Cashel
Dago
Rune
27 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Evergreen Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Evergreen Forest

Post by Elysia August 7th 2012, 8:45 pm

Everything had boundaries, whether tangible or intangible. There were lines to be crossed, or those to be avoided. Actions to take, or to dream of. In some way or another, everything had its boundaries. Life itself was a boundary, going only so far as death. Experiences, in one aspect, were just repeated learnings of various boundaries. A mistake was a boundary crossed. A choice, simply a boundary encountered. Many ended up being metaphorical as such, something to be thought of or used in an anecdote – not truly seen and touched. One was likely to encounter hundreds of boundaries in a single day. Many were likely to go entirely unnoticed. But others, such as the one Thaddea now encountered, were entirely impossible to ignore. She shifted her paws, staring uncertainly at the particular boundary not three feet beyond her muzzle. The scent wrapped around her nostrils, filtering through her fur. It engulfed her, warning her and informing her all at the same time. This was a boundary, physical. It marked a territory, one clearly taken. She could smell the strength of the pack in their markings. And such strength was not a primary concern for her. She had no intent of violence towards them. Rather, she worried of violence to herself.

She perked her ears, straining to hear a single word, any sound at all really. She was greeted by naught but the quiet music of the forest. Birds twittered as they flitted from branch to branch, calling out melodies to one another. A badger clumped through the trees, nose to the ground as it snuffled through the dirt. A chipmunk chattered in the trees, selfishly guarding its hoard of winter stores. But all of these things meant nothing in essence. For it was not the chipmunk, the chickadee, the badger, that would decide her fate. It was not they who would pursue her, nipping at her heels. It was not they who would welcome or refuse her. Rather, it was their silent kings – the subtle monarchs – that would convene on her. Thaddea stood calmly, her head high and eyes neutral. She had little desire to involve herself unnecessarily, but such a thing had unfortunately become necessary. While survival had been possible for a short time, it was quickly becoming unrealistic as well as illogical. The wolf was not meant to live and die alone. The deep yearning within her spoke to such a fact, urging her to seek the companionship of others.

Thaddea shifted again, finally moving forward. Her steps were carefully calculated – a mechanical sort of grace. She neither ran, nor lingered. Her pace was brisk, professional. She was simply completing a task, one on an unending list. She would complete it and move to the next. She paused only long enough to drink in the most recent scents of the pack, changing course. As she moved, she kept her thoughts rhythmic. She had outlined certain steps, foolproof. Introduce One’s Self. Make a Formal Request. Await Response. Act Upon Response. It was utterly calculated, unemotionally simple. She preferred to see things this way, as black and white as possible. She was professional, perfect. No. Not perfect. She aimed to be perfect, to achieve perfection. Some insisted that such a thing was impossible. But she knew differently. Perfection was impossible for the majority, but she was the minority. And her forward movement, her carefully constructed plan of action, they were all steps she took towards her ultimate goal. She would reach perfection, and die with such a status. It was all she desired, all she needed. Anything that distracted from this goal would not be tolerated.

Thaddea paused. She could hear their mingled conversation now – raised voices, murmured voices, joy, uncertainty. All of it was foreign, the voices at least. Many different scents, none familiar, assaulted her. She drew herself up, holding her head even. Her lips were a firm line. She moved from the trees, moving with the same stiff grace towards a small group that consisted of a pale beige male, a dark ebony male, and a light brown and cream female. She had arrived too late to catch names from any of them. Thaddea approached them, taking a seat. Her tail wrapped around her paws neatly. She spoke smoothly, but at a brisk professional pace. Her voice was impersonal, as if reporting to a commander. “Excuse me, my name is Thaddea.” Introduce One’s Self. The first step was completed, even including a polite introduction. She often handled such things poorly. “I am interested in seeking a place among your ranks. May I proceed in making such a request for acceptance?” Make a Formal Request. She was doing quite well. In fact, she was proud of herself. Her mother had warned her that she often spoke with an “unsettling formality and briskness”. She had also said that such a speech form made Thaddea seem “emotionless and unappealing”. Thaddea highly disagreed with this assessment. How could it possibly be true? She pushed the thoughts away, moving instead to step three. Await Response.
Elysia
Elysia
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 7th 2012, 8:53 pm

Derek let his ears perk slightly to show interest. It was true that the pack did have a bit of a reputation among loners and packs alone. he had witnessed this first paw, as he traveled earlier this year. He had learned to keep his mouth shut about which pack he had come from, just to keep wolves from looking at him funny.

The year had been a rough one, but eventually he had found his way back, to Banishing Winds, the once place that accepted him, wounds and all. "you may call me Derek, i am Lead Guardian of Banishing Winds. Are you wish to know more of the pack? Or simply mingle and then leave?" His voice was slightly warmer now, no matter how much he wished to remain aloof this pack meant very much to him, and he would not dare tarnish it's name with his past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune August 7th 2012, 11:03 pm

"I brought lunch. The rivers are plentiful with these, I'm sorry I did not bring more, there are only so many one can carry."

Crimson looked down at the two fish Linnea had so kindly offered him, and took note of their size. The alpha hadn’t eaten in quite a while, and as he stared at the two fish his stomach seemed determined to remind him of this. Though even with the strong reminder, Crimson couldn’t bring himself to stuff his face while Adena or really anyone else for that matter went with nothing…regardless of when they ate. It was something that never sat right with him, and that wouldn’t change...ever. So with an apologetic look displayed and his brown eyes briefly fixed on Linnea, Crimson stood up and made his way toward Adena with the larger fish now hanging from his mouth.

After, Linnea had apologized for not bringing more fish, the fiery colored beta had moved away. At the moment she appeared to be resting, and the male contemplated whether or not he should even bother her right now. Finally, he decided he would quickly check to see so he gently placed the fish down and with a few steps he inched forward as quietly as he could and lowered his head until his muzzle met one of the betas red ears. “Are you awake?” He questioned in a soft whisper, before he pulled his head away and simply waited for some sort of response.

(An awful post made by meh and stuff..)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 8th 2012, 1:55 am

The males grey and black flecked eyes stared at the area where the wolves were. He was ready to reveal himself to them, to show them who the possible shadowy figure stalling the pack was. Most likely they could care less about Caydens presence. They had more important things to worry about then a random wolf wandering after the pack. Cayden didn't dare go to the one whom looked like he had more...authority about him. He was bigger then many of the wolves but that could just be the males imagination. Cayden shrugged, then pushed back into the under growth. The males gaze looked about for any means of prey for he was hungry and hated to be hungry. His grey gaze scanned the area with no luck. "Tommorrow Cay" he murmured to himself laying down "You have to speak with them. The stalking is not fun anymore". He yawned looking at the night sky once more before closing his eyes. He kept his ears priced ready for anything.
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 8th 2012, 4:38 pm

Cinnamon watched as Dago, and it was truly Dago, considered what she'd said. There was war going on in that mind, she knew it, could read it in his stance and in his eyes. War, and most astonishingly, self hatred. She stepped closer to him attempting to hold his gaze as he averted it.

"Cinnamon....I am unworthy of you."

She recoiled, staring at him in shock. Then her brain began to work, realised that he must love her to phrase it in that manner, was clearly trying to protect her from some character flaw he believed he had.

"I am unworthy of you, Cinnamon."
His voice was flat, quite unlike the wolf she had come to love in such a short time. She set her teeth
"Do you think I would have offered myself if I did not see you as a worthy mate?... Kind as I am I do not wallow in pitying unnecessarily." She made her voice become slightly gentler, masking the hurt she felt "What supposed flaw to you seek to protect me from? I care not what it is, but I wish to know the devil that torments Dago." Cinnamon forced him to look at her, being quite deliberate with her use of his given name "Everything I said, is what I see. Adena I have also appraised, she also denied what I saw, yet now Crimson courts her for exactly those."

She stopped, stepping even closer to the wolf she loved "When we met, you said you would abandon being Dago and become Gliron, Singer. I did not wish you to do that, wanted to keep the name private between us. Yet now it is to Gliron, not Dago, not Dead Eye that I speak

Will you be my mate"
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 9th 2012, 11:32 pm

Derek stood, feeling constrained to one spot was not in his favorite thing to do. "Excuse me but i am needed elsewhere" always polite he dipped his he and left. leaving Pinion to deal with the loner. It was far more likely that the other male had more patience and wolf skills and the Derek himself.

So with the loner set from his mind the male left, walking on the edge of the conversations he heard from wolves around him. He had really only remember two names in this pack, and they were the leaders, Linnea the alpha female, and Crimson the male that had taken over Runes spot. Derek would never say anything or do anything to harm the alpha male, but that did not mean he could like him. He stood where Derek's greatest friend had stood. And now Derek was left alone, in a pack he barely knew.

As he walked Derek's mind drifted and voices from a distant time floated to his ears...

"Derek what am i going to do with you?" a familiar silvery form laid beside the dark brown wolf. Her smile made her mate chuckle as they lay beneath a tree watching a few of their friends and pack members roam about. "Well there really is nothing you can do, you had a chance to run, and for a while you did, but now i caught you, and there ain't nothing you can do." Derek replied in his memory. Pallatsera's laugh floated through the air and faded as Derek opened his eyes and swerved out of the way of a tree, brought from his memories but the sudden cawing of a bird.

That particular memory had been from a summer day, just shortly after the two had gotten together. It had not been easy for them, when Derek had been ready to admit he loved the silver female Palla had been to scared, and for the longest time ran from Derek. But now she was gone, and all the male had were memories of a different time.

Now that the memory had faded Derek could tell he had come closer to other wolves, stepping from behind a few trees he realized he had happened upon the alpha female, Linnea. Rather then startle her the male called out. "Am i intruding? he asked, forever a polite wolf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 10th 2012, 12:21 am

Linnëa felt herself seem to shrink a bit as Crimson took one of the fish and walked away from her, towards Adena, carefully masking a sigh as he did so. The apologetic glance he gave her was slightly comforting, but she knew not exactly what he was apologizing for. It was not like he was tethered to the spot, or they had some sort of team job to carry out. She had sat here, however, to be next to Crimson and perhaps aid him an accepting members. So it wasn't too big a deal he left. She still felt mildly deterred by his immediate departure, but by now she felt somewhat used to them. The thoughts of sudden departures had immediately brought her to think of Gale. While, she did indeed love him, he had always seem sort of detached. Another seemed to linger in his gaze, apart from the fact it took him some time to return the three word phrase, and it had even been said in the past few hours. And then he had moved from sight, and in her haste or hunger her eyes did not find him. She was not sure what to think still, but from what she could sense in her emotions, she felt just as detached now. She no longer felt herself to be his mate. Maybe a good friend. But she just couldn't feel that way all the sudden, it troubled her. She'd never felt so flaky or inconsistent in her love for her past mate, in fact it had been consistent and very nice between the both of them. But now she just couldn't feel that way anymore. She seemed to shrink even more, her eyes empty as she continued to think.

Perhaps one of her issues, even her deepest secret she had during the short lived relationship was that she also had feelings for Crimson. She'd backed off, however, and kept silent about such since he had feelings for Adena. It'd taken so long for just crushes between the two to form, however, it took some restraint for her to not intrude, to perhaps become closer friends with Crimson. No, she was afraid to, to be honest with herself. Afraid to endanger not only her friendship with Adena, but her friendship with Crimson as well. At the moment of this concerning thought crossing her mind, however, she realized she was staring. She pried her forlorn eyes from the alpha male, turning to look away, and rested her head on her legs, now pointed at the depths of the forest beyond her sight. She'd made it through half a fish. Her good mood had lasted a fair amount of time, but she felt it running short now, losing momentum over time. That was until a rather alien voice reached her ears.

"Am i intruding?"

At first, she did not recognize this voice, and defensively she allowed the fur along her back to prickle upwards. However, upon seeing the Lead Guardian, she quickly calmed herself before it was noticeable. She took a breath of air, her eyes sad but content. "No, you're quite fine. Hello, Derek." she spoke lowly, her voice seeming much more tired than it had been in her rather quick and happy sentences before she had eaten half of a fish next to her. Her eyes trailed lightly to the fish-and-a-half left upon the ground. Derek could have them if he liked. She'd ask later. Her eyes moved back to Derek, she'd really not gotten to know him either. In fact they'd never spoken at all. Re-situating herself so she was lying towards his direction, she continued her words after a few seconds of pause. "It's nice to finally meet you." The female observed simply. "I... I went fishing and ate some. If you'd like the leftovers, help yourself. I'm not hungry." She gave a light smile, feebly attempting to hide her rather depressed state. She really didn't want to be sad. So far she was failing at avoiding the emotions.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 10th 2012, 12:33 am

Derek stopped, from the look in the females eyes, he was now regretting his position, he almost wished he had just kept walking, perhaps out of the territory. He knew no one here, but he dismissed the thought as he looked deeper into the alpha females eyes. He knew he could not leave her now, his good upbringing demanded he see what was on the females mind.

"No, you're quite fine. Hello, Derek. It's nice to finally meet you. I... I went fishing and ate some. If you'd like the leftovers, help yourself. I'm not hungry."

Once more his insides wanted to hurl at the thought of fish, but at least this time he had a polite excuse to decline. "Thank you, but no, Pinion has already graciously given me some." He dipped his head letting a small smile come to his face, and for one brief moment a small glance of the old Derek burst forth. in that smile, amusement flickered and tried to ignite, in that moment history meant nothing and he was once more a wolf with a future.

and then the smile faded and he was distant once more. "You seem upset, would it be impolite of me to ask what is upsetting you?" His interest was genuine, and with females his care was boundless, but it was only for a short time, should she not wish to tell he would only close himself up once more and carry on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 10th 2012, 1:22 am

Today was the day the male would present himself to the pack. He slowly pressed through the undergrowth, keeping clam as he went. He never much liked saying hello to others he would prefer being a loner. But this pack was so big he new he needed to show himself. Cayden stuck out a white muzzle from a bush sniffing for any wolves. There were two just in front of him. I might as well he shrugged starting to pace.

"You seem upset, would it be impolite of me to ask what is upsetting you?"

His ears pricked slightly wondering if they were talking to him. Oh Cayden you stupid wolf he mused to himself smiling. The brute stuck his head out watching the two. The first one her laid eyes upon was a female whom he'd seen many days ago going fishing with another wolf. He stared silently at her before looking at the male. Derek was his name. He'd heard it just moment before from the female. Cayden plopped himself down awaiting the conversation that they were having. Boredem sparked in him before he padded out fully before speaking:

"So sorry to intrude lady and gentlewolf but I have been traveling for a while now searching for a pack. Your pack seems large enough for me to join. May I speak with your Alpha or Alphess?

He flashed them both a small grin, his stormy grey eyes watching them both ready if they attacked him by any chance.
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 10th 2012, 8:07 am

"Thank you, but no, Pinion has already graciously given me some."

Linnëa almost grinned at the thought of Pinion, the memory of the fish slap still fresh and amusing in her mind. Even if she'd not shown it when it had happened, she had thought the fish slap to be quite funny and now the memory resurfaced as if she'd experienced it again- but without the slight tinge of fear that he was going to eat her for it. She then noted the flash of disgust at the notion of eating a fished, and was even more so amused, due to this wolf disliking fish. Fish were slimy and looked gross, yes, but perhaps that was also what made them quite yummy in her point of view? The male, Derek, seemed to almost smile as well but the spark of a grin failed to catch. This intrigued her, for now it seemed in his eyes as well another lingered, a memory, a lost love one of some sort. She had no idea what this male's history looked or sounded like, but now she found herself inclined to find out some day. She did know he'd been around when the pack had first formed, and she felt almost pained to know practically nothing, with a newer alpha male. She'd only slightly known Maiara and Rune and they had only lasted but a short time before one and then the other perished. And then it was almost like Crimson was there conveniently to take charge, because after they died, a wild fire ignited and Crimson took the lead to guide them out of danger, alongside Kira. That had been scary, even for a wolf like her that had been through the mill and seen the absolutely terrifying. She knew fire was needed for a new start for a forest, but when it directly involved and almost killed her, she found herself not to be too fond of it.

"You seem upset, would it be impolite of me to ask what is upsetting you?"

This question, immediately, seemed to catch the khaki female off guard. She was so used to being the one whom could read and interpret feelings and body language, it was startling for someone to ask about her own. In fact, she wasn't really used to being asked at all, most wolves around her simply ignored the turmoil inside of her head and let it be, ignoring it, and not asking what was on her mind as this dark hued male did now. Her eyes, like shattered sapphires, showed confusion in surprise for only a few moments however before she fought to push them down away from her visible emotions. "I'm fine. It's just... Female troubles." She said quietly, her gaze moving away from Derek. Then, she had a slight idea, though it was not but a small one. She looked back at Derek, and then looked at him harder this time. He seemed hurt too, the ghost of a smile that'd tried to appear, the one lingering in his gaze, giving him a lonely and sad appearance. "You seemed troubled as well. " She replied quietly, her eyes watching him for only moments before she noticed another male coming towards the two.

"So sorry to intrude lady and gentlewolf but I have been traveling for a while now searching for a pack. Your pack seems large enough for me to join. May I speak with your Alpha or Alphess?"

Linnëa now saw this new loner make it's way towards her and Derek. She immediately sat up, her lithe figure now sitting ornately poised as to demonstrate whom was one of the bosses around the area, soon answering the male's question without even much of a pause. "I am Linnëa, the Alphess. Just a short ways away behind you is our Alpha, Crimson, and our Betess, Adena. " She was slightly concerned about this male saying the pack was large enough, even a small good pack would be fine for Linnëa herself to join if she had no other to run to. Did he have largeness as a general requirement to join? Her ears flicked backwards slightly. "Whom might you be?"
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 10th 2012, 1:43 pm

"I am Linnëa, the Alphess. Just a short ways away behind you is our Alpha, Crimson, and our Betess, Adena. "

He stared at the female whom stated her name with a mixture of awe and boredem. He shrugged and stood staring lightly at them both. Linnëa the alpha, say more poised then the other one. Of course she was the alpha. The way se sat, talked oh what was he babbling on about.

"Whom might you be?"

"My name is Cayden" he murmured again flashing a small smile "I have been following your pack for a time now unsure if I wanted to join or not but after thinking it through I decided I needed to join a pack. . The male sighed shaking his head knowing that this pack most likely, wouldn't turn him down. "I am a great hunter he added "I could become a hunter of your pack if you accept me.
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena August 10th 2012, 9:46 pm

It had only been a matter of moments after she had settled down that she heard the soft, rhythmic noise of paw-steps coming in her direction. The sound then stopped directly beside her. She felt her fur bristle slightly and her tail flicked in irritation that someone would approach her while she was resting. She was in a vulnerable position. But as she identified the scent, her fur flattened and her muscles lost their tension. The scent was one she knew quite well. A little smile lifted the corners of her maw even before he made himself known. Then she felt Crimson's warm breath tickle her red fur as his muzzle brushed against her ear. He whispered to her in a soft, low voice, sending shivers down her spine. Crimson wasn't someone that went around whispering in others' ears. The interaction felt oddly comforting, however; not strange and uncomfortable as she might have expected. Her initial instinct was not to flinch away from him in surprise but to stay still.

“Are you awake?”

As he withdrew his face from hers, she opened her silver eyes slowly. She waited a moment before raising her head, rather uncertain of how she was supposed to react to him. His actions were not those that she might have associated with Crimson, and although Adena would have lost her temper if any other male had encroached on her personal space, she didn't feel the anger flash through as would have been expected of the fiery female. The emotion she felt was neither irritation or discomfort, but pleasure. Along with that, was a bonus of him having kindly brought her a fish. "I am," Adena replied simply to his question, smiling. Then she glanced down at the fish that lay at his paws. It was of a good size; a satisfying meal to take the edge of one's hunger. Adena wasn't particularly famished, but she understood that this was more of a gesture rather than a snack. The red female glanced at Linnëa, who had a rather dejected look on her features. The khaki female didn't look too happy that Crimson had almost immediately come over to Adena with the fish rather than stay with her.

She didn't shift into a sitting position, instead staying where she was. But then, realising that she hadn't said a single word in thanks or acknowledgement for the fish, Adena cleared her throat. She felt something that she assumed was embarrassment and a little guilt flash through her. Crimson looked like he needed the food more than she. "You didn't have to give it to me, Crimson. Linnëa brought it for you," she began as she shook her head. Adena was sure he was more hungry than she. "But thank you." She smiled briefly, meeting his brown gaze. "Do you want to share?" she asked quietly, her voice hesitant. The words were out of her mouth before she had even thought them through properly. But she decided that it was a good compromise for him giving up the fish for her. She would just let him eat most of it. That was, if he decided to agree.

To her, it was odd. The changes she was making sub-consciously to herself were not big things in the short-term. But after the time living with the pack and when she compared herself to the Adena that Rune had accepted grudgingly into the pack, the difference was apparent. She soon grasped that the changes were mostly good, though still she felt uneasy; as if she was walking into something completely unfamiliar and unknown. No longer could she describe herself as cold or distant. But emotions and affections that were floating to surface were barely suppressible. It wasn't something Adena wished for, but she was coming to grips with feelings that had been buried under the surface for quite some time and were almost unrecognisable to her now. The strongest of these emotions, she had come to realise recently, were for Crimson. It was difficult for her to admit it even to herself, but she knew that her affections for him had been there for some time and she had simply failed to recognise their presence. But she couldn't stop herself or bury those thoughts like she might have done before.
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 10th 2012, 10:42 pm

"My name is Cayden. I have been following your pack for a time now unsure if I wanted to join or not but after thinking it through I decided I needed to join a pack. I am a great hunter. I could become a hunter of your pack if you accept me."

Linnëa looked the male over mutely, her blue eyes only slightly invasive. He was muscular, the normal look for a male wolf, and definitely did have a hunters build to him. She almost felt like, seeing how he looked like he wasn't worried about being rejected a position, making him work a bit to join the pack. But, she knew better than that. So, her eyes moving up to look at him once again, she nodded quietly before speaking. "Another hunter would be a welcome addition to our ranks." She noted bluntly, before standing, and dipping her head in a gesture of greeting, one she did not have the position to show when she had been laying down rather sulkily upon the ground. Her head then rose again to it's normal height, but this time she remained standing, feeling like moving about once again to break the tension and stress in her muscles. She spared a glance to Adena and Crimson. The both of them looked happy. Her frown deepened for a moment, but then Adena glanced to Linnëa, and she quickly wiped the feelings from her face. Though not in time, she knew how that Adena had noticed her dejected posture. Feeling soured by this, she looked away hastily, though not angrily. She was only upset at herself. Cayden was still here though.

"Welcome to the pack, Cayden." She said, adding a kinder tone to her voice as to mask the inner drama she was experiencing. She gave a tired, but kind look to him, before looking to Derek. If he didn't know her problems before, he must have noticed now. You shove a male out of the path of an avalanche and he still fails to notice you. The sour thought was placed right into words in her mind before she had the chance to quell the rebellious sour mood that was still trying to rise and take over her mind. She didn't understand this. With her past mate, it had been simple. They'd liked each other, loved each other, it had not any other females involved up until his death. Here, it was more of a fight, you had to fight for a mate. Fight for him to notice you. And even if you did all that another female might linger in his eyes, he may not be interested. It definitely was not a game she enjoyed. Shuffling one of her front legs absentmindedly, her blue eyes still deep in thought, she glanced at the forest almost longingly. Perhaps she should run away? But that was ridiculous. She had worked hard to gain her position as alphess here and planned on keeping it. But there was so much more to her life than being alphess at the moment, as spring came, so did the need to find a mate. She was failing miserably at this, as she had last spring. Though she had only just arrived last spring, So was it not to be expected that last time she would not really develop any real relationships that blossomed into something more? Perhaps. But she had also still been recovering from recent events in that time so she was rather introverted, rather than being open and kind as she had been a long time ago. She felt more restricted now. And it was herself whom was putting these restrictions onto her, these social standards and rules.

She was also more thoughtful than she had been back then, it seemed most of the time she was pondering something. Little actions, lots of thoughts. She liked thinking though, it was nice to explore her mind, to see and feel her emotions and all. But she didn't like now, pondering the darker damp and dull parts of her mind, the ones that caused her to be rather sulky and sad. I don't mean to be like this. She thought quietly. But then another thought, one from another side of her mind, questioned that. Then why are you?

This definitely picked at her mood a bit. Why was she sad? She could likely not have Crimson, and there was not much she could do to help that. She picked up her head a bit, as it had drooped slightly when she had been in such thought. She worried about things that were for the most part beyond her control, fretted over the small details, ignoring the big picture. She didn't want to be sad. So why was she letting herself be sad?

(I played with the size a bit since my posts are getting so long.)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 10th 2012, 11:17 pm

Derek dipped his head to the new hunter, before letting his eyes move back to his alpha. He should walk away now, what right id he have to say anything to her. He was in no better state of mind then her, and was in no position to give advice or a listening ear.

His mind drifted back a while and memories flooded him once more...

"Palla i love you, i don't know when this started, but i o, i know i can not be your past mate, i can not be what you had, i can't give you what you had, and i wouldn't want to." The male dipped his head to look into yellow eyes, trying to read a reaction, snow feel around the two wolves as Derek poured out his heart, trying to tell the one female he loved and would always love what was in him. "I can't be those things, but i can be me, i will be here for you, and i will do my best to make you happy, and feel loved. i won't push you into a decision, but i will wait Pallatsera, i will wait until the ends of the earth" He didn't ask for her response, but his eyes pleaded her not to say no. "I'm sorry Derek I-I can't..."

A soft barely audible whimper escaped the male as he shoved the memory aside, almost being able to see the fleeing form of his past mate. That was what he was thinking, with these thoughts he was not the one to be asking this female anything, he was barely stable. But he plowed on again, damsels in distress would always bring out the prince in him. "It is not good to bottle up your emotions, take it from one who knows." his voice was quiet, and his eye avoided the females looking instead to the alphas interest.

Last edited by Derek on August 11th 2012, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 11th 2012, 12:00 am

"It is not good to bottle up your emotions, take it from one who knows."

Linnëa looked to Derek, but found him to be avoiding her own gaze. A light breath escaped her maw before the formed a reply, a ghost of a smile appearing along the line of her lips. "Better bottled than running rampant. I have a certain reputation as a calm and collected alpha to keep." she only moved closer to reply with a low whisper, so only Derek could hear. Rampant words were almost as bad as rampant feelings. "I hold many bottled emotions, my friend." She gave him a tired looking smile, just now displaying the four years of bottled up emotions she did indeed have stored away, hidden under lock and key until someone really wished to hear about them. Perhaps it just wasn't much of a question wolves asked, all had hard times, and there was no need for a competition over whose had been the hardest. Neither was she all too open for just blurting out her entire life to someone, but she might not mind so much at this moment.

And for now, she wasn't sure if she wanted to talk, or be alone. It was the middle of the day, so she wasn't too keen on sleep. But she had also eaten, and all that she felt was left now was to socialize. She wasn't sure if she wanted to talk right now, though, but at the same time she wasn't sure if she really wanted to ignore Derek's advice and leave her emotions bottled as they were. Giving him an uncertain glance, she sat down, looking quite indecisive. She didn't even know if Derek wished to hear what she had to say. But, if he wanted her emotions to be un-bottled, perhaps a bit of story telling between the two would not be so bad. But the introverted side of her genuinely wished to be alone, perhaps so she could go and relax and get her mind off of things. She briefly wished that one could travel to the beach. Her eyes flicked to Crimson and Adena, it seemed they were continuing as before. She masked all emotion at that point, for fear of giving away her feelings. Maybe she did not want to vent or tell them at all. She didn't know Derek, what if he did something to embarrass her with such knowledge? He didn't seem that type at all though. But her natural distance from others caused her to question even that.

With a collective sigh, again masked so it looked like a breath (she wasn't a fan of dramatic sighs), she looked to Derek once more. "If you wish my emotions un-bottled, perhaps we could take a walk. You seem to have something on your mind as well, and if you wish to listen to me then I shall do the same for you." She gave a light smile. This one was more genuine, less ghostly. Derek seemed to need such feelings to be given out just as much as she, if not more. Hers were the wonders of spring, perhaps his were more? She did not know. She only hoped he did not find her to be stupid or silly, or immature. Perhaps she could pick this emotional barrier, this lock, the male seemed to possess. Perhaps they would become friends some time.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 11th 2012, 2:51 am

Cayden dipped his head in respect to Linnëa. He padded away his grey gaze focused on nothin in particular. Many wolves were about, not a lot that would make him feel oh what was it? Unsafe. He watched Linnëa for a time and the way she looked at two wolves just a ways from where he now stood. Was something going on that the male could just pick out? He shrugged suddenly uninterested. He didn't care if it was love. He'd only loved one. Nari. His beautiful mate that he loved so dearly. He remembered the last words she had said to him:

"I love you so much Cayden she had said "You mean the world to me"

That was before she was shot and killed by that hunter. He could never forget that day even I he tried. Bah what was a babbling on about he was bound to find some female wolf who would fall head over heels for him. He wished any fae that tried goodluck. For he had locked his head behind steel bars. Cayden pushed on wandering the territory with interest. It sure is amazing the male thought to himself peeking up a short hill and sitting in the top. I think I'll rest here. The white male hunkered down curling into a tight ball with a short happy sigh.
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale August 11th 2012, 11:16 am

"That'd be great, If it's not too much trouble, that is,"

Gale remained quiet as Taru graciously accepted Iocus' offer to accompany himself. She flashed the younger male a rather large smile of gratitude to express what she was feeling. The beta male's green eyes were.. disquiet after that fact. He scanned the forest surrounding them, the greenery and tried to estimate what sort of prey would lay in hiding for the wolves. In a forest such as this, he definitely should be able to uncover the golden-brown coat of deer in a thicket somewhere. It only made sense, especially since this specific forest had lain untouched by carnivores as a whole. Perhaps that fact would prove helpful in the coming months since the herbivores would have instincts to flee from their opponents but a greater weight might aid the canines in catching the normally elusive creatures.

"Huh. For you hun, it’s no fur off my back."

The warrior's attention was very briefly brought back to the duo as conversation resumed. He did not miss the warmth that was intensely clear in Iocus' voice. Had the male developed a crush on Taru already? Well, any male in their right mind would be able to see the allure that the female possessed, even if they knew not of her true emotions that bubbled beneath that happy exterior. And Gale was no different, though he had not grown feelings because of how pretty the former delta was but because of her personality and how she and she alone was able to rip the Wanderer's mask fully off to see what he truly thought. Of course, he did not miss the beauty for what she was but looks had never been on the top of his list of what to look out for.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I always am."

Even though Taru had not caught immediately onto the words as a double edged blade, Gale had. There were two implications in her words and he knew it instantly. A very small, almost unnoticeable frown grew on his features though it faded rather quickly. For a moment, he had been slightly hurt at the fact that her mask was replaced, especially around him. However he let that slip from his mind when he realized that earlier, he had done the exact same and that they had company. Such was the usual protocol for the two; Gale told himself that nothing had changed between the dark she-wolf and himself. They were still close friends, even if this was the first time in many, many endless days that they had encountered each other. He wasn't sure if Taru noticed the words that he wished to say but could not yet express.

And he wondered what passed through her mind when they made contact.

"Shall we be off then?"

"Of course." The beta cast one last long glance at Taru before his attention fully encompassed Iocus. Did the younger male yet notice that there was unfinished business that lingered between the older wolves? Perhaps but perhaps not. The former was likely in the sense that the black male may not care about former feelings that were as evident as day but the latter was just as likely. While not exactly sure of Iocus' age, Gale had a feeling that the perceptiveness of the male was decently high. At least he had had the decency to deflate a tad at the contact that occurred between Taru and Gale. "We'll start over there, towards the edges. Prey will be a bit more alert because of the pack, but we should be able to catch them unawares the same."

Not wanting to waste even more precious time and wishing to return to Taru as quickly as possible, the warrior only paused to flick her dark ear with his white-tipped tail before padding away into the forest. Iocus would have to move quickly in order to keep up with the older wolf who was working twice as fast as usual because he didn't want to leave Taru alone for an extended amount of time. However, he was not being so hasty that he could make room for large mistakes. He stopped every few seconds to gather his bearings and to smell the air for the scent of prey. Whatever he would come across first would be his quarry.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kall August 11th 2012, 9:52 pm

Kall ran happily through the woods, sniffing nearly every blade of grass and every twig or branch or flower or even leaf he passed by.
Everything was so wonderful and it pleased him very much. Today was quite a good day.
Kall barked happily as he pranced around. He wanted to run. He wanted to play. He just wished there was someone he could play with.
That thought made him slightly sadder and he sat down, his ears drooping. They soon perked up again as he heard movement nearby his location. Kall crouched, ready to pounce. He wasn't much of a hunter, but maybe, just maybe, whoever was nearby would play.

Kall wiggled his butt and was just about to leap when the ground under him crumbled and he slid down a small ledge between two trees. He whined and got up, shaking himself off, before trotting off after the whoevers he heard.
He soon spotted a few wolves in the area and his tail began to wag.
Someone I can talk to? he asked himself.
He soon hopped along towards the wolves and slowly walked out towards them.

((OoC: I hope this intro is okay l^^; I tried to make it simple for starters until Kall can join in on a conversation lol =P ))
Kall
Kall
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago August 12th 2012, 1:21 pm

((Sorry about leaving you hanging for so long, Cinny! Moving is really lame and time consuming.))

Dago met her eyes, and something like fear was in them. Not for himself, but perhaps for her. He would prove himself a coward, and show her how selfish he could be.

He would make her his own.

Would there have been life after walking away from Cinnamon? In their brief time together he had handed over his heart to her, with little regard for the consequences. Now, he could never take it back, and a wolf who had lost such would never truly be himself again. He much preferred being her Gliron than the Dago he was before, and to remove the fineries of his new self to take on the rags and chains of his past identity would be too much to bear.

He could not yet share his devils with her though. Everything else of himself she would have of him, his life, his love, and what protection he could offer her. But, not this. He would protect her from the Savage Companion, that dark inner voice that often sounded like the cruel words of another, but some days sounded more like his own voice inside his head. He would protect her from his madnesses, his insecurities, and if possible, his shortcomings.

There would be questions in the pack. Such a flurried love affair would raise eyebrows. He imagined again the cold, curious gaze of the female wolf that excused them from Crimson's presence, the hard gaze of the Alpha as he spoke of loyalty. They cared for Cinnamon as well, and while not as enamored with her as he was, they would seek to protect her from foolishness and mistakes, perhaps including the choice to love this sorry male.

He hardly hesistated when she asked him to be hers a second time. The flurry of thoughts make his face but briefly unreadable, before it set to a certainty in his one good eye.

"Yes."

Again, so simple, but so profound. He could sing of her beauty and talk of her wonder and kindness and strength, and worship her for the rest of his days. For now, such a simple answer would suffice, not lost in the cloud of words that Dago was already known for. One word, perhaps the most important of his life.
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting August 12th 2012, 2:09 pm

It was as if she had lost track of time. Everlasting lifted her head, startled out of her dream. Her blue eyes stared blankly ahead of her, and she pointed her nose to the cloudy sky, taking a intake of breath. Days had turned to weeks, weeks had turned to months, and still her search for a pack had failed miserably. She wondered if anyone was near, if they could sense her, at all.
She stood up, on shaky legs, and stretched out, letting out a small sigh of content. She had been running for so long, and this felt wonderful. With the breeze making her soft, light orange fur bristle, she took off in a low trot, her nails digging into the dirt, leaving small indents in the soft earth.
Her ears pricked up, yet her hopes of others were crushed by the lingering smell of a fox, not a wolf.
"Hello? Anyone?" It was a weak question, for she knew her call would probally not be replied to. It was good to at least try, though. The female let her gaze fall, and she stared sadly at the ground.
Everlasting
Everlasting
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kall August 12th 2012, 2:21 pm

Kall sat in wait, silently staring at the wolves. His curiosity was soon satisfied and he turned to leave. Kall wanted to find a wolf he could talk to but was always afraid to approach other animals the same size or bigger than he. He was curios, yes, but he was also shy.
He whimpered softly and hopped away, wondering what was out there still to find.

He could hear the wolves still talking back and forth but he was too shy to interrupt. He wandered around, staying within earshot of them until his curiosity got the best of him and he began chasing a small rabbit playfully through the trees.
He barked loudly at it before he ran it into a burrow hole.
He laid down in front of the hole, sad that his 'toy' got away.
Kall
Kall
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting August 12th 2012, 2:27 pm

[i]Everlasting jumped at the sound of distant barking. She nervously edged closer to the source. She nearly passed out when she saw another wolf. She padded over cautiously, and lowered her tail and ears, her blue eyes softening. "Hello, I'm Ever." She smiled slightly, her tail swishing back and forth in a friendly notion. "You surprised me." She admitted, lowering her head in embarrasment. "I didn't expect others."[i]
Everlasting
Everlasting
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kall August 12th 2012, 2:34 pm

Kall turned around and cocked his head curiously. His tongue rolled out of his mouth lazily as he panted. It gave the impression that made him look as if he were smiling.
"Hello," he greeted back, "I am Kall. I found a rabbit and I chased it..." he turned to look at the hole, "It went in there.." He sniffed the hole once and pawed at it, wondering just how far deep it could possibly go.
He looked back at the wolf, "Sorry, I didn't mean to bark so loudly.. I got excited over the rabbit."
Kall
Kall
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting August 12th 2012, 3:13 pm

Everlasting returned the smile, and glanced at the hole. "I could try to get it out," She offered, leaning down to peer into the darkness. "It seems as if it is only a few feet deep." She sniffed, and the tasty smell of rabbit filled her nose. "Just give me a second." She stuck her muzzle in, and after a few barks and snaps, she came back up with it clenched between her jaws. It wiggled and squirmed, trying to break free. She set it down in front of him and placed a paw on its soft tummy to keep it from running. "There you go."
Everlasting
Everlasting
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kall August 12th 2012, 3:30 pm

Kall watched her retrieve the rabbit, wiggling his butt eagerly. He couldn't wait to see his toy again.
He never did understand why they always ran from him.
Once the rabbit was out and held down, Kall nearly jumped for joy.
"Oh boy, thank you!" he exclaimed, sniffing the rabbit excitedly. He pawed it once then bounced in a half circle around it, yipping like a puppy would.
Kall
Kall
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum