Silver
Dakota
Rune
9 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 40 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Spirit April 6th 2011, 6:58 pm

Selene glanced across the clearing to spot Derek slipping away into the trees. He seemed almost troubled, which bothered the chestnut she-wolf. Was it because of her? She shifted uncomfortably where she lay before turning back to look at Soran. She was torn. In all truth she did want to go hunting, but she was just so tired... she wasn't sure if she'd come back in one piece.

"Um... Soran?" She spoke softly, feeling slightly nervous. "I know I said I would hunt but, perhaps I could some other time? I am feeling quite exhausted right now and I'm not sure I'd be able to come back in one piece." She smiled at her lame humor.

The she-wolf rose slowly to her paws, turning to head off into the trees. While she had been comfortable in the shade of the pines there was a lot going on in the clearing. It was all a bit much for her, considering she had spent the better part of a year all on her own. Except for Aidos... The thought of her lost love made her heart ache. The memory was still fresh in her mind... too fresh. Selene began walking into the trees, though she paused turning back to look at the brown male. "I'll just be out in the trees if you need me." She said before continuing onward.

Selene moved silently between the trees, letting the sound of a song bird's tune fill her ears. It was so calm and peaceful, the lullaby of birds, the comforting shelter of the tree's tops. She sighed, finally feeling far enough away from the crowded clearing. She sat down, her eyes filled with the sorrow of her losses in life. Seeing the pack had only made her realize how much she missed her birth pack, how much she wished she could return. Selene had always found herself wondering what had happened after she left, she supposed she never would find out as there was no way she'd go back. To tell the truth she didn't even know how to get back. She took a big breath, trying to calm the emotional wave that was flooding through her.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran April 6th 2011, 7:21 pm

Soran nodded in understanding as the chestnut she-wolf disappeared beyond the forest and into the clearing. Though he felt a twinge of disappointment, he rose to his paws and prepared to head out. Feeling it best not to linger, the male headed for the hunting grounds anyway, not to hunt, just to exercises his aching limbs that seemed weak and unused since the illness. He pushed his way past a large pine into the forest that led towards the herd of elk. He had taken this route many times on previous hunting trips, and the ground ahead of him seemed worn from wolves and other creature traveling between both territories.

With a placid expression, the delta broke through trees and brush, eager to lay his eyes on the vast stretch of grass that made up the hunting grounds. He was met with the usual distant echo of hoof beats, and a feeling of comfort washed over him at the sound. His mind flashed back to when he had first come to the pack. He had followed those hooves for days, weeks until he had come across Banishing Winds; though these were not the ones that always reminded him when it was time to move on. Shaking his head, he padded towards the herd that had just begun to graze on the dew covered grass a few yards away. The elk scattered at the sound of paw steps, fearing the hunter had come to claim one of them as prey.

Ignoring the frightened animals, Soran took to chasing them individually, carefully to avoid those with a young calf. The muscles in his limbs screamed in protest as he worked them to the breaking point. However, it wasn’t long before he was forced to stop; the male slowed to a walk before sitting in the grass, his breath coming in short ragged gasps. Have I really become this weak? He thought, flopping in the grass in relief as he tried to catch his breath.

Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit April 6th 2011, 11:13 pm

Selene shook her thoughts from her mind. Look at you crying like a baby. She thought to herself. She knew that she shouldn't really be looking back on Aidos' death. While it hadn't been too long ago holding onto such a thing would only drag her down. Which in her case wouldn't exactly be for the best. If she became part of the pack it would be her new start, her new beginning. A clean sheet of paper just waiting to be filled with tales of adventures that were yet to come.

The she-wolf rose to her paws and began to push a little farther into the trees. She really had no clue where she was going only that the cool ground under her paws brought her comfort and the lulling sound of nature relaxed her tense nerves. She sighed, Aidos is in the past. She told herself. There are always others, sometimes getting there is the best part. Selene sat down slowly where she had stopped, closing her eyes she drew in a deep breath, just taking in the nature around her.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 7th 2011, 4:11 am

Falco dropped his ears when Kira had appeared and saw that she took charge and slipped away back into the forest unseen. Padding silently through the forest he soon heard a yelp and bolted to the sound of where it came from. Swiftly running through the forest dodging fallen logs and the thick trunks of trees, he ducked and weaved his way to the source of the yelp. On approaching he heard the scuffling of paws and a series of snarls and yelps. As the source came into sight it was Silver who had been ambushed by a coyote, which was finished now. His ears perked as she muttered "Stupid Coyotes.."

Stepping forth from the bushes Falco Barked "are you okay Silver?" He shifted his paws through the bushes and out into the small open area encircled by trees. He lashed his tail and sat looking at Silver patiently awaiting her answer. His tail wagged friendly and a small smile on his face.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 7th 2011, 7:40 am

Silver turned to see Falco, smiling at her new found friend. "I'm fine. The coyote... Not so much!" She said, motioning to the lifeless form with her paw. She smiled, then turned to look at the coyote. Food for the crows, now... She thought, feeling bad she had killed yet knowing it would have done the same to her.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 40 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 8:46 am

Queen shifted her paws, her orbs squeezed as she got up, looking around for someone to talk to.She looked around to see Rune go to somewhere, Derek was walking around looking down.. She thought for a bit and stayed put, She sighed and laid down. What can I do? If I go over there people will just think I am being clingy but if i don't I feel horrible!? she thought picking up her paws taping her head, THINK!!!! she screamed in her mind. Dropping to the floor she put her paws over her head and whined, I think I am going INSANE! she thought. Shifting her orbs around she sighed do what is right.. she thought and sighed. he just needs to be alone.. Leave him be.. she reassured herself.

(very lame it's early and i have nothing to do)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 4:54 pm

Derek had stopped at a place he considered his own. It was the place where Rune had first met him, where Derek had first heard of the Banishing Winds Pack. The light filtered lightly through the high tree's above him, and a small wind ruffled his fur. Here, right now, nothing could touch him, nothing could reach him in his secret home. He smiled a little, it always made him feel better to come here, it reminded him of how lucky he was. If he had not passed through at that time, if Rune had not been out wandering just then, he would never had, had all the good experiences in his life. He never would have met Palla, or Soran, or Maia. Though his heart was burdened Derek knew he was blessed.

As he walked back to camp the new females scent drifted through the air. She seemed alone, not knowing whether to intrude he padded her way cautiously before stopping far enough to be seen and waited. Calling out a soft greeting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 5:06 pm

Aisha's eyes snapped open and she saw the brown male, the wolf that Rune had called Derek. She cautiously got to her paws and shook out her fur and stretching her limbs. She watched him for a minute, taking in his features. "Hello." She finally said. Her legs were slightly stiff, for she had not met this wolf before, but he seemed friendly and her body relaxed. She rotated her ears and let a smile spread across her face. She was in a pack, and she had to respect everyone in it, she knew that well enough. She thought of her birth pack, shaking her head to shoo away the memories. Those who got on her nerves would probably be sorry she thought to herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 5:13 pm

Derek's ears flicked hearing the unexpected voice. He turned his head and caught sight of one of the wolves brought before Rune when he had brought Selene. "Greetings" He spook turning to her now. Her pelt was as black as the night and her eyes were a bright amber. If she had, had blue eyes she would have almost resembled Kira. "How do you do today?" he asked politely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 5:16 pm

Aisha side stepped slightly, to see who he was looking at, and the scent of the wolf drifted into her nose, new. She looked at him again and nodded. "I'm fine, thank you." She nodded her head again and returned the question, "You?" The wind ruffled her pelt and she turned her eyes to the tree tops, where a crow cawed and flew away. Then she returned her eyes to Derek.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 5:20 pm

"Well" he replied shortly, sighing he shook his head "Forgive me if i seem rude, i do not mean to be, it has been a long couple of days. My name is Derek, though i presume you already knew that. So now that you know my name, may i ask what yours is?" He said attempting to be conversational.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 5:24 pm

Aisha listened and her ears rotated forward instantly. "No no, it's fine." She said, smiling. "Yes, I heard Rune say your name as we arrived. Nice to meet you Derek." She said nodding her head, still smiling. "I'm Aisha." She introduced herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 5:25 pm

Queen got up, she frowned before walking into the woods. I might just find something to do.. she thought and slamming her paw on the ground furiously at her choice. She jabbed her paw into the dirt as she decided to go for a little lone walk. The vixen swiftly walked out of the bush and trotted along Derek and the new female. Her orbs payed no attention for that she didn't want to start a rivalry so quickly. Her orbs trailed the ground as she was mainly bored, her banner swished as she flickered her auds.

She slowly entered the trees on the other side to look at the weather she seen from her own two eyes. She glanced around to see it was another fall day, the wind blew as the leaves of trees slammed her face. She smiled slightly as her fur ruffled as she noticed it was nearly her second fall here. She grinned proudly, Good thing, I haven't been kicked or gone.. she thought murmuring as her paws shifted around in the fallen leaves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit April 7th 2011, 5:29 pm

Selene blinked open her eyes after several moments of listening to the forest's lullaby. She pushed her thoughts of her pas behind her, or at least the best she could. The chestnut she-wolf rose to her paws with graceful ease. She turned slowly and began to head back through the trees once more, the sun's light peeking out between the tree branches to splash upon her pelt. She walked in silence for a while, trying to put her mind forward to what she had now. A pack that would watch after her until she recovered, maybe even a possible future home. The thought brought a smile to the female's face. It'd been a long time since she had that special home. The word had always sounded hollow to her, perhaps now she could find some meaning to it.

She flicked her ears as she heard voices coming from nearby. Curiosity dragged her along as she followed the sound of them, she stopped behind a few small shrubs, peering over them to spy Derek and a new female talking. She was one of the newer ones. Selene nodded, feeling at least slightly comforted at knowing who it was now. She turned to walk off, pushing through the thick bushes that surrounded her before continuing on in silence.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2011, 5:29 pm

"It is a pleasure to meet you Aisha. what brought you to our home land?" He hoped he didn't sound judgmental or some such. He was, as he had decided earlier, going to make an effort to meet new members and show to them that they had a friend should they ever need one.

(Lame)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit April 7th 2011, 5:33 pm

Selene came to a small stream, she smiled as a spark of joy lit up in her eyes. The female padded over to the rushing water, taking a moment to just listen to the sound of it as it moved gracefully over the rocks and pebbles. She always admired water, no matter what seemed to get in it's way it would always find a way to somehow get around it. She lowered her muzzle to it's surface and lapped it up before sitting back down once more. She sighed, it'd been a long day and rest was welcomed.

-------

https://banishing-winds.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=212

-------

https://banishing-winds.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=215
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content