Silver
Dakota
Rune
9 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 39 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Kira April 4th 2011, 10:36 pm

Kira padded across to Rune, a smile on her muzzle that quickly turned serious as she remembered why she had come. "I found her in the forest, she wishes to join" she said, motioning towards Corlissa. She perked her ears and brushed a little to the side so that Rune could speak with the newcomer.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 4th 2011, 10:54 pm

Silver stood in the trees, scanning for Rune with her light lime green eyes. She soon spotted him, and noticed the unusual large income of loners. Concerned due to the recent disease yet glad for more possible members, she motioned for Aisha to followed and padded out of the trees and towards him. She lowered her head respectively, and smiled.

"Hello Rune, I hope you've been well! I recently met Aisha a ways upriver, she has traveled far and wishes to join us. " She said, backing a step in signal for Aisha to now speak for herself.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 39 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 39 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit April 4th 2011, 11:26 pm

Selene glanced around warily at the other wolves that were coming, all seeming to have found someone wanting to join the pack. She shrunk back, feeling slightly out of place. It had never really been her intention to join the pack. Of course she wished she could, she really just wanted to try and start life over again, have afresh start. She shifted her paws on the ground, what if because of all the wolves wanting to join they will reject them all? Or what if they chose to only let them in?

Selene glanced over at the other two loners. Both seemed to be in decent condition, or at least in better condition than her. She sighed looking down at her dark chocolaty paws. They ached badly, of course she wasn't going to allow herself the pleasure of sitting down while she was still seen as an outsider to the rest of them. She grumbled to herself before looking back up at the other wolves.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 9:10 am

Aisha slowly followed Silver, her head held at a decent height. She stopped behind Silver, to the side. She looked at Rune, and then she glanced around the area, looking at all the wolves. A shiver went down her back and she straightened up. She felt weird being around so many wolves, it was awkward to her, very awkward. She shuffled her legs, and waited for the male, Rune, to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 5:08 pm

Derek noticed Selene seeming to back off and though he still had Rune to talk to he walked to her side. And spoke so only she would hear. "I do not know if you will be accepted, but i know that he will not throw you out when you are helpless. Fear not, i promised nothing would happen and nothing will." Then giving into the urge to help he spoke about his first time in the pack. "when i first joined i was in worse condition than you are now, both physically, and mentally, you are not as alone as you feel." He said giving her a friendly nudge on the shoulder before returning to where he had just stood.

(LAME!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 5:16 pm

Queen shifted her paws she clenched her jaws before relaxing she calmly hummed a bit before resting in the weather for she was very bored. She grinned and chuckled, kicking her paws around. The vixen shifted her orbs and looked around, she couldn't see anything past the bushes in front of her so she grunted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 5:18 pm

Aisha shuffled her black paws awkwardly and stepped forward, tail swinging slightly back and fourth. She held her head high, but not in a dominant or threatening way. She let out a nervous breath and spoke, "My name is Aisha, and I have traveled many miles and months, searching for a pack to join. I've stayed away from other wolves for to long, and I have heard many great things about this pack. So I have come to join." She said to Rune, and then stepped back, looking at the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 7:15 pm

Dekona shuffled her paws a bit."Why isn't there anything to do around here..?" "She said. She rolled around before getting tired of doing so and shuffled her paws again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 7:22 pm

The vixen shifted her paw, hearing the scout "Why don't you go and scout?" she asked "I just finished.." she muttered "I've never seen you do your job" she whispered hesitated to say that outloud. She shifted bodice and smiled. Kicking her feet out she curled into a little ball as she hid her face behind her banner as she fluffed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune April 5th 2011, 7:36 pm

Rune listened as Derek replied and with a smug smile, he nodded. "Ah, but sometimes we bring harmful things with us without really knowing it...just keep that in mind Derek. For now, though I trust in what you say is true and because of that, I shall allow this wolf to stay awhile until she has recovered. Afterwards if she wishes to remain then I suppose we could discuss such things." He said before he turned his head away and looked over at both Silver and Kira. "I see you both have loners as well...how odd that we have so many in one day." Rune said as he cleared his throat and cast his head to the sky as he thought for a moment.

(Isn’t it fun how I never really just accept people flat out? XD)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 39 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 39 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira April 5th 2011, 8:06 pm

Kira nodded, a smile touching her muzzle for a moment as she flicked her tail. "Indeed" she laughed, sitting down and curling her tail around her paws. Her gaze switched from Rune, to Silver, to each of the loners and then back to Rune.

((yes, yes it is Rune xD))
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 8:07 pm

She blinks looking at all the different wolves. She never seen such a big pack before. Her orbs turns to the Alpha, she gulped looking at him wondering if he would take her in as one of them. Her mind goes in different direction thinking about her old pack and hopefully this new one.- "Hello" -She manged to get out nervous-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 8:51 pm

Karma rose and padded towards these strangers who were alongside Derek, Kira, Rune, and Silver. It was strange that so many had shown up. Though that seemed to be the norm - whenever one stranger came along, it was with others. Rune seemed to be giving Derek a run for his skills with this apparent test. Stopping a short distance away, she awaited the moment when the new wolves would be allowed to browse and introduce themselves.

((LAme))

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran April 5th 2011, 9:11 pm

Soran watched curiously as Rune declared the loners accepted, testing Derek on his newly claimed rank along the way. He resisted the urge to follow, feeling that adding another pack member to the group would only crowd the newly accepted wolves. However, he continued to hold his position quite a distance away, enough that he could hear the mumble of intermingled voices, but far enough away to prevent the overwhelming sensation that came with joining a new pack.

With a heavy sigh, the male slid into the grass and closed his eyes, letting his dark brown fur soak up what little warmth the rays of the sun provided. It wouldn’t be long before winter claimed the territory under inches of snow.

(lame..)
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 9:19 pm

Aisha stepped back another step, scowling at the ground, but it was hard to see and read the scowl on her face, for her black features hid it. A flashback hit her and she let out a quiet gasp;

Her paws seemed faster than herself, and it was almost that she couldn't keep up. The wind whipped around her face, and she could hear Straus' and Cora's laughter as she raced them to the pack den, grins spread upon their lips. "Come on Cora, Straus! You can't be THAT slow!" She called, laughing as she turned to face them, hardly panting. Straus' brown body leaped from the trees and Cora's white body followed as they tackled Aisha to the ground, laughing and growling playfully.

They had been almost two years old then, and then she remembered, turning her face and meeting the yellow eyes of a light black wolf, following two loners, and her father leaping up, snarling. They had submitted, but she met the eyes again....Cole.

The flashback faded from her eyes and she stared at the ground, blood pulsing in her ears and pain jabbing at her heart. She looked up, eyes wide, slowly growing smaller and more calmer. The fur on her chest was slightly wet, sweat. She gulped and closed her eyes, a very silent and quiet whine escaping her muzzle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit April 5th 2011, 9:36 pm

Selene flicked her ears as Derek spoke to her. His words brought comfort to her, perhaps she had no need to worry after all. All would work out eventually and if he was able to get in while in a far worse state than her perhaps she did have a chance after all. Selene smiled, flicking her tail in subtle joy at the thought. The she-wolf nearly jumped as a nudge on her shoulder brought her back to reality. She glanced over at Derek, smiling nervously before shifting her amber gaze back over at Rune.

Rune listened as Derek replied and with a smug smile, he nodded. "Ah, but sometimes we bring harmful things with us without really knowing it...just keep that in mind Derek. For now, though I trust in what you say is true and because of that, I shall allow this wolf to stay awhile until she has recovered. Afterwards if she wishes to remain then I suppose we could discuss such things."

Selene tried to contain her joy as best she could. She'd been allowed to stay! It may not be as promising as being fully accepted but at least the alpha had given her the option to join later on if she wished. Selene's gaze turned to Derek. "Thank you... Thank you so much." She said softly. She looked down briefly before padding off to the tree line of the small clearing. She felt she really had no purpose to stay over there and crowd around the alpha and such when matters involving her had been settled. Selene sat down slowly in the shade of a pine and slowly lowered herself further to the ground to lay down and rest. She sighed, it felt so relieving to get her weight off her paws for once.

[ Lame... ]
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 5th 2011, 10:19 pm

"Thank you..." Aisha murmured loud enough for Rune to hear. Her eyes snapped open, and she looked around, she needed to run. Not away, but like she had when she was little, like she had when she was with Cole. She slowly turned, and looked partly over her shoulder, her tail swishing slowly. She looked towards the forest, admiring the green leaves, and with that she sprinted forward, darting into the forest like a jet. The wind blew in her face, ruffling her black coat. Her eyes sparkled with amusement, and her legs kept carrying her faster. Blood pounded loudly in her ears and a grin spread across her face. She felt like she was running with her siblings, Cora and Straus, but most of all, she felt like she was running with Cole.

(Hehe C:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira April 5th 2011, 10:32 pm

Kira jumped to her paws and padded forward a few steps, looking to Rune as if to ask if she should give chase. She flicked her tail and shifted paws as she waited anxiously for his response. Why would the black female run? Was her logic the same as Kira's had been when she was younger? The questions pounded through her head.

(( XD Kira is like...um....? Razz))
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran April 5th 2011, 10:59 pm

Soran's ears flickered as the sound of soft paw steps passed by close to where he was relaxing. The unfamiliar scent registered in his nose before he had even opened his eyes, and he knew that one of the newest members of the pack must’ve broken away from the group to relax. Reluctant to leave his comfortable state in the grass, the male rolled over and raised himself to a sitting position, adjusting his eyes to the bright sunlight. It only took him a moment before he spotted a dark female resting under a cluster of pine on the outskirts of the forest.

By the looks of it, she had recently recovered from the disease that had nearly killed him, Karma, and Kira just a weak ago. Her condition so startled him that he approached her cautiously. However, no introduction came to him and he found himself only a few feet away from where she was resting. “Are you doing alright?” He asked, though it was a pointless question.
Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit April 5th 2011, 11:09 pm

Selene blinked in shock as the black she-wolf bolted off into the trees for what seemed like no apparent reason. She stared after her for a few moments before shaking her head and turning back to look at her paws. Selene flicked her ears as the sound of paw steps reached her ears. She glanced up to see the brown male that she had seen earlier standing a few feet away from her. He seemed cautious of her, by the way he held himself; which baffled her. She glanced down at herself. Of course, she looked rather ill. She truly didn't know if she was or not, honestly. She was hungry and her paws were killing her but other than that she felt as normal as ever.

However, no introduction came to him and he found himself only a few feet away from where she was resting. “Are you doing alright?” He asked, though it was a pointless question.

Selene remained silent for several moments before she processed that she had been asked a question. She shook the cloud from her mind and straightened herself up slightly. Speaking softly she answered him. "W- Well.." She stammered. She hadn't intended on it. Something about the male's presence made her feel nervous. "Hunger's been a pain and my paws could fall off any moment now but I'm sure other than that I'm quite alright." She had heard the word sickness several times since she got there. She knew she should be concerned about giving them any illnesses if they are still recovering or about getting them herself but at the moment she didn't seem to mind. Just the thought that she was surrounded by nice and caring wolves was enough for her. "I'm Selene, by the way." She said, figuring she might as well introduce herself.

[ Dx Lame ]
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran April 5th 2011, 11:27 pm

"W- Well.." She stammered. She hadn't intended on it. Something about the male's presence made her feel nervous. "Hunger's been a pain and my paws could fall off any moment now but I'm sure other than that I'm quite alright." She had heard the word sickness several times since she got there. She knew she should be concerned about giving them any illnesses if they are still recovering or about getting them herself but at the moment she didn't seem to mind. Just the thought that she was surrounded by nice and caring wolves was enough for her. "I'm Selene, by the way." She said, figuring she might as well introduce herself.

Soran listened intently, and lowered his stance so he was sitting comfortably on the grass once more, shifting his paws to a more comfortable position. The biggest concern for the both of them, it seemed, was regaining the weight that the distemper had eaten away. At her introduction he turned his head to meet hers and let a warm smile crease his muzzle. "I'm Soran, the Delta Male of this pack." He replied, though the words tasted funny on his tongue. He considered his options for a moment and spoke without hesitation, "I was considering heading out to hunt to feed those who just arrived. If you are up to the challenge, then I think you'd be able to help me as I have not fully regained my strength yet." He said, his eyes flickering towards the hunting grounds and back again. "You won't have to move much as I know you are exhausted from your travels here."
Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit April 5th 2011, 11:36 pm

At her introduction he turned his head to meet hers and let a warm smile crease his muzzle. "I'm Soran, the Delta Male of this pack." He replied, though the words tasted funny on his tongue. He considered his options for a moment and spoke without hesitation, "I was considering heading out to hunt to feed those who just arrived. If you are up to the challenge, then I think you'd be able to help me as I have not fully regained my strength yet." He said, his eyes flickering towards the hunting grounds and back again. "You won't have to move much as I know you are exhausted from your travels here."

Selene grinned, the thought of joining a hunt was... exciting. She hadn't hunted anything big in a long while though, she was sure to mess up. Listen to yourself! You've got the instinct to hunt, silly! She thought. Selene nodded to Soran. "While I may be slightly weak and my pads may slow me down I'd be happy to assist anyway I can." She paused, thoughts of the possible hunt to come swirling in her mind. "I haven't hunted anything large since.... well for a while now." She stated. Her expression went blank for a moment as she felt drawn back to a distant memory of hunting with her birth pack. She shook the memory away, it was bittersweet.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 6th 2011, 7:56 am

Silver let out a breath of air through her muzzle, exhausted. She felt like she was going to pass out standing. Walking into the forest, she didn't make it long before she was tackled sideways by a smaller orange blur. Yelping, she heard snarling from her apparent foe and began to struggle to regain her footing and see what it was. She caught a glimpse, it was a coyote. Her yelp turned to a snarl of anger, coyotes had troubled her often as a pup. Now, due to her smaller size they still thought they could take her on. Knowing she was in full view of anyone in the den, she kicked the coyote in the stomach with her front leg and sent him sprawling into the leaves and dirt.

He rose to his feet, shaking the fall leaves off his coat and snarling as menacingly as he could to her. Retorting with a bark, she leaped over him in a graceful arc as he lunged. Twisting and landing backwards, she lunged for his hind end and put all her weight into her front paws, tackling him to the ground and finishing the threat in a matter of seconds. Raising her head to look around, her sides moved as she breathed hard.

"Stupid coyotes...." She grumbled.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 6th 2011, 10:08 am

Aisha halted and looked up at the sky. She was panting lightly and a smile was spread across her face. She slowly sunk to the ground, laying her head on the mossy forest floor, the grass tickling her black nose. The wind ruffled her coat, delivering scents to her nose. She rolled onto her side, her eyes half closed in relaxation. She needed time to herself, and she felt silly for running, but she couldn't help it. She yawned and stretched her legs, closing her eyes...

(Some of her cold shoulderness may be coming soon! xD So beware....)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 6th 2011, 6:01 pm

The beta male sighed, his feelings in turmoil he nodded to Rune and padded away. He felt tired, and if he could admit it alone. He weaved between the tree's his thoughts trying to sort out what he was feeling. Why had he been so nice to the female? How did he know she was not just a distraction? He hung his head, he knew, he knew that he was not looking for anything romantic, or some such, so why had he been so friendly? Maybe he admitted finally, he just wanted some to be his friend that didn't know about his past. He wanted someone that didn't think of him as the mate less wolf that was a widower.

He was past Palla, yes she was still part of him, but he no longer thought about her every day. But his past in general was rough and filled with sorrow. He wanted someone to be his friend, not becuase they were sympathizing, or feeling bad, or interested in him. He wanted to be liked for himself. Derek shook his head, these thoughts had started the day Rune had announced that Derek would take over as beta male. And the thoughts always lead down darker paths making his more depressed. He didn't want to let Rune down, far from it, but he didn't know what to do. Maybe later, after his walk, he would talk to some of the newer wolves, just becuase he wanted to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next