Dago
Rune
27 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Empty Re: Evergreen Forest

Post by Guest September 4th 2012, 10:38 pm

Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Jack10

Jack watched as a white male approached. This wolf looked less unfortunate then the other with his snow white fur, but Jack was still confident he was still the most handsome of the three of them.

"Karma is that really you? ... But... You were...." ... "dead"

Jack grinned, his pearly teeth showing. The plot thickened! It also said a bit about the wolves he was dealing with - they were the kind to not even bury their pack mates! Brutish, really. Jack had buried countless wolves, he'd never once left one in the sun to rot. He was kind like that.

Then the khaki female spoke. It seemed he'd found one of the leaders of the pack! The female, but the male, the true leader, must be somewhere nearby. Deciding he would shadow the wolves as they went to this river, he waited for them to get moving so he could follow from a safe distance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 5th 2012, 8:15 am

"Karma is that really you? ... But... You were.... dead...."

Turning to the newcomer, Karma gave a slight smile. It was Falco. The white male seemed a lot more hardened than he had been back in her previous days there. But, despite that, the disbelief in his eyes was enough to make her smile fade. She must seem to be a ghost to them. "Hello to you too, Falco," she responded, finally in control of her breath again. Like she had thought, they had assumed her dead. But, just because she was right did not mean that being confirmed was easy.

With her ribs protruding as they were, despite her touch dark fur, Karma felt like a mangy mutt. She was not the proud Deltaess that she had once been. She was broken and weak. But, maybe she could become strong again. Then, the khaki female began to speak.

"Greetings! I'm Linnëa, alphess of the Banishing Winds."

Karma's heart almost stopped. What had happened to Maiara? Were other important wolves missing, too? A rush of sadness came over her as she contemplate the idea of Maiara being dead. Did that mean Rune had passed on as well? Sinking onto her haunches, the dark female tried to make sense of this world. It explained much, she had to admit. The scent of the pack was different, but it held the Banishing Winds twang, so she had thought that members had changed. But leadership? Never.

"It seems my Lead Guardian and Delta know you- welcome back, I presume would be more fitting as a greeting. I see you are hungry, and tired.. There is a river near that is plentiful with fish. If you shall follow, we can discuss this on our way there.."

Absently, Karma nodded. In truth, she had nearly forgotten about her hunger in the wake of learning that the Alpha Female had changed. Of course, Maia could have just stepped down. Yeah. There was no way - was there? The dark female rose to follow after Linnëa, thoughts spinning. What if Soran, too, ws dead? The idea made her heart sink even more as she stood on her thin legs. Derek and Falco remained, but could the same be said of others? Blinking, she turned to the two males, then looked back to Linnëa. The khaki female seemed to be ready to go, so Karma walked alongside her.

"Is there anything you would like to know?" she asked with an eery calm that contradicted the storm in her mind. Secretly, she hoped that Derek and Falco would be coming along. Their familiar faces we currently her ground for sanity, and if she lost them, too, she might just break.

Thinking back, Karma wondered what would have happened if she had stayed with the humans. They were kind, but the other wolf that they had in their custody was a little too much for her to handle. Shuddering at the thought of the male, she looked out to the river. Food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear September 5th 2012, 8:30 am

Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Falco-1

"Hello to you too, Falco,"

The way her tongue rolled over the words and his name. It had to be Karma. His tail wagged happily as he was glad she wasnt dead, Karma had always been a good friend to him, when she was. Well when she was with the pack back ages ago. Thoughts waved over the male as he thought of everything the female would need catching up on. Perhaps she could bring a little spark back into his life. It seemed that alot of the old members were returning, well a couple, Derek, for one was the first, and now Karma? Perhaps Falco's life could get a little brighter from here on in. He wondered if Silver was still alive, and if she was. Would she be coming back to?

Falco could of jumped forth and 'hugged' Karma. He was for sure the female was dead and it had left him upset so much so. But he restrained as the Alphess Linnea began to speak. His ears flattened as she was going to take Karma away. He interrupted softly
"Linnea, Karma, I have a half a hare over there, if you'd like it Karma?" he said with a smile, his hunger for food was now gone, and he now hungered for a great catchup with the black she-wolf that had been gone for so long. They had begun walking so perhaps they hadn't heard. So Falco would retrieve it anyways.

He turned and bounded back to where he had left the half a hare. He picked it up in his jaws again and pivoted and ran back after the two females. He soon caught up to them, and he presented the hare to Karma.
"You seem kinda hungry so here have this" he muttered with the hare in his jaws, he had extended his neck and head out to Karma to pass the carcass over to her.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 5th 2012, 8:43 am

Trotting alongside Linnëa, Karma had been so eager waiting on a response that she had missed what it was that Falco had said. When the snowy wolf trotted alongside them, she gave him a welcome smile but did not fail to notice that he had a hare hanging in his jaw. The golden eyed female stared for a moment, then, assuming hebhadncaught his own prey, looked back to Linnëa. But, then the snowy white male extended his neck and offered the prey to her.

"You seem kinda hungry so here have this."

Almost instantly, the dark female found her pride rising like a tidal wave. As she had been before, Karma had a very "you caught it, so it's yours" outlook on food. However, the offer was one that she had not seen in quite a while. Admittedly, she still felt ashamed that she had taken the food from the humans, but in the enclosure, there was no hunting.

Swallowing her pride once again, Karma smiled, "Thank you, Falco." she extended her own neck to take the hare, letting her muzzle brush lightly against his. At the time, there was a small twinge, but Karma pushed it aside for the time being. She was grateful for the male's offer, and so would extend one of her own. "You can accompany Linnëa, if you would like," she uttered around the hare in her jaws.

Already, she was salivating. Eager to dig in she continued to follow Linnëa before calling out the same offer to Derek. Of course, she had assumed that he would be following Linnëa, but making the offer just seemed to be the right thing to do at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver September 6th 2012, 12:15 pm

Being as observant as she was, the khaki female noticed the slight surprise and sadness when the dark female heard that she was alphess. Frowning lightly, she could understand. Whenever this wolf had been a member, it must have not only been before Linnëa was alphess, before Kira, when Maiara and Rune had ruled the Banishing Winds. She flattened her own ears in response to the sudden freeze the wolf exhibited. She froze in her own way, watching the wolves beyond her. Picking up on Falco's reaction, she decided that not only had this wolf been a beloved member but a friend to many of the older members as well. Flicking her tail to Falco, signaling she wished the males to accompany both her and Karma, she gave a light smile. Of course, she would not steal this wolf for herself to speak to.. She would probably be able to speak with the males while Linnëa fished. Which, she had decided, she would do.

"Is there anything you would like to know?"

Linnëa considered this. Weighing her thoughts, and opinions, she decided that there wasn't much she wanted to know, or needed, just some things she had a nagging curiosity about. Besides that, she did not wish to impede unless this wolf was comfortable with telling her what had happened. All she needed to know was who this wolf was, and if her seemingly close call with death had given her any needs for specific treatments or medical needs. Giving a thoughtful glance to the dark hued fae, and maintaining her light hearted smile, she finally formed a nice reply she felt was fair enough. "I only wish to know of what you are comfortable with giving. My only thing is that, if you came close to death, are there any medical needs I need to compensate for to maintain your health? Of course, by your condition, you're likely in need of a few good meals as well to boost your health." She felt an increasing need to help the wolf, considering she seemed so beloved, Linnëa absolutely did not want her to come close to death once again. It had seemed a very bad ordeal the older members had gone through. " But, if there is anything you need, feel free to let me know. I may not be Maiara or Kira, but I try to be the best alpha female I may be." Another light smile.

"Linnea, Karma, I have a half a hare over there, if you'd like it Karma? You seem kinda hungry so here have this"

The male was rushed, seeming excited and wishing to speak with Karma. Grinning at her delta with a mix of amusement and gratitude that he seemed happy once again, she stood in a relaxed manner until he returned with the rabbit and offered it to Karma. Though, she figured one half of a hare would be enough to satisfy such a hungry wolf. "Karma, if I may, when we get to the river you can catch up with Derek and Falco, and I'll fish for you. How many would you like? I've got a knack for it and patience so I'll get as many as you think you need." She offered politely. Though, if Karma refused... She'd fish anyway.

"Thank you, Falco. You can accompany Linnëa, if you would like,"

"Yes, yes," The female added quickly, giving a quick nod to the males as she began to set off towards the river. "Don't allow me to impede, I did not mean to in the least. Come along, you can talk to your friend and whatnot" She gave a light smile, trying to see if Derek would become excited over this- if so, that would be another silent victory to pull him from the deeps of depression. Finally, her gaze turned once more to the dark female that trotted beside her. "Is there anything you, would like to know, Karma?"
(My shoulder and wrist hurt from writing so this is kind of lame... But I posted!! :D)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex September 6th 2012, 5:19 pm

<div align="center"><div style="width:465px;"><div style="width:auto; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; background-image:url(https://2img.net/h/i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/starryeyes880/MidnightTable2.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; -border-top-left-radius: 100px 20px; -webkit-border-radius:50px 50px 0px 0px; padding:15px; padding-top:280px; padding-bottom:15px; text-align:justify; font-family: Verdana; font-size:10px; color:#595959; line-height:12px; text-indent:13px;">

Midnight Winced, she heard these voices... She looked around her at all of the wolves around her. Nobody was talking...? They were in her head...? "Am i going crazy..?" she wondered to herself. She lowerd her head from the head that had overcome her when the voices started in her head.
Alex
Alex
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon September 7th 2012, 10:57 am

"Your Gliron I will always remain...And to no other will I ever belong. I have but one heart to give, which now belongs to you.

That touched her deeply, especially as it was again said with such sincerity. She ducked her head and studded the floor. But it was only a brief duck, more in acceptance than submission.

"Perhaps the little trickster is not a title for me, for I was under the impression that there would indeed be a tour. Needless to say, I am pleased with where the winding route has taken us, but now I see the light of truth, and believe that it was the star that stole the fox in this particular tale."

She smiled, playing with him a little "But perhaps that is what happened in your story, the star stole the fox's heart and he followed her will to steal him away." She watched his face, saw it turn thoughtfull and sad

"My alpha gave me little in this life. He gave me my name, and he gave me this scar. As his son, I was to bear the name of the First Wolf, as he had, and his father before. Ulfur was his sire, and Ra was mine. Ulfur was the name meant for my son, according to this tradition, but on the night I received this scar I was revealed to be a bastard and undeserving of the name Dagoah. If it pleases my lady, I will wear the name Dago to mock the alpha who gave it to me, and pray that he cannot truly rest at ease in his grave for my keeping it."

She nodded again, liking his reasoning. Then she paused "Your family carried names through the generations? I've never heard of that..." She left it trailing as she listened, hoping he would elaborate.

"I am not a cruel wolf, Cinnamon, nor a vengeful spirit. However, for the murder of my sweet mother, and the murder of the scholar who told me the stories of my youth, I feel that his death was hardly punishment enough, for his actions still cause pain and suffering in this world even though he is no longer a part of it." His sincere look turned to a well meaning smile. "Furthermore, I should hate to have to reintroduce myself to my mother when we meet again in the eternal spring."

Cinnamon swallowed, uncomfortable with the depth of the past he'd revealed to her. She shifted on the ground, laying down, standing up and pacing as she thought it out. He'd said he wasn't vengeful, but it sounded like it to her. A shiver ran through her, one she knew to be visible even despite her coat. This was a strange thought pattern in his head, one she couldn't understand.
"Gliron, what you are trying to do is no more possible than living of an elk's ghoast if they even have them... your alpha is dead. Remember your mother, and the scholar, with all the affection you wish. But forget him, forget his meaness. You don't have to hunt him to prove yourself anymore... You have a new life, a new name."She held his gaze, begging him to listen "Don't spoil it with the past... please."
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 7th 2012, 6:49 pm

"I only wish to know of what you are comfortable with giving. My only thing is that, if you came close to death, are there any medical needs I need to compensate for to maintain your health? Of course, by your condition, you're likely in need of a few good meals as well to boost your health."

The dark female turned her gaze to Linnea. She was quite the kind female, and it was easy to see why it was that she was now in the lead position of the pack. Dipping her head to the khaki female. Finishing the remainder of the hare, Karma licked her chops and looked around. The new territory was a far ways away from the old one, but with it there was hope. The old one held so many memories. This one was easier for her to look at. It was not barren of the laughter and idle conversations like the old one. She had been there. She had seen where she had once laughed and enjoyed her time with the members of the Banishing Winds.

"But, if there is anything you need, feel free to let me know. I may not be Maiara or Kira, but I try to be the best alpha female I may be."

Karma looked directly at Linnea. Already, this khaki female had won her over. She was kind, and insecure; not unlike the dark female. "And you are doing phenomenally from what I can tell," she remarked honestly. Karma's dark tail flicked behind her as she rolled over the idea of needing help in her mind. As far as health went, she was healthy. It was mostly food that she needed. And rest. "Save your herbs for someone in worse shape than I, dear," spoke Karma gently. "I only require food and rest."

""Karma, if I may, when we get to the river you can catch up with Derek and Falco, and I'll fish for you. How many would you like? I've got a knack for it and patience so I'll get as many as you think you need."

Stomach growling loudly in response, Karma grinned awkwardly. "I would not mind at all," she accepted. Shifting on her paws, the dark female looked toward the water. They may not like me as much when they hear my story she fretted. Maybe I just won't tell them. The idea seemed sneaky, but in reality, what else was there to do? She could remain with the Banishing Winds as a miraculous survivor, or she could be banished by the winds and forever be known as a "pet."

Not much liking the latter option, Karma let out a short sigh. As much as she did not like it, she also did not like keeping secrets from the wolves that were supposed to be trusting her, and she giving them her trust. Derek and Falco might be more accepting, but the others who hardly knew her? The dark female could already see the disapproving looks in the eyes of wolves she hadn't even met yet. Her ears began to flatten before they perked to the new Banishing Winds alphaess speaking once again.

"Is there anything you, would like to know, Karma?"

Shifting to look at the Khaki female, Karma shrugged. Really, it seemed like there was a lot that had happened in the time since she had been a member there. And yet, there wasn't much that she could think that she needed to know. "I suppose that much has changed here, as there is much that has changed with I, but only time will reveal that all," her listless eyes turned to the sky before she continued to the waterside. The hunger was less edgy, thanks to Falco's generous offering, but she still hungered. Sparing a quick glance to the males, she shrugged to herself. Just a little bit longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver September 8th 2012, 12:52 pm

"And you are doing phenomenally from what I can tell. Save your herbs for someone in worse shape than I, dear, I only require food and rest."

Immediately flattered by this comment, Linnëa seemed to shrink back at the kind comment, her eyes flicking left and right uncertainly. She'd never, in her position as alpha, been complimented like this and she both liked, and disliked it. Perhaps it was the fact that no one had ever seemed to address her new position that troubled her, it had simply happened, without much congratulations from hardly any of the members. Of course, of all the wolves to praise her on the position, she figured Gale might have. She really wasn't sure. Her memory failed her, as it had many times with her past and family. She didn't remember them. But what also troubled her caused a stir of joy and thankfulness within the khaki female, she had never been complimented like this, and it made her not only troubled but it made her feel special. So, redirecting her tentative gaze with her face growing hot, she gave a somewhat shy grin, which was perhaps even a smudge triumphant in emotions as well. "Thanks. Food and rest shall definitely be our next endeavor." She said quietly, her voice was now filled with gratitude for this female that stood before her. Though, in the back of her head, she warned herself not to become too close to the loner too quickly, for it was all too easy to flatter, and even a wolf with the best intentions could have the very worst. Continuing her almost melodic walk besides the female, she went silent for a few moments, her eyes filled with thought. After a pause, the female heard Karma note that she would not mind some fish at all, which was good. They were pretty much at the river by now.

"I suppose that much has changed here, as there is much that has changed with I, but only time will reveal that all,"

"Much has indeed changed..." Her memories directed to the fall of the alphas several months ago, when they had perished and the old land had burned in a forest fire. It was not a pleasant ordeal. The khaki female would have loved to get to know the old alphess more before she had died, almost all of the pack had liked her, but at times Linnëa was sure that her position had gotten somewhat mixed results. Her gaze only grew further off from the real world at this point, the alphess had dove into a sea of thoughts and emotions and now had to fight her way from it. Being intelligent, it was sometimes easy for this to happen, and for her perception of time passed to fail her. She was reeled back when the steady gurgle of the river caught her ears, and first they responded, swiveling in the direction of the familiar noise. Her eyes focused and looked up as they rounded a large tree, and soon the area she had been in with Pinion just hours ago was right before her eyes. She grinned a bit. Fish slap.

"Rest, Karma, and feel free to talk to your friends. I'll fish and then we can discuss ranks." She would have supplied a question at the end, an 'okay', or 'alright', to make her sentence less of a command. But she wished to get the fishing over with quickly, so she did not. Besides, it wasn't like the bedraggled and hungry female was going to go anywhere. With that in mind, she proceeded on without hesitating nor stopping, her toes beginning to crunch on the river's rocky sides as she approached the flowing water within the dip it had forged. Her muscles then gathered as she pulled her back legs under her, and sprung quickly, hurling her onto one of the rocks situated just a few feet from where she had stood. Clearing the water flawlessly, her agility was displayed. It was with the pristine movements of a past Linnëa, one that had fought and sparred, that she flitted from rock to rock without any difficulty before she descended upon one she thought fit to use as a fishing perch. Then, she stood by the edge, and waited, silent and still for several minutes. A salmon, though small, crossed her path just beneath her waiting muzzle, which is what she had been awaiting. Dipping it down into the very tops of the water, her entire head submerged for only a moment before it ascended back from it. She placed the meal down, and put her left foot on the squirming creature to keep it in place. She only needed two, and if Karma was still hungry, she would gather more. Only a few moments later another medium sized fish moved in the same manner the first had, and she almost lost it, coming up by only a small amount of tail that kept the thing from slipping away. Though she was not a fan of killing them so harshly, she gave a quick snap to each of their heads, so that in the least she would not hit Karma with them as she had Pinion. Grasping each of the tails in her muzzle, she leaped from rock to rock once more before coming in contact with the solid ground near the other wolves. Continuing, she walked in their direction.
(Lame, but they're getting better as I'm feeling less drained from that cold. XD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago September 8th 2012, 7:12 pm

Concerning her question regarding the familiar names, Dago cocked his head to the side, as though recalling something. "Yes, a peculiar tradition in our clan. My alpha and those who came before believed themselves direct heirs of the First Wolf, Alphas of Alphas, so they said. Narcissistic, cruel, and aloof, I retort. I should have perhaps known earlier that I was not his son, as he should have." He cocked a brow, mouth tightening into a thin line at the rememberance of the great brute who was once called his father.

However, his eyes softened at her pleading. "You are correct in this, of course." He said, his wagging tail comforting and concilliatory. "He is dead and gone nigh three summers now, and I do my best to live to honor my true father than to disgrace the false one. I can hunt him no better than feast on shadows. And for your sake I shall ne'er mention him further. May the name of Ra be wiped from the collective memory of the earth, as though he never walked among the living."

Her discomfort brought him sorrow. No, of course she couldn't be ready to face his past - he himself was barely up to the task. Such pain this side of him brought her, and in turn he felt the same, and a deep remorse for causing this unease. He was at a loss for how to comfort her, however. "Think no more of him, Precious Star, nor of these dark times of which I have told you. I fear that as the Bard I have failed you now, for this is a happy time meant for happy songs, and I come forth with the dirge meant for a funeral." His tone seemed overly light, as though meant to lift her spirits as quickly as possible. "I only hope my lady will forgive this inappropriate tune, and as recompense I shall forget its words and sing only merrily forevermore."
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 10th 2012, 12:21 pm

"Thanks. Food and rest shall definitely be our next endeavor."

Silently, the soundless female was amused. She had not missed the immediate blossom of happiness that seemed to then come off of Linnea in the moments after her compliment. Karma nodded in agreement. Food and rest seemed to be the best idea, as was her own suggestion. Heavily, her paws continued on until they made it to the shores of the pristine lake that ran through the territory.

Taking a moment, Karma looked up the body of water, wondering where it had its beginning, and where it stopped flowing. Did it come from melting ice up on the mountains? Or was it part of a greater system that had come into being after years and years of erosion on the earth and after floods that must have been truly great? Did it wither and dry up in the middle of land somewhere? Or did it let out into a body much larger than could be deemed imaginable? Curious, she let one paw slip into the depths. It was cold, but refreshing. Ears twitching at a sound, Karma froze and took a step back.

"Much has indeed changed..."

The dark female turned her glance once more to Linnea as the new Alphaess muttered in ascent of her comment. She looked as though she had been through much. Did her pack not accept her as an appropriate leader? Were they against her leadership? Thinking it unlikely, Karma moved silently back to the khaki female's side. Her head tilted to the side in confusion. From the tone of her voice, it did not seem like all was good change...

Amber and gold gaze shifting to Falco and Derek, the shadow found herself wondering how much the Banishing Winds had been through. They were in yet another territory, and remembering the burned remains of lands that she had passed through, pieces started to fall into place. Were the Banishing Winds ones to suffer the hunger of fire? she wondered. It was a sickening thought. What members, if any, were damaged or lost in the flee from the violent and voracious flames? Her appetite was ravaging, yes, but the flames ... they were worse. Nothing ever seemed to remain after the tendrils of red, yellow, and orange had smoldered down into a fine powder of ash.

Nothing, save for the blackened earth littered with picked over trees that were little more than splinters. It seemed as though fire danced behind her eyes as other memories played in her haunted head. The humans had somehow tamed the flame. It worked for them. But Karma knew better. She had escaped, thanks to the flames. No one can control those recalcitrant tendrils...

"Rest, Karma, and feel free to talk to your friends. I'll fish and then we can discuss ranks,"

With a jolt, the dark female was torn from her thoughts and memories. Heart pounding like a drum, she turned her bewildered gaze once more to Linnea. Her mouth hung open slightly as she nodded and settled onto the ground. Rest. It was something that she needed so dearly, but her heart and mind were restless. Thoughts flew back and forth as she wondered how many others, aside from Maiara had been lost.

Trying, Karma found that scenting them seemed impossible. A frown creased her features. Rune, too, was gone? And Kira? Settling her head on her paws, Karma wondered what new faces awaited her. What of her old duty? I'll start over she thought with a nod. With so many new things, she was no longer suited for her old duty as Deltaess. Growing in the ranks of the members would do her more good than the leading pair might realize. I wonder if Rune hates me for dying she thought sullenly. Her ears flattened.

Soran's scent, too, was missing. But Derek and Falco remained. Were those two the only ones? Shuddering at the thought of so much death, Karma tried to find something else to focus on. Silently, she pleaded to the other two males to accompany her and offer comfort and conversation soon. So much thought of darkness, sorrow, and death would surely be the death of her, should she not find silver lining in the clouds.

Silver... Turning once more to Falco, she wondered if the snowy male had lost his mate. Had she left, or had she passed on? No! she scolded. Happy thoughts. Life in Banishing Winds would readjust her to the wild world. It had become so unfamiliar, and yet, not all of her had left. She knew to be quiet in her travelling, and she was. She knew to treat the leaders of packs with kindness and respect, and she did. She knew to appease them in order to live another day without suspicion - that was not so easy.

Looking at the khaki female that was now titled with Alphaess of Banishing Winds, Karma wondered if she suspected the new dark female of any malevolent intentions. She certainly held none, but it was not unlikely that mistrust be secretly aimed at her. After all, she was a once pack member who had seemingly died and seemingly rose from the dead. Would they expect the story? Would they urn her away for letting humans care for her? Her heart ached at the thought of leaving Falco and Derek, and whatever old members that she remembered behind once again. It was a harsh idea. Please don't make me do that she begged silently, her eyes staring blankly ahead. Life had hardly begun here, and already she was more paranoid than she cared to be.

(lame)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand September 11th 2012, 6:16 pm

(sorry for being late)

Sand looked around midnight was talking to wolves and he was laying in the grass. Why does she talk so much he said in his mind, its very anoiying. He decided to run around and get active he needed a bit of excersize.
Sand
Sand
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver September 13th 2012, 4:13 pm

(Oh my, this is such a horribly late post. I'm sorry for being so slow! It's been really busy, but I finished school early and have some time to spare before I need to study. :D)

The darkened female seemed to be blankly staring off into space now, deep within her own hidden thoughts. It was as if she contemplated the changes she had already seen. Continuing her loose pace towards the new, strange fae, Linnëa soon stepped only a foot from her, settling the fish just inches from where the wolf now rested. Her own blue eyes gained a curious, inquisitive light to them. What was she thinking? What did she see? What had the pack been like, before Linnëa's own time here? She'd met her cousin Silver once, whom amusingly was the wolf that had directed her here. A herbalist herself, perhaps the former Master Scholar had known she would soon take up her own rank? Her eyes followed Karma's alarmed gaze to Falco. She'd heard of him and Silver being mates. Swiveling her ears outwards uncertainly, she swept her gaze off them both subtly. It must have been hard to leave here, her light coated cousin must have found it hard to do so. Though, the female had indeed left her own young with her old pack. In fact, Linnëa had taught one of her young females, Kalos. Bright minded, witty, and intelligent, she wondered what the orange hued youngster did now. However, finding her wandering thoughts needing to be reeled in, she shook her head lightly.

"Far too easy to become lost in thought, is it not?" Commented the female, her eyes retreating to a more awake state rather than the dream like trance she had been submerged within. Her gaze flicked to Karma casually, as she herself settled a few feet from the skinny and malnourished wolf. "Enjoy your meal." A light smile was given, again, casual. If anything, she wished the dark pelted wolf to relax and recuperate, not stress and be lost in uncomfortable thoughts. Linnëa herself was quite comfortable at the moment, bemused by the thoughts of Silver's children. Opalo had grown to be quiet, shy, and a bit reserved, only giving sparse comments- there was a chance he was a guardian now. Linnëa was not sure. Hoku, well, Linnëa had not spoken with her much, and Kalos was likely some sort of herbalist, scout, something that either concerned intelligence or maybe even some sort of stealth rank. She was uncertain.

Perhaps, she would tell Falco of his mate? In the least, she could let him know that Silver was well.. Maybe even provide a more in depth explanation of her departure. She shied from the idea, however, for fear his emotions for her were something rampant, when it came to such a touchy subject. Flicking her ears to dispel an insect that had perched upon one, she took a deep breath, borderline sigh. But not. It was more of a relaxed exhale, as she attempted to transfer calm feelings to Karma. Sometimes, deep breaths would help to calm another, as they tended to be a means of relieving stress. Waiting a reply, or something to go by for another comment or task, Linnëa rested absentmindedly, her mind slowly descending into the content rule of her quick thoughts once more.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex September 13th 2012, 7:05 pm

She mumbled something and then padded off, dissapearing in the mass of trees surrounding them.
She watched as every bird flew past her, as every bird or chimpmunk scatter alongside her.
She just wanted ti be alone for once, away from all that......sound....
She still had a headach but the voices in her head dissapeared as she continued to get lost in the forrest.
Alex
Alex
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden September 14th 2012, 1:15 am

Cayden twitched in in sleep letting out a soft groan. His side her for some unknown reason making him uncomfortable. The male winced and woke letting light flood into his grey eyes. He faintly looked at the river he had fallen asleep by. He remembered the female. Liafi was her name. She seemed to have left, leaving him to a peacefull slumber which he so desperately needed. He padded a little closer to the river crouching. He lapped the water up, sighing slightly. He needed to hunt. He pushed his nose to the air craving a hate or even a starling would work. But right now, all the prey seemed to be hiding. He whined slightly sitting down defeated.
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 15th 2012, 7:17 pm

If you're lost and alone, or you're sinking like a stone, carry on.

Sometimes, when the winds shifted and the breeze was especially soothing, Taru would feel threatened. She, as though the air were actually the winds of time, would revert to the months spent with the Banishing Winds before her departure. It would create a dire need for escape, freedom from the prison that was her mind. To be relinquished from the chains made of memories that burdened her, the female often hated the flashbacks that plagued her when the weather became almost too sweet. These times were in spring; a season that was normally so grand had been blighted by this sudden habit. Why were the memories that hard to relive? Were they painful? Not anymore. Emotional? Always. They just didn't have enough juice left to give the shock they had delivered for the past few months of solitary confinement.
          Once considered a blessing to be gifted the vivid memory of Elysia and Taru messing around, the memory soon became tainted with a sorrowful ache. Her best friend was gone yet the memories would never die, probably fail to fade anytime soon as well. It was awful. She couldn't let go even when she was away from the members of the Banishing Winds. Had she believed it would help to forget? Was that a reason for her departure, a decision even she could hardly explain? Taru would remember Elysia forever, but would silently beg for her impact to fade for the remainder of her sad life. It was a natural wish, like waiting for a cut to heal. This wound couldn't be permanent, not if she wanted to continue with her life. Taru needed to be allowed to be happy when remembering Elysia, not overwhelmed with a guilt that was enough to drown someone.
    She'd want me to be happy, wouldn't she? To move on with my life, to get past it. The thoughts were always the same, yet never spurred enough emotion for action. She would miss Elysia all she wanted, until her heart stopped aching and her mind stopped feeding her poisoned sweets in the form of their memories together.

It wasn't until Taru heard the oncoming steps of someone approaching did the energy bubble back up in her veins like boiling water. The tiny female could feel her life returning with the scent of Gale restored to the air. "
    Welcome back," she spoke with a genuine happiness, one that had been so unfamiliar to her for the past few months, "It seems you beat Iocus." Her words of the other brute harbored little energy, as though she were simply stating a fact. Taru believed that the Wanderer had been a little ruffled by the other wolf and had only spoken of him to help quell the unease. He had no competition and never would. In terms of what the small, navy female had been dealt in life, Gale was by far the greatest. She would no longer deny it, even if he had come during one of the hardest portions of her short span. He had been the only thing that kept her going, and she could never fully repay him for that. So you just left without a word instead. It was so sudden; the sharp thought cutting her like a jagged stone on flesh. Had she never considered that, with her silent departure, she had abandoned Gale? Of course she had, but never enough to subsequent guilt on her part. The male had always seemed so put together, but didn't she always look that way too, even when she was far from it? Taru's eyes suddenly dulled significantly, shifting to absorb the image of the dear friend she had abandoned not long ago. How had she not considered that he might be mad, upset, and full of betrayal? Taru had left him like he was nothing when he was everything. She owed Gale so much, and like a broke debtor with no way to pay, Taru had fled. And with this realization, the female was suddenly angry. Full of self-loathing, she could not fathom why Gale was bringing her food or taking her back like she had never left.
          Why aren't you mad?! The thought came through the surface of her mind as a panicked plea. If Gale had suddenly left Taru, she would have fallen to pieces right then and there. Yet, here was a whole Gale, one that certainly wasn't in pieces. The guilt of the entire thing became a heavy burden on her shoulders. As he pressed his nose to her, she was suddenly smaller than ever. She looked to his face, searching the possibility that maybe the whole fine thing was a facade. That was something Taru was good at. Discovering a mask or wearing her own, the female could read faces like a hunter could scent trails. She hadn't considered that Gale was simply showing his mask like he normally did, at least, until Taru could force him out of it. Maybe he was truly mad at her or hurt like he should have been but she just couldn't see it. Just maybe.

May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground.

Looking at the dead pheasants on the ground by her paws, Taru blinked slowly. The sight of such an ambitious meal was truly something to be thankful for. Even so, the sight was somewhat dulled by the realization she had only moments ago. She wanted to eat, truly she did, but the thought that Gale was angry with her or secretly hurt was unbearable. Asking for food as though Gale would do what he had always done (take care of her), she had sparsely considered his feelings. And there he was, aiding his heartless friend like she had done him no wrong.
          Out of the many things that inhabited their earth, Taru valued very little. A small portion of them earned spots in her heart, as the animal was not one to freely allow others in. Even so, Gale was one of them. He had a piece of her ticker for as long as he desired, however long that be. She could only hope that he truly didn't resent her for leaving him when they both so obviously needed the other—Taru requiring Gale far more than he did herself. It was a selfish idea, keeping Gale because she needed him, but it couldn't be helped. He was something she had tried to live without, but failed.
          The dark female continued to look at the male's face, wondering if she had lost her touch. His face was suddenly unreadable, as though the book had been closed tightly. She didn't know if he was even returning the favor by looking at what her face had to say, but it was painfully obvious.
    I hate myself for what I did and getting away with it. In that moment, while trying to discover the small seam between Gale's mask and his truth, Taru swore he had the oldest soul she had ever known. It was startlingly, but not surprising, that Gale was the one she noticed it on. He had experienced so much; they both had. It was just Gale who managed it more effectively.
          "You know I love you, don't you?" the words spilled out as a lifeline. For some reason, Taru believed that if he knew, he might not hate her as much. If he knew why she so selfishly needed him, that it might quell whatever emotions festered beneath. With that, she began to eat.

We are not shining stars.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear September 17th 2012, 5:37 am

"Thank you, Falco."
"You can accompany Linnëa, if you would like,"

Falco smiled as Karma took the hare from his mouth, his whiskers twitching as her muzzle had brushed up against his. His ears lowered slightly as his cheeks felt flushed and hot suddenly. The white male averted his grey eyes. "You can accompany Linnëa, if you would like," ran over in his mind quickly as he tried to think of something to distract him. His tail wagged.

Falco could of jumped forth and 'hugged' Karma. He was for sure the female was dead and it had left him upset so much so. But he restrained as the Alphess Linnea began to speak. His ears flattened as she was going to take Karma away. He interrupted softly
"Linnea, Karma, I have a half a hare over there, if you'd like it Karma?" he said with a smile, his hunger for food was now gone, and he now hungered for a great catchup with the black she-wolf that had been gone for so long. They had begun walking so perhaps they hadn't heard. So Falco would retrieve it anyways.

"Yes, yes,"
"Don't allow me to impede, I did not mean to in the least. Come along, you can talk to your friend and whatnot"

He turned and followed after Linnea as they headed towards the creek. He swung his tail behind him as he approached the pair and went down to the stream to help out the fishing. It seemed that they were deep in conversation. Falco sat by the water and watched patiently with a small huff looking down to the fish. Patiently. Waiting. SNAP! Falco's head had dived into the water, his jaws clasped around a nice trout. He flew back and turned around, the trout was already dead in his jaws. "Here Karma" he said brightly as he padded up the hill and dropped the prized trout in front of her. He licked his lips and sat, waiting for the female to eat it.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2012, 12:02 pm

Evergreen Forest - Page 14 Scr-blckwolfnps2_zps825d026e

The dark female looked up at Linnea as she brought over some of the fish that she had caught and ate them readily. Fish did a wonderful job of taking away hunger, which was one of the things that the dark female liked so much about them. When Linnea asked about thoughts being easy to get lost in, the dark female nodded and sputtered a weak, "Mhmm," through a mouth full of protein-rich fish.

Too soon, the fish were gone. Karma stared at the skeletons of the picked clean bones sadly, and like magic, another one appeared before her.

Startled, Karma looked up at Falco. He was beaming, but looked expectant. Looking between the fish that had been put in front of her, and to the snowy male, Karma gave a light smile. She ate this fish more slowly, savoring the taste. After all, a meal eaten at a slower pace stuck with one longer than a quickly eaten one would. When it was half-way eaten, the dark female nudged it toward Falco. "You eat some, too," she offered. Really, it was more of an order, but the dark female was too content to put that extra oomph into her voice.

(I read your post, Fal, and I thought of the scene in How to Train your Dragon when Toothless spits up half of the fish and waits for Hiccup to eat it, looking all expectant and cheery xD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear September 23rd 2012, 12:35 am

"You eat some, too,"

Falco watched as Karma ate most of the fish. He gave a small smile as she seemed to savour the taste of it. He laid down opposite her, taking a rest as she ate. His tail wagged as she nudged the piece of fish towards him. He took it in his jaws gently and chewed upon the half of the trout. He could taste why Karma had savoured the taste of this fish. Its taste was great, and not bland like some fish had been.

Once he finished he licked his bloodied maw, and sat up. Humming lightly to himself. He had felt the happiest in a long time. Good friends, good food, and great company. Nothing floating in his mind about his ex-mate Silver. All the sadness seemed to have dispersed. And breaking into a low tune Falco sung.
"If you're lost and alone, Or you're sinking like a stone
Carrrrrryyyy onnnnnnnn, May your past be the sound, Of your paws upon the ground, Carrrrrryyyy onnnnnnnn"
he stopped and continued to hum the tune to himself as he sat. Wondering what to do or say next.

Song from Link
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon September 23rd 2012, 5:12 am

Yes, a peculiar tradition in our clan. My alpha and those who came before believed themselves direct heirs of the First Wolf, Alphas of Alphas, so they said. Narcissistic, cruel, and aloof, I retort. I should have perhaps known earlier that I was not his son, as he should have."

Cinnamon tilted her head as he spoke, gradually understanding. Perhaps the reaction of his father was what had made him wary of accepting her, a belief only alpha's should mate. As he offer to sing she stretched out on the slightly warm earth.
"Then sing me a lullaby Gliron, a song of love"..

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2012, 8:15 pm

The dark female's ears twitched as Falco at, and then perked as he began to hum and sing a tune that she was not familiar with. Slowly, she lied on the ground, gaze never leaving some spot of the alabaster male. She smiled lightly to herself, but not in the reason that some might think.

If she recalled correctly, Silver had vanished, leaving Falco broken hearted. Seeing the male so ... well, happy, made the dark female feel the first true rays of sunshine in a long while. "You seem particularly jovial," Karma commented, feeling as though she was actually there with herself, rather than mind wandering and words absent as her attention. "It is marvelous to see that the pack still remains as one. I feared that the storms might have caused dispersal."

Her belly was full, comfortably. The feeling was foreign, but reminded her of the times when the pack would go on hunts. Unlike when she was with the humans, this food did not contain acrid flavors, and did not upset her tummy. Curling in on herself, Karma rested her head on her paws and gazed at Falco. "So, I hear that you're Delta now. Congratulations," she remarked, recalling that he had been Lead Hunter while she had been in the pack before being left behind. No. They thought she was dead. A zombie. She could not blame them. It's a good thing the pack has him. I was an awful Delta. Sick and awkward...

But things had changed. She had long since ached for the day when the pack would take her into its ranks once more. And now, she was there, reunited with old friends and new faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leone September 24th 2012, 3:57 pm

Leone walked through the forest quite tired from hes nomad travelings he sat down. As a light breeze bought with it a strange sent. Wolves he thought to himself he slowly got up and looked around searching the area for any signs of wolves he turned to hes left seeing a few figures in the distance he slowly approached, maybe this could be a pack that would take him in he said to him self, but he was nervous he had already been chased out of many packs and even nearly lost an eye.
Leone
Leone
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex September 25th 2012, 3:46 pm

She wagged her tails jokinly at her new friends. She caught the scent of a loners and her mind drifted off... "Huh..who...?" she wonderd to her self. She started to wander off, taking no notice to what the wolves around her were saying. She..she just felt like she had no controll over what she was doing. She followed the scent trail to a Snow white wolf. "Erm...Hi!" she said to him. "Are you nw here also..?" She smiled warmly at him. Wagging her tail she continued to smile at the wolf, who looked about her age.
Alex
Alex
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Leone September 25th 2012, 4:08 pm

Leone turned around and saw a slender looking black female who had greated him, to he's shook she hadn't tried attacking him at all. "Erm... Yes I'm new here my name is Leone. Are you part of a pack here? Leone asked wanting to know if there was a pack or not.
Leone
Leone
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex September 25th 2012, 7:18 pm

"Ermmmm.... Uh... Iam not....yet... we were going to go find the pack..." she said kindly to him. She wagged her tail friendly- like
"Would you like to join us...?" Smiling at him she watched him interested.
Alex
Alex
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum