Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 26 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Spirit July 6th 2011, 9:03 pm

Spirit nodded silently to the scholar. If she said the sickness had played its course and moved on from her then she would take her words for granted. She looked at the she-wolf silently for a few moments. Spirit had never really gotten the chance to speak with the female so she truly didn't know much about her, which made a slightly awkward feeling rise within her. Pushing the emotion aside Spirit let a smile spread across her muzzle once more. Perhaps this was a chance to see what Silver was like and who knew, maybe they could turn out to be friends. "Well I'm glad to see that you're doing alright then, Silver. I'd hate to see sickness get a hold of anyone and bring them down with it..." Her words faded as she remembered the pack's previous illness that had swept through them. Spirit had heard bits and pieces of the tale and knew Soran had been on of the members effected but she had never learned exactly what had happened. Shuffling her feet Spirit spoke once more. "I hear there was an illness before that swept through the pack." She didn't expect the words to slip from her mouth so easily and she felt like taking them back. It wasn't really a question but more of a statement to try and urge Silver to speak more about it. Spirit's desire to learn of the past event startled her but she was willing to take a shot at it if Silver was willing to at least briefly explain the event.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana July 7th 2011, 3:30 am

Kanae stood and slowly looked around the den with her good eye. Most members were still milling around, talking to one another. Suddenly, despite her fears, Kanae wished to be speaking to one of her companions. Soran was no where to be seen, Sprite appeared busy with Silver that left Elysia.

Kanae's dark chocolate orbs sought out the familiar pelt of her friend. Soon enough, she spotted Elysia but she appeared to be conversing with Rune. Suddenly self-conscious, the white she-wolf licked at her chest fur. Her feelings for Ninja were undeniable but she still found herself nervous around the Alpha male. He was still as handsome as ever but he didn't hold quite the same effect over her anymore.

She settled down a little ways away so the two could speak in private and she kept her eyes off of them, rather she looked at the other pack members. As long as they stayed further away from her, she would be fine. Dark chocolate pools were alight with excitement from seeing all the others yet fear was also visible in their depths.

"Relax, Kans. You'll be fine. Just hold your cool if someone comes over and speak as calmly as you can." The white she-wolf resorted to speaking to herself in order to calm the emotions within her small, compact body.

(I have WiFi here! That means I'll be on as often as I can ^^)
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 7th 2011, 10:23 am

Treesong walked back into the den's area, a large hare hanging from her jaws. A frown graced her features as best it could with the animal in her grasp. There seemed to be a lot more wolves around the den than there were previously just a little while ago.

A little more irritated than usual, Treesong settled herself on the cold ground. She dug into her prey, feeding her rumbling stomach. As she did this, she analyzed the wolves around her, studying their every move with critical eyes. But eventually she shut her own eyes indifferently with a sigh as she continued to eat. The scar down her face almost made it look as if she was crying if a wolf could do such a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 7th 2011, 10:30 am

"Yes, one of our elk's main food sources had been infected with distemper by a stray animal. " Silver said. She would have gone into more detail, but the thought of saying her part in helping made her stomach revolt. The female, though not admitting it often, was excessively humble and disliked saying "I helped with this" or "I did that and helped everyone". She then dismissed the thoughts of saying her part in helping, shuffling her front paws awkwardly as she finished thinking about it.

"Luckily, however, we cured and then vanquished the disease. But, one wolf did pass because of it." She continued, seeming to study the female before her. She had darker paws and ears than Silver, yet a lighter tail and lighter face than her. And, like Kira, Maiara, and others, her eyes were blue.

"I notice we are both rather uncomfortable due to the lack of knowing what the other is like. If you wish, I would not mind telling you my history so you have a better idea of who I am. It is not a large thing for me any longer. "
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 26 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 7th 2011, 1:58 pm

Soran rose slowly to a sitting position from his place under a dark pine laden with snow, his eyes scanning the stretch of territory before him. In the distance, he spotted to white forms near the den, barely visible against the snow. A closer look revealed the dark paws and ears of Spirit, as well as the slightly grayer form of Silver. His ears flickered as he heard bits of conversation drifting on their own around the territory, but he hesitated before approaching any group. To his left was the dark form of Elysia and Rune, with Kanae lingering not too far away.

Soran’s tail flicked as he stood to shake out the excess snow from his fur, a slow thirst beginning to dry his throat. A quiet bubbling of rapids sounded as he padded into the cover of the pine trees, seeking the cold liquid of the nearby creek. The male stopped at the edge of the gurgling water, dipping his head forward until his muzzle touched the creek before gulping down large amounts until his thirst had been slacked. Pulling his dripping muzzle out from the water, Soran moved to leap across the rocks towards a large flat one situated at the center of the creek. Small beams of winter sun struggled through the nettles, warming his chocolate brown fur as he settled onto the surface of the rock.

Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 7th 2011, 3:11 pm

"Small deer aye'. Are they easier to catch ?" He tried to seem friendly but he wasn't an outright social wolf. Although he didn't want to seem like he was bored or didn't want to speak with others, he just prefers to do it with as little number of wolves as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 7th 2011, 6:51 pm

Akera watched for any tell-tale sign that Insomnia didn't want to be here, but she found none. " Well I've only hunted elk once. But the deer, even though smaller in size, are much faster. They are easier to take down; if you can catch them." She thought back to all the hunting lessons with her brother. A pang of homesickness twinged in her heart, but she pushed it away. Looking up at the larger wolf, she said, "Not much of a problem for me, though. Not to sound conceited, but I do happen to run rather fast." She broke out one of her genuine smiles. She sure hoped that one of the hunters here loved to run. It would be nice to challenge them to a race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 7th 2011, 9:13 pm

Soske stood back up shaking off the excesses snow and bowed her head to the two wolves because she had no interest in hunting because she was no good at it. Her dad tried to teach her once and what took him 2 minutes to catch it took her almost a half an hour. Walking into the clearing she had no clue on who to talk to so she just sat down right in the middle. She also sat down because her leg was still hurt a little. Soske sitting down looking at everyone though it was an odd place for Soske being new and all. She had no real friends yet which she hoped would changed but unsure. She was close to her dad in her old pack and in this pack she didn't have a fatherly figure. Thinking of her past made her a bit sad but did not want it to show. If anyone asked it would just be because her leg hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 7th 2011, 10:22 pm

Spirit felt sadness wash over her as Silver told her of a member passing from the disease. Had that been the wolf who had passed before the pack made it's journey to the winter den? Grief rose within Spirit for the lost wolf, even though she didn't know them very well. It was another harsh reminder of nature's way of messing with things. Hardships were hard to past - Spirit had been through many griefs herself - they seemed to be a way of life; something one would always end up experiencing sometime in their life.

Pushing her thoughts away Spirit looked up at Silver as she offered to tell her of her history. Perhaps that would break the ice a bit, though her willingness to share it surprised her. Silver shared a similar appearance with her, perhaps the similarities ran a bit deeper - though Spirit couldn't make a guess on that. The white she-wolf nodded her head in agreement. "If you want to tell me your tale I'd be delighted to listen." A smile alighted itself on her muzzle. "Though I feel as though I should tell you mine then, in return; if you don't mind."

Movement from under a tree not too far off caught Spirit's eye. Beneath the extended branches of pine lay Soran, his brown fur shifting as he began to stir. She felt his eyes on her briefly as he scanned around the clearing before trotting off into the trees. A part of her wished to follow after him - perhaps plan a surprise attack - but she remained rooted to her spot, her attention on Silver's tale. Perhaps the large male would want some alone time as it was. Buzz from previous events was beginning to die down and the pack seemed to be a peace; something that always seemed hard to come by during the cold months. Turning her head back to Silver, Spirit wrapped her ashen tail around her paws to keep the warm; waiting for Silver to begin her tale.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 8th 2011, 2:10 am

His ears twitched every so often, as he listined carefully to her words. "But elk are more of a challenge and also more of a pack thing." He remarked, before dipping his head. Soske had caught the corner of his eye, and had started to drift away. "I'm not much of a runner myself, I think i'm fairly fast but I don't find it something that I would need to do a lot."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 8th 2011, 1:09 pm

Treesong blinked down at her meal. She had hardly finished all of it, but she had overheard many of the conversations going on around her. Specifically the one about sickness in the pack. Her eyes fell on the white wolf who had just regained her health.

She looked back down to her prey and then once again at the white wolf. Memories of another beautiful white wolf entered her mind. And then memories of blood spilling from that wolf made her flinch backwards, her eyes filled with remorse before quickly clearing.

Treesong then lifted herself from off the ground. Leaning her head down, she retrieved her prey between her jaws. She looked over to the white wolf and began to walk over.

Once she reached the snowy female she spoke, "I overheard your conversation...and it seems that you have just recently outran the sickness."

Treesong glanced away bashfully but quickly set down the hare she had just caught not too long ago.

"Here." She offered the meal to Silver.

Treesong continued to look anywhere but the white wolf, but her heart swelled with pride at her act of kindness. Would her mother be proud of this? Or would she be uncaring after what Treesong had done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 8th 2011, 7:06 pm

Akera watched Insomnia nod. Confused for a moment, she looked to her side, seeing Soske walking away, and she put her head down in a hurried bow. She didn't want to offend anyone, seeing as she was rather new. Turning back to the male, she said, "Elk were more of a challenge for our pack. I only went on the pack hunt once, because I was too young to do much. It was a very interesting experience that I would love to do again." Akera zoned out for a moment as she thought back to happier times in her birth pack. Shaking her head a bit, she listened carefully to the light brute. "That's what most of the hunters in my old pack were like. Me and my brother were the only ones who loved to run. We'd race all the time..." Akera stopped herself, not wanting to go spilling her whole story to the male.

This was a problem of hers: she trusted people too easily. She was already comfortable talking to Insomnia, yet she knew nothing about him. Akera was intrigued on how reserved the male seemed. It peaked her interest. Whenever a wolf seemed shy, she always wanted to get to know them. Another thing that could work to her disadvantage. Meeting wolves so quickly could end up dangerous. But Akera pushed the thoughts away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 9th 2011, 2:11 am

Soran shook out his fur gradually as large piles of snow began to gather from the trees to settle lightly on his pelt. What little sun was able to emerge from the clouds warmed by a few degrees, despite the heat sucking air around him. Glancing behind him, the male wanted nothing more than the comfort and security of Spirit beside him. Even with the past day’s events fading into nothing more than a small skirmish, he still felt wary of those who stood by Mahina, even as Dakota attacked with her own reason.

Soran curled his tail around his paws as he shifted around his place atop the rock. Fish willing to bear the cold of the creek had begun to flash their scales in the midmorning sun, though many still hastened to sleep until Spring. The male’s ears flicked as the creaking of many branches threatened to spill their load of snow. Even in the Winter, everything seemed alive and alert.

(lame…)

Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 9th 2011, 3:20 am

Spirit's gaze shifted from Silver to the new wolf that had padded over to them. The she-wolf was larger than herself and her fur consisted of various browns and grays. A smile began to tweak at the corner of Spirit's muzzle. It was a very kind thing of the she-wolf to do; thoughtful as well. But a feeling of awkwardness began to descend upon Spirit as a short silence began to draw out between the three. Spirit cast her gaze over in Soran's direction, shifting her paws in the snow beneath her. She felt like escaping everything and running to him. His comforting presence could help sooth the inner turmoil she felt and bring a sense of security around her. Even though the buzz about the attack seemed to be fading from everyone's mind it was still crystal clear in Spirit's head.

She glanced at the wolves around her, wariness rising inside her though her features remained placid. Spirit - no matter how much she tried not to - couldn't help but be nervous around a few of the pack members. Spirit shook her head, pushing her thoughts away before she got herself all worked up. Rising to her paws Spirit looked back at Silver with an apologetic look on her face. "I'm sorry but I think I need to go take a walk to cool off. But I will be sure to come back and talk to you soon." Spirit said. And with that she turned to start trudging through the thick snow that covered the ground, making her way towards Soran.

The creek gurgled with life despite the frigid temperature that brought chills to Spirit. She stopped a few short steps from the streams bank, eyeing the cold water nervously. Drowning was still a constant worry for Spirit and even though she was a decent swimmer she never trusted a stream's current which could easily pull one under. She shook her head looking up at Soran who was basking on a flat rock in the middle of the stream. A warm smile spread across her muzzle. "Would you like some company?" She said, flicking her tail behind her. But she didn't give Soran a chance to reply before she was hoping from one rock to another before finally reaching the one he lay upon. With two wolves on it the rock's surface seemed to suddenly shrink. Spirit sat down beside the Soran, pressing her fur against his to try and get as far from the swirling dark water as possible. The white she-wolf tilted her head back, looking up into the cloudy sky, letting the sun warm her fur as it peaked around the edge of a large cloud.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 7:38 am

"What was your brothers name ?" His head lowered to be inline with his shoulders, the male was more interested in other lives then his own. Which is why he stayed so quiet about himself, allowing few to see the real him. Wondering if he should invite her to hunt with him, but didn't bring it up just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 9th 2011, 11:45 am

Soran’s muzzle tweaked into a smile as Spirit skirted around the rocks to join him at his position on the rock, immediately appreciating the extra warmth and comfort she provided against the bitter winter air. Recognizing her fear of water, he scooted himself closer towards the edge of the flat surface, keeping his light brown pelt brushing her bright white one. The shallow currents of the water wouldn’t be much of a problem if one of them slipped to fall in. “Company would be wonderful.” He replied, despite that she had already placed herself next to him.

The male waited a few minutes before asking the question that seemed most important after the recent events. “Have you talked to Silver, Mahina; Any of the others?” He asked, touching his cold nose to hers. He had seen her speaking to Silver earlier, though he didn’t feel it necessary to ask the subject of the conversation, only if some of the hurt had been repaired. Seeing her talk with the Scholar reminded him that he still needed to speak with Kira, or Mahina if she would let him.

Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 12:22 pm

Treesong's ear flicked in acknowledgement before she turned and began to walk away. She started making her way to the edge of the clearing, intent on exiting. She had decided to go for a walk to clear her mind of memories. She heaved a sigh and shook her head with downcast eyes.

(what a short and cruddy post loool)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 12:37 pm

"His name was Eron. He was the one who taught me everything I know." She looked down for a moment. Akera missed her brother very much. He had tutored her in everything, making her a great hunter. She wouldn't be where she was now if it wasn't for him. 'Thank you, Eron. I miss you, buddy.' She wished him well in her thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 9th 2011, 12:42 pm

Spirit had to pause while thinking of a response to Soran's question. While she could easily say that yes, she had spoken with Silver the question seemed to run deeper than that. Silver was a nice she-wolf and Spirit didn't hold anything against her but she was still wary; of course not as much as she was around Mahina. Spirit looked down at the water, watching the scales of fish shimmer beneath the surface. She had thought about confronting Mahina, to try and talk to her about things to find some way through this. Before the event Spirit had felt the warmth of a possible new friend in the she-wolf but things have a way of changing; which they did with Mahina. Spirit felt the she-wolf still harbored hatred and jealousy within her, something that kept Spirit away from her. Her jealousy had already acted out once and if she were to talk to her one on one would it lash out again? Or maybe she would just walk away without saying a word to her... One thing was sure, she didn't want the female to become an enemy.

Sighing Spirit lowered herself down on the rock. Though the cold wind swirled around them the rock had somehow managed to retain some heat that warmed her stomach. Spirit turned to look at Soran. "Well... I have spoken with Silver. Though only briefly as we were approached by... er, someone." Spirit paused, she hadn't known the female nor heard a name to be able to put to her face. Shaking it from her mind she continued. "She offered to tell me about herself, her history. Silver doesn't trouble me, she's actually rather nice..." Spirit voice faded as though of Mahina came back. "But with Mahina... I don't know I just haven't got the nerve to go up to her. I'm always fretting something will happen and I feel I'll only end up making things worse." She sighed, lowering her head down onto her paws. She stared at the water silently for a few moments, watching to run over the smooth pebbles beneath it. Spirit wrapped her tail around her side for added warmth. "The buzz of things is dying down - which is good - but I can't get it all out of my head."
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 9th 2011, 1:58 pm

Soran listened carefully as Spirit answered his question; it would be a lie to say that similar thoughts had not crossed his own mind. If he came down to confronting Mahina and Kira, would he apologize, despite that he had done nothing wrong? The discussion he had had with Spirit earlier resurfaced, time would heal the two, though not without leaving a scar to remind them. If he could speak to someone for only a few minutes, it could be enough to repair some of what had been done. Shaking his head to clear his buzzing thoughts, the male watched as fish continued to flash their iridescent scales back and forth through the clear water. “Nothing will be the same for Mahina and I. I can be sure of that.” He replied softly, realizing that he had hurt the female in more ways than one. “Whatever is left to fix now, can be done at its own pace. I don’t think there’s any need to solve it all in one day.” He finished, sliding down to place his head on his paws for comfort.
Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 9th 2011, 2:17 pm

Spirit nodded in silent agreement to Soran's words. There was no real need to try and solve everything at once. Time will take it's course and everything will play out on the way. A shiver coursed through Spirit as the wind began to stir, picking up loose bits of snow to coat Spirit's pelt - though of course they weren't very noticeable. She eyed the water in front of her. While she felt nervous around water this creek was shallow and there was no real fear keeping her from playing in it. Except the sheer cold, she reminded herself. Spirit huddled next to Soran, his added body heat was welcomed in the winter weather. She lifted her head, and smiling she took a hold of one of the male's chestnut ears and tugged lightly. While she enjoyed talking Spirit couldn't help staying still for too long and the conversation seemed to have taken a sad decline.

[ Lame... ]
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 4:58 pm

He looked at her when her head tilted down and gave her a friendly nudge. Although he stayed silent since actions spoke louder then words. Before pulling his head slowly away, giving her a smile, as if it would cheer her up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 9th 2011, 6:23 pm

Soran grinned as Spirit grasped his ear firmly in her jaws and began to tug, immediately lightening the atmosphere around them. He felt a twinge of guilt for dragging the light conversation down to something serious, but shook of the feeling quickly. Now was not the time for dwelling and self-pity. Almost instantly, the chilling winter wind swept through the trees, breaking his thoughts and scattering brown nettles and snow to settle in the waters of the creek as well as his own chocolate brown fur. Shaking out the debris on his pelt, the male let out a light laugh as he tried to pull his ear away. “You know, if you keep chewing on my ears like this, I won’t have any left.” He joked, reaching over to paw at her good ear as best he could.

(eh...)
Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 9:57 pm

Akera looked up when the male nudged her. She hid the sorrow in her eyes and gave a small smile. "Sorry bout that. Thanks."She nudged for a moment, then smiled again at her newfound friend. She was glad to make one. Pushing away the last threads of thought about her brother, Akera looked on the bright side. 'At least I have a pack now. I've made friends and eventually maybe I'll make a life here. These wolves will soon be my family.' She wagged her tail a bit at the thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 9th 2011, 10:46 pm

Silver watched as Spirit slipped away, her hind end lowering to the ground as she sat down in the ivory snow. Her pale green eyes searched the clearing, as a small amount of stressed seemed to clog her chest. Where was Falco? Was she soon to be alone once again? Her expression hardened slightly, and she suddenly found the need to get up and move. She stood, and strode into the forest, aimlessly walking around the den site and slowly moving outward from it. Soon, she came upon the stream in her meaningless wandering.

She stepped to the small river, but where she was the top has begun to freeze. It was a cold day, there was no surprise from her in that. Her nose then tilted to the sky, and dark clouds billowed not far off. It was quite a violent looking snowstorm and it would not be long until it came upon them. Her ears pinned, not in worry of herself, but worry of the members that may not know of the storm.

A musical howl then echoed through the bitter cold air, traveling swiftly, a warning of the approaching tempest. Her head then lowered, and she placed her front paws on the ice. It was thick enough, she thought, to support her weight. Or, so she thought. It was thinner towards the center, where she decided she would walk out to get a drink. She carefully placed another paw on the ice, then the last one. She stood still over the shallow area for a moment, surveying and listening for any cracks. Even a miniscule one could be disastrous. When she heard none, she walked out further, until she heard a small crack beneath her. Holding her breath, she moved back, and the water that seeped through the crack proved useful for drinking. She lapped up some, and then froze as a much louder one snapped through the forest. She looked down, and under one of her back paws, a large crack seemed to cut through the ice like lightning. She tensed, and then was submerged in frigid cold. In her stress, the female had forgotten her common sense. She kicked towards the surface, gasping for air as her head burst from the water.

(Help her or don't, I was just going to let her have a drink but then she... Didn't? xD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 26 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum