Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 13 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 1:32 am

Taru flinched as she felt his cold nose touch her neck. Her eyes almost opened as she felt something. Was she.... was she moving? Her eyes flashed open. This brute was carrying her, seriously carrying her. She didn't move, afraid that his teeth might puncture her neck flesh. "Um...." Taru was about to say something, but realized she didn't know the male's name, "What is your name, big guy?" she asked, letting him carry her as if she were injured. Her lower body was dragged in the snow, but it was still amazing he could drag her.

As they neared the river, Taru began to feel uneasy. He wouldn't really put her in the river. Pale eyes tracing over a few pieces of ice that broke off from the freezing edges of the water, the female whined suddenly. She was still afraid that if she moved, his sharp teeth would pierce her.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 1:44 am

Altair put her down instantly. The duo were still several feet away from the river but someone still could fall in; he positioned himself between her and the roaring water. His pale amber eyes probably seemed to have an almost bluu-green hue added to them thanks to the dark blue colour of the water and the greenish tinge of the ice. He could hear several larger sections of ice break off of the riverside; he flinched inwardly.

"Um...." Taru was about to say something, but realized she didn't know the male's name, "What is your name, big guy?" she asked, letting him carry her as if she were injured.

"Altair," he replied calmly. "And you are?"

When he heard her whine, he visibly flinched. He felt horrible about causing her to grow fearful of him. He lowered his head so he could look directly into her eyes.

"I would never put anyone in the river, least of all you." He breathed as he lifted his great head again. His eyes constantly flickered toward the river just to be safe.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 2:01 am

Taru let out a relieved sigh as she was released. Her torso fell to the snow and she turned around to face him before settling down on her stomach. She noticed his reaction to her whimper but said nothing. The fae was glad he had placed himself between the river and herself, made her feel much safer.

"Altair," he replied calmly. "And you are?"

Wondering if she shouldn't tell him, the female thought for a moment. Names were something quite personal, and getting close to another was not something Taru did often. She looked up to find him looking directly into her eyes, head lowered to be her height. "The name is Taru, nice to meet you," she answered, the lame rhyme coming out of her mouth. Figuring since she had already told others her name, that it wouldn't be such a big deal, the words were easy to say.

"I would never put anyone in the river, least of all you."

The female nodded, smiling softly, "Thats good to hear," she replied, flicking her tail around her paws for warmth. Altair kept looking at the river and it made her laugh slightly. "Don't worry. If I fall in, I can swim," she reassured him she was not defenseless because she was tiny.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 2:17 am

"The name is Taru, nice to meet you," she answered, the lame rhyme coming out of her mouth.

Altair nodded to her and quickly stretched. Faint popping sounds could be heard from his shoulders as the joints went back into place. Taru would most likely be able to identify that he had caused his body a bit of stress from before carrying her since the sound was muffled. It was almost as if they were getting used to their newer positions beneath his skin.

"Don't worry. If I fall in, I can swim," she reassured him she was not defenseless because she was tiny.

"I wouldn't doubt that," he replied warmly as he flicked his dark ginger tail. "But the water's icy cold and no one likes to swim in that. Not even a swimmer such as yourself."

As he said that, a wave of water hit the shore a few feet from where the two were and sent a splash of freezing water into the air. Some settled on his pelt; he shook his coat for a brief moment.

Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 2:23 am

Looking away as the male stretched, Taru's ears twitched with every pop that his joints made. Her pale gaze returned to him as he spoke. The traced over the indentions in his pelt where either muscle or bone made it shaped. She wondered why they made such noise, as if he were an old wolf. "Your bones sound old," she commented, wagging her tail playfully, showing she meant no negative connotation by the words.

"I wouldn't doubt that," he replied warmly as he flicked his dark ginger tail. "But the water's icy cold and no one likes to swim in that. Not even a swimmer such as yourself."

The small female felt a light spray hit her pelt and she nodded, aggreeing with Altair. The water would definatly not be something she would enjoy. Maybe when Summer rolled around, the water would be nice then. She leaned back as he shook his fur, trying to keep the droplets from hitting her
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 2:30 am

"Your bones sound old," she commented, wagging her tail playfully, showing she meant no negative connotation by the words.

"A cougar got me yesterday," Altair said as he teased her by rolling his eyes at her. "I never did allow myself to truly rest and check on what happened. I was too busy taking care of Mahina."

He rolled his shoulders letting the joints he missed set back into place. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he held himself completely completely upright. Now, he probably could carry Taru without a problem but he was still slightly tired; he wouldn't. Besides he was sure the pretty young fae would like to be able to walk.

"Shall we move away from the river and go back to the clearing? Or we could move into the woods." He was just throwing some ideas out into the air. "Or we could stay here. Where it's wet. And cold. And wet."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 2:36 am

"A cougar got me yesterday," Altair said as he teased her by rolling his eyes at her. "I never did allow myself to truly rest and check on what happened. I was too busy taking care of Mahina."

Taru frowned, if she had known he had been attacked, she never would have let him carry her. "You should have told me," the female exclaimed, "You could have injured yourself more." She wasn't truly upset about him not notifying her, but more that she hadn't realized. Her nose twitched, she should have been able to smell the scent of cougar or his own blood. When Altair explained he had been taking care of Mina, she smiled, "That was nice of you. Well, thank you. Mahina probably could have used a helping hand, especially after the scene that went on yesterday." The fae nodded, listening to him begin to talk.

"Shall we move away from the river and go back to the clearing? Or we could move into the woods." He was just throwing some ideas out into the air. "Or we could stay here. Where it's wet. And cold. And wet."

A gentle laugh escaped her muzzle. "Your big enough to where I don't really get wet," she replied, for he was practically a wall protecting the small female from the occasional sprays of water. "But, you decide. I don't really mind wherever we go," Taru answered, flicking her tail with amusement.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 2:48 am

"You should have told me," the female exclaimed, "You could have injured yourself more."

"Whoa there!" Altair laughed. "If I knew I that I would hurt myself more I wouldn't have been able to carry you. I probably would have fallen right ontop of you and stayed there. You'd be nothing but a flapjack right now."

. . . she smiled, "That was nice of you. Well, thank you. Mahina probably could have used a helping hand, especially after the scene that went on yesterday."

He shuffled his paws, embarrassed. He wasn't used to praise from others. It had been too long since he had even truly conversed since he was turned out to the wild. The praise warmed him; he liked that.

"Your big enough to where I don't really get wet,"

"But, you decide. I don't really mind wherever we go," Taru answered, flicking her tail with amusement.

Altair shrugged. He didn't mind where they went either that is why he had inquired about what she wanted. Beads of water were beginning to form on his back and ocassionally they would run down his spine. Luckily his coat was water proof.

Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 2:59 am

Taru cocked her head at his comment. What a strange one it was. Flattened like a flapjack? She had never heard the term before. The female shrugged it off, watching his reaction to her compliment. He was a little embarresed. The shuffling of his paws proved that point. A small laugh slipped through her teeth, so Altair liked compliments. Rising to her paws, Taru began to head through the trees. She turned back to him, bowing playfully with a small bark to try and create a game of chase. Leaping back, the elegant female started to run. Her long legs spread across the ground, carrying her swiftly in wide strides. This was Taru's specialty. Speed, agility, and stamina was where the small female worked best. She wondered how well Altair could keep up.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 3:13 am

The second Taru barked Altair leapt to his paws. So she wanted to play a game of chase huh? He'd show that he was able to keep up with her. His long, well-muscled legs worked in perfect unison. The large loner was able to run fast but only for a few short minutes. That is why he was uneffective in when it came to the hunt. The trunks of the trees rushed past him in a blur of darker brown.

While running at this speed he felt invinsible. For several heartbeats he found himself in perfect synchronization with Taru but the fae always managed to flit away from his side. Altair had to slow down after a little while longer. He needed to conserve energy. He never allowed Taru's form to leave his sight but he did not make any attempts to try catch up with her. If he needed to he would put in one last burst of speed and tackle her into the snow but he was saving that.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 3:19 am

Pale eyes shifting to the side, Taru was suprised to see that Altair could keep up. Her nails dug into the earth, disrupting the snow and dirt with every step. She loved the feeling of running. It was something the fae could do for hours it seemed, especially if it counted. In situations such as hunting, or in this case, beating Altair, Taru accepted that it was ok to show off a little. Her legs shifted, changing her direction to avoid an oncoming tree. She kept an eye on Altair as he seemed to fall behind. The sense of victory caused her to move faster, breathing beginning to speed up as well. Her pale eyes shifted back occasionally to make sure Altair had not given up.

The minute he chose to stop running, the ebony female would stop to, just to claim her prize. Full bragging rights to say she was faster and better at running would be her prize, and perhaps the chance to use it against him later. A wide smile made her way onto her dark face, white teeth carrying tinges of scarlet blood from her meal earlier in the week.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 3:34 am

Altair's pads began to grow cold from the constant contact with the snow. It bothered him slightly but it wasn't totally uncomfortable. His speed increased drastically unitl he was alongside Taru again. He weaved around trees alongside her and leapt over any small trenches that appeared before his paws.

He could feel his energy ebbing away slowly but he knew that he could keep going since Falco and his hunters would bring forth more prey; they would bring more energy. His pace did not change as the two ran for at least ten more minutes. As wolves, they had a great deal of stamina but Taru obviously had more since she was not breathing nearly as heavily as he was. His weight also played a vital part in why he couldn't go long distances at top speed.

"You're not going to lose me easily," he panted when the two ended up side-by-side once again.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2011, 8:32 am

Elysia was abandoned again. This whole making friends and being social thing was not working out for her. One minute she was alone, then Taru came back. Elysia lips had split into a wide grin, her eyes twinkling as Taru traced the form of a rabbit. Rabbit was food, but also friendship. Then a male had approached, apparently named Altair. One minute everyone was conversing, except for Elysia who had been lost in thought. The next Altair and Taru were gone. Elysia did not appreciate this whole ditching thing. She decided to make herself very difficult to ditch, very difficult indeed. She stood, shaking the snow from her fur and shivering a bit. A good run would warm her up.

She breathed in deeply, finding their scents. An advantage of being so small, smaller even than Taru, was that she was fast. She wasn't just kind of fast or fast enough - Elysia was like lightning. Her paws hit the ground and she was off. Her bracken brown fur flashed through the trees as she followed Altair and Taru's scent. They had a good ten minutes on her and she was breathing heavily by the time she heard their distant voices. She pushed herself, her paws digging into the snowy ground. She eventually drew abreast of the two, doing her best to control her breathing. She sent them mock glares.

"As much as I appreciate being abandoned, why not wait for me next time?" She sent a special glare to Taru. "Especially you, I had this impression we were rabbit buddies or something. I dont know about you, but I dont just ditch my rabbit buddies." She cracked a grin at the two and winked. "And by the way, you're both going to lose to me." She pushed herself again, panting as she drew inches ahead of her two friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2011, 3:44 pm

(I keep getting lost .O.)

The male suddenly felt a longing for water, it was like his passion with no complacations. Next to eating and sleeping, which was where the male felt most like a wolf when he was doing these things. 'I hope their is a frozen river round here somewhere.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 3:44 pm

Taru turned to face Elysia as she appeared by her sides. Her comment on being 'rabbit buddies' made her laugh. This wolf was definatly growing on her. A low rumble from her made the loner's pace falter. Her belly was talking to her, notifying Taru she was hungry. "Speaking of rabbits," she called out as Elysia quickly drew ahead. She had to admit, the female was fast. Turning gradually away from Altair, who was by her side, the ebony female took aim for a rabbit that she had smelt earlier. Would it still be there? She didn't know. Her nostrils expanded, taking in the smell once again. Instantly, her pale eyes honed in on the small objet that was her prey.

Legs tearing across the cold earth, the loner was able to close the distance between her and the small hare. This was also one of her skills, small prey hunting. However, today would be a challenge for her, for she was already tired from racing with Altair. She pushed ahead as the hare took off, a sudden blur that vanished into the white snow. Her head lowered closer to the ground, eyes ahead and nose inhaling the scent trail. The female would catch it when it slowed, neck already straining forward closer. In an instant, ivory teeth impaled the rabbit's flesh.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2011, 3:51 pm

Shadow trotted through the forest feeling lonley. The others had their own problems and no one seemed to notice her slipping away from the pack. She needed time to think. The whole pack thing asn't working out for her. She growled. It was probably her fault. Maybe she should've gone with her brother to find her family. But that didn't feel right either. She was running farther and farther away from the densite. Her paws took her to a small creek. She stopped. The creek was partly frozen. Shadow drank some of the ice cold water and thought she should go back to the den. But who would even care? She shook her head and laid down. She was tired and fell fast asleep.
(lame. =( but i have no clue what is happening in the rp, and i wanted to make a post before there are even more pages to read. x.x not complaining or anything.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear June 20th 2011, 5:05 pm

(just a heads up guys, posted pages ago, Falco called all hunters to him :D , just so you guys know! It was by howl.)
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2011, 5:21 pm

(Oh, thanks Falco. ^-^)
Shadow woke up to the sound of a howl. It seemed all the hunters were being called. She got up and trotted through the snow and forest until Falco came into view. "
I wonder if we are going to hunt..." whispered Shadow under her breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 5:29 pm

"And by the way, you're both going to lose to me." She pushed herself again, panting as she drew inches ahead of her two friends.

"I don't think so!" Altair used his final ounce of energy into spurring himself on.

The closest he could get to passing Elysia was getting his muzzle to her flank. She was fast. Never had Altair seen another wolf move at such speeds. A pain wracked his sides; he slowed to stop, panting heavily. His tongue lolled out of his maw as he took fast, shallow breaths of air. It had been a while since he had to go so fast and Elysia was obviously made for it.

"We should have a contest in a few days." He called to the bracken coloured fae. "See if Roo here can beat you in speed. I already know that I can't, I'm too heavy."

He smiled as he spoke he hoped that she would think that it was friendly.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 5:44 pm

"We should have a contest in a few days." He called to the bracken coloured fae. "See if Roo here can beat you in speed. I already know that I can't, I'm too heavy."

Taru's ears perked, listening to the conversation. "What do you mean by see if I can beat Elysia? You mean your gonna watch me beat Elysia," she laughed, wagging her tail as she suddenly heard the call of a hunter's howl in the air. A wave of guilt washed over her as she released the grip she had on the rabbit. The female had not been thinking like a pack wolf, but as a loner. She had recognized hunger, and then hunted for herself, not once thinking of others. Picking up the limp ball of fur that was her kill, Taru headed back towards Elysia and Altair. She dropped it between them, "One of you eat it," she sighed, too guilty now to finish it. Her stomach still growled, but the loner would not eat. If she wanted to be accepted by the Banishing Winds pack, she needed to act like a team player.

The little female listened to the last traces of Falco's howl as it was carried away by a sudden breeze. Thoughts of hunting large prey, such as moose or bison, made Taru shudder. She was absolutely no good with big prey, besides chasing it for long distances. Due to her complete lack of muscular build, she could never finish the job except for with small hoofed animals such as deer or young others. The fae continued to think, wondering if she should go anyways, maybe be able to wear down the chosen prey and then let the rest of the hunters finish it off.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 5:58 pm

"What do you mean by see if I can beat Elysia? You mean your gonna watch me beat Elysia," she laughed, wagging her tail as she suddenly heard the call of a hunter's howl in the air.

Altair laughed quietly. His tail wagged slightly as he did so. The howl of Falco was recognized by him and he looked towards where the sound originated. Falco was a hunter that much was obvious to him; he knew that prey would be on its way soon. When Taru picked up the hare and started walking over to him and Elysia he was confused. But when she dropped it between him and the bracken coloured fae it became clear.

"One of you eat it," she sighed, too guilty now to finish it.

"If Elysia's hungry, she can have it," he spoke quietly and bowed his head courteously.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2011, 6:03 pm

Elysia skidded to a halt as Taru and then Altair slowed. She padded back to them, her flanks heaving and her tongue lolling from her jaws. She grinned at them, listening to their teasing. She puffed out her chest jokingly, strutting pompously towards her two friends. "Beat me? Ha! I laugh at the mere idea." She sent them a wink, sitting herself down on the ground. She was right about one thing, at least she had warmed up. She curled her tail around her paws, looking to Taru as she approached with a rabbit. Elysia raised a brow, looking to Taru. She smiled, "Obviously, he isnt one of our rabbit buddies - at least I would hope." She looked to Altair.

He didnt seem hungry. Elysia wasn't sure if she should move towards the meat. She was hungry, but perhaps they should bring it back to the pack. Her ears perked and she looked to Taru. "I have a better idea. We could bring it as a gift to Rune and Maiara, plus it would earn you some good points with the alphas. If I remember correctly, you're still a dangerous loner and I am your brave escort." Elysia cracked another grin as she looked between Taru and Altair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota June 20th 2011, 6:15 pm

Taru grinned at her rabbit buddy, laughing slightly. "Yeah, I guess that would be a better idea," she replied, swiftly picking up the rabbit. Her jaws closed around the furry meat, now unable to talk. She dipped her head to Altair in good-bye, turning towards Elysia. The female stood up, beginning to walk back towards the main den center. She said no words, hoping that if Elysia was as fast as she said, she would just eventually find her way in front of Taru.

The female did not look back. Something was bothering her, something, she didn't what of. Her paws kept moving as her mind ran through different ideas, unable to find a scenario of why she suddenly felt uneasy.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 20th 2011, 8:01 pm

((Couldn't wait till I got back to Colorado? Gee, thanks guys Razz ))

Mahina watched as Altair left to take a walk of sorts. A gentle sigh escaped the fae as she to stood up. The weakened female's legs wobbled slightly as she made her way over to Silver. Being careful not to wake her friend, she lay down next to white wolfess as silently as she could. A yawn parted her jaws as she lay down once more. Sleep is what she needed, maybe it would ease the stress she was under.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye June 20th 2011, 8:20 pm

Altair watched Taru depart. He knew that Elysia would most likely follow the small fae; he himself disppeared into the depths of the forest. The crunching sound of the snow was the only thing he heard when he walked through the woods. In this section there was a greater concentration of trees then any other part. A low sigh made its way through his system as he continued on his way. Why were there so many trees?

The running sound of the river vanished as he turned sharptly to the east. He wondered what Silver, Kira, Falco and Mahina were doing now. He must have been gone for at least an hour since the sun was starting to rise higher into the blue sky. This was one of those winter days were clouds did not exist.

Soon the trees thinned out. He stopped at the edge of the small glade where his companions were resting. Silver was still laying down and Mahina had moved to her. She must have needed sleep; he would not bother her. Instead of going into the center, he lay down and watched the forest for any dangers that may approach.

"Sleep well Mahina, Silver." He murmured.

Instantly he noticed that Kira was not far away; he moved until he was just a few tail lengths away. Altair lay his head on his massive paws and let out a breath.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum