Kira
Soran
Nature
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Down with the Sickness - Page 4 Empty Re: Down with the Sickness

Post by Guest March 27th 2011, 11:47 pm

Karma rolled uncomfortably under the cover of the shade of a tree. Her only movements lately were those to stay in the shade. Thinking about how much she hadn't moved around since this pestering fever had taken over, the fae wondered how it was that she was losing an abnormal amount of weight, rather than gaining it. The idea had her worried; was this more than just a simple fever? If so, how bad could it really be? She huffed as Soran moved to the Westward Creek for water. He seemed to be ill-fated too.
Flipping onto her belly, Karma looked around briefly. Only briefly, for as soon as she had, nausea crashed over her like a tsunami. Groaning, she moved onto her side, panting heavily. It is times like these that I wish my pelt wasn't black as night... she thought, jealous to those with the lighter pelts, as well as those that weren't ill. Kira and Soran had been checked on, but for days, she had been left alone. Well, not really, she had been informed that she was now taking the place of the Delta Female. Strangey, she couldn't remember who had told her. Had she heard it in passing? Or had it been a dream? In an ill-advised bubble of energy, Karma moved to the creek to sooth her dried mouth. By the time she had reached the water source, she was dizzy from exhaustion and excessive heat.
The brief miracle of the soothing water was just that; brief. No longer holding the energy to move back to her shadey tree, Karma laid at the bank of the creek, open prey to anything that would think she had given up.

((I know this is lame, but I'm tired...))

Last edited by Karma on March 27th 2011, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear March 28th 2011, 2:23 am

Falco trod off heading after Silver at the same pace as her. He kept his eyes peeled for any sign of the elk herd. He was watching ahead of him and also where his paws where. Looking to the ground Falco soon spotted some Elk hoof prints. Stopping abruptly he sniffed and studied the hoof prints left by the elk, seeing how old they where and if there where any signs of disease among them. Turns out that the prints where fresh. He grunted to Silver "These are pretty fresh, maybe an hour or two ago" He swished his tail and sniffed them again "Theres something else among them though they smell just like the sickness that Soran and Kira have" Falco became a little worried when he said that. He looked to Silver and forced a weak smile and then continued on following the elk tracks.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver March 28th 2011, 9:07 am

Silver nodded, fidgeting with her muzzle to try to protect her nose from the putrid smell, even if it was faint her stomach gurgled a warning at the stench. Shaking her head, she ended up following Falco along the tracks. When she looked up to the elk herd before her, she did a sort of gasp-growl in surprise and fear at the sight. A large majority were skin and bone, laying down, or gone. Almost all had a crust on their eyes or nose. Horrified, she stared and looked like she was about to pass out.

"Distemper..." She whispered, her eyes widening. "Okay. I know a cure. Have you seen any carrots around the territory?"

Last edited by Silver Moonlight on March 29th 2011, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Down with the Sickness - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Down with the Sickness - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune March 28th 2011, 2:15 pm

Rune simply grinned as he listened to Maiara. "You are quite right I shouldn't scare her off just yet huh?" He said laughing, but then soon stopped as he looked around for a moment. . Something seemed off, but Rune couldn’t quite put his paw on it. Maiara appeared perfectly fine and besides being, a bit lonely Dekona also appeared fine physically. But, when was the last time he had actually checked up on any of the other members? Surely though if something were wrong one of them would at least come and get him right?

So many questions poured into his mind that thinking clearly suddenly became rather hard.
With a quick shake of his head Rune looked over towards Maiara and then back away. "I apologize, but I must now take my leave. Something just feels off and I can't quite explain why..."

(I thought it was time that Rune actually notice what was going on and that we picked this RP up a bit. What I mean by that is simply that I post more...XD)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Down with the Sickness - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Down with the Sickness - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara March 28th 2011, 3:27 pm

"I apologize, but I must now take my leave. Something just feels off and I can't quite explain why..."

Maiara nodded, there was definitely something odd going on. She hadn't seen many wolves around the den site in an unnervingly long time. It certainly couldn't be the weather keeping them away. If anything, the heat would bring them flocking to the shade of the trees. But wherever they had all gone off to, they hadn't returned for a while, and she too began to get suspicious. But she was torn. Her dominant half urged her to follow Rune and to quell the prickling unease in her spine, but she also knew that to be ignored is a terrible thing, and she didn't want to abandon Dekona so soon after striking up a conversation, knowing that she hadn't gotten a chance to talk to many in the pack since her joining. So, although it was against all of her good judgement, she stayed by the other female, biting her tongue so that the words, 'wait for me' wouldn't slip from her mouth.
"If anything is wrong, please send for me," she called after Rune, hoping for her own sanity, and the well being of the pack that he wouldn't have to.

Last edited by Empress Maiara on March 28th 2011, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune March 28th 2011, 3:55 pm

"Don't worry I will send for you if needed, besides it could always be nothing you know?" Rune said trying to seem reassuring to the fact that it could be nothing. Although deep within a voice told him that this would not be, the case and it urged him to make haste. With a faint smile, Rune turned and left both of the females. Whom should he seek out first though and where should he start his search? As he ran through the wooded forest Rune remembered the call of a meal from his brother earlier, but that was quite a while ago and surely, those who had already wished to eat would have gone and left.

Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 28th 2011, 6:09 pm

Derek got up from Queen, if she asked any more questions he did not hear. Like Rune he felt something was off, and ran to catch up with him. Coming up to his side he said nothing but followed beside Rune needing to see what was happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune March 28th 2011, 6:19 pm

"Coming along for the stroll Derek?" Rune asked plainly, normally such comments would contain some sort of laughter or smile behind them, but not this time. As he continued on his way, the feeling of uneasiness grew within as he took each step. He still hadn't decided who he should seek out first or where he should even start, but soon this decision would need to be made as he would come along the paths that led to the Westward Creek or wrap back around until they were near the den site.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 28th 2011, 6:23 pm

Queen watched Derek walk off.. she nodded "Oh well" she said "I'll go for a scout" she muttered trotting off to look around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 28th 2011, 6:33 pm

Derek looked at Rune with a worried expression. "I guess you could call it that" He followed his leader as they wrapped around the territory, the feeling of unease growing with each step.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune March 28th 2011, 6:40 pm

"Any ideas to where we should start then Derek?" He asked as he looked at the male who was following him. "I don't believe anyone would be left in the hunting grounds, but then again we can never be sure." Rune added as he tried to think of all the places his pack members would hang around for an extended amount of time.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 28th 2011, 8:06 pm

Derek thought for a moment "Well Karma, Soran and Kira were looking a little off at the hunting grounds we should probably see how they are and see if maybe they caught something. If they did we need to check the rest of the pack for signs." He said remembering how Karma had seemed nearly to the brink of sheer physical exhaustion. She had seemed to to no strength to even call out for help. Why had he not noticed sooner, or tried to help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 29th 2011, 6:45 pm

Karma felt uncomfortable in her own fur as the hot summer sun beat down on her fevered body. She heard distance footsteps approaching the river, but took no effort to make it known that she had heard them. It hurt too much to move, and even the idea made her nauseous. Shade would be really good... her eyes flicked to the nearest tree that stood a few meters away. She made the decision to make the effort to stand and then pace slowly towards the tree's alluring shade. Though, by the time she collapsed there, she was nearly crawling.

((Lame sauce))

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear March 30th 2011, 6:51 am

Falco looked at the mutilated elk herd as he approached them with Silver. Many were either dead or on the verge of death itself. Falco whined slightly as the sickly stench flowed freely through his nostrils and snorted it unwelcomely back out once more. Looking to Silver he saw her worried expression and soon shared the very expression himself. He glanced at Silver who now was looking very sickly herself and was about to ask her a question when she beat him too it with a whisper. "Distemper..." the word rang through his ears like a drum beating a deathly tune. His ears twitched and he looked towards Silver who started to seem like she was not as disgusted by the disease as earlier. "Okay. I know a cure. Have you seen any carrots around the territory?" Falco thought of her question for a little while quickly retracing his steps of the past few days in his mind searching for if he had seen any carrots. With a sharp blink he had it! He knew where carrots where and announced to Silver with a little joy in his voice "Aye, I have seen Carrots. Follow me!" Before Silver could respond he darted off back towards the forest.

Falco soon came by the packs den and passed it with flying speed. Soon arriving at the River. Glancing up and down the Rivers sides he leapt into the cool water saturating himself immediately and swam across as fast as he possibly could and reaching the other side in no time. He paused briefly sniffing up and down, once again retracing his steps and then charged towards a bush which lay next to it a reasonably crop of carrots. Bright and orange, ready to be picked and eaten. He howled for Silver wondering where she was, and also letting her know where he was at that time and the fact that he had found the carrots. They seemed to be in plentiful supply. Maybe he, and Silver could save the pack after all!

(OOC: Sorry i haven't posted been busy at work!)
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver March 30th 2011, 9:20 am

A blur of white and grey, Silver leapt through the foliage of the forest like a mad cow. She flew through the den, following Falco's scent and in the process jumping over Soran in a graceful arc. The way she was running showed it was not a race or frolicking, but something important. As a howl raised into the air from the other side of the river, she was flying into the water. Swimming across, still propelled by her speed, she came out sopping wet and came to a sliding stop right next to him.

"Perfect!" Silver cried, joy filling her. "Don't pick them all, I'll get some for the cure and some to plant at the den site. "

She trotted forward to the patch of carrots, ripping a few out in a hurry yet with accuracy so none were damaged. Then she was gone, running back to the den once again. Soon, she trotted into the den and collapsed into a panting heap of shedding fur, winter coat and carrots.

"I have a cure" She breathed, her entire body shaking from exertion.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 30th 2011, 11:27 am

The vixen shifted her peds, her orbs directed through the forest before her. Her apex shook as she trotted slowly, catching the scents of the fellow pack mates. Her banner hung low as her flank stood a bit dirty. Her talons dug into the ground as she picked up her pace from a trot to a run. Queen dug through the terra and kicked it behind her, her auds shot back and forth catching the sounds of the woods and animals. She began reaching a bit of a mud she slipped losing her ground and fell. She hit the ground on her flank as she chuckled out loud. Her Pillars kicked up as she attempted to get up, she slipped once again.

Queen chuckled as her face hit the ground, laughing loudly as she got up. Her nape and her bodice were covered in mud, she chuckled and got up. Her tasseletes were lost somewhere under neither the mud she chuckled slowly leaving the puddle as she walked off to continue scouting.

(Sorry for most of the strange words.. I'll get a topic up for them ^.^)

Last edited by Queen on March 31st 2011, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune March 30th 2011, 4:33 pm

(Actually, until we announce that we change seasons...which I failed at doing...we are still in the same season. Which was Summer, but when the season changes it will be Fall I believe not Winter. Unless I got my seasons messed up...XD)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver March 30th 2011, 4:42 pm

{Incorrect, Kira said winter. I thought it was fall, as well. }

1) On March 24th we will be switching seasons. The season we are transferring into will be Winter. Again, this switch will be March 24. So watch out for that ;D
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune March 30th 2011, 4:53 pm

Well, that is probably because I told her Winter and I meant Fall. Either way it will be Fall not Winter. XD
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear March 31st 2011, 4:12 am

Falco watched as Silver soon emerged from the water bounding towards him like a mad cow. Shying away slightly he watched as she swiftly came to a stop, and cried "Perfect!..Don't pick them all, I'll get some for the cure and some to plant at the den site. " He smiled briefly and snatched a few carrots in his strong jaw himself, taking careful proceedings not to crush them. He flogged back just as quick as he came here and put the carrots in a neat pile, and then nudged the carrots that Silver had brought into the pile as well. He laughed lightly as Silver had seemed to collapse from exhaustion. Although panting lightly himself he smarted a comment "A little puffed eh Silv?" A grin exerted across his face as he said it then looked to her and barked happily "Shouldn't we start working on the cure? Do you have to do anything to it, or are we just giving the carrots out?" He was a little confused at what such a vegetable could do.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver March 31st 2011, 11:46 am

After panting heavily for a few more moments, Silver stood in a small cloud of shedding hair and turned to Falco.

"Give one to each wolf that has the disease and I'll plant the rest. We're going to want to keep a stash nearby until it is completely gone. Then, I'm going to find the plant that is causing the prey to get sick, dispose of it and we should be good. " She said, trotting over to the small pile of carrots and taking the majority. She walked to a patch of grass directly in the sunlight and dug a few holes, and one bigger one where she dropped a few in for winter. She then planted the others, and laid under a nearby bush for a short nap.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear March 31st 2011, 4:29 pm

Falco listened carfully to Silver as she replied "Give one to each wolf that has the disease and I'll plant the rest. We're going to want to keep a stash nearby until it is completely gone. Then, I'm going to find the plant that is causing the prey to get sick, dispose of it and we should be good. " He understood perfectly and gave a nod to Silver and said "Okay I will get these to the Sick members of the Pack" With a smile he picked up the last of the carrots in jaw carefully once more, darting off into the distance.

Falco reached Soran, Kira and Karma. Upon reaching them he slowed and eventually stopped and dropped the carrots, one infront of each of them. "You three need to eat these" he spoke sternly "They will make you better, Silver said so, so please eat them" Falco sat and watched waiting for them to eat the carrots.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 31st 2011, 5:50 pm

Karma looked up at Falco as he came over with the carrots. She frowned as nausea overcame her at the mere idea of eating. "If Silver said so..." The fae slowly ate it, with a nod to Falco in thanks. For the next period of time, she fought to keep this parcel down, and nearly was overcome by the nausea.

((Sorry for the lameness))

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira March 31st 2011, 5:59 pm

Kira tilted her head to the side. "If Silver said to..." she said, stretching forward with her paw to drag the carrot to her. She slowly ate it, fighting the urge to throw up once more.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran March 31st 2011, 6:33 pm

Soran lifted his head and Falco came with news of a possible cure administered by Silver. However, one site of the bright orange carrots made his stomach lurch sickly, and he pulled one in with his paw. Though he knew it was for the best, and Silver was the best healer they could find, the male left his untouched, to sickened by the site of Karma and Kira gulping down their share. Instead he rolled onto his side painfully, feeling his protruding ribs threaten to crack under the weight of labored breathing.

(I felt like I had to make the sickness last just a little bit longer.. XD)
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum