Dakota
Skye
Gale
11 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 19 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Bear August 1st 2011, 1:32 am

"Your calm and relaxed Silver got shoved in a corner when me and Kira found out we were cousins!"

Falco's ears perked, his beautiful Silver was the cousin to the Pack's Beta. He titled his head, slightly confused to her comment, her expression remained excited a smile slowly painted his face as it started to make sense. It seemed that everyone was running into their family members here. "Really?" he asked starting to become excited, but no way near as excited as Silver. He nuzzled into her warm fur as she moved closer to him, the hunter curled his head into her chest. His tail thumping on the snow behind him.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 1st 2011, 10:12 am

"Really?"

"Indeed, my father and her father were brothers. I say were because my father was killed long, long ago. That's how I ended up here, by the way. " Silver replied, though at the mention of her father she tried to hold the smile, she was sensitive about such things. She had been a father's little-girl, but no longer, and the memories though faint and far off still troubled her at times.

"Now, it doesn't hurt as much to know my mother is gone as well. The time I disappeared a few weeks ago was because she was dying, but I wasn't fast enough to help her. So, it seems fair that I will find out I have a cousin after that. " Silver spoke again, babbling her feelings. She knew she could, and Falco was one of the few wolves she knew well enough to do so. She smiled again, banishing the feelings of sadness from herself.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune August 1st 2011, 11:59 am

Rune took only a single step backwards as he placed a bit of distances between himself and this female now known as Adena. Although his eyes still remained locked with hers as the “stare down” continued. With only the flick of his tail Rune nodded his head in agreement. “Hm, I like you…although it is apparent that you still need to learn how things work within this pack. However, I suppose you will pick that stuff up later or something. Anyways congrats you are accepted into a pack that wasn’t even accepting. “Rune remarked his tone a bit softer now as it began to show the warm friendly side so many of the other older members were accustomed to seeing.

“Now based off you what you told me a bit ago…I would say you would probably be best suited for the scout position. In fact that is the only one I plan on putting you in so I hope you enjoy it…if not you can always go back being a loner.” Rune finished as he removed his eyes from the female who continued to stare at him…seemingly unthreatened.

Instead, Rune found himself looking toward a bleak gray sky as one of the last bits of winter snow began to fall. Spring would soon be upon the pack and with that meant new life…both inside and outside of the pack.

Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 19 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 19 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 1st 2011, 12:28 pm

Marlie kept her eyes on Ninja. The male was perfect, and she knew that for sure. Her lean, skinny sickle-like tail flew up behind her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena August 1st 2011, 1:01 pm

Adena held his gaze calmly. If he was trying to intimidate her with his stare, it was in vain. She just stared coolly back at him. But as he began to talk, Adena's eyed widened slightly. But her mouth was smiling. Even though her behavior wasn't polite to be exact - not as nice as she had been with other packs anyway - it had worked. She was in. She was part of the pack.

"Hm, I like you…although it is apparent that you still need to learn how things work within this pack. However, I suppose you will pick that stuff up later or something. Anyways congrats you are accepted into a pack that wasn’t even accepting."

The side of Adena's mouth twitched into a smile. She had succeeded. She wasn't going to be chased off - yet, at least. No, she was now part of the pack. He had accepted her. There would be no more loner business. She wouldn't have to be alone. But she wouldn't get any peace and quiet. "Thank you," she said, dipping her head.. Adena made no move. The alpha hadn't finished. He was getting friendlier by the word anyway, that couldn't be a bad thing. At least he was letting up, loosening up. Most of his cold manner she had earlier seen had gone, perhaps since more wolves had come over to offer some support. The red tinged fae found that she didn't mind nearly as much being practically surrounded by strange wolves as she did when she first came into the clearing.

"Now based off you what you told me a bit ago…I would say you would probably be best suited for the scout position. In fact that is the only one I plan on putting you in so I hope you enjoy it…if not you can always go back being a loner."

Adena raised an eyebrow. She snorted softly. "What would be the point in going back to the life of a loner? I came to be accepted and accepted I was," she replied. There probably wasn't much of a need to reply, but she did. "Scout is fine thanks," she added shortly, her words were said with a smile. She was part of the pack. She was here to stay. This was her home now.

But the thought sent shivers down her spine. On the outside her smile dropped ever-so-slightly, but it still existed. Flashbacks of Tamaska's death played out in her mind. She didn't want them. She hated it, but she couldn't get rid of them. They would be there - they would always be there. But she had to get over it. That was in the past. What has been done cannot be undone. She was here with this pack full of strange wolves. That made her feel vulnerable, nothing, and nobody could help her if something happened anyway. Nobody would help her. She would have to made a life out of this.
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 1st 2011, 4:41 pm

Ninja put his body into a lying postion and sighed, thinking of what to do next. He looked away everytime Marlie looked at him. He felt bad for doing that, but wasn't ready for a commited relationship. The brute perked his eyes, and heard bits of conversations here and there. Ninja sighed again and rested his head on the ground, moving his eyes back and forth at anyone that made movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 1st 2011, 6:53 pm

(Marlie does that all the time, she's not flirting :3)

Marlie looked away and padded away. She snorted in ignorance and let her tail fall. She rolled her eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune August 1st 2011, 7:01 pm

Marlie, it would be nice if you perhaps lengthened your post a bit...even though technically you are not breaking the rules I would prefer it if you did lengthen your post.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 1st 2011, 8:39 pm

Well fed, Shadow and her new raven friend, trotted towards the scent of wolves in the wind. Shadow wondered why she had been left behind... what did it all mean? Quork! A half-frozen pond. Shadow stopped to drink. But, when she looked at her reflection she saw something very strange. A scar. She never remembered having a scar on her shoulder blade.... yet there it was. It was fresh, only made two weeks ago. Shadow drank and pondered the mysterious scar on her way back to the den site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2011, 2:48 am

Luminah then opened her eyes, revealing her shiny blue eyes. As the female lifted her head up from her sister's shoulder, she took in a yawn, her canines making a quick click. She twisted her neck to view at her fellow pack-members, a smile pulled at her black lips. "Sorry, I feel asleep for a while." The white coated female said, aparting her maw as she talked. She quietly put her head on top of her snow covered paws, her left ear twitching in different direction from the snow falling out from the sky.
As Luminah apologized, she didn't know with what to talk about, so she decided to grab one small piece of fresh meat. The female stood up to her paws, trotting up to the dead carcass, lowering her head until her maw reached part of the side of the carcass. She began to open her maw a little, letting her canines sink into the fresh meat that was inside the dead animal. When Luminah began to pull with great force, she can feel the salty blood in her tongue and the warmth of the meat. The meat slowly began to rip off, she pulled one more time and it finally came off. The white female held the meat inside her mouth, trotting back to her sister, laying next to her that their pelts almost touched. As Luminah laid down next to her sibling, she dropped the piece of carcass onto the vegetation that was coated with pure white snow. She licked her muzzle as she tasted the salty blood, swallowing her saliva. As Luminah then looked down at her carcass, she then began to eat it, chewing and swallowing. She did this repeatedly until it was all gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2011, 1:30 pm

Above, the white raven began circling. Shadow stopped her run. She sniffed the icy air. She was near the den. The white raven landed nearby. The smell of a carcass hit Shadow's nose.
The white raven landed near the carcass. A blue eyed wolf was eating. Crark! Cried the impatient raven, venturing closer.
Shadow sat down. What to do... Even though she was of the pack, she felt nervous. Perhaps she should howl. But not here, farther away. Shadow got up and trotted away until she felt better. Then she lifted her head and howled.
I'm here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2011, 4:03 pm

"About something good, I hope."

Link did not reply to her, knowing that it wasn't really a question. He flicked his ears in acknowledgement. Link felt Akera's body press up against his side and he opened his eyes, glancing down at her and blinking away the snowflakes. A grin spread across his face and he moved so his shoulder rested against her shoulder.

"Sorry. I'm a body heat thief, seeing as I don't make any of my own. I hope you don't mind. The cold doesn't like me very much."

He shrugged and let out a small quiet laugh. "No problem. The snow seems to melt as soon as it makes contact with me." he grinned and shook his coat before raising his head once more to the sky and letting the snow fall softly on his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota August 2nd 2011, 11:42 pm

"Let me go! Get off my head! I use that!"

Taru grinned, she had no idea that Elysia used it her head. It was hard to tell sometimes. This made a small chuckle escape her muzzle, and she rose quietly to her paws, releasing her best friend. Her act of becoming dead was quite entertaining, although it in no way affected her decision to rise. Taru only did so because she wished to, no other reasons. The female had no idea how to handle the situation with Gale. This was probably her reasoning behind standing. Taru had a feeling things might work out if they took their natural course, without the interference of the blackish blue female. She grinned at her friend, wagging her tail playfully. If Elysia wished to tackle her, it was the perfect opportunity. Her gaurd was down and she was simply enjoying the moment with her friend.

(Sorry, really lame x.x)
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear August 3rd 2011, 4:52 am

Falco listened to his mate and nodded to her words. His tail thumped behind him on the ground happily, as he eyed her cheekily. He crawled forth slowly towards her, his head remaining on the ground as he shifted along the snow. He put his nose to hers and stared down into her emerald green eyes. His ears twitched as he laid them back against his neck smiling cheekily.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 6th 2011, 5:37 pm

Jacob

Jacob swayed his tail and a small smile escaped his muzzle as the scent of wolves hit his nostrils.He gave each of his ears a flick and shook his pelt vigorusly.He slowly padded into the clearing and looked around,wolves...more wolves,and yet more.His black and white pelt seemed to sway with a cool breeze passing,he shrugged softly and then looked around...So many wolves.He pinned back his ears and thought 'If I truely am looking for a Pack...Im sure this one would be nice if I am accepted.' He nodded to himself and continued farther into the clearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota August 7th 2011, 8:10 pm

Taru flicked her ears. Elysia had not attacked her, seeming to drift away. Perhaps she was thinking of the many things that could have occurred in her mind set. Gale, probably a major priority, could have easily captured the small female's attention. It was a likely solution to Taru's unawsered question. She shifted, towards the scent of another new wolf. This was highly curious, the wolf her pale yellow eyes spotted. It made a warm smile drift to her dark lips, and she raised herself from the ground. He looked slightly like herself, or they had the same pelt colors at least. Taru couldn't help but feel a small blush rise in her furry cheeks. She would greet him herself, as it was also her duty to accept or decline him now.

Taking a few steps over in his direction, Taru kept analyzing this new male's physique. He was quite bulky, strong in the sense of muscles. Taru thought of her father, for that is what he looked like. It made her feel a sudden kinship towards this new loner. She continued towards him, eyes calm and welcoming. "Hello there. I am Taru, a Delta of this pack," she explained, flashing a small smile.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 7th 2011, 10:13 pm

Jacob had his head turned and almost jump at the sound of a voice.

"Hello there. I am Taru, a Delta of this pack."

He pinned back his ears and nodded a bit and said "Hello,Taru.Im Jacob,nice to meet you." A smile caressed the male's face,nice to meet someone friendly for a change.He twitched both of his ears and sat down..This she-wolf looked simliar to him.He smiled again and swayed his tail.

Last edited by Jacob on August 9th 2011, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale August 8th 2011, 7:08 am

Gale stood in silence as he waited for Rune to speak. It was up to the alpha male to accept or decline him now. Nothing the warrior could say would have any influence over the other. All he could do was hope that his apology was sincere enough and that Rune believed that his words were true. For him, it was difficult to maintain the submissive pose and not to ask again for acceptance. Pleading was not something he did or would it ever be. Though, in his second and hopefully better, introduction of himself to Rune it seemed that his words had an almost pleading note to them.

The green eyes of Gale did not betray his thoughts but they did widen a millimeter. It dawned on him that he desperately wanted to be in this pack. His own selfish goals were still there but they weren't as evident to him anymore. When had this change happened? Such an answer was not in his grasp and he wasn't sure if he wanted it to be. There were many different playthroughs, scenarios, and other things attempting to make themselves the central focus of his mind.

Only a slight twitch of his tail showed that he was thinking of something. Not that anyone would know that. Briefly, his bright green eyes left Rune and travelled to Elysia. She was with another. If he remebered correctly she was called Taru and was the new delta of the pack. This wasn't the first time he encountered her though. When Altair had approached him, the fae had attempted to calm the situation by telling a joke. She thought that there would have been a fight if the ginger male approached him and honestly, Gale had thought so too. Rather, the enormous brute spoke with him in a friendly tone which deeply impressed the warrior. Also, Altair seemed to hold the affections of the small delta. Not that Gale was overly surprised by that. Altair was a friendly wolf who no one could hate, not even Gale.

Once again, Gale returned all of his focus to the alpha before him. Such thoughts would have to wait until after the decision was made. It was disrespectful for him to even have his gaze leave Rune for a split second. In order to make up for that, he lowered his body even more with his snow-white throat shown to the alpha. Even though Gale still did not feel any true submissive feelings towards the male, he would have to feign it and feign it well. If even a slight flicker of defiance made itself known now, all his chances would be erased.

What do you say, Rune? This decision is all yours.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 8th 2011, 8:15 pm

Knife yawned and ignored everything else. He was alone for good, well at least thats what he thought. He stood up carefully so that he would injury himself even more. He slowly padded towards a small bush. That was shaped like a c. He curled in a ball around the bush. At least it will keep the wind off me, for the night., He thought. He slowly closed his eyes and wrapped his long ebony tail around his face. The young male's hair was becoming thicker again; Even if it was the end of winter after all his body does what it just needs to do.

(Sorry i haven't been one, I was in a bad car accident a few nights ago and fractured my right arm. So its not really a good thing to be typing XD )

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena August 8th 2011, 9:04 pm

Another male had come up to the alpha as he finished with her. He had spoken just before, but the alpha hardly took notice. He was a loner, seeking acceptance, she could see. She regarded him with a silver-blue gaze before walking off across the clearing. He had obviously been around the place longer than her, and upon his apearance there was a certain apprehension in the air. Though Adena couldn't understand what the problem with loners was, why the alphas were not accepting. And the moment that male had come into the clearing, the whole atmosphere seemed to have change. Some seemed to be on edge at the very sight of him when he had entered the clearing. She raised an eyebrow before looking around.

There were so many wolves gathered and it made her uncomfortable. She didn't show her uneasiness, but it felt quite unnatural even though she knew that she belonged in a pack - this pack - for now at least, but she wasn't used to being around so many others at the same time. Not even her birth pack had been too large, and Adena hardly ever mingled with them anyway since they passed her no remarks. She basically cared for herself except for the food issue. The rest of them were all over little Aislinn; they loved her, though she was arrogant and pup-like. Maybe that was what they were fond of, the fact that her sister would always be the little pup they had to care for. She really had no sense, that girl. Instead of thinking of them she looked around the clearing, taking in the scene that met her gaze.

A bit away, there was a she-wolf addressing a male, perhaps yet another loner? There were also many loners, she noticed, that were seeking acceptance and not just pack members. The pack either wasn't very good at keeping their borders marked, or the loners came in out of pure carelessness. Then they could have done what she had. Adena began to walk away from the wolves that had gathered and wandered slowly toward the trees. She herself had noticed the border, but went right in regardless. She had wanted to investigate, as usual, what the pack was like. Now, she found herself feeling glad that she did. She wanted to be a part of the pack. As she reached the edge of the clearing, she sat down. Her tail curved away from her in an arc as she scanned the rest of the pack with a cool silver-blue gaze.

Her eyes rested on the group she had just walked from. The loner, that beta, Kira, another fae, who must have been the alphess, and that alpha made up the group. She only knew that Kira and Falco, who seemed to have disapeared from sight. She didn't know that alphas name, though he knew hers. Either she would learn it or it wouldn't be needed. She sat motionless except for the odd flicking of an ear to listen to the words exchanged by others. She sat on the edge, as usual, but it didn't bother her as much now since she was actually in the pack. It seemed strange that she could have joined of the pack just like that. To be honest, she had been expecting more of an disagreement between her and that alpha over the fact that they weren't accepting. She had expected him to enforce that decree a little more and show his dominance. And were they not being a wee bit laid-back on the matter of her acceptance anyway?

First off, they said that the pack wasn't accepting, then that Kira one had taken her to the alpha, whoever he was, and he accepted her without putting up so much as a fight? It had happened all right – no dream, or was that a nightmare? But how come this pack accepted her, and not any other pack that hadn't made the desision not to accept loners? These wolves either weren't as judgmental as others, or really thought about her acceptance. She decided on the first option. Not quite as judgmental. But they weren't so bad, maybe they really did consider her and not the others? She liked that idea. As Adena ran over her thoughts of the pack as she took a deep breath. She didn't think highly of herself at all, nor did she fret over what would happen in the future, but the pack was all right. She felt more at ease here that she had felt in most places.
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye August 9th 2011, 3:38 am

“I will accept you, but only because of Kira. And Altair if you do something like this EVER again…you will regret it…both of you will...and I hope you remember that!” Rune called out his voice even enough although he snapped his head sideways so that he could see Kira as well.

There was no doubt that Altair owed Rune. Though he wished that he had told the brute of his and Kira's relationship in the first place. Even though he was a dense wolf, Altair could see a look of disappointment and irritation in Rune's pale gold eyes. At that, the brute lowered his ears and eyes apologetically. He had been about to apologize when the Alpha male turned away from him and spoke with Taru. So, his friend was now a Delta of the pack. Altair smiled with pleasure for his dearest friend. She truly deserved it and he knew that she would do a great job in the role.

Once they finished speaking, Altair opened his jaws again to talk with Rune but another loner came to Rune, seeking acceptance. Her name was Adena and after a few almost heated words with Rune, she had been accepted as a scout. Again, he attempted to speak with Rune but just as he opened his jaws, Gale made his reappearance. Exhaling slowly, Altair went to stand alongside his mate. All the wolves seemed to be full of tension and mistrust again due to the loner's appearance. Altair lowered his massive head and licked her ears in a silent reminder.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran August 9th 2011, 10:01 pm

Soran released a low chuckle from his throat as Spirit coated his head in a fine layer of white crystals, followed by one dark grey paw to rest between his ears. “Well that’s good to know that in the absence of leaves, they’re plenty of paws – hats if you will – lying around if needed.” He replied, sliding his tail along the snow coated ground with ease. The smile seemed unable to disappear form his muzzle; with the recent news of his new Beta rank, and the acceptance of Spirit as his mate, the male felt exceptionally cheerful.

Shifting around in the hollow of snow, Soran’s gaze flickered around the territory briefly; catching a glimpse of Altair as well as Kira, Elysia and Taru, and finally Falco and Silver not too far away. Something was off in the air however... An unspoken tension seemed to hover above the territory – as unusual as it was – but Soran felt no immediate threat. It must’ve had something to do with Rune shouting, as well as the rule that no one could leave the territory.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit August 9th 2011, 10:39 pm

"Why of course." Spirit replied, her tail gliding across the ground behind her. "Paws can be very handy." She turned to look around the clearing. So much seemed to have happened without her really noticing it, which made Spirit feel slightly uncomfortable. Had she really been so unobservant? The air almost seemed thick with the tension that silently loomed over that pack. Spirit flicked on of her gray ears. Spring couldn't come soon enough, perhaps that's what everyone needed - some fresh air and warmth. She turned back to Soran, he looked so happy and thrilled despite the pack's atmosphere. A large grin spread across her muzzle. If there was tension then so be it, after all it was only something one should expect with winter. All she needed was to be here by Soran's side, his jokes keeping her happy no matter the atmosphere.

With one, graceful motion Spirit rose to her paws and stood facing Soran, tilting her head to allow his paw to slide off to the ground. Slowly, Spirit began to circle around Soran, eyeing his ear curiously. Whether or not to pounce swirled around Spirit's mind. She flicked her tail behind her and settled down in front of Soran a few feet away. "So..." She spoke, her eyes still staring at his ears. "How does hunting sound?" She asked. It wasn't what she had intended to say but the words slipped out before she could stop them. Though of his shoulder came to mind, and worry washed over her. "That is if you're up for it.."
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran August 9th 2011, 10:53 pm

Soran’s gaze followed Spirit as she paraded around him, catching her eye as the male realized she was staring at his ears. He pinned them against his head slowly, as if almost teasingly as he rose to his paws silently at her offer to hunt. Casting a sideways glance at his shoulder briefly, he noted the severity of the progress; the wound had closed and clotted, but was still sensitive to the touch – though the spell of cold winter air had kept it numb and painless for the past few days.

Shaking his head, Soran realized that even if his shoulder was comfortable enough to hunt, Rune had forbid anyone to leave the territory; even if to hunt. “I don’t think it is the best idea at the moment...” he replied, shaking the brightly colored powder from his coat in the progress. “Thanks to that loner, I believe we will have to refrain from short hunting trips until things get settled.” Remembering that he had been keeping his newly obtained rank to himself, Soran paced past the female, a light chuckle on his breath. “Of course, the new Beta Male simply can’t go and break the rules set forth by the Alpha...” He said loftily, making a point to stop before exiting the tree line of the forest.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit August 9th 2011, 11:09 pm

Spirit couldn't help but feel disappointed. How could she have so easily forgotten about that? Right, I was distracted. She thought glaring over at Soran, though her tail still swished happily behind her. Why must there be so much drama during the winter? She always felt winter should be a time of bonding for the pack but so far a lot of things only seemed to be going wrong. Broken hearts and incoming loners... it was all a bit much. Mixed emotions stirred within Spirit at thought of the Mahina and the stranger, Dakota. She flicked her ear, a soft pain hitting her as she took notice of the missing chunk. Lifting her paw Spirit steadily brought it over her ear, feeling the awkward stub of an ear. She placed her paw back on the ground, her ears lowering against her head.

Spirit perked up as Soran walked past her. Had he said Beta Male? She looked over her shoulder, watching him walk before rising to her own paws and trotting after him. "Beta Male? Was that what Rune wanted to talk to you about?" Her question weren't necessary as she already knew the answer to them. She swelled with pride for her mate, catching up to him Spirit gave him a slobbery lick on the ear, trying to suppress a chuckle at it. "I'm glad, I'm sure you'll make an amazing Beta." She brushed her muzzle against his before pulling back. Thoughts about her ear still lingered in the back of her mind but she pushed them away.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next