Arisah
Cinnamon
Adena
Finn
Rune
13 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 8 Empty Re: Great Plains (Main Den)

Post by Silver May 9th 2012, 8:57 pm

"O - Oh, I would be more than happy to he- accompany you."

Linnëa dipped her head in acknowledgement, feeling the need to not unnecessarily ramble on. She pondered telling the wolf of the pack and such, but feared of scaring her off. She'd like, in the least, to have her meet Adena and Gale, and then to be able to know that Liafi no longer seemed to fear them. She figured that there was not much she could do to calm the coy wolf's mind but to spend time with her and increase their bond. She did not like the fact that apparently she had been mistreated so, and now the slight carefulness and subtle shyness still lingered on the small wolf's emotions. She watched, relaxed and calm, as the female ate both of the fish. As she sat, she noticed that she was indeed full now. A yawn escaped her, though she still refused to fall asleep just yet.

She slowly stood, and gave a look to the forest. It was not as it had been when she had met the somewhat cruel female, Jay. It was calm, and she only wondered where her friends were because she enjoyed them around her and because she was anxious to meet the sea for the first time in a very, very long time. A forest breeze blew through, rather cool but not harshly cold. A chill swept through her, and a massive shiver rang through her entire body as she felt her skin crawl. With a sigh after the strange feeling, her tail continued its contented wave of motion.

"Me and my friends.. Gale and Adena, are headed to meet the sea. We're scouting these new lands.. Our old ones were burned to ash." She said simply. "I'm a member of the Banishing Winds Pack, by the way. And I was wondering.. If you might accompany us? And.. If you like us.." She paused, looking at her with a smile. "You'd be accepted into the pack with open arms." Her tail noticeably picked up speed, as she looked away, allowing the female to think about it without her expectant blue eyes focused on her. She almost chuckled, almost, at an amusing memory when a wolf had politely asked her not to stare. Apparently, the blue eyes of her made the wolf think that Linnëa had been staring through her. She smiled then, her look seeming far off as she delved in the memories of the past for a moment.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 10th 2012, 6:46 pm

As Ice stood by Phantom she felt complete once again, everything seemed normal again, all that was left was to go back and see the pack as he said. First though, a hunt was in order and Ice followed him up to the top of a hill where they looked down onto a herd of elk. Hearing Phantom speak, she listened intently to him and agreed on the hunting strategy. Ice remembered her old fears of the hunt but, had left them behind soon after becoming lost and eventually had begun solo hunting on hares or whatever she could. Now she examined the larger prey and indeed she took note of the elks' swollen stomachs and she replied softly back as to not spook the creatures,

"If the sea is salt water then it might not be a good choice to eat the creature. Though as I hunted hares before along the way they didn't seem tainted but, being so close to the sea like this I'm uncertain."

Ice then begun examining over each elk seeing for any that were either ill or injured like Phantom had said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 11th 2012, 1:00 pm

"Me and my friends.. Gale and Adena, are headed to meet the sea. We're scouting these new lands.. Our old ones were burned to ash. I'm a member of the Banishing Winds Pack, by the way. And I was wondering.. If you might accompany us? And.. If you like us ... You'd be accepted into the pack with open arms."

The small female glanced at Linnëa with hope.
Could I really be accepted that easily? she wondered hopefully. The smile from the other female had lifted her spirits, and so had the food that now sat in her belly.

Liafi nodded slowly. "
I would be honored to accompany you," she breathed. She could hardly believe it - this female had invited her with open arms! The past was something that was slipping behind her - but so much of it still lingered. What if Linnëa's friends were not as kind as she was? What if some of the pack did not like her, because she was a coy wolf?

A gale of gentle wind slipped through her fur, giving her a sense that there was someone trying to tell her to stay. Liafi believed that it was simply the memory of her father and his expectations of her. She watched the brown female look away and wondered if there was something bothering her. Concerned, Liafi took a step forward and let a whine of a question hang on the gusts of air. Her ears were perked as well, and the speed of her wagging of her tail had slowed considerably. "
Linnëa?"

It occurred to her that there was weight to what she had just been told. Their home had [i]burned[i]?Laifi's heart went out to Linnëa and her friends, and to the rest of the pack. It was heartbreaking to think of how much that they had lost in those flames.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 11th 2012, 2:00 pm

"I would be honored to accompany you."

Linnëa's tail continued to wag as she heard the words, her smile widening slightly at the thought of her new friend. She was, after all, a female that over time had learned that friends were amazing to have. But she was still consumed in thought. She did not turn back to look at Liafi once again, but continued her inquisitive stare into nothingness. She almost slipped into a doze before Liafi's words pulled her mind back to the present.

"Linnëa?"

She turned then with a slight jump, breathing out as she finally recoiled from her mind and her consciousness slipped back into her body rather than delving in the past as it had been. Her tail continued to wag, and everything proceeded as normal, as if she had just momentarily frozen. She held an amused expression at how she had slipped away for a few moments, shaking her head slightly. "Sorry, I have many memories and it is hard to not get lost in them sometimes. Did you need something Liafi?" She asked simply, a wakening smile appearing on her maw once again. Her eyes grew slightly shiny, but not for no reason, because moments later she yawned with a slight squeak escaping her.
(Lame.. XD I have a cold)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 11th 2012, 11:53 pm

"Sorry, I have many memories and it is hard to not get lost in them sometimes. Did you need something Liafi"]

The female gazed at Linnëa as she spoke. She knew what it was like to get lost in memories all too well. Liafi wanted nothing more than to be friends with this female - maybe even become a member of the pack. She glanced over to see the gleams of the sunlight off the scales of the fish. They were plentiful, which meant that there was always food. Call her selfish, but she would not stay if there had not been some sort of food source.

Yet, that was not for her own hunger's purposes. It was because she would hate to see everyone die of starvation. It was a terrible way to go, and she knew that it did a lot before taking a life. "
I only wondered if you wished for me to follow you," she answered softly. She was used to being ordered around. Requests o the polite variety would take some getting used to, but so far, it felt like a nice change. She was not being judged (as far as she knew) and that was a wonderful thing in itself.[/list][/list]

lame :c

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 12th 2012, 8:14 pm

"I only wondered if you wished for me to follow you"

"Follow me if you wish, but you do not have to, and if you wish to go elsewhere that is a welcomed decision as well." Linnëa smiled, absentmindedly flicking her tail and turning towards the direction where her friends were. "If you do join us.. Know that.. Well, I guess the pack has winds in the name for a reason. You can't contain the winds. The members here are free to come and go.. And we only order when absolutely necessary. Never just because of a high rank, you know? I think you'd find it a welcoming type." She added, stopping in her tracks and moving her head to the side to look at Liafi. There was a kind light in her eyes, and she widened her already visible smile. She hoped that the female, not because of the budding friendship, but because she could tell the female had been ordered and rejected, and that she deserved a welcomed break from such things.

She turned, and raised her head so her muzzle pointed to the horizon. Her nostrils moved as she scented the salty ocean just a distance away. "Gale and Adena may meet us when they are able to do so." (I say this because of exams and stuffs. )

With that, she let out a small howl to acknowledge her coming departure, and looked to Liafi, curious if she would follow. Then, with a few moving steps, the khaki female found herself flying alongside the river. Everything felt slow, and she used all her senses to feel the surroundings. It seemed slower and better that way, not quick or rushed. She could smell the sea and the trees about her. She could hear the babbling of the river, and far off the sound of the waves cascading upon the shore.
She could see the place where the trees thinned, but not yet could she see the sea. She could almost taste the briny water. She could feel the pebbles and dirt of the riverbank upon her paws. Her mind buzzed as it took in all of these feelings and put them into one hug, glorious picture that could be worth all the human currency in the world if one managed to frame it.

A joyous giggle escaped her, as she almost felt the heavy drapes of sickness move off of her shoulders and no longer burden her. Her bounds became increasingly flamboyant as she relished in the hurdle of sickness and injury she had finally cleared. Now, the noise of the waves was just over the hill in front of her, and with a yip she moved faster in anticipation of the sight she would see.
(Lame ish.. XD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel May 12th 2012, 11:28 pm

Phantom nodded to Ice as she spoke of what elk to choose. "The first prey i had eaten here wasn't at all that bad. It tasted better then those of our old home. Life seems to be going much better now that everyone is coming back together and new ranks are being earned. The pack life is good." With the ending of that, Phantom yawned silently and pointed with his nose to an elk. "Theres an old on right there. We can catch it rather simply if you think you can keep up that is... i dont know since we're both not in the best of shapes. But let's give it a shot."
(Sorry Lame ^^)
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 13th 2012, 11:55 pm

Ice nodded with agreement and was happy to hear a little bit about the pack as she stood with Phantom. When he pointed his nose to an elderly elk I followed his gaze and looked at it.

"Keep up? Ha! Being hungry will just make me faster to bring something down. So, what's the plan then? How are we gonna separate it from the rest?"

Though it was kind of a dumb question Ice couldn't help it. Besides, she hadn't hunt big prey like this since her mother's death.

OOC: Sorry it's short I was rushed for time on it. .n.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 16th 2012, 2:32 pm

Curious about these Gale and Adena characters, Liafi followed after Linnëa. She kept quiet, lost in her own thoughts. This pack, Banishing Winds, as LInnëa had called it, what were the other wolves like? Her gaze shifted to the sky. There was one thing that she wished that she could experience. It was something she had seen, but never understood.

Love.

She felt selfish for it, but it looked so marvelous. In her thoughts, she had not realized that Linnëa had sped up. The brown female was nearly out of her vision. Startled, Liafi sped up and raced after Linnëa. There were others to meet, and she was rather excited at the prospect of more wolves. After all, they had to be decent if they were Linnëa's friends, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 16th 2012, 11:01 pm

Lelio shifted from foot to foot. His legs tired from the journey he had made from the distant mountains. He only wanted one question answered. He lowered his head and shook it as if to keep himself awake as he turned away from where the female had said to go to meet the alpha male.

He had seen the other female, the one he had deduced to not be from this pack disappear. Perhaps she had found someone who could answer his question... he walked swiftly to where their scents where strongest just to find out he was several minutes to late to find them there. Not that it would do him much good, he could tell by the scent patterns that the not pack member had come across the female that had directed him to the dead end in the first place. Obviously not good company to be in if she didn't even know where her alpha was.

He rolled his eyes amusement taking over sullen expression once more. It was never gone for long, he was a wolf that dearly loved to laugh, he only wished to know if that came wholly from his mother or did it perhaps come from his father as well. Retracing his steps he came back upon the place where the first female had scent him, the place supposedly holding the alpha of the pack and called out once more. "HELLO!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 16th 2012, 11:33 pm

Rhoswen found herself pacing back and forth. Just a few paces from her furtive paws were the clear scent markers that signaled the beginning of a new territory. Rhoswen sent glances towards it, her ears twitching and folding back against her head. The scent of this pack wafted around her, surrounding every pore of her senses. They were foreign, strangers in every sense of the word. Her lip curled in the beginning of a snarl and she looked sharply away from the border. Her instincts told her to turn tail, to walk away and not look back. She'd been alone now for almost a year, and it had suited her fine. But her search had gotten her no where, and she was beginning to fear it never would. Her tail lashed against her legs. Her neck was bent, every muscle in her body tense. She needed this, she needed the support. She was thin, even for her. Her ribs were beginning to show through her thick pelt. She hadn't been able to hunt large game alone, and surviving on small mammals had been nearly impossible. As if to emphasize this, she felt a sharp pang of hunger. She growled, embarrassed by her own fall from stature.

Rhoswen finally stopped her pacing. She stood facing the border, the imposing line of trees. She glanced over her shoulder. Far far in the distance, the faint outline of mountains were visible. A sorrowful frown tugged at her lips. Months ago she had crossed those mountains, just as her father had before her. She looked back to the trees. What if he was waiting, just beyond her sight? She had said the same thing to herself so many times, it seemed more like a mantra than true hope. Her tail flicked and she shifted her paws. She was three years old, growing in to full maturity. The occasional stranger she had met had looked at her with sad eyes, encouraging her to settle down. But she couldn't, not yet, not when she felt so close with every step she took. Rhoswen moved closer. This was another step she would take, another move she would make, and perhaps another disappointment to add to those that already weighed down her narrow shoulders. Rhoswen breathed deeply and moved forward.

Beyond the border markers, the scent of the pack was strong, but stale in many cases. A light breeze wafted, curling around her and threading its way through her thick fur. She shook herself. The breeze carried a fresh scent, many, the pack on the move. With a determined set to her lips, Rhoswen set out. Her footsteps had a quiet floating grace, despite her increasingly skeletal form. She moved through the trees, slipping through silently. Her ears were flat against her skull, her steps even and her breathing measured. The scent grew stronger and stronger as she grew closer. Her eyes flickered closed. Bua thar gach She breathed out. She was close now, close enough to hear the murmur of clashing voices. She slowed her pace, creeping through the bushes. She had less of a desire to hide herself, and more of a desire to time her appearance. She finally slipped through the bushes, immediately seating herself. She knew that seated, her ribs were less apparent. Her tail curled around her paws. She held her head high and stared evenly at the small group of wolves. She said nothing, and simply watched.

Translation
Bua thar gach :: Triumph over all

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune May 17th 2012, 12:51 am

“Hello!!”

Crimson’s ear danced briefly as the word entered and then left…in one easy passing. The voice was an unfamiliar one and Crimson’s curiosity began to rise, as he picked himself up from the soft, springy grass. The direction was clear and without further delay the alpha of the Winds set a slow and steady pace to find out who was making such noise. It took less than a few moments to arrive upon a young male that seemed to be sporting a rather amused like expression. He came across as fair looking, but Crimson made it a general rule of his to never judge others by looks and appearance alone. Of course that didn’t stop him from having his brown gaze noticeably locked onto the males figure, as Crimson continue to take notes on the younger male’s body frame. If he became aggressive, then Crimson would without a doubt have a good, decent fight on his paws.

“If I’m not mistaken it would appear that you wished to be found?” Crimson started his tone calm and even, as he came to an absolute stop just a few inches away from the younger wolf. “Is there perhaps a reason for your noise?” He continued as he asked yet another question.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 17th 2012, 7:46 am

“Hello!!”

Immediately upon hearing the speech echo through the edges of the forest, Linnëa's body weight swung back on her hindquarters. Her back feet dug into the earth as she slowed herself. Eventually, she skidded to a rough stop, her head swinging to her right in the direction that the voice came from. She recognized it as the male she had met earlier on. Linnëa stood still then, her head still turned as she pondered who the male called. She shrugged. Perhaps it was just a general hello. And if it was a general hello, then Linnëa herself planned on answering it. "Kvetha! Hello!" She boomed with a few amused laughs, turning with her weight still swung to the back of her body. Then, with a few thundering steps, she moved off, her back legs practically beating the ground as she propelled herself forward. It felt so good to not be so ill.

“If I’m not mistaken it would appear that you wished to be found? Is there perhaps a reason for your noise?”

Linnëa's entrance to the scene was interesting to say the least. She came bounding out of the foliage, her eyes bright and all of the aspects of the female's self were awake and buzzing with activity. When she finally entered the area, and saw her alpha as well as the other male, she slowed down to avoid colliding one of them. A smile was upon her maw. "I'm finally.. Better." She explained quietly. Such words would only be heard if one sought them, otherwise the quiet mutter could be perceived as if she was talking to herself. "Nice to see you again, Lelio. Crimson, this male was hoping to join the pack earlier." Linnëa said, louder this time. Calmly, she lowered herself to the ground, her tail waving contentedly. She held a smile on her face, and a few week's worth of unspent energy in her heart. It caused her to feel exuberant and maybe even a bit mischievous, but she did not plan on causing anyone trouble in the form of pranks or jokes. Linnëa would rather run, run, run.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 17th 2012, 9:57 am

Lelio had been surveying the area around him. A few of the things his mother had told him had been true but it was far to early to tell if he was in the right place or not. It was not long before his call for someone made one wolf appear. He was a decent sized wolf, and looked as if he expected a fight. Giving the male the smile that made him popular with others he sat down.

“If I’m not mistaken it would appear that you wished to be found? Is there perhaps a reason for your noise?”

The younger male was about to respond when the female, Linnea, showed up once more. Lelio pretended to not hear the soft, "I am Finally....Better" It did not seem like something for his ears. Instead he decided to play it off and scratch his ear. He bowed his head in greeting when the soft looking female greeted him and turned eyes to the male now knowing to whom he was talking to.

"She is correct in saying i am looking for a pack, but not just any pack. If i am right, my father used to be part of this pack, and i want to know what happened to him." He said his voice suddenly serious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 17th 2012, 12:01 pm

Whatever Linnëa had heard, Liafi had not heard it. Startled by yet another change of pace, the small coy wolf raced after the khaki female. Her chest heaved as she panted, paws flying and tongue lolling.

When she came to stand next to the female, she noticed that there were two others - males. Suddenly smitten by shyness, the small female backed away and tried to make herself as invisible as possible. Liafi's gaze watched the two males and Linnëa fearfully. One male had been the one she had seen before - hadn't he been looking for someone?

Her answer came when he announced himself as looking for a particular pack that harbored his father. Liafi stared sadly at the earth. How nice it must have been to have a living parent. Jealousy clawed at her heart as she laid down with a solemn expression to her. This was no place for her to interrupt - she had nothing worthwhile to say that would be benevolent for anyone there. She would, however, keep a close eye on things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 17th 2012, 12:32 pm

Lelio had been so intent on the male in front of him that he failed to notice that he was gathering a bit of a female entourage. He smiled at the female and then looked to the one he only briefly had seen before. He did a double take she she looked sheepishly down.

Her coat was soft, and tanish. She looked as if she were trying to disappear, so different from the female that stood beside her. Over all she was very attractive female. He hoped that she would join this pack so that he could get to know her better, perhaps get her back story.

He shifted gaze to the female Linnea. She had a strong quality hidden behind her small frame, no doubt a formidable she-wolf. He would also like to take the time to get to know her as well. His eyes laughed at himself, knowing his luck they were both spoken for, if not this day just got better. He gave his best smile at them before turning back to the male before him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 17th 2012, 12:55 pm

Linnëa's gaze was caught by Lelio for a few seconds. She immediately seemed to lose her composure in sudden confusion at the look. Never, in her time at Banishing Winds Pack, had one so obviously checked her or any other female out. Her eyes were stuck for a moment, before they darted away to hide from him. She didn't catch his smile, but she did catch his stare.

Though disgruntled by quite a bit, Linnëa did not shrink away but firmly and bravely held her ground. She was not used to it, no, but she knew that there was more to come. She had also seen his look to Liafi as well. With this thought in her mind, the khaki female turned to see the small coywolf trying to hide behind herself. She gave her a calm look, and dipped her head slowly. "Perhaps.. Now would be the time you could be accepted." She said softly to the female. "This is Crimson, our alpha male. And none of us shall harm you." She looked up, and then looked at both the males. She knew Crimson would not, and Lelio either, but she figured if Liafi saw her somewhat protective, challenging look it would make her feel better. At the end of her stare, she calmed her expression, winking quietly with the eye Liafi could not view.

I just want her to have some peace of mind. She thought, but did not say. Her expression now was pretty obvious though.
(Lame ish.)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 18th 2012, 12:10 pm

A rusty orange pelt moved slowly closer, her stomach hardly brushing the earth and her treads making but a whisper. She swallowed a stone that had been building in her throat since she had scented others of her kind. The female wasn't yet close enough to see the others, but she knew they were closer than ever. She could hear the voices of others.

A small, orange creature crept into view of a brown female, cringing immediately and swinging her tail under her stomach. A nearly inaudible whimper of fear passed through her maw and she timidly drew her hues to the earth. Her pale rusty ears flattened in submission to the larger female, and this is when the small wolf looked up.

The small canid whimpered and looked up, speaking for the first time in months. "P- Please," she cringed, "may I stay?" she squeaked out the words, then dared to raise her eyes to see the earthy coloured female. The rusty femme had soft, brown eyes as her slight figure shivered in fear of denial. "P-- please?" she whispered again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 18th 2012, 4:55 pm

"P-Please, may I stay? P--please?"

Linnëa turned to the cowering orange female that almost layed upon the ground before her. There is no need for such submission... The khaki female mused, her expression taking on a concerned look. She didn't need that.. She was just a delta. Slowly, she lowered her hind to the ground, lowering her head to the small fae's eye level. Her blue eyes were soft and relaxed, and she was careful to make no sudden movements that might startle her. She was then sitting calmly, and she added a kind smile in to attempt to comfort her.

She gave a careful look to Crimson, and hoped dearly he would not mind this. Then, returning her gaze to the female, she spoke. "Of course you can stay." She said, dipping her head in greeting. "I'm Linnëa." She did not ask for the female's name in return. If she wanted to give it, then so be it, but there was no need to take a chance of making this wolf uncomfortable. She looked to Liafi as well with a smile, and then moved her gaze to Crimson once again. "If you do not mind, Crimson.. I'll go ahead and accept these two females. They seem like they would be great additions. Of course, you can eat me later for it if you disapprove." The last words came out in a joking tone.. Almost.

"Now, you two.. We have four ranks. Scholar, for healing and medication and those strong of mind. Guardian, for those protective and brave and courageous of heart. Hunter, for the cunning, quick and strategic. And, last but not the least, Scouts, for fleet of foot with plenty of stamina. What would you like?" She finished her short speech of ranks, and watched carefully, listening for the two replies she dearly hoped she would receive.

(In the RP, she has not been announced or promoted to Alphess.)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 18th 2012, 5:23 pm

The rufus wolf looked up. "May I please have Scholar, as my rank. I am quite good with plants, and not that great with anything else." she said, still in a nervous voice. She kept her tail and ears low as the female rose. The wolf seemed nice enough, but wanted to be sure before putting her trust into others.

"I'm Lani," she said, nearly a whisper. She took a few steps and neared the crowd, but stopped and sat, away from the others. "Thank you for accepting me," she rose, took another few steps, now at the edge of the group. "Into this pack," she sat beside the nearest wolf and tried to relax.

Lame post shall be lame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 19th 2012, 12:15 am

In her attempts to remain hidden from the males, Liafi felt her pelt rise in the feeling of being watched. Her gleaming eyes flicked up the the brown male, whose name she had yet to catch. He was giving her the strangest look that she had ever experienced in her life. It was like she was a type of prey too precious to eat.

Shuddering, she would be quick to admit that when the male's gaze turned to Linnëa, she felt a great deal of relief. It was when the russet female appeared that Liafi began to believe that she was about to lose her mind. However, Linnëa was speaking to them both. Before, she had asked the other male - Crimson? - if he would accept her into the pack. Her? Accepted? It felt so foreign, but it was a welcome kind of foreign. Now, the khaki female was taking it into her own paws.

The other female, whose name she had not caught, answered before Liafi could. The coy wolf blinked slowly. She was unfamiliar with ranks. Usually, she did everything she could for herself (poorly, she might add). "
      I - uh - I believe that I might do best as a scholar as well. I know a decent amount about plants," she replied timidly. Her gaze turned to the wolves gathered. Would they think her weak for choosing brains over brawn or speed?

Stop worrying about them, Liafi. Here, you are a friend to these wolves. Friend. Not enemy she told herself firmly. But, how long would that last?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune May 19th 2012, 1:34 am

"Nice to see you again, Lelio. Crimson, this male was hoping to join the pack earlier."

Crimson sat patiently waiting to hear what the male standing before him had to say, in response to the Alpha’s question. With his brown orbs focusing only on the stranger before him, Crimson neglected to notice Linnea’s appearance. That is, until the delta began to not only speak, but offer pleasantries to someone called Lelio. Slowly, Crimson shifted his gaze away from the young male and over toward Linnea’s figure. From appearance alone she seemed to look better than the last time he had seen her, which was when she departed on an exploration with Adena. It was brief, but as he took her image in for a bit longer he felt a sense of relief come over him. Of course, such feelings should only come natural, if it was someone you cared about, and Crimson definitely cared about Linnea. She had been the first one to really talk to him, and show him around when he had been accepted by Kira. Yes, Crimson could honestly say that Linnea was probably one of his closest friends now. “You look better Lines,” was all he said before Crimson turned his attention to who he now figured was this “Lelio” character Linnea had greeted.

"She is correct in saying i am looking for a pack, but not just any pack. If i am right, my father used to be part of this pack, and i want to know what happened to him."

With his attention now fully focused on Lelio again, Crimson listened to the male respond to what Linnea had said just moment ago. When he finished speaking Crimson could only stare at the male as confusion seeped in, but even confused the older male managed to maintain an unfazed expression. “And who exactly would your father be?” He inquired first, just before he shifted his shoulders and allowed a small faded sigh to escape from his maw, Lelio’s question had stumped him that much was certain, but at the moment Crimson wasn’t concerned about digging any further and trying to make sense of a question, when he had not even been given all the details. Not to mention, more pressing matters seemed to be showing themselves as three new females made their way into the clearing, Two of them appeared to be rather shy or perhaps they were just quite, and would eventually open up? Whatever the case, Linnea seemed to be taking care of them and even went as far as to accept them both. Normally, that was his and Kira’s job, but the blackened female had departed from the pack as well, leaving only Crimson to accept new arrivals seeking membership. Truthfully, it wasn’t that big of a deal because for the most part the pack wasn’t growing at the time and if any loners should up…they either left or were few in numbers. Now however, unfamiliar loners seemed to be popping from every direction. This brought him back to the one female, who hadn’t spoken a single word to the group, and simply appeared to be watching or perhaps even observing them instead.

“Hmm, and who might you be?” Crimson questioned smoothly, as he arched a brow and waited for the female to reply.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 19th 2012, 10:23 am

"May I please have Scholar, as my rank. I am quite good with plants, and not that great with anything else."
"I - uh - I believe that I might do best as a scholar as well. I know a decent amount about plants,"

"Great! Welcome to the Banishing Winds, you two." Linnëa said in a very happy tone, smiling exuberantly. Her happiness at the new members was not just collecting collecting members, but finding new and different friends. She enjoyed every moment of it, too! Her eyes gleamed with happiness to the two newly appointed scholars, and her tail began to wave back and forth at a steady pace. Two new friends! Her thoughts said. Or, at least, she hoped that Lani would become a friend of hers. She was fairly sure that Liafi considered her to be a friend.

"I'm Lani. Thank you for accepting me into this pack."

Linnëa nodded contentedly. "You're very welcome, Lani, and it is a pleasure to meet you." She finally gained control over her tail again, and curled so it framed her sitting position. The last few inches of it still moved slightly and against her will. She feared subtly that her over-excited attitude might scare either of these two shy wolves, and fought to contain it, though it still boiled just beneath her skin. So she then sat, awkwardly calm in demeanor, but her eyes were still bright and attentive.

"You look better Lines,"

"I'm much, much better." She replied happily, her attention turned to Crimson now. Something stirred in her. The hair along her back pricked up slightly at the feeling. She was not sure what it was, but as soon as the awkward feeling passed through her it was gone without a trace. She was confused by this, but otherwise dismissed it the feeling as a chill. Her hair calmed down and laid flat again, and she released a breath of air. What had that been about?

“And who exactly would your father be?”

Crimson inquired this from the male, Lelio. To be honest, Linnëa had not a clue and was not any help on the question. Her eyes focused on Lelio as well. So, this male's father had been in the pack? She immediately regretted not knowing much of this pack's history better. What had this pack gone through before, when she was not a part of it?What was the member history? She wondered, if in her travels for herbs and things, she might find one of the older members. It would definitely be something that would please her by several measures. Her tail almost began to wave contentedly, before she slowed it so that it was only a dulled down wave.

“Hmm, and who might you be?”

Immediately she followed Crimson's attention to the beige and cream female what sat quietly a short distance away. The female held an even stare towards every one of the wolves grouped around her, and she sat almost awkwardly. Perhaps not. But the way she had sat down was what caught her attention. The female seemed.. Uncomfortable. Or maybe just trying to hide something. The khaki female did not find this threatening, but more concerning. Her mind began to buzz around from subject to subject as she measured what this could be, though her demeanor only showed an openness to the beige female. Other than that, it was quiet and revealed little.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 19th 2012, 11:12 am

Rhoswen took her time, watching each and every single wolf present. Her eyes flicked from one to the next, not frantically but with a sort of analytical interest. They moved first to the rusty orange female. Rhoswen found the mere color of her fur distasteful. It was unnatural to her, and seemed glaring among all the soft beiges, grays and browns. She had lowered herself so her belly brushed to dirt, her words stammering and filled with obvious trepidation. Rhoswen was too far away to tell whether the female’s legs shook as she spoke, but her guess was that they did. And then there was that whimper, the whimper of fear. Rhoswen couldn’t help herself, she felt repulsed by this creature, by her apparent weakness. She begged, Rhoswen could just barely hear the words. She called herself Lani, and appeared to earn acceptance – though Rhoswen for the life of her, could not understand why. As if on par with this thought, a memory surfaced in her mind. It was of her mother, Caoimhe. Her words rang in Rhoswen’s ears, as if admonishing her for her unkind thoughts. “There is no such thing as weakness, only undiscovered strength.” Rhoswen had never agreed with this. How could she, when weakness was so obviously abundant?

Her gaze moved to the next figure, another female who crouched hidden behind a beige colored female who spoke with confidence and energy. The crouched female displayed fear, uncertainty. Rhoswen’s lips twitched, but she attempted to refrain from snap judgments. She could not help but think, though, that uncertainty made one vulnerable to lies. Rhoswen shifted her paws. She was in no hurry to finish her analysis, as none in the group seemed to have taken notice of her. They were all tied up in each other, in smiles and flirtatious glances and fear of retribution. All just a means to an end, Rhoswen reminded herself. Her gaze flicked over the khaki colored female. She seemed unusually exuberant, and such displays of almost childish joy held no interest to Rhoswen. She had never been a particularly energetic creature, nor given to child’s play. Her Un—no, her father, had raised her differently. Rhoswen’s gaze slipped to the male, who seemed to exude confidence. Rhoswen felt her attention snap to him at his words, words that Rhoswen only caught snatches of. “father…what happened to him…” Rhoswen found herself frozen. The words, the intention, his desires, seemed to mirror her own. Though she could not possibly know this from a few snatched words. But the mere thought caused her own grief and desperation to rise inside of her like a tide. It showed in her eyes, flashed across her face. And Rhoswen didn’t hide it. She had never seen the point of concealing one’s self so completely.

Rhoswen forced her eyes away, though her thoughts remained on this male, this one who called himself Lelio. Her gaze went to the last member, a male who’s gaze had finally settled on her.He held himself with a subtle sort of authority, a position Rhoswen could respect. She settled her gaze on him, observing him just as he did the same to her. He was handsome, in a regal sort of way. He had eyes that made Rhoswen think he had seen much, and said little of it. And above all that, perhaps most important to Rhoswen, he appeared honest. She dipped her head to him, greeting him and him alone with respect. Her eyes were neither calm, nor hard. They were something she did not bother to put a name to. She spoke quietly, though not in a fearful sort of quiet. More in the confident sort of quiet, when one knew they would be heard. “My name is Rhoswen, Crimson.” She used his name, blatant and obvious. She had heard it be passed between lips, and dared use it now. Perhaps it was a show of defiance, perhaps a test for a reaction. Perhaps Rhoswen acted purely instinctually, and now waited to see the results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel May 19th 2012, 4:46 pm

How do I plan on seperating the elk? The question struk the male. He, for sure, wasn't the best hunter of the pack. He could catch small game without a problem such as a hare, like before. Thinking now, the brute grumbled softly beneath his breath. "Maybe I should go in first and try to intimidate the bull, which will hopefully chase him off and the healthy cows and calfs will follow after. Leaving the weak ones. The weaker ones will be unable to keep up and fall back, lossing a lot of engery. At the right moment, when the cow is least execpting it, we attack and bring her down rather quickly from her energy loss." Phantom shook his head slowly back and forth. From left to right. "I hope this will work.." he muttered quickly as he looked up at Blackice.

I hadn't thought of a plan like that since we arrived here.

Gazing at the herd of elk once more, Phantom nodded with the point of his black nose. "There. That one." He was pointing at a skiny elk with a raggy brown fur covering over it's weak body. It was rather obivous that the cow was the weakest of them all. "She's the one we want." he muttered into Ice's ear. "With there only being two of us... and if the tohers follow that large bull up there." his golden eyes looked at the bull then back to the cows "they will be sure to follow him and keep up unlike her."

Oh please let this plan work to feed the pack!
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next