Dakota
Skye
Gale
11 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 2 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 4:33 pm

Whisper yawned. Then she sat down in the light snow covering the ground. She loved this time of year but not as much as spring. She couldnt wait for that to come. She tiltted her head and waited for a figure to appear or either another howl back. She started to mutter sfotly again to herself. She rasied her head once more and howled in a hight pitched tone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 21st 2011, 4:42 pm

Kira turned her head away from the ground as she heard the crunching of snow beneath paws. A smile appeared on her muzzle as she realized it was Altair, her tail sweeping the ground happily.

"Who is he?" Altair asked, glancing over his shoulder at Gale.

She followed his gaze over to Gale and Silver before she heard his question. "That's Gale, he claims to seek acceptance. But I do not believe it will be handed over so easily. Not with that attitude" she said softly, before turning her gaze back to her mate. It was true. The beta couldn't possibly see Maiara accepting the male with that attitude. And if she did, Kira would be greatly surpised.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 21st 2011, 5:03 pm

"That's Gale, he claims to seek acceptance. But I do not believe it will be handed over so easily. Not with that attitude" she said softly, before turning her gaze back to her mate.

"Attitude?" Altair looked at Kira, his eyes confused. He had a bad feeling about the brute but surely he couldn't be that bad. With some reluctance he added, "we should give him a chance though. Maybe he'll change and turn out for the best. One chance is all he may need."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 21st 2011, 5:23 pm

"Attitude?" Altair looked at Kira, his eyes confused.
"we should give him a chance though. Maybe he'll change and turn out for the best. One chance is all he may need."

"That may be true... But if you are asking to be accepted, you don't blow it off because it's to crowded. And you certainly to act as if it was nothing" she said, her ears flattening slightly. "But either way, I don't trust him" she said, resisting the urge to glance back at the male. He had given her no reason to trust him, nor for anyone else in the pack to trust him. She was concerned for Elysia, the female had seemed to be eager to get away from him yet want to stay by his side all at once. If Gale wound up pulling Elysia's strings, it was certainly not something the Beta would stand for. Her thoughts were pulled away as she saw Mahina's expression, and that alone gave her some relief in the fact that she wasn't being outlandish in her thoughts.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 21st 2011, 6:26 pm

"That may be true... But if you are asking to be accepted, you don't blow it off because it's to crowded. And you certainly to act as if it was nothing" she said, her ears flattening slightly. "But either way, I don't trust him" she said, resisting the urge to glance back at the male.

"True, but some wolves are like that." Altair said as he took a thoughtful expression. "Believe it or not I used to be like that too."

His flank lightly rested on hers as he relaxed. He was thinking about going over and speaking with Gale but he wasn't sure if he should. There was something off about him.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 21st 2011, 6:40 pm

"True, but some wolves are like that." Altair said as he took a thoughtful expression. "Believe it or not I used to be like that too."

She took into thought his words, it was hard to imagine him being like Gale at any point. But Altair was no longer like Gale, and that's what mattered to her. She lay her head on her paws with a sigh, "I don't know...he just seems so cocky about everything. " she said, her words holding a hint of distaste.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 21st 2011, 6:57 pm

"I don't know...he just seems so cocky about everything. " she said, her words holding a hint of distaste.

"Even I must agree with that." Altair said as he glanced at Gale. He sat like he was the alpha already and there was something dark about his eyes. "I'll need to speak with Ely later. I want to know what he's like and I don't want her near him."

His ginger-and-white pelt bristled slightly. He was afraid for his friends and very afraid for his mate. What would happen if he weren't around one day and Gale harmed her? The brute couldn't even stand think about harm coming to his mate. Already his lips pulled back at an invisible foe.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale July 21st 2011, 7:52 pm

"I beleive I've been selfishly keeping Gale for too long. Time for sharing, I'll see you both later perhaps."

Elysia was lying. It didn't take Gale long to figure that much out. It was obvious to him that she desired to break away from him before she got in too deep, after all once a female got even a bit close it was too late. A small laugh escaped his lips as she departed. Despite his cold exterior, the laugh was light and almost seemed friendly. His laughs always had been that way, it was his chuckles that were just as dark as he was. It felt good to laugh, even he had to admit that to himself.

The brute almost laughed a second time when he noticed the look of desperation in Silver's pale green eyes as they followed Elysia's movements. It was like they all believed he was some sort of venomous snake that was currently coiled and getting ready to launch and sink his fangs into another. Usually he was seen as a wolf full of danger so he was instantly admitted. Never had been turned down and never had he been an omega. After time passed, Gale always found himself the alpha due to his brute strength and vicious temper. He did have a good leadership streak since he was accustomed to leading and commanding others. In the Banishing Winds it seemed like a take over would not be appreciated.

"Nice to meet you. Are you a new pack member?"

Another lie. Silver did not care for this meeting. She was tense and unsure about him like she expected him to turn out to be the other from her past. A muscle in her chest was tight and that told him that she was uncomfortable with his presence. Gale's tail twitched angrily for some reason. The male was debating whether or not he should reply with his body language or his speech. If he communicated with his body, there could be a miscommunication but he really did not want to talk out loud so he shook his head. But he decided to add some words afterwards.

"You can relax." He spoke lazily as his tail flicked.

The female in front of him was very beautiful, but her scent told him she already had a mate. Another scent informed him that the other male with the ginger fur had approached the divine black and grey fae. His toxic smile formed on his face as he looked over to where the group was. His green eyes caught the male's pale amber ones. There was a challenge in his gaze that seemed to be enticing the male to dare and come closer.

Come and get me.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 8:07 pm

Mahina looked over her shoulder towards Gale. She could sense, but also see obvious tension between the loner and Altair. She growled as a warning to the loner, her teeth baring slightly. Whether her warning worked or not she didn't know, but still the female stepped between Altair and Gale. Just as Altair had stepped between herself and Soran she stepped between Altair and Gale. The female's blue tinted hazel eyes narrowed at Gale, the fur along her nape bristling.

Do something and watch how quickly you're out of here....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 21st 2011, 8:19 pm

"Even I must agree with that." Altair said as he glanced at Gale. He sat like he was the alpha already and there was something dark about his eyes. "I'll need to speak with Ely later. I want to know what he's like and I don't want her near him."

Kira was about to reply to him when she noticed he had turned his gaze towards Gale once more. Within seconds she heard Mahina's growl, causing her to spin her head around quickly. Her icy gaze lifted only to see Gale looking to Altair with a wicked smile. She glared back at him, her icy gaze piercing as they locked onto Gale alone. She got to her paws swiftly, barking a aggressive warning to the male as she stood stiff. Her ears lay flat against her skull as her lips threatened to pull back into a snarl. This was certainly not what she expected, nor would she allow it to happen.

Last edited by Duchess Kirly Fry on July 21st 2011, 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 9:07 pm

"I did not mean to introde in your terriorty.... I was just passing through" His brightened eyes began to be less bright. He sighed "I will leave.... if you wish"

Soske saw how innocent and how nice he was. He was no threat to her and she wanted him to stay. "I wish that you would stay here! I promise we won't bite." Soske than continued to smile at the male. Soske also realized she did not know this wolf's name and if he was staying with their pack she need to know it. Inside her head she was thinking of different names this wolf could be called. It was almost kind of fun. She had to think of a good strong wolf name for this wolf.

Looking at the wolf, Soske noticed something strange. His tail was trying to hide something. She did not know what it was. Soske was curious but felt bad asking him. Maybe he had a weird marking on his side that he was ashamed of. Soske felt rude asking but she was a fae and of course she was interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 21st 2011, 9:20 pm

Rune’s muzzle showed a hint of happiness as his brother responded to his earlier question. The rank of a Beta was a hard one for the wolves chosen to take on this role would bare many responsibilities. However, more then that they would be entrusted to lead the pack one day themselves if Rune and Maiara met an end or were found no longer capable to be leaders of the Banishing Winds. For Rune, he could see no one better to lead his pack in the future then that of his own brother Soran. “You shall do a splendid job Soran, and I’m glad you are willing to take on the task.” Rune said as he heaved himself onto all four paws and arched his back to stretch. “I suppose I should be off now. We should do this again some other time Soran.” Rune added just before he disappeared through the den’s entrance and back out into the open.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 21st 2011, 9:57 pm

Soran remained still and unmoving as his brother rose and left the den to move out into more open space. For a moment, he lay there stunned at the brief, but important conversation. Beta Male.... It was a hard concept to grasp, even when he had gladly accepted the role as Delta. If anything had happened to Rune or Maiara, he – or Kira- would be the one to step up and continue with the pack’s legacy. Even now, he was reminded of the Howling Stones, but a scalding taste seemed to permit his throat at the thought. What had happened to his pack after he and Thalia had gone their separate ways? Did it crumble; disperse? Or perhaps live on like he had wanted it to.

]Soran shook his head to clear his mind of useless memories. He had to stay focused on what was now than what was then. Rising to his paws, the male emerged from the entrance of the den, blinking his eyes against the blinding white of the snow. The bitter air cut quickly through the comforting warmth the den had provided; but could not break through his thick winter pelt. Soran’s breath came out in short puffs of steam as his eyes cleared enough to scan the land around him.

In the distance, he heard conversations and inaudible words drifting from groups spread around the territory. As far as he could tell, Spirit was not among them, though she would be difficult to spot with her snow colored fur. Shaking his own frost collecting pelt one last time, he padded away from the main den and beneath the cover of a wide evergreen with low hanging nettles.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 10:04 pm

Soske saw how innocent and how nice he was. He was no threat to her and she wanted him to stay. "I wish that you would stay here! I promise we won't bite." [/quote]

Knife looked at the young females interest in him. He never had a female look at him like that before. He sighed and spoke in his normal deep toned voice again "Im Knife". He looked back up, his golden eyes light like a match to a candal. He followed her eyes right onto his shoulder scar. He decided to show this female the real him. He removed his tail very slowly from his chest. The white fur stuck out from his black pelt like blood in snow. He acted like he heard something for an excuse to turn around. He was showing her his shoulder scar that is also covered with white fur. As he turned back his head almost like magic the sunlight shone right through the hole in his right ear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 21st 2011, 10:26 pm

Altair quickly noticed how both Kira and Mahina took aggressive stances toward Gale. He quickly stood and looked at the mottled male with calm eyes. The brute kept his tail relaxed and the fur on his body. It was no interest of his to cause trouble even if another sought it.

"Don't give him the satisfaction of a response, love." He said slowly as he nuzzled Kira. "It will only encourage him to know he hit some sort of nerve."

The guard took his time as he headed towards Gale. His pelt brushed against Mahina's in a comforting gesture as he continued past. He settled himself down just a few tail lengths from Gale. He would not hold anything against the male until he did something unexcuseable.

"Hello." He greeted, his voice friendly. "I am Altair, an elite guard of the Banishing Winds Pack. You're name is Gale if I'm not mistaken. It is a pleasure to meet you."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 21st 2011, 10:29 pm

Spirit parted her jaws in a wide yawn as she woke from her slumber. She looked around the clearing at the other members mulling about; she must have dozed off on the rock. Rising to her paws shakily Spirit shook her fur, freeing any snow that had settled on it while she snoozed. The white she-wolf looked back up just in time to see Soran padding off into the trees. Spirit stood there silently for a moment just looking at the trees by which he had disappeared, trying to decide if she should follow him or not. Casting a glance around the clearing, she noted everyone else seemed pretty busy at the moment. Her decision made Spirit leaped off the rock and bounded forward in the snow.

Finding Soran under a tall and rather wide evergreen Spirit walked up beside him, a warm smile spreading across her muzzle. For a few moments she remained silent, enjoying the comfort being around Soran brought to her. Shifting her paws momentarily Spirit raised one of them to swipe gently at his ear. "So how was your talk with Rune?" She asked, remembering the two conversing in the den. It wasn't anything lively but she was curious. Although Spirit felt it was nothing to really concern herself with she was curious - and besides he could always tell her he didn't wish to speak of it.

[ Eh.... ]
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 21st 2011, 10:35 pm

Taru heard the warning bark, standing suddenly as she found that Altair and Kira were facing off with the newcomer, Gale. This caused her old omega ways to wiggle there way out from the depths of her mind. She was used to this. When tensions got high, especially in Winter when those were choosing mates, she would move in. Taru had dealt with many situations like this, normally handling them with a playful bow or swat. This would create a game in which others could relieve stress, instead of fighting. The ebony female pulled away from Elysia, giving her a pleading look. "I'll be right back. Don't freeze this time or do anything stupid," she grinned, laughing to herself. She pressed her nose to Elysia's forehead, leaping away suddenly to head towards the space between Altair, Kira, and Gale. Kira had already given a warning, while Gale was currently dieing for Altair to take the bait. Taru wanted no fighting. If this loner had come here to do just that, he could take it up with Rune.

Walking casually in the way of the vicious gaze of Gale, she looked to both groups. First, she looked to Gale, beginning her act that she had used as a omega within her birth pack, "What do you call an elk in a storm?" she spoke her joke. The female then looked to Altair and Kira, winking thoughtfully to show that she knew what she was doing. This joke had always killed when she was in her birth pack. It was truly funny, and the own creation of Taru. Her eyes followed Altair as he suddenly seemed to go for Gale. No, he needed to stay away from this Gale character. Apparently Altair was not the brightest when it came to these types of situations. He sat down next to him, beginning to talk. Deciding it was time for her punchline, she looked towards Gale and Altair. A gentle smile rose to her muzzle, "A reindeer." She laughed for a moment, waiting for the joke to sink in. If they found it funny, which they would, it would slowly melt away the tension of this atmosphere. With Kira now unguarded, as Altair had left her side, Taru shifted, placing her body between the loner and the beta female.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 21st 2011, 10:48 pm

"How can I be calm around one as aggressively arrogant as you?" Silver said, her voice still managing to be even. This male was beginning to make her even more weary. He would not lay a single paw on any of her pack mates as long as she was weary of the male. Her body displayed nothing, she was becoming oddly distant, which was a sign that only a few had ever seen. Silver, for once, was becoming angered.

Her tail stiffened behind her as she stood, stepping right into his demented gaze at Altair. She was still progressively even, showing no sign of anger nor happiness. It was as if she was blank.

"What are you glowering at, Gale?" She asked, staring at him as she heard Taru as well stand in front of the betess.

Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 11:05 pm

"Im Knife"

"Hi Knife, I am Soske. I am a scholar in the pack." She looked straight into his amber eyes when she said this to show she was no threat to him and that he did not have to worry. She wanted him to feel like he did belong here. Soske remembered being really new to the pack and she felt like an outcast. She wanted to make Knife feel like he actually belonged. Soske smiled at Knife, showing her warm side.

Soske tried not to stare at his shoulder, but she did. She wanted to know what was underneath. Soske knew Knife saw her looking at it. When Soske saw Knife remove his tail from his chest, she was worried for the wolf. She saw the white fur on his shoulder which seemed out of place. She knew that there must be a scar there and she wondered how it happened. Soske never saw anything like this and wanted to ask many questions.

Just when Soske was curious about the white fur on his shoulder, she saw something that made her almost cry. She saw Knife's right ear. It made her lose her breath. There was a hole right through his ear. She could not believe this. Soske felt like he was ashamed of this though, because he turned around while showing her his scars. Soske knew this was nothing to be ashamed of. She still thought he looked good, even with all the marks. The female wanted to know the stories behind them.

Soske started to walk and stood right in front of the wolf. She caught his golden eyes and Soske thought they looked hesitant. Maybe he did not like showing people this, Soske thought. Maybe he really did think of her as a friend which made her feel special. Maybe she should open up to him, she thought.
"Well Knife I do not want to force you to tell me about your scars, but they intrigue me. If it makes you feel any better, I have a few burned scars under my coat too."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 11:07 pm

Mahina's tail flicked behind her. She itched to put the loner in his place, which was on his belly in the snow, tail between his legs and ears pinned back against his skull, where she thought all ignorant wolves belonged. The female flexed her claws in the snow, her eyes still narrowed. She walked over to Silver, but never took her eyes off Gale. She leaned forward to whisper in her ear. "He remind you of Bayne any? Cause I'm this close to breaking his face."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 21st 2011, 11:22 pm

"Don't give him the satisfaction of a response, love." He said slowly as he nuzzled Kira. "It will only encourage him to know he hit some sort of nerve."

Kira pried her gaze off of Gale slowly as Altair's words sunk in. "I'd like to hit some sort of nerve" she thought to herself silently. She released out of her stiff position, her paws lifting from the snow they had sunk in as she shifted weight. When she looked up again her mate was walking over to Gale, which caused the female to flatten her ears once more in worry. She padded lightly across the snow until she stood by Taru. While she didn't need the ebony female's protection, she was still thankful for it. Her tail lashed behind her angrily as her icy gaze stuck to Gale once more. If he laid merely a paw on any member of the pack, she would snap, which was a rare occurrence for the typically docile beta.

Last edited by Duchess Kirly Fry on July 21st 2011, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 21st 2011, 11:24 pm

As Rune made his exit from the den, he headed towards a group of wolves. Although as he drew closer he noticed that, some of the wolves around him were a bit riled up and this peaked his curiosity. Quickly he moved to Maiara’s side and nudged her gently. Finished with his greeting Rune patiently waited to be informed of the situation.

(Small post, but I am getting caught up with the situation...maybe if someone informs Rune of it..^-^)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 11:29 pm

Knife looked back into Soske's eyes. His eyes brightened as be began to trust her even more. "If were the only two around..... i can tell you about them." He knew that the history behind his shoudler scar might upset her. "I'll warn you that... the story behind the one on my shoudler..... mught upset you" He sighed and began to lose himself in thought. The vision of that terrible foggy night came into his mind. He remembered it all like it was yesterday. All of a sudden he tunned back in. He smiled back at her showing her his large white fangs. He began to think that she might not like him for what he was about to tell her. Knife sighed as a gust of wind blow his scent. He liked this she wolf. He knew that for sure. His golden eyes seemed to be locked on her blue eyes. He has never done that before, but for some odd reason he couldnt help it.

Last edited by Knife on July 21st 2011, 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2011, 11:29 pm

Mahina looked up as Rune came into the scene. She left Silver's side and trotted over to hin, her tail flicking. The female stood in front of him, her head tilting slightly. "Need an update?" She motioned towards Gale with her head. "His name is Gale, and I must say I'm a paws length away from breaking his nose." Her hazel eyes still showed her distaste in the male, and she wondered if Rune would be reminded of Bayne because of the male as well, once her did something stupid again of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale July 21st 2011, 11:33 pm

Gale noticed the ginger male stand after his mate and friend each gave the loner a warning. First a low growl from his former guide and then an almost snarl from the black female with the grey in her fur. He thought that the ginger male would attack immediately but he just spoke calmly to his mate, nuzzled her, and proceeded to head his way. So he swallowed the bait, did he? Fool.

Gale's eyes widened as the ginger male sat just in front of him. What was he doing? Was here preparing to attack? No, he doubted it. After all, the ginger male kept his eyes relaxed and held a friendly stance. In spite of himself, Gale felt admiration towards him. Never had he met a male wolf who would come over voluntarily, he was always forced to go to them. Females came to him but never had another brute. This was new and he found himself at a loss for words.

"Hello. I am Altair, an elite guard of the Banishing Winds Pack. Your name is Gale if I'm not mistaken. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Surely this had to be a lie. But Gale found no evidence to suggest that Altair was nothing more than sincere in his words. Even though the loner was being nothing more than a challenging threat, the large brute still came over to him like it was nothing. Now that Altair was closer, he took a good look at him. He stood over three feet tail with a powerful build. Most of his fur was a light ginger until it reached his mid jaw, chest, and paws because those features were a bright shade of white. The ginger darkened as it hit his ears and tail.

"What do you call an elk in a storm? A reindeer."

Another interference. His piercing green eyes locked onto the new females with a cold light shining in their depths. The light faded quickly though as was replaced with another, more malevolent yet it was almost impossible to describe which emotion it was. The only reason he did not taunt her was because the ginger male was still approaching and he could smell Elysia's scent on her. He doubted that harming her friend would help him any. But he did not offer this wolf a reply.

"How can I be calm around one as aggressively arrogant as you? What are you glowering at, Gale?"

Silver was still near him but her words were meaningless and fell on deaf ears. Had he been paying attention, he would have snapped back with a horrible comeback. Now, all of Gale's concentration was on Altair as he tried to figure him out and nothing could break it. In the normally dark shallows of his eyes was a almost friendly light towards the male. He shifted his multi-coloured paws in embarrasment. He was unsure of what to say to the other. Confirming his words seemed like his best bet.

"Yes, I am Gale." He replied lamely. The beast roared at him, fighting for a release that it would not recieve. "It is good to meet you too, Altair."

[Just because he begged to become Gale's friend. Lol.]
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next