Cashel
Dago
Rune
27 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Evergreen Forest - Page 2 Empty Re: Evergreen Forest

Post by Silver July 15th 2012, 5:42 pm

Forgotten, please edit your post to be in third person as soon as possible. Thanks! ^_^
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago July 15th 2012, 7:26 pm

"Cinnamon." He repeated with a wag of his tail. While he knew a smile on his face could be an ugly thing, he allowed a crooked grin to take the good side of his face. "Truly, my lady, I can think now of no sweeter word by which to call a wolfess, like one who dies of thirst can think of no sweeter song than a running stream. I thank you kindly for the honor of knowing your name, and if I must ever forget the words by which to call a wolf, let the name lost be 'Dago,' and 'Cinnamon' held fast forever more."

After she so sternly caught his averted eye, he met her gaze with more confidence, although such was unusual for a wolf like him. Dago had the carriage of a last wolf, one who skulked among the sick, the old, and the cubs deemed illegitimate. As an Omega, he'd been among the last to eat of a fresh kill, if he were permitted to eat at all, and first to feel the wrath of raging fangs in a fight, as he was expected to come between to combatants like a rodeo clown between a rider and a bull. He was built small, although still somewhat larger than the average female. His size helped him create the illusion of being smaller when faced with more menacing brutes. Standing, he was of near equal height with her, perhaps only a hair taller.

Despite his smile, there was a sadness to him, well revealed in the single functional eye. He explained it thusly, "You have brought me great joy this day, Cinnamon, and it pains me greatly to tell you goodbye." He said, "But before you lifted my spirits and taught me what is now the sweetest word I know, I scented other wolves here, and as my time in your presence passed too swiftly I detected others gathering in this place." The look of concern was genuine. "Do not mistake my scars as marks of valor, Cinnamon, for I am branded as a wolf much reviled by even those I would call my kin. Further, I have transgressed greatly here, for in my hunger I hunted lands that I knew belonged to another, and took prey that I knew was meant for him and those under his protection." Dago recalled a time as a pup when he saw a stranger killed by his alpha and the males of the pack for taking an elk for his starving family. The brute's mate and sole surviving cub had been chased off, and even to this day Dago shuddered to imagine what became of the two.

"Perhaps if I am swift I can maintain my sorry hide and live another day, although any moment following this will seem bleak by comparison, as I can imagine no finer place than this, particularly if I always recall it as it is now, with you so gracing it."
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2012, 8:37 pm

Artemis was nervous. She had been searching for weeks just looking for a safe haven to rest. None had been found until now. She leaped over a rock only to fall into a crack between to large boulders. She scraped her claws on the sides, but they only made her bleed. She whimpered seeing more of her red life-line drip onto the ground. The tall fae managed to get halfway up, only to fall back onto the ground with a thud. Her claws where already worn away from weeks of constant rock climbing. She suddenly feel into the hole of depression that had been following her for weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 15th 2012, 9:38 pm

Saphera looked around her making sure no one else was looking. She carefully stood up, but then she silently and stealthily began to walk away from the talking male and female wolf. She looked back and was a little bit out began to run, if they heard the noise they would surely catch her in her condition, but if they didn't and got a late start she may have a chance to make it away for a while. Saphera was thinking about if she got away she would think about joining this pack. She would have to base her decision carefully though. If Saphera made the wrong choce again there was no telling what would happen to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 15th 2012, 11:14 pm

Pinion’s body slowly relaxed as a light pelted female appeared from behind the thorn bush. It was Linnëa, and the hunter recalled many passing members speaking highly of her. Though as much as they others spoke, Pinion knew very little of the female himself. Despite being the Alpha, Pinion discovered she was the mate to a beta by the name of Gale. Pinion figured he’d crossed her path on her way to find the brute, and her impatience was evident by her twitching tail and slightly uncomfortable expression. However, Pinion welcomed Linnëa’s company. If there was anything the male lacked the most since his departure from Howling Stones, it was friendship; but it had not always come easy to the brute.

"How goes it?"

His expression in its signature placid state, Pinion gave his usual answer, “I’m quite alright,” he said, giving a small nod in acknowledgment to the female’s rank. “And how about yourself?” Behind him, the male heard a slew of voices and the heavy sounds of many footsteps. It was clear that he and Linnëa’s paths were not the only ones that had crossed.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 15th 2012, 11:28 pm

“I’m quite alright, And how about yourself?”

Linnëa smiled lightly, calming down a decent amount as she managed to slowly relax herself. It took her a few moments to fumble through the dissaray of her thoughts before she gave an ill-constructed reply, but a reply nonetheless. "I'm doing well, just, ah, looking for Gale. " She paused a few moments, giving a more intellectual add on to the past words. "And I'm glad you're doing well. It's nice to get to chat with you for the first time, in addition." Her tail began to sweep the ground back and forth contentedly, though her thoughts still wandered to Gale and his whereabouts. Hopefully he would come to see her soon enough, though now she was perfectly content sitting at this very place, and getting to socialize with one she had not had the chance to talk with. Even as alphess, she found herself on the same level as others unless she needed to give instruction or teachings. It was nice, in reality, to be able to be a buddy and a leader to the pack all at the same time. She most definitely loved her job, it suited and contented her.

She was already in quite a nice mood for several reasons, one being spring coming; not to mention the possibility of her conceiving a litter of pups sometime in the future. She had a mate, in which she enjoyed quite so much, she had not died at Windy Peak, and the bright blooming flowers and trees as they greened only caused her more happiness. Her smile never ended, even when her lips eventually relaxed in a normal position, the smile remained brightly in her eyes as she waited to hear a reply from Gale, or to see him emerge from the foliage nearby.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale July 15th 2012, 11:41 pm

Gale's tan coloured paws struck the ground with a well known pattern. He possessed a light step that showed he was wary. The pack had newly arrived at the Evergreen Forest that would provide the service of being their home for the spring and maybe even the summer seasons. Since the former was beginning to encroach upon the land, it was high time for the pack to move elsewhere. This particular forest stuck out to them; they chose it because it was healthy and seemed like it would host a wide variety of prey animals to keep the wolves alive. However, it had not yet been explored for any potential threats and therefore, it was a bit sinister despite the sunlight that shown easily through the canopy. Then again, in Gale's eyes, everything was sinister of late. He and Linnëa had become mates almost instantly after the whole avalanche ordeal, something that seemed to have mixed reception among his pack mates. The beta male cared not of what the others thought, of course. Mostly because his new found love was happier than he'd ever seen her. Like he had thought previously, he was falling for her as time went on. So far, he had not spoken it out loud; she was the only one who ever said, "I love you".

It made the Wanderer feel insanely worried because most like to hear the words immediately after them being said, but Linnëa had not given a sign that she cared. She seemed to give him his own time and never pushed for the words, something that made him like and respect her even more. Of course, he didn't realize he loved her until after they reached this land of green. For a brief moment, the pack had rested and regained strength and Linnëa went to each and every wolf, offering her assistance. Grace and a regal beauty was clearly evident in the khaki female and Gale was instantly bewitched. Why had he not noticed such before? Perhaps it was because he was slightly blind to all other females due to his enormous attraction to Adena. But now that such an affection was pushed to the side, he could see Linnëa in her true splendor. It was like the ripples that obscured one's vision in a stream had suddenly vanished and allowed one to see what was at the bottom. His heart had soared and become aglow with a powerful sensation that he had come to realize was love.

A howl broke his thoughts, one that rang with distress. Linnëa was looking for him and wished for his presence. Lately, the two had become inseparable. It was hard to find one without the other besides at this current point in time. Even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone, he found it near impossible to leave the lovely alphess' side. So without any hesitation, the beta male took off at a lope towards the sound. As he ran, he took a few moments to look at his surrounds and gauge any possible dangers. The snow was beginning to part from the land and revealed the light, dull green grass that laid beneath the layer of white. Small wildflowers that bloomed in the very frontal section of spring were just making themselves known to the rest of the world. These flowers weren't the bright, almost fluorescent colours that their cousins were, but they were beautiful all the same.

Soon he came across the pack and immediately did his green-eyed gaze seek out the alpha female. It was almost an instinctual thing by now. Beforehand, he had troubles with making sure his focus was solely on her but his mind set changed and now she was the first in his mind. His eyes softened when he caught sight of the tell tale khaki coat that symbolized his mate. The beta slowed his steps and stood quietly behind Linnëa who was speaking with a newer male known as Pinion. He did not know this new male; it was near impossible for him to maintain a calm appearance when he really wanted to drive the younger wolf away from the alpha. However, he knew that she would not appreciate such a brutish behavior and therefore, he kept a tight hold of the reins of control. That didn't stop him from keeping his green eyes wary. While the two exchanged words, he kept to himself and offered no introductions or greetings of any kind.

When the conversation between them seemed to just die after a short burst of sentences, Gale gently touched his mate's muzzle with his own and came to a halt beside her. A smile shown in her beautiful blue eyes and almost caused him to smile in return. But, his older personality played a part in stopping such a thing from occurring. Right now, he was in the middle of his personality that he gained from Taru and the one that he had unlocked on his own. Different traits arose at different times but he was careful not to completely turn back to the animal he had once been.

"I love you." Saying those words allowed the sea of feelings that had been bubbling up within him to come forth and express themselves. In the light of spring, now seemed to be the best time to truly show how much Linnëa meant to him. Especially now that he could mean it.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 16th 2012, 12:11 am

Linnëa's thoughts were struck down swiftly as Gale at long last came striding from the foliage. She quietly rose from a sit, her eyes bright and content as he approached. Her tail quickened it's melodic sway, and her smile emanated from her eyes and then through her entire body, quickly spreading over every essence of the female like some sort of harmless wild fire. Well, perhaps harmless, as long as she did not get too excited at his arrival. She did her best to remain calm and passive, but it became harder and harder as the male approached.

She noticed his wary look to Pinion, and almost gave a light chuckle at the sight of how he wished to chase the other male off. Like she would ever cheat or even think of flirting with another when she had such an incredible mate to be paired with. It comforted her as well, that he cared enough to show such emotion. It did not bother her, but she did give a glance to Pinion as to illustrate that Gale would not eat him. Maybe. She would most likely not let such a thing happen.

She did know that Gale had yet to say the sentence she had given at windy peak, the three words as large swells of truth and joy on the most wonderful beach. She did not mind, she sensed even in the depths of her mind that he was trying to do.. Something. She was not sure what caused him to not speak the words, but she figured in the least he meant them emotionally, but not verbally. She was fine with that. But, she was wrong. They would come.

When his muzzle touched hers she gave a smile, but soon calmed even further as he stood beside her. She then was about to wait for Pinions reply, until her quiet and now calmed thoughts were shot straight out of the sky as if they were some sort of heat guided, always bulls-eye-hitting, arrows.

"I love you."

The toll the three words took on the female was evident almost immediately. Her joy returned, and she turned to give him a quietly happy stare. She'd indeed been waiting for those words, but of course had not been anxious or nagging about them. There was no need, they were here now, and that was what had mattered to her. She was patient, all came in time. And now such words were placed before her. She leaned forward to press her forehead into his much thicker, but slowly shedding coat on his shoulder and neck.

"And I you." She murmured contentedly, pulling away slowly to smile at him again. When her conversation with Pinion was done, perhaps she and he would go somewhere to relax. She definitely was content standing here idly with him right next to her. She then felt the need to quietly say this, to see if he would comply. As well, it seemed now Pinion would not reply, the conversation seemed done by now. "Perhaps we can go relax somewhere?" She asked calmly, smiling through her eyes once again.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 16th 2012, 2:49 am

Pinion gazed idly as another brute approached where he and Linnëa had been speaking. Roughly the same size as Pinion himself, the male’s pelt was far different then his own. Each fiber seemed to have its own color. A mixture of darks, lights, tans, and even rust dotted his coat. But before he’d opened his mouth, it was clear by the way the male held himself that he was not only defensive, but also contained a slight aggressiveness towards Pinion’s company. Of course, the brute couldn’t be anyone other than Gale.

Feeling slightly uncomfortable in the presence of the pair, Pinion shifted his paws into the dead leaves before nodding to the both of them. “Perhaps I will speak with you again soon.” He said, passing Linnëa on the path around the thorn brush, “And Gale, I believe a future conversation is in order. I have no doubt that our paths will cross once more.” With a slight flick of his tail, the hunter slid around the thorn bush, and continued his original trek deeper into the forest. Sunlight filtered through the canopy above, catching glints of snow piles no bigger then a wolf’s paw. It wouldn’t be long now before all traces of winter had left the territory. Already, young leaves had begun to grow on cottonwood trees that grew between the nettles of old pine.

Despite the beauty of the oncoming spring, Pinion’s thoughts could not be pulled from Odesque. In truth, he had come here for a fresh start, but how could that happen now with pups expected from the mated pairs within the pack?

A bitter taste at the back of his throat, Pinion’s loping stride turned swiftly into a steady pace. Dodging around brambles, twigs catching in his fur, it wasn’t long before he came upon a small stream that had cut through the heavy pines and gnarled roots of the forest floor. Without hesitation, the hunter dipped his muzzle into the water and drank deeply. It was still cool with the melting snow but somehow held the signature piney taste of the forest.

Pinion pulled his muzzle from the stream as a deep sigh enveloped his chest. This pack must be different, it would be different. Crimson and Linnëa, even at first glance, were far more competent as leaders then Skia of Veris had ever been. In truth, the two had reminded him of Cevian and Darid. Leading the pack with certain confidence and care; a strategy as precise as hunting was. But Pinion wasn’t ready to give his full trust to the alphas just yet, and he wondered hazily if Panoply would agree with him. The male would have given anything to speak with his sister, to have her clarify his own thoughts; but as he lowered himself to relax on the budding grass, he knew somewhere in his own mind he’d never see her again.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon July 16th 2012, 10:37 am

"Cinnamon... Truly, my lady, I can think now of no sweeter word by which to call a wolfess, like one who dies of thirst can think of no sweeter song than a running stream. I thank you kindly for the honor of knowing your name, and if I must ever forget the words by which to call a wolf, let the name lost be 'Dago,' and 'Cinnamon' held fast forever more."

She saw his attempt at a smile and relised it's sweetness even as the scarred side corrupted it to seem partly mocking. But his eye glowed friendship and that was what she saw in his heart. His attempts were heartening, though she could tell that something had changed in the last few moments, for his eye grew sad

"You have brought me great joy this day, Cinnamon, and it pains me greatly to tell you goodbye. But before you lifted my spirits and taught me what is now the sweetest word I know, I scented other wolves here, and as my time in your presence passed too swiftly I detected others gathering in this place."

Alerted she lifted her head and sniffed the air. Yes, there was the scent of a wolf there. She glanced back at Dago "Not one of my pack... another stranger."

"Do not mistake my scars as marks of valor, Cinnamon, for I am branded as a wolf much reviled by even those I would call my kin. Further, I have transgressed greatly here, for in my hunger I hunted lands that I knew belonged to another, and took prey that I knew was meant for him and those under his protection...Perhaps if I am swift I can maintain my sorry hide and live another day, although any moment following this will seem bleak by comparison, as I can imagine no finer place than this, particularly if I always recall it as it is now, with you so gracing it."

She set her teeth and her feet, holding her weight steady as she stared him out "I care no what others have thought of you, Dago, but only what I see now and will find within my Gliron, if he will let me." Then she paused and considered his next words before answering "My pack are not cruel Gliron, they do not begrudge starving wolves a meal or two... for many of us were in the same situation as you before we joined"

Stepping closer to him she flicked her head at the undergrowth in the direction of the path and Crimson "Come with me, join us... You'll have a pack to help you, friends, a fair share of greater meat than you can catch alone." She held his gaze again, echoing something close to his old words "'a wolf without a pack and rank is hardly a wolf at all' That's what you said to me Gliron." Her voice became more earnest "Ask for acceptance here, take the pack into your heart, be truly one of its members... turn your back on being a belly crawling creature... Be a wolf again"

Then, in deference to her heart, she added one soft, pleading word "Please?
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2012, 10:48 am

Artemis had hardly given up yet. She was determined to get out. Her stomach agreed. She growled and splayed her paws creating a steady way up. She jumped out finally and shook her pelt making it look as though she was never in there, except for the slow trickle of blood on her right paw. She sniffed the air cautiously, her nose twitching to the scent of other wolves.

Artemis had approached them and found them. Now hiding behind a bush, covering her scent. She looked, almost cross-eyed as she noticed a tan and brown male wolf. (Pinion.) She held her breath hoping he wouldn't smell how close the fae was. She heard other voices, though none of them appeared to be mentioning her. She relaxed and sat back examining the crowd of wolves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2012, 12:55 pm

Saphera smiled as neither of the wolves saw her run away. She became so happy with joy she almost didn't even know where she was going. Saphera just ran and ran not even paying attention to the fresh cuts the growing bushes were giving her as she tore through the forest. She stopped very suddenly when she saw a stream and on the other side another wolf. Saphera thought "Well, I really need water, so here goes nothing!" she stepped as silently as she could to the stream and began to slowly and as silenltly as possible drink some of the nice icy cold water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arisah July 16th 2012, 3:55 pm

There was not a blade of grass nor a scrap of soil that Arisah did not love and value within the territory of the pack. Each and every inch of these lands was wonderful, treasured and valued: a piece of the whole that was the Banishing Winds Pack—a page of the story that was or would unfold for them. Even the mountains, where so many lives had been at stake half a month ago, were an integral part of their lives. After all, it was on that mountain that Gale and Linnea became mates, where perhaps they had come closer as a pack for their efforts to save one another, where they had met new members of their growing family. Indeed, even the challenges, even the scary pieces, were constantly making them who they were, and so Ari loved them all.

But, she would be dishonest if she did not admit that, so far, the pine forest was by and large her favorite.

In the days that had passed since the pack had moved here, Arisah had watched the impending spring begin to unfurl joyously. The forest was teeming with life, life which she explored with equal parts pup-like delight and scholarly scrutiny. Hope and happiness ballooned and warred in her chest as she watched the stirrings of familiar herbs begin to fill the forest—all things that would prove useful in the event that any other injuries might befall the pack. So too, though she neither said it nor was sure she believed she would, Ari hoped she might find something that could revive and improve Lelio’s injured paw. The hike down the mountain, combined with the lack of medicinal plants, seemed to have proven too much and it had not regained its former function. While part of the scholar knew that at this point there was little left to do or try, she was forever an optimist and kept a close eye out for inspiration.

Which was where she was now, exploring just a short space away from where the majority of the pack had been congregating. Though she could not see much of the pack through the trees, she never strayed far and always within hearing distance: Ari was a scholar, not a scout or a guard and while she could defend herself if need be (she was a wolf after all, and she had travelled on her own before coming to rest within the pack), she tended to feel safest knowing she was near the group.

Still, even as she ambled closer to the stream, where plant life was the richest and best developed as spring settled in, there wasn’t much for greenery that she hadn’t already investigated in the immediate vicinity. Perhaps she’d find someone to go explore with one of these days, and see if there were other herbs nearby or growing in better numbers than the patch of land where they found themselves now.
Arisah
Arisah
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago July 16th 2012, 4:27 pm

The sadness in his eye deepened to a sort of sorrow. His emotions conflicted, his stomach suddenly lurching. In order to seek acceptance he would have to ask an alpha, and his omega heart quavered at facing one of the leaders of a pack. This much he admitted to the female.

"Alas, the transformation from a worm to a wolf is no simple task." Said he. "As you can see, it took me long to find my legs even in the glow of your kindness, and in the presence of your noble alpha I fear I will lose them again. Truly great must those who garner your loyalty be, and upon sight of me they will surely turn their noses skyward for the stench of cowardice is strong within my sorry pelt." He shook his head, seeing her stand so strongly against the thought of him turning tail and fleeing.

"And if I may speak plainly, dear friend, I must admit I consider it unlikely that a pack would find use for one such as myself. You call me singer, and in truth I am a weaver of tales and a keeper of lore. I am swift on my feet, but only to turn tail from danger to preserve my skin, rather than to face it head on in the defense of another. While I do not doubt the kindness of your leaders, I fear that they are also just and wise. And being so, would see an idle fabler such as the one who stands before you a waste of pack resources, and of no good to any who call this domain their home."

His admittance had momentarily hardened his features, and it almost seemed his apprehension would win the day. However, the simple 'please' so softly added caused his craven heart to crumble into an uncertain mess.

"I will admit my fear, nay, terror at approaching your lead and making this request. But perhaps more I am loath to displease you. I cannot guarantee that the pack will make me a wolf, but if I am to regain myself this seems the proper manner."

"And of you, Cinnamon," his voice quavered, as though merely asking a favor was unnatural, dangerous, and cause for anxiety, "of you I make but one request. Do not send me to seek out the pack authorities alone, but remain by me and give me courage, and lend me your strength should mine fail me in this task."
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon July 16th 2012, 4:44 pm

Cinnamon watched as he went stiff, only to relax at her beg. She released a breath and let him speak saving her revelation until everything was off his chest

"I will admit my fear, nay, terror at approaching your lead and making this request. But perhaps more I am loath to displease you. I cannot guarantee that the pack will make me a wolf, but if I am to regain myself this seems the proper manner."

"And of you, Cinnamon,
"

She waited patiently as he composed himself again, listening to birds chirp and other animals go about their business
"of you I make but one request. Do not send me to seek out the pack authorities alone, but remain by me and give me courage, and lend me your strength should mine fail me in this task."

The female smiled and licked his muzzle in something close to a kiss. "I planned to do nothing but that anyway, Gliron."
Moving to his left side protectively she started to guide him back through the foliage to the path, in more ways than one. As she walked she spoke
"You speak as if knowledge would not be desired by my pack, and yet have I not already named myself as a Scholar, ask for that rank when I present you to Crimson. One word of advise I will give you, hold your Bard in check, speak honestly, yes, but keep it plain "

On that she stepped out of the forest onto the track of earlier. Part of her said to speak to Crimson then call Gliron forward. But instead, feeling his fear as if it were her own she gestured him closer and led him to the Alpha.

Catching the other male's eye she spoke clearly "Crimson, this is Dago. I found him wandering and managed to coax him to come and meet the others, as from what he has said he seeks a pack to call home..."
Trailing off she gave the black male a pointed nudge with her nose, indicating it was his turn to speak.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago July 16th 2012, 5:18 pm

Her gesture had made his heart jump suddenly, as unused to any affection as he was. He followed meekly, and in truth grew more nervous as she instructed him. To name himself a scholar seemed to put him on par with the female of the same rank, and in his heart he feared he lacked the same expertise that gave her the right to such a title.

Urging him to speak plainly pierced him like a dagger, but he did not have the time to explain himself as Cinnamon led him into the presence of another wolf, one she called Crimson. Plain language was difficult for a wolf who spoke shields for himself, and used words in the same manner others used their teeth. They defended him, and more than once were the only difference between a rebuke and a full punishment by higher ranking wolves. Asking him to speak plainly was like asking a musician to leave their instrument and go to the stage to face an audience without it. However, being so asked, he would oblige.

He hesitated as she approached the other male, but fell into step with a gesture. Again, the wolf took on a most submissive stance, ears bent backward and flattened, tail tucked tightly against his belly, joints bent to lower and decrease stature, and eyes averted in deference to the male. If not to Cinnamon, he would have dropped to his belly and rolled to his back once more, and begged mercy for his impertinence.

"Yes." He said simply. He swallowed a mouthful of honeyed words like one swallows an acrid bile as he remembered Cinnamon's warning. "If it pleases my lord." He added dumbly. Of course. If the wolf was not pleased with this request, a snarl and a snap of his jaws would indicate it. Little else would be needed to tell Dago of his intrusion, and in his attempt to remedy this he would flee with such swiftness that not even a voice could catch up to him. The image of turning tail and flying in this fashion briefly crossed his mind, but in that moment the hurt gaze of the scholar who had shown him kindness also manifested in his imaginations. The thought of that look of injury and sadness, even imagined, gave him cause to hope for a better outcome.
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2012, 7:14 pm

<center><div style="background: url(http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/195/5/3/nikolai_by_rautayrtti-d579fx0.png) no-repeat bottom #474E57; width: 500px; border: 1px solid #BABABA; margin: 0 auto;"><div style="padding: 0px; padding-bottom: 400px; width: 480px; font-family:verdana; color:#5C8B94; font-size:9pt; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:justify;"><font face=verdana><p align=justify><b>OOC:</b> I'm going to attempt to jump in. If anyone would be so kind as to come interact with Niko, I would greatly appreciate it. c: I have nothing to work with, so this will be lame. <br>
He had wandered far from that wolf he saw awhile ago, and instead had now taken a place on top of a small hill, his gaze trained to the blue sky above him like there was something up there worth seeing, aside from the clouds that danced and formed odd shapes that is. He thought he saw the outline of a wolf in those clouds, and upon seeing it come about and then face away, Nikolai released a small sigh of content. He was never one for social interaction, and so, being far away from any wolves on the outskirts of the forest was just fine for him, he enjoyed it and frankly wouldn't ask for anything else. After-all, he had been alone for almost two years now, why would he switch now? He wasn't, simple as that. Well... not only that he didn't want to talk to anyone, he probably couldn't as far as he was concerned. He had not heard his own voice in so long, it might not work anymore. A grunt parted the males lips as he lay on the soft grass below him, his eyes closing to world around. He didn't dream in the slumber that soon came over him, and instead just found himself on that hill with the wind rushing through his fur. This territory was a large change from the Amazon, and yet another large change from the... what did the humans call it? Favela? Yeah... the favela he was born and raised in, hiding everyday from humans. And then all those loud sounds and screams... Nikolai's eyes flashed open. No, he would not think of such things... now was not the time. That was a human conflict, not his.</div></center>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2012, 9:20 pm

Artemis got bored watching the wolves and stood up silently, like a trained hunter tracking down prey. The brown fae stood and ran off, the wind following her bringing onlong the smells of the pack she had scouted out.

After a while the wind had changed to face her as she ran towards the a small opening in the forest. She kept running at full speed, but she was soon overturned by a creamy white looking wolf who was sleeping (Nikolai) in the grass. She silently cursed herself and stood staring at the wolf from behind a bush. It looked as though the wolf had muscle, a fair amount. Tall, but about the average height. Artemis ducked and sighed to herself. The life of a loner is hardly a life at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2012, 11:30 pm

Evergreen Forest - Page 2 Hi-1

Lelio was taken aback and startled as the female he knew as Kitra came up and hugged him. He was unprepared for the first female contact he had, had in a while. Unsure of what to do the male slowly returned her hug before clearing his throat and stepping back, it was more of a hop, but that was fine.

Clearing his throat again the male smiled slightly, "Thanks. So what brings you over here?" He asked to start a conversation with the female he knew little about. He awkwardly sat attempting to wrap his tail around his legs. It was still weird not to feel anything but phantom pains in his leg, to see it hanging there, but completely useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 17th 2012, 12:34 am

She watched as he hopped backwards slightly. She thought for a second for a reason she had wandered into his presence. She softly cleared her throat and replied "I just thought you could use some company.." Her gaze wandered deep into his eyes she was dazed by his warm stare. Her fur tickled with comfort of his voice and curled her tail neatly over front paws. She straightened her back and her expression glowed with joy. Her heart swelled with warmth in his presence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 17th 2012, 6:53 am

Pawsteps. Fast and hurried, as if they were running from, or to something, and were desperate to get there. Disturbed from sleep, Nikolai lifted his head just in time to see a bunch of brown fur run past him and take cover in the bushes. He stared for a long while at the green foliage, knowing full well the wolf was still hidden inside. Swallowing a gulp of air, the male slowly stood and made his way over towards the bush, his head tilted and twitching. He was about to call out, but no words made their way out of his mouth. Nikolai blinked once, twice, before turning on his heels and walking away, returning to the flattened spot of grass he had been laying on previously. With a sigh, the male lay down again and closed one eye against the sunlight.

( on ipod, short, tableless post. )

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn July 17th 2012, 10:14 am

The pack had made it out of a bind once again. The snow-avalanche mess seemed to be only a small setback for a short period of time, even though it could have literally torn the pack apart. Finn smiled to himself as he thought of the pack he had decided to join. No longer did he regret his decision, and he never thought of leaving on his own again. Now realizing he was alone, there was a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach. Fear? His golden eyes darted amongst the trees and automatically his nose began scenting the air. How did he end up alone, again, here in a forest of all places? He needed to find someone, he didn't care who it was, but he couldn't be alone. Not again.

Even though he was looking for a friendly wolf who he could address, he took a minute to simply notice how beautiful the forest they found was. The gorgeous evergreen trees stood tall and proud, with their aged bark a beautiful brown. The winter had now lost its icy grasp on the land and small flowers and other flora were peeking through the dirt and remaining snow that had not yet since melted. The sun was shining brightly in the sky and shadows danced upon the ground. The world above him was a beautiful baby blue, and there was almost no cloud in the sky. It was the best day for exploring he had seen in a long time, and he wasn't about to let it waste.

Now trotting through the trees, he again scented the air and looked in every crevice he could manage. Seeing a small creek-like body of water, he approached it and looked down into the reflection, taking a drink and admiring the small ripples of water that branched out from the focal point. They radiated and distorted his image. Stepping back from the water, he looked up and saw a familiar face he seemed to be encountering frequently these days (although frequent was surely an overstatement). He respected this female wolf- she had always been there when the pack needed her, when Finn needed her. His mind went back to the first time they'd met- when helping Linnea, and then to the avalanche when she had been the only one to respond to his call when he found he injured loner. The brown-furred male hadn't the time to thank her, and figured now, when all were safe and happy, would be the best time. Slowly, he approached from her front as to not startle her. "Good-day, ma'am." he smiled. "We seem to be running into each other a lot lately!" His smile stopped, and he brought on a more serious tone. His golden eyes attempted to catch hers. "But really, I want to thank you for the help after the avalanche. You were... the only one to respond to my call when I found the loner. And also thanks for assisting in digging and of course with Linnea that long time ago." Despite the fact that he'd been gone a long period of time on his adventures, still no one had even mentioned or noticed this fact. Perhaps Banishing Winds had gotten so large they did not account for each of their members? He mentally shrugged, what happened in the past was dead and gone and he wasn't going to be the one to bring it up again.

Finn
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arisah July 17th 2012, 1:18 pm

Ari’s attention had just been drawn to a cluster of promising looking buds when the sound of pawsteps diverted her. Looking up, she was pleasantly surprised to see Finn approaching. A smile flitted easily across her muzzle as she straightened up and moved toward him as well, abandoning the buds for the moment. It was good to see a familiar face after spending so much of the day (and really, the last many), with her nose in the greenery. And while she would have been delighted for the unexpected presence of any pack member, she would have been remiss to deny that she was especially delighted to see Finn. Despite the fact that their encounters seemed to always involve some major pack event, he remained one of the wolves in the pack she had spoken most to in the time she’d been among the Banishing Winds.

Yet even for that, he always addressed her so formally, which struck Ari as somewhat entirely unnecessary: they were likely about the same age, one perhaps a little older than the other, and she was hardly of a rank that necessitated such polite titles. The custom, as well as the following comment, brought for a light, bubbling laugh. “We do indeed! So much so, that I think you might soon have to start calling me Ari instead of ma’am, we’ll have seen so much of each other.” She was teasing, friendly of course and meant no offense. If it was his habit to be polite, there was certainly no fault in that, though the scholar would not have minded if he began to feel comfortable calling her by her name. In a way, after all, he was the closest wolf she had to an actual friend in the pack.

Catching the shift in his mood, Ari matched suit, her laughing grin slipping into a sort of faint smile as she caught his gaze. “Thank me?” She breathed after a moment, ears flickering atop her head, the left dropping slightly in an absent, vague sort of confusion. “Finn, you saved my life, I should be thanking you—thank you.” she replied after a moment, soft voiced and feeling a bit silly: she far from deserved his gratitude, she was doing her job in helping, but he had indeed saved her, finding where she was trapped and helping to dig her out. “And of course I came, you asked for help—any wolf would, should.”

Wasn’t that a pack, after all? Helping each other, being there for one another? Wasn’t that support what separated them from the wanderers, the rogues, the lone wolves? It was certainly that, and the friendship and companionship that went along with it, that Arisah had searched for through all her lonely travels.

Turning her gaze away, feeling a bit ruffled and uncertain, and admittedly a bit awkward in the wake of it all, Arisah looked toward the bubbling creek bed and the forest beyond. Mind moving sluggishly, she struggled for a moment to find something to say, before a thought occurred. “I’ve been trying to take stock of the plants around here, but I didn’t want to stray too far from the pack on my own.” She let herself look back to him, the laughter finding its way back into her words, “I’m not exactly the most sure-footed she-wolf you’ll ever meet.” As evidenced by the fact that the very reason she hadn’t gotten lost in the blizzard was that she’d tripped over what was little more than a bit of ice and her own four paws. “I’ve seen most of what grows close by, but that’s really it. Would you want to do some exploring?”
Arisah
Arisah
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn July 17th 2012, 4:21 pm

He grinned at her response. Normally it was simply habit to call a wolf by sir or ma'am- he had been doing it for so long that he didn't even notice when he spoke the word anymore. But if the she-wolf preferred her name to the pleasantry, Finn wasn't about to deny her that. "Will do ma'- Ari, excuse me." he chuckled slightly, catching himself in the sentence. This habit might be hard to break! He listened to her words- she should thank him? The brown-pelted male did not think so- it was his job in the pack to be quick and speedy and to protect everyone (even though he wasn't a Guardian, he still took that duty upon himself). Yet apparently he was deserving of thanks- which made Finn smile. It wasn't often that wolves were polite to him in return. Then she seemed to repeat what he thought in his mind, the fact that it was just her job to help. "Then I suppose we're even." He said, smiling brightly. "But if this becomes a kind of competition, surely I will win." He added, a mischievous glint in his golden eyes. He noticed the uncomfortable silence, yet only for a moment after it had occurred. Before he could open his jaws to fill the strange void, Arisah had beaten him to it. The word 'explore' immediately popped out at him and his entire face lit up- his body becoming more alert (as if he was almost trembling with excitement!) Whenever this word was spoken, it seemed Finn became a pup once more. Then again, he always had been a pup at heart. "I would be honored to accompany you." he spoke. "But, as I said when we first met, my dictionary of herbs is mediocrely limited." It seemed he had found someone- finally- to search the lands with! It had been so long since he had been able to do such a thing, and Finn was lucky for the chance to come with a wolf such as Arisah. As long as he could be useful and not a bother, he was happy to attend.

Finn
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Calico Jackie July 17th 2012, 5:39 pm

As no one seemed particularly inclined to join her tune, Jackie let out a huff. "Killjoys, the lot o' ya," she muttered. On a whim, the red wolf decided to break away from the group. "I'm off t'fish," she thew over her shoulder as she trotted deeper into the forest. Truthfully, she just wanted to be alone. Aside from Liafi and Cinnamon, everyone seemed rather dull for her tastes. She huffed again before lifting her muzzle skyward and taking a large whiff of the air. It didn't take long for the fae to pick up the scent of water. She changed her course accordingly and followed the trail.

Calico smirked to herself. Water was her element, her escape, her catharsis. She might as well be part fish for all she cared. As she strolled along, she took up her previous tune once more. "Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me," hummed the fae. The words came easily as the leaflitter crunched beneath her paws. "We're rascals 'n' scoundrels, we're villains 'n' knaves, drink up, me 'earties, yo-ho!" She paused to jump onto a fallen log before continuing. "We're devils 'n' black shepp 'n' really bad eggs, drink up, me -ARRGH!" she exclaimed as a splinter of wood buried itself between her toes. Jackie hopped off the log and held her injured paw above the ground, loudly and angrily cursing the whole time. She craned her head around to peek at the injury, yet found it impossible to see the damage.

She did, however, catch sight of a pair of wolves (Finn and Arisah) sitting beside the stream she had set out for in the first place. "Mother o' pearl," she seethed, now angered by both the stinging pain in her paw and the fact she had been overheard. Calico set her jaw to prevent more profanities from spewing forth. As much as she hated to admit it, she now needed help. The red wolf huffed once more before limping toward the pair. "Finn an' Arisah, i'n't it?" she asked, forcing a smirk into place as she gently lowered her paw to the ground. "Fancy that."
Calico Jackie
Calico Jackie
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum