Arisah
Cinnamon
Adena
Finn
Rune
13 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 7 Empty Re: Great Plains (Main Den)

Post by Guest April 23rd 2012, 5:33 pm

Lelio bowed his head to the female and beat a hasty retreat in the direction the female had directed. It was improbable he would find what he was looking for, but it was worth a shot, wasn't it? His mother had not raised him to be a quitter, he and would keep looking until he found the answers.

He sighed and picked up his pace, on his way to find someone who would help him discover what he needed to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale April 25th 2012, 5:17 pm

Gale had hesitated before going into the river. The two females he had been in the company abandoned the banks quickly, the ocean becoming their top priority. He minded not in the slightest, in fact, he smiled. It had been a while since the former beta had seen such happiness on Adena's features. Before this, he had only seen it once, though it wasn't quite as strong as it was now. With quiet movements, the male propelled himself through the water. His paws churned the still liquid and sent ripples that echoed around him and towards the two banks. His fur was a good protection against the water; it didn't reach his skin. Instead, it just seeped into a certain point of his coat before being pushed out; it was kept away from his undercoat. Every movement he made in the water was like a fluid dance because of the slow progress that he made. For some reason, he was taking a leisurely pace instead of hurrying straight to his friends. It was odd for Gale was normally a wolf who rushed in order to make sure he could ensure no danger fell upon anyone. Then again, they were more than able to take care of themselves. Powerful females in their own rights, Adena and Linnëa could fend for themselves if absolutely needed.

However, the sound of snarling sounded in his red-brown ears. It was from an unfamiliar wolf and that alone caused the male's fur to bristle with hostility. However, the answering snarl belonged to Linnëa and Gale quickened his pace from a leisurely walk to a fast run. His paws struck in a continuous rhythm, the sound of his pads meeting the earth sounding like the beating of a heart. Trees flashed by in blurs of brown-grey and green while his own multi-hued body moved like lightning. He was almost desperate in his movements to reach the sick delta. There was no way he'd forgive himself if she were attacked while in her current state. In fact, he'd blame the entire thing on himself for not being there with her. As he kept up his face pace, the grass beneath his paws flew upright to expose the dirt beneath.

"Stop snarling and we will stop being hostile, and you have no place telling us how to care for our pack,"

It didn't take him long to overhear Adena's voice addressing the unfamiliar wolf. Soon, his paws took him to the lead scout's side and he looked at the other female who seemed to have gotten beneath Adena's fur. Very gently did he brush his flank against the scout's, a warm smile on his face. Gale turned his head towards the stranger and studied her appearance. She was an arctic wolf, such became obvious to him due to her smaller size. The pelt she carried was thick and was white with grey streaks. Her eyes were the most startling feature about her, they were a bright blue. To him, they reminded him of Kira's icy blue eyes. He kept his stance powerful to assert himself despite the fact he lacked a rank within the Banishing Winds.

"I am sorry. When I haven't eaten in a few days, I get moody. It just hard to find food out here in the middle of winter. Want to hunt some rabbits or something with me? Uh, what is your name?"

"It is good that you apologized, but it was not wise for you to snap at the delta of our pack." His voice was louder than usual. Such was because of the fear and anger that ran through his body beforehand. "I am Gale and this is Adena," he motioned to the pretty scout then turned towards the pretty khaki female who encountered the loner before, "and this is Linnëa. I am afraid that I did not catch your name due to my absence."

[Lame..]
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 25th 2012, 5:41 pm

Releif washed over Linnëa as Adena arrived. She had really thought that this wolf intended to harm her a lot, and the fact that her close friend was now at her side brought near instant comfort. However, she refused to completely relax. Not now. Even with these wolves she still felt exposed, and now somewhat embarrassed. She was weak, and this wolf had exploited that. Linnëa did not plan on trusting this wolf at all, until she earned her trust.. But now rather than being neutral this female, Jay, was below neutral. Not hated, just an inherent dislike because of the recent acts committed. The khaki females eyes remained fixed on her, not turning or moving to the sounds of Gale's approach or Adena by her side.

"Stop snarling and we will stop being hostile, and you have no place telling us how to care for our pack,"

"I am sorry. When I haven't eaten in a few days, I get moody. It just hard to find food out here in the middle of winter. Want to hunt some rabbits or something with me? Uh, what is your name?"

The middle of winter? What was this female talking about? It was the end of fall, and hardly any snow had fallen yet. She was confused now. Very confused. When Gale moved to the other side of Adena, Linnëa looked to him, concern flashing in her eyes. She did not like this wolf. Her ears pinned as she found him to be looking at Adena instead, and her point did not get across. Linnëa wanted to leave. But she would have to wait. Turning away, she stared at the wolf as she heard Gale take in a breath to speak. She felt the creeping of the sickness, like sap on a tree. Slow, to the point of being threatening. She almost cringed at the looming feeling. She didn't want to go, to be fuzzy and confused. Obvious stress mingled her expressions then.

"It is good that you apologized, but it was not wise for you to snap at the delta of our pack. I am Gale and this is Adena, and this is Linnëa. I am afraid that I did not catch your name due to my absence."

Linnëa did not hesitate to speak herself. The female had asked a question that had not yet been answered. "No, Jay, I will have to pass on hunting rabbits." She replied, masking her hostility and discomfort in her voice. Her words were neutral, void of much feeling or emphasis. They were also rough, low, and quieter than before, for the sickness was on its way back in. Her eye lids drooped slightly, though she took in a few slow breaths of air in her nostrils as she tried to catch the alluring scent of mint. She could catch a hint of it, but rooted in place, she made no move to retrieve any.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 25th 2012, 6:00 pm

Jay begun to notice the approaching pack that occupied this area. Her eyes start got more submission-like. Her claws penatrated the ground below her feet. She could smell the mixed scents surrounding her.

"It is good that you apologized, but it was not wise for you to snap at the delta of our pack. I am Gale and this is Adena, and this is Linnëa. I am afraid that I did not catch your name due to my absence."

Jay slightly jumped when she heard a loud young male voice. She felt over-powered, yet, calmed by his use of words towarded her.

I am really sorry. I tend to get hostile. But, I know you guys now, so, no reason to be aggressive towards you. I am Jay.

She said with a friendly bow in resoect of their presence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 25th 2012, 10:48 pm

The soft wind that buffeted the low foothills chilled the thin body of the canine as she traced a path along the outline of a pack's borders. Her lemon-grey eyes flashed in the light of the sun that warmed her back. She was not known to the creatures that had made the boundaries. Their rules were unknown to her, just as her games were unknown to them. Growing up with the likes if folks that she did definitely would make or break anyone.

It had both made and broken her.

She shuddered at a more powerful gust before boldly browsing the territory line. She had made sure to catch her prey outside of the borders, so that they could not accuse her of theft. As she ventured in deeper, she began regretting her decision. There was no guarantee about these creatures being the slightest bit friendly, so when she saw a brown male (Lelio) heading in her general direction, she ducked out of the way. He would not need to know of her being there.

Of course, only her tawny appearance blended with the foliage. Her scent would not be the packs, and she would likely be found. Yet, he seemed so distracted.

Yes, she would wait for him to pass before moving on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune April 25th 2012, 11:37 pm

"Food for the Pack, as you wished. I'd say there haven’t been wolves here for quite some time, as the Bison were all spread out, not in a tightly knit herd"

Crimson silently listened, as he recalled who he was hearing and what position the male had within the pack. His mind however, wasn’t all there and his thoughts slowly began to drift away as the thought of following Adena, and Linnea entered them once more. Boredom was the only thing Crimson had encountered after deciding to remain within what would now be considered the “Main den”. There was also the odd female he had discovered, but after she had left he had saw no other signs of her existence. Maybe she was still around, or perhaps she had only been passing through the area? Until he saw her again such a question would go unanswered.

Eyes still placed on the male who had now apparently stopped talking, Crimson zoned back in and gave a soft smile. “Is that so? Well, I suppose we did in fact find an excellent place to call home…right Falco?” Crimson spoke, the name of the male rolling of his tongue as if it were one he had always known. “It is a beautiful kill, and it appears I made the right decision when I returned your former rank to you.” He continued, though this time he was shifting his shoulders.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 26th 2012, 12:17 am

“Is that so? Well, I suppose we did in fact find an excellent place to call home…right Falco? It is a beautiful kill, and it appears I made the right decision when I returned your former rank to you.”

Falco gave a nod to Crimson, he seemed to be happy with the kill and spoke thankfully to the alpha. "Thank you Sir, I wont Disappoint. I think we have Sir. It is a nice place indeed."

He sat still exhausted from the kill. Waiting on the Alpha, to speak or to do something that would require him to also do something.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena April 26th 2012, 1:56 pm

Adena was glad Gale appeared at her side, for if he hadn't, she probably would have lunged at the cheeky loner in a flash without regret. Then he would have had to pull her off the other female - or possibly the other way around. Gale stood beside her, close enough for their flanks to be touching. As she breathed in sharply, she brushed against Gale's warm fur. She flinched, her entire body shuddering lightly under her red-orange winter coat, but not from the cold. Adena felt too warm under her pelt, something that she knew, with a sense of reluctance, was because of Gale. But she didn't didn't step away as had he not been there to make her hold her breath, she would have leapt at the loner and sank her teeth into her fur. The red female wasn't very into anything that would involve interacting physically with another, and she hadn't thought Gale was either. So with his fur against hers, she felt slightly uncomfortable. She let go of the breath she had been holding and her side pressed against his. She remembered where they stood from across the river when Crimson had first come to the pack. She and Gale had stood there quietly, only exchanging a few words. If he had brushed his pelt against hers then - which he wouldn't have done at all - she would have leapt away as if she'd been scalded. But somehow she didn't mind as much as she might have a few months ago. Adena had come quite a long way since.

She looked up at him with silver eyes and a little frown, slightly bewildered. She saw him smiling warmly at her. She looked at him for a moment more, her gaze focused directly on his engaging green eyes, before letting a little smile of her own twitch at the edge of her mouth. She looked away quickly. There were more important matters to be dealt with than the fact that Gale's fur was brushing against hers and that he was smiling at her for no apparent reason. When Gale turned his attention to the loner, Adena gladly followed suit, still not stepping away from the male at her side.

Adena wasn't angry, simply irritated, and she just thought that the stranger deserved whatever came her way. Her smile turned into a silent snarl in a flash as a warning to the stranger. It didn't matter to her whether or not she was hungry, whatever time of the year it was. She had no right to come into their territory and challenge Adena's friend simply because she felt like it. She wouldn't let Jay get away with it, even though Gale seemed incredibly calm with her.

"I am Gale and this is Adena, and this is Linnëa."

The femme remained quiet as Gale introduced them, though she didn't let her snarl disappear from her maw. She flicked an ear in Linnëa's direction, and sensed the khaki's distress because of her sickness. She wished again that she knew how she could help her, but at least she could talk now. "No, Jay, I will have to pass on hunting rabbits" came her reply to Jay's proposition. Adena arched a brow gracefully at the loner. Gale still treated the situation without any angry tone in his deep voice, and for that Adena was glad. For a moment, she considered pressing her pelt against his, but changed her mind. Her side was still brushing his and sending waves of something through her, something that confused her deeply.

"I am really sorry. I tend to get hostile. But, I know you guys now, so, no reason to be aggressive towards you."

Her snarl left her face, leaving her usual blank expression behind. But although Jay bowed her head, Adena's icy eyes did not soften. She stilled completely, not moving a muscle. The fire-toned female even kept her stance neutral and her fur flat at Jay's 'guys'. She wished to snap at her for making light of her behaviour. Challenging a delta was nothing that would get by Adena lightly. And saying that they knew each other wasn't true. They knew each others' names, nothing more. She didn't feel in the slightest way comfortable, and that wasn't because she was still standing pressed up against Gale's flank. The thing that worried her most was that she was utterly comfortable with Gale's close proximity.

Adena wondered if this encounter would interfere with their plans on going to the ocean. She sincerely hoped not. She couldn't remember the last time she wanted to go somewhere so much, but the thought of seeing the beach and the sea made her excited, an emotion almost completely foreign to her.
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2012, 4:40 pm

Lelio continued on, his steps soft and fast paced. The scents of pack were getting stronger, and his excitement grew. This could be it! He knew he was nearing the main den when he was hit with the strongest smell of pack life yet. He stopped his heart still, if he had been any less observant he may have missed the female that apparently was hiding in the shadows. He decided to ignore her for now, mistaking her for a member of the pack that was keeping an eye on the new stranger.

He stepped into the open where it was likely he would be seen the fastest. And waited heart pumping fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 26th 2012, 5:38 pm

Orik wondered the new terrain he thought it wise to know a place before deciding to settle on it. Why he came to this place he would not know just started traveling one way hoping for the best where ever that may be. With orik there was no staying in one place for long aftering taking his fill of an enviroment and its natives it lost its appeal. That was his excuse lack of appeal though in reality he just felt alone and as if none would ever understand the words that were uttered from his muzzle. Its did brother Orik, but being alone being different was not a shameful thing to him if anything being unquie made him highly proud. For those different from the rest ussually brought about the tide of change to reshape their own for the better. Things would always need improvement there was nothing in existen that was flawless

A cool breeze ruffled Oriks fur as birds chirped their medaloies to each other from the tree tops it was a joyous tune or so it sounded to Orik. Why he loved the birds was just another thing about him were others would just walk past it he would stop to listen and enjoy the tune. After a few minutes of listening the birds parted as did he to further explore the vast landscape before him

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel April 28th 2012, 11:19 pm

Phantom nodded as his mate spoke of hunting at the moment. "I can see that your just as hungry, as well as looking half starved to death much life myself." A little chuckle shot out from his jaws and he rubbed into Ice."I don't know of all the prey here yet, but i think there's elk. Like i said before, some of us found out that we're rather close to the roaring sea, so there is probably something new and differnet out there for all of us to experience." He sighed lightly as he continued on with his eyes locked onto his rather large paws. "It's been so long since i last saw you, Ice. I don't even know where to begin on asking of your forgiveness for not waiting for you at the river before the pack moved on without you." A quick small whin came out of him. It hurt him to know that she was there and he left, like she wasn't even there. "I will never be able to fogive myself. Let alone, i dont know how your even able to speak and be with me right now after we went through all of that, alone."

Keeping his thin body still, he really didn't know what to say next. Words could not even begin to describe what he had felt like when Ice was missing from his life for those months. Sleeping alone, away from the others every night, made him cold. He couldn't eat like his normal self. Until the one day, he had convinced himself that she was, indeed, gone forever from his life. Most wolves, would vanish but not Phantom. He wasn't leaving this pack without a fight, the same for Ice. "I endured so much pain, that i can not even descibe it to you or anyone. I dout anyone would understand inless it's you or someone that has lost their mate forever." Spirit. The white female popped into his mind for a second. What was it like to see your true mate's corspe right there in front of you, dead. Fionna wasn't his mate. Just close to being. So it really wasn't the same. But he now understood the pain of not being with the one your truely love and care for.
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 29th 2012, 11:38 pm

When the male walked on, Liafi slipped from her hiding place and trotted toward the area where the most noise seemed to be coming from. Her eyes flicked to the left and right endlessly as she looked for who would be the one to approach her. However much she was afraid of being rejected, the thrill of maybe being accepted kept her from turning around and running for the hills. She noted a darker male speaking with a startlingly bright one. There was a huge variety of colouring in these wolves that had gathered around.

Wind blew her fur, whispering secrets about things that she might not have known. Something about the pack made her feel like it was nostalgic, but she shook that away, knowing that she had never been there before. She also noted the male that had gone passed her. So he wasn't one of the pack?
Just marvelous she thought bitterly. She had hoped that he had been part of the pack, so that he could take her to their leader, but she supposed that no such luck was to be had.

Slipping passed where he stood, Liafi narrowed her eyes. The sun was shining brightly, thus the need for the narrowing, but she would cope. The smell of the sea felt like home more so than it had in years. Maybe that was where the nostalgia came from. Her raising-home had been near a sea that extended further than the sun could shine, and it smelled as though something of similar nature was near. "
Hello?" she called out. Her voice managed to remain sturdy, but it sounded hesitant.

I am not weak she told herself. She could handle it if someone decided to attack her. But, if all these wolves decided she was an enemy...she might as well kiss her tail good-bye.

Last edited by Liafi on May 1st 2012, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale May 1st 2012, 11:04 am

"I am really sorry. I tend to get hostile. But, I know you guys now, so, no reason to be aggressive towards you. I am Jay."

Gale dipped his head towards Jay, though it wasn't out of respect. It was more that he was acknowledging that she had given her name. His green eyes were clouded with thoughts as they swam across his eyes like minnows in a shallow stream. However, there were ripples in the streams of his eyes; it was impossible to tell what was going through his mind. To the outside, he appeared like he had when joining the Banishing Winds. He held a stance that wasn't offensive but it wasn't completely defensive either. It seemed to be bordering between both. However, for the first time in a very long time, the dark aura that had lain dormant was now making a reappearance. While he may have mellowed out for the most part, he was only collected around his pack mates and very close friends. Outsiders were a different story. To them, he was Gale the Western Wind. The green eyes that were a startling contrast when compared to his rather normal coat held a friendly yet cautious light. They didn't burn with the hatred that often made an appearance during times such as these. There were thoughts in his mind, but he kept them from making an appearance in his eyes or from being voiced. After all, he shouldn't scare away newcomers. Especially since he'd been doing so well with the pack as of late. That and he didn't want to lose friendship with Crimson. That was far too precious to him.

He felt it when Adena flinched after their sides made contact. She shuddered slightly but did not step away like he had initially thought she would. It seemed that the two of them had come a long way. Like Gale, Adena didn't seem to be fond of contact with others. However, it seemed that the former beta had wiggled his way into her small world of companions like she had with his. Then again, Adena probably wasn't in love with Gale like the latter was with her. Yes, the male had fallen for the pretty lead scout. That had been the realization that had pulled him back to the territory. Adena let loose a breath and her flank rested against his before they were only just brushing. He could tell that she was tense and had been five seconds away from launching herself at Jay who just stood across from the trio quietly. The lead scout looked at him with a small frown and a touch of bewilderment in her eyes. However, she smiled at him slightly before turning her attention to the loner like he had. Still, she did not step away.

"I can't leave you alone on our newly found territory," he stopped for a moment and pondered quickly before speaking again. More quietly this time, "unless this has already been claimed and we've missed the scent markers." He shook his head at the thought. They would have found something had the beautiful land been claimed beforehand. "However, I can also tell you are alone. Therefore, I'd appreciate it if you'd accompany us if my two companions are fine with such. We are heading towards the sea."
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 1st 2012, 1:39 pm

"I can't leave you alone on our newly found territory, unless this has already been claimed and we've missed the scent markers. However, I can also tell you are alone. Therefore, I'd appreciate it if you'd accompany us if my two companions are fine with such. We are heading towards the sea."

Linnëa opened her maw to speak, attempting to reply and say that she did not mind if the female accompanied them. When nothing but a slight noise came out, and her voice failed her, she looked to the ground with a somber expression. Even if she had spoken, her mind was too hazy to manage but a few words before confusion would grip her. She still felt good enough to continue to the beach and back, but this time it was not dehydration that plagued the female or a mix of lack of water and the ilness. She stopped her thoughts right there though, which considered what her problem was now. She had too many problems. Linnëa just felt like a nuisance, like she was slowing them down and she did not want them to get mad at her if they thought she was having to be cared for. She looked away with sudden awakening in her eyes, her blue irises flashing as her head turned from the other two. Mustering the last of her energy, she hastily padded away from them and towards the river. The scent of the nearby mint grew more potent as she walked, and her nostrils flared as she tracked the alluring smell.

She snapped up some of the leaves from the plant, chewing them with an irritated look. She was absolutely sick of being sick. And now that she realized it, she was even more annoyed and repulsed by it. Refusing to succumb to it, to continue to get worse and worse and eventually slip away, she continued to smell. Other than the earthy smells of the flora, she smelled practically no small prey that a sick wolf would be able to chase down. She wondered, however, if there were fish. She was a decent fisher, and if there were any it would only take a dive of the muzzle to sink her teeth into it. Squirrels, mice, and especially rabbits were out of the question.

Turning to go straight to the river, she continued her energetic walk. It would not last long, and Linnëa knew well that she had better use it to her best abilities. Perhaps the fact that she had eaten herbs, but no substance along with it, had been her problem. She bet it had been. The water had helped, but she feared now that without food the mint held little effect. Stopping at the edge, she scouted it for a good perch. She found a suitable one that jutted out into the depths of the ravine, and alighted herself upon it, thinking hard to maintain her short bout of determination. Every few minutes, a fish did slip by, and when she saw the flash of scales she hesitated not to attempt to catch it. After about twenty minutes of hit and miss, she felt her teeth sink into flesh. Her head pulled from the water with a decent sized, and squirmy meal. Victory was hers. Hopping lightly over the small amount of river that separated her rock and the bank, she stumbled and tumbled over the pebbles for a few moments as her final bout of energy was spent. Luckily, she kept hold of her catch and accidentally stretched the fish too far upon the awry landing, and eating it would not take as much energy as catching it. The fish moved no more, and Linnëa began to almost gorge herself on it out of pure hunger. She was so hungry now that she had food, that anyone whom might ask for a bite might lose a toe or two.

(Yeah, she's going to get better now... I'm sick of her being sick.)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 2nd 2012, 11:45 pm

Okay. So there are fewer here than you thought the small wolf female told herself. Not for the first time, her tongue swiped around her mouth in search for moisture. Okay. You can do this she though determinedly. Baby steps.

Turning from the male that also seemed relatively new, Liafi gave him a quick dip of recognition before trotting toward the trees and the bubbling babble if a brook. The water was shallow enough, and the sun glinted off of the scaly fish that darted from place to place. The coy wolf sat upon the sand and gazed at the shining bits that flashed. She wondered what life was for them. More than once, she had made a meal out of the little things. They were a lot more filling than one might think they would be.

After gazing down at the water, her gaze caught on her reflection. She looked like what she was - a travel weary female who was the size of a yearling at best. Frustrated, she swiped at the water. Why couldn't she have been blessed with good looks? With the wZater stirred, the fish swam away. Leaning over, the female lapped up water that was crisp and cool despite the heat of the day. When she had drank enough, she rose.

Uh oh she thought, coming to the realization that she had no idea where she was. "Great. Now I'm lost in a pack's territory," she grumbled. Her feet were moving, though, leading her down the shore. Almost too late, she took notice of another specimen eating fish. The dappled female took a step back, watching this other one intently with fear. Another step back and she was almost certain that she had managed to go undetected.

Well, that was until her paw slipped on the damp surface of the beach, and she was sent sprawling backward into the water. It splashed up and around and clung to her pelt. There was no chance that she would get out of this one. The other female looked a bit touchy. Liafi gulped, wondering what would be in store for her. She hoped it wasn't something ad, because there had been too much bad and not enough good.

"
Sorry!" she yelped. As she tried to stand, she came to notice hat her hind paw was stuck. In an attempt to hide this, she merely sat there and tried to look as nonthreatening as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 3rd 2012, 7:29 am

Linnëa jumped slightly when another female appeared. Upon seeing her, the very small wolfish creature took a step back and seemed to be retreating. Linnëa saw the females paws, the unreliable ground, and the concerned wolf's expression. Opening her mouth to warn her, she managed not a single word before the small wolf slipped and ended up dampening Linnëa's coat. Linnëa was not angry though, more amused. Now that the female was closer she saw the coyote in the wolf, and indeed the wolf was a rarity. The smallish female got up and had a look of genuine fear directed towards Linnëa herself. I would comfort this one, but I cannot speak still. Linnëa dipped her head instead, trying to calm the coy wolf.

"Sorry!"

That was when she noticed the subtle movements in the females body that signaled discomfort. Her eyes lingered there then as she studied the females back legs, and she noticed her back paw was stuck. Not only was this female stuck, but she was small. Recovering from a sickness and even from a past injury, Linnëa could sympathize with this one.

Getting up from her fish bones, Linnëa carefully circled the wolf, looking at her paw. She immediately saw how it was stuck and how to get it unstuck. She spared a calm look to the female, and dipped her head again, trying to tell that she meant no harm. The past master scholar carefully looked to the foot, and then bumped it out of its captor's grasp with her muzzle before immediately backing off from the female. She then laid down calmly, feeling the need for a nap soon. I could take a nap on the beach, of course being careful to not be swallowed by the tide. She thought to herself. She smiled then to the coy wolf, already liking her for being purely careful and not offensive in the least. Besides that, though dangerous, Linnëa had always liked coyotes. They were small and silly, like mini wolves, and the khaki female had pitied that they were so hard to get the trust of.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 3rd 2012, 8:09 am

Whatever Liafi had been expecting from this other female, it was not what she had gotten. Before she knew it, her hind leg was freed from the rocks and the female was curling up to sleep. It was odd, she would admit, that this other did not speak. However, she did smile at Liafi. A smile!

Her mind reeled as she tried out to see if there was any damage to her leg. It slowly descended to the earth, and was soon having weight put on it. The paw was tender, but aside from that, she was sure that it was fine. A grateful smile crossed her mouth as she looked at this other female. "
Thank you," she murmured, just loudly enough to be heard.

Should I introduce myself? she wondered. This female had helped and had shown no signs of anger or disgust. She did look tired though... "H - Hello," she finally squeaked before this other female could get angry with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 5th 2012, 11:47 am

Ice nodded in agreement at first until she began listening to Phantom speak of how much regret, pain and loneliness he had felt, all his words did indeed seem to throw stabs at herself and Ice tried her best to keep calm as she replied.

"No, I hold as much blame as you do my Phantom... For I shouldn't have been so thoughtless to stray away from you and the others as I did. As for my forgiveness that should never be questioned as I will always forgive you and only you no matter what."

It was true that Ice was very soft hearted and forgiving to many no matter what they did, though at times this was seen as one of her biggest weak points. Ice remained close to Phantom and gently ran her face against him when a whine escaped from him.

"I have endured the same hurt on my travel back and now that I am here with you it has eased..."

(Ugh sorry it's short I was kinda rushed for time. I'm not going to be on til' late Sunday. So yeah, bye!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel May 6th 2012, 9:16 pm

Phantom shook his head as Blackice spoke. "No. It's all my fault. I should have stayed at your side no matter. No matter what the cost would be. Don't blame yourself when you know i'm right." Looking down at his paws now, the male grumbled on "I should have tracked you down. Being a scout like you i could have found your scent much more easier in the air then on the ground like the others. I could have told them that i was going off to find them and not to worry of me. My size alone could intimidate any stranger off."

Moments went by without anything until Blackice broke the silence once more. "Why must we agrue over this. Your back home and with me and that's what all matters."
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 6th 2012, 10:00 pm

"Thank you"

Linnëa smiled in her laying stance that she had taken up, dipping her head as a dismissal to the act. You're welcome. She wished to say, but she knew that no words would come out if she tried. She attempted to maintain a smile, but secretly hungered for seconds of a fish. She did not have the full belly she wished for. Apart from that, she was curious if this female coywolf was hungry too. She gave a look towards the river, her ears perking towards where she had been perched before. It was still there, of course, jutting out into the babbling river. Some drops of water were still upon its light grey surface, shiny areas of liquid from where the fish had flopped and dispersed the last bits of its home. Her mouth watered at the thought of another fish.

"H-hello"

Instinctively, Linnëa opened her mouth to reply with her own hello. But, all that exited her mouth was a tiny squeak of a voice, as she caught herself. She could not speak again, yet. With a look of definitive irritation directed to the ground in front of her, she showed her annoyance at herself. Maybe the smallish wolf would notice the illness that hampered her speech and movement now. She stood up, and motioned to the river with her head. Was the female hungry, and would she try to fish with her perhaps?
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 6th 2012, 10:19 pm

The marked female tilted her head to the side when the one that she had been in encounters with failed to speak. She blinked, wondering if the other female was mute. Just peachy she thought bitterly. Of course, the first real wolf that she had encountered was one that was not speaking. Maybe this pack was full of strange beings who did not speak unless they trusted another. In that case, how did anything get done?Grunts and tail wags

If that's the case, I had better leave she thought sadly, wishing that, just once, she might find a place to rest happily for a singular night, without the fear of having another judging her for things not determined by herself. Her ears pressed back sadly before she noticed that this female was indicating to the river. Was she trying to get at something?

The skeletal remains of the fish that the other female had devoured remained at her paws. What if this other female was sick? Liafi gave her another glance over. Was she unable to properly fend for herself? The idea made Liafi feel terrible, so she padded to the shore and stared down at the flashing bodies of silver, with a soft and kind, "
Here, let me help you. This was not her first time catching the tangy little organisms. She knew well that, though they were small, they filled the belly quickly.

A larger, more plump organism caught her eye. They trained on it for several heartbeats, so when it came to a halt for some reason that she was unaware of, Liafi lunged forward. The water splashed against her face in a refreshing way, and when she pulled back, it was in the trap of her fangs. Backing away, the coy wolf placed it in front of the brown female. Her tail wagged hopefully, as if hoping that this was what she had meant by indicating to the waters. Her own belly churned with hunger, but she could wait. This other female obviously needed the food more than she did.

"
My name is Liafi," she admitted silently, eyes on a lone clump of grass that sat not far from her feet. How long had it been since she had last introduced herself to another? Would it even matter now? Would this female even be able to tell anyone that there was a kind hearted loner in the territory? One that was not a threat to anyone's safety? Liafi looked hopefully to the sun. How nice it would be...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 7th 2012, 10:26 am

Ice then looked out across the new lands, what awaited them now made Ice quite eager to explore but, after a full stomach and rest that was. Finally she spoke with a grin and slightly wagging tail,

"Well, I don't know about you but, I don't think the elk or whatever is gonna wait for us. So shall we go have some fun like always?"

The playful brightness glimmered in Ice's eyes once again and they seemed even brighter than ever now that she was home, beside Phantom... This was where she belonged now and forever. Another part of her was also anxious to see all the others again too and maybe meet new members as well.

Yeah, everything feels like it should be now. All there is left to do is perhaps one day to fulfill the dream of beginning a family... Though that will be something to work up on, besides what is the rush? I just got back it's time to make up for lost time and have some fun.

With that in mind Ice lifted her nose to the air for any scent of near by prey and then awaited her mate's word to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel May 8th 2012, 7:55 pm

Phantom smiled at Blackice. "We should make it a small kill since theres only two of us and how many of them out there. If we can manage to make a larger kill, we will inform the others of that and of your return." Looking off into the distance, the brute breathed in everything. He was once more happy with his life. He had his mate, Ice, back at his side to stay there until the end and the he felt like he had finaly made himself welcome here. It was his home. Everyone was getting along and the pack life was by far much better then the life of a loner. "Maybe we can get a sick cow. We would need the band of hunters to take a bull down. Or maybe an injured calf? I hate killing the young for no reason at all. If it is injured or ill with no hope of healing at all, we can end it's pain all together."

The scout looked over the horizon once they had reached a hill. A rather large elk herd was below them, grazing on the long tall grass. Yuck! Being so clsoe to the sea, that would taste horrible! Snorting softly from the thought, the male noticed something about the stomachs of these elk. They were swollen. Nothing like a cow expecting, it was much larger. "Look how swollen their stomachs are. Maybe it's from being so near to the sea that the 'sea grass' mixed with rain water causes sweeling. If im right, i hope they're still able to eat because the pack's been hungry lately."
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver May 8th 2012, 8:57 pm

"Here, let me help you. "

Linnëa began to shake her head, but before the female could the wolf already turned away. Pushing herself to her paws, she padded after her with a concerned look. She had not said that she wanted the female to accomadate or feed her, she was asking for a fishing comanion. With a sigh of loss, she turned and alighted herself on a different perch. She didn't want the female to feel the need to care for her. It was not necessary. In her desparation to become even with the wolf by giving her a fish as well, she quickly moved to a good point and stared determined at the water and occasional fish below her paws. As the coywolf caught one, Linnëa caught her own as well, but she didn't care to look at the size.

"My name is Liafi."

The coywolf replied as the wolf dropped the fish in front of her. Linnëa gave her own to the female, but noticed it was far smaller than the one she had received. I've given her the smaller one! She explaimed inwardly, with a guilty look to the fish. She hastily snapped it back, pushing Liafi's fish back to her. She didn't want it. She had already eaten one anyway. Backing up a few steps, she attempted to make it clear that she had no intentions of eating the larger one. This female, in her mind, was a guest. And guests always got the best item, yes? This female was kind, and very giving, and she knew that even though she was not full wolf, she would be a great addition to the pack. Linnëa felt something stir in her chest, and she dropped the fish, coughing for a few moments.

"I'm Linnëa, and it is a pleasure to meet you Liafi. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.. But I meant to ask if you'd like to fish along with me. " She smiled again, her voice was quiet and calm. She picked up her fish again, sitting down, and then laying down, to begin to consume the second one. She mutely wondered where Gale and Adena were, but she liked this new female, and felt rather comfortable with her. Her tail began to swish contentedly.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2012, 7:40 am

Disappointment coursed through the coy wolf as the other female declined the fish she had caught her. It had hardly even mattered when the fish caught by this silent brunette was smaller than the one that Liafi had caught. She stared down at the two limp fish at her paws and sighed. Thy were there, so she might as well eat them.

Lowering her head, Liafi began to eat the smaller one first. In a sign of gratitude, she wagged her tail. No one had even been so kind to as much as let her drink from a water source within a territory. Now, there was this pretty brown wolf that was also offering food.

The small fish was finished quickly, so she took a bit of the larger one. This one did. It taste as good. Liafi supposed that it was the taste of rejection. Her ears flattened against her head. Thinking was a dangerous thing for her, because it always led her to feeling rather blue. However, something rose in the air that snapped her attention from the fish.

"I'm Linnëa, and it is a pleasure to meet you Liafi. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.. But I meant to ask if you'd like to fish along with me"

Sorry... Liafi tried to roll the word over in her head, but it had not been used by another in a long, long time. At least, not to her. Liafi stared at Linnëa, wondering if there was already a hate plot against her. "O - Oh," she mustered. It was all she could bring her math to form. Honestly, she felt like a moron. A fishing parter, Liafi! You could do that! Nodding to herself, Liafi finally turned to look back at Linnëa. "I would be more than happy to he- accompany you," she responded.

Liafi beamed with hope, which had decided to sit a smile on her muzzle. She gobbled up the remainder of the fish at her paws without tasting it. When she turned back to Linnëa, she smiled, and her tail wagged calmly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next