen, no one could ever accuse the Wanderer of being weak. His reputation was at stake; he knew he would need to keep it fully intact if he ever wished to return and check on Aspen. That, with the rep of the Banishing Winds, should be enough to keep the young one safe. Perhaps another day he would return and maybe even join the pack. For now, there still was so much damage that needed to be repaired.

The warrior took his previous seat and watched Aspen, and Silver as they began to disappear. Elysia had been behind the scout but he didn't know if she would follow them back to the bulk of the pack. For the first time since he left the winter den, Gale let his eyes fall onto Elysia.
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on August 15th 2011, 1:49 pm

Elysia knew he was there. Even after Spirit brushed quietly past with the pup in tow, Elysia couldnt quite force herself to move. She knew she should leave now, there was nothing that should hold her back. Gale was nothing to her. She should be able to just turn and walk away, but something kept her from doing that. Out of the corner of her gaze, she watched him approach the pup. She felt him brush ever so gently past her. She tensed reflexively, hyper-aware of every movement he made. She watched him subtly, the soft caring way he treated the pup and the affection in his gaze. She quickly looked away as he turned, steadily refusing to acknowledge his presence even as he nodded to her. She just barely caught a hint of sorrow in his eyes.

Elysia looked into the trees, her eyes watching Spirit and Aspen as they began to dissapear in the direction of the densite. She felt a change, Gale's eyes falling on her. It had been a long time since he had dared look directly at her. In a way, Elysia was afraid to return his gaze. She knew that if she did, she'd be caught again, like a fish in his paws. And she would be content to remain so. Pallatsera would have just got up and left, maybe even run him off the pack territory. But Elysia wasnt strong like her sister. Her lips formed a hard line and her eyes became cold. She continued to stare steadily at the trees, shifting so her back was to Gale. Now was her time to fight back, now was her time to make it clear just how much damage he had done.

"You don't belong here." Her words were quiet, but she knew he would hear her. He always did. For some reason, when he first appeared, he had focused on her and her alone. Her head was held high, though her entire body was tense. "You had a chance to belong here, but you lost it." She looked to the side, not at him but giving him a profile view of her face. Her expression was stony. "You-" She choked on her own words, hating herself for the show of weakness. She gritted her teeth. "You had no right to do what you did to me. You had no right to disect me and prod me and treat me like one of your sadistic games." But there was more than that wasnt there? She shook her head, finally turning to face him full on. Her eyes were fiery and filled with pain.

"I dont want you here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit on August 15th 2011, 3:04 pm

Spirit paused, lowering her muzzle to pick up Aspen by the scruff. She wanted to try and get the pup back to the den quickly and carrying her would be the best way. Spirit nodded to Elysia as she materialized from the bushes. Looking blankly between Gale and Elysia Spirit turned and began to make her way back to the den. She knew of Elysia's feelings for the male and right now she didn't want to get tangled up in it.

Pushing through the bushes Spirit emerged into the small clearing that surrounded the den. Catching sight of Rune and Soran Spirit padded forward, slowly at first. She wasn't sure of what to say - what was there to say? Flicking her tail behind her Spirit set Aspen down on the ground gently before turning her gaze on the two males before her. Shifting her paws awkwardly she spoke. "Um... well. While out patrolling I stumbled upon this pup and Gale. She seemed to have be a little banged up and she can't remember much of where she's from but other than that she seems fine." Spirit's gaze shifted between everyone, waiting for a response.
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale on August 15th 2011, 4:24 pm

Gale's eyes had left Elysia for a brief moment until he caught movement in his far peripheral vision which caused him to look back at the brown and cream fae. Her back was now to him; he had a notion that she was either going to sit there and refuse to acknowledge his very existance or she was going to let him know of all the torture he had put her through. The latter seemed more possible since she was no longer the Elysia she had been. His words had twisted her and his penetrating gaze picked her very core apart, layer by layer until there was nothing for her to hide. Just by judging how tense she was and her steady refusal to even look in his general area, he knew that she was still in that raw state and that she had a fear of getting caught by him again. Not that he could blame her. No one would want to be picked apart when they had just started to reclaim those precious pieces of themselves that had been blighted.

He knew he didn't.

"You don't belong here. You had a chance to belong here, but you lost it."

Elysia did not look at him while she spoke. Her gaze was on the forest; it seemed as if she was growing strength from it; planting her roots. Even though she held her head high, her petite body was tense. There were so many emotions that could cause such a particular constriction in all the muscles in one's back, flank, and even stomach. At the moment, he did not feel like diving into a full on examination of the female. To do so would mean that he'd have to revert to his previous self which he would not do. Not because he didn't want to, but because he couldn't. Not yet. During the time he was with Aspen, he envisioned his parents doing the same before their deaths. Their destruction had not been his fault. They gave their lives to protect him and his remaining siblings because of love, not hate.

"You- You had no right to do what you did to me. You had no right to disect me and prod me and treat me like one of your sadistic games."

Now he had a view of her profile. She still refused to allow herself even a glance at him. When she first spoke that sentence, she seemed to choke on her words and hate that simple show of weakness. Her teeth gritted together as she continued on, still not bothering to look at him. After all, if she caught his eyes, she wouldn't know what would happen. His ears fell against his skull as he pondered her current words. He found no pleasure in picking her apart and causing such pain. Even though he gave that appearance of such an enjoyment. That pain was one he had felt a long time ago. Even though he had caused such a hurt to Elysia, he didn't regret it fully. A lesson taught was a lesson learned.

"I dont want you here."

Now, her gorgeous brown orbs were on him. When he caught her gaze, he inhaled sharply in the form of a gasp. So much pain. . . There was so much. A fire was evident in her eyes as well but he didn't pay nearly as much attention to that. All that hurt had once filled his irises until he transformed into his current self. Had he caused such paroxysm in such a short time? It appeared that yes, he had. Green eyes held the brown but for the first time, Gale looked away first. No matter what he said, it would not help anything. Should he even bother? He looked back at her again and stood. With almost silent steps, he walked to her. His nose briefly touched her cheek in a silent apology.

Drawing away, he sat in front of her. The words were there, but so was the fear of saying them. All the confidence he was known for drained from his body as he let loose a sigh. It seemed as if in the short time that had elapsed, he had grown from a young wolf to an older one. Gale was so very tired of the beast that roared at him even now.

"I know." His voice showed that he was drained of all energy. "I know that I had no right to disect you and rip you apart. I had no right to change you into who you currently are. I never should have tried to change you so you wouldn't be stuck in Palla's shadow. My life had been filled with plenty mistakes and this is the greatest of all."
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top