+2
Rune
Soran
6 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Hunting Grounds - Page 10 Empty Re: The Hunting Grounds

Post by Dakota January 3rd 2011, 1:17 am

Dakota nodded gratefully to Silver as she dropped the meat, "Thank you." The female turned back, her attention turning to Incendiu's fight once again. Her pups scampered around her feet, slowly gnawing away at the chunk of meat at her paws. She continued to watch the conversation below, unphased by the presence of food. A low breeze wafted the smell of blood to her nose, Incendiu had been injured. Dakota's ears perked up, her worry level rising. She looked down, seeing what was left of the meat. A small lump of fresh, newly killed elk and her pups with buldging stomachs. The mother leaned down, swallowing the remains of Silver's gift.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 3rd 2011, 11:22 am

Queen Sighed and looked up to the night sky, she walked off towards the denof Dakota and Silver "I doubt he will be coming near you to." she said trailling off, Looking at Derek who had been just standing there for a while...

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 3rd 2011, 5:26 pm

"If he does come close, he won't get a happy welcoming. " Silver muttered under her breath, it was muffled by the meat in her mouth. Her green eyes, deeper green due to tiredness, looked around, and she turned to walk towards her den. Perhaps she'd stay there all day tomorrow, the day of the hunt had left the pups in there almost all of the day.

Maybe we'll begin to train for hunting. She thought, beginning to walk.

"Hey, Queen, " she said, "Want me to teach you some herbs and such? Since your a scholar now, it would be helpful to have more than one wolf who knows her herbs. " she said, smiling at the female encouragingly through the meat.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 3rd 2011, 5:34 pm

Queens Eyes Perked to Silver as she was upset "Oh Hiya Silver" she replied "Sure.." she sat down and sighed lightly looking at Derek and back at Silver to the floor at her toes and back up to Silver with a slight smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 3rd 2011, 6:33 pm

Taking a chunk of the meat, Karma moved away from the other wolves and began eating her share. She would not have minded if anyone joined her - in fact, she would appreciate it. The femme felt as if there weren't very many in the pack that she knew very well. She hadn't spent very much time in particular bonding, more rather meeting and those small encounters from day to day that were a part of pack life. Do I seem like a loner to them? she wondered, rather distraught. How did I get like this? was her next question. The answer came fairly simply - Hektor. Her lost mate, and her lost pups.

Karma's golden eyes scanned over the other pack members. Liver and Queen were chatting. It seemed that Zephyr and Inc were brawiling. Why she did not know. Derek, too, was alone, as were some other members. "I don't bite," she mumbled to herself. "So why do I get avoided?"

Is that just the way I come off as? Unapproachable? she thought curiously. I should do something about it. But how to do it was the question. Hey eyes continued watching the pack.

Last edited by Karma Dear on January 3rd 2011, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 3rd 2011, 6:44 pm

Catching Silvers glare Bayne kept his silence & made no reaction to it, only thinking to himself, 'Perhaps I don't belong here, could it be that I am only blinded by my own emotions? Should I leave before anything else happenes while I am here, besides I am not permitted to speak with any.' The thoughts dragged him into a deep, darkened sadness, he curled himself into a tight, black ball of fur & went to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara January 3rd 2011, 6:59 pm

"She is right. This is not your fight."

Maiara breathed a soft sigh as Incendiu repeated Zephyr's words and answered her question; she would hold steady to her morals, no matter the consequences. She and the others had no involvement in the cause of the fight, and so had no right to attempt to make it their own. It could only make matters worse,
"Stand back," she called to the others wearily, approaching them quietly, "I don't want any uneccessary injury to innocents." she said, glancing first at Zephyr, her posture held high and threateningly, then Incendiu who emanated fury and pride. "I don't want any inuries to be inflicted on anyone...but that isn't my choice to make." she commented, her tone serious.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira January 3rd 2011, 8:09 pm

Kira looked at Maiara, suprised at her actions. She quickly walked over to Maiara, giving her a look that clearly said ''Sorry, but I refuse to stand by and watch this time.' She then walked past her and began her ascent towards where Rune and the others were. Her fur was ruffled slightly, she hated standing by while two pack members fought. Maybe Maiara was right...but, then again maybe she wasn't. She kept her ears flattened as she thought of this.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 3rd 2011, 8:31 pm

Queen tensed up she couldn't help but ask Silver, "Okay, I have a question" she said "I was thinking like you know when we go back to the den and I see Derek again" she said feeling hyper, "I'd ask Derek to be my mate?, How does that sound?" she asked, "Too Cheesy, weird?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 3rd 2011, 9:32 pm

"Of course not!" Silver said, smiling at her friend. Her green eyes began to blaze happily. She continued walking, soon the den came into view. She knew her pups were inside, waiting for some one to tell them to come out. She dropped the meat, int eh middle of the clearing in front of it, and opened her mouth to speak.

"Some out little ones! I have food!"

Frantic shuffling and grunts could be heard from the den as they wrestled and raced to get out first. Three pups leapt out of the den, Hoku running out first. Opalo and Kalos ran behind her in a tie. Hoku ground to a stop before her mother, beginning to devour the meat eagerly. Opalo and Kalos caught up and began to do the same.

"Make sure you save some for me. "

"Yes mother!" Hoku yipped in between a bite, her snow white muzzle slightly pink.

Silver looked behind her, checking to see if Queen was there.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 3rd 2011, 10:29 pm

Derek had taken a peice of meat before falling back. After days of being alone, being so close to a group of wolves frightened him. Within in seconds his belly was full and his mind was slightly clearer. Lifting his skinny body from the ground he moved into the open where others could see him and talk if they wished, but far from the group he once conversed with. He saw much tension but didn't feel any need to help...for the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran January 3rd 2011, 10:42 pm

Soran slunk in behind the group, ashamed that he had fallen behind in the hunt and hadnt been able to perform the way he had planned. The male paused a few feet away from the meaty carcass of the elk. Unsure of whether or not he would be able to eat much, the hunter pulled a small chunk free of the pink bone. Most of the pack had disappeared around the territory, now that the hunt was over there was no reason to hang around. With the warm piece of elk clamped beneath his jaws, the male moved away form the carcass before something caught his eye and he stopped. Derek was sitting alone, having already eaten his fill. He approached cautiously, not knowing whether or not the brute wanted to be alone. "Hey Derek." Was all the male could say as he sat beside the dark wolf, devouring his meat ravenously.

Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 3rd 2011, 10:52 pm

Derek turned to the male and smiled, felt weird but he did it anyways. "Greetings Soran." Glad that he was able to put names to faces now. "what has happened in my absence?" He asked, it seemed as if so much time had passed he was afraid that the pack had done rather important things without him. Not that he had any right to tell the pack they must put everything on hold for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 4th 2011, 12:55 am

A sudden fatigue overcame her. Zephyr's vision blurred, her limbs barely under control. She was shaking on the inside, memories flashing before her eyes. The darkest places, the death of Dumin, his light yellow eyes staring off into oblivion, facing death in all her shadows. That's all everything was nowadays, a shadow. Something that nobody could ever be rid of, a fear, a secret.
Zephyr nodded, her thoughts forlorn. "Yes, I am mistaken." Her front paw flexed in the grass, digging up long green tails. She looked up, her blind eye closing. "It was a mistake to join, but listen to this- I am not weak. I will no longer be looked down upon. If attacked, I will run, but not of fear, out of every wolf's need; to survive. I cannot be broken..."
Zephyr turned and ran, and if she could she would have cried. Her limbs streaked out across the eternal plain, never halting or slowing over the grasses that wove goodbye to her. She wanted to accomplish something, but killing would only lead to more killing, she refused to be like those before her, and she refused to be seen as a killer. So, she turned at the edge of the forest, disappearing deeper and deeper into the southern side of the territory, and soon she would end on the border. If she made it that long, she would cross it, and disappear into memories.

(My final post, goodbye everybody)

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 4th 2011, 3:43 am

Silver yawned, deciding Queen would catch up eventually. She turned and grabbed a few leaves from a nearby mint bush, walking to the pups. About half was gone, and she smiled as the three grinned up at her, their muzzles pink. She gave Hoku one of the leaves, knowing the pup loved to chew on it, just like her.

"Thanks!" she pup yipped, as Silver snapped up the remaining piece of meat, laying down on the spot to devour it. Opalo immediately, without warning, tackled an unsuspecting Kalos. She growled playfully, as they tumbled through the grass.

I'm really lucky Rune told Bayne to stay away. I wouldn't want them sucked into all this drama. It's not a nice thing to have at their age. Silver thought, Taking not of his awesomeness.
(Happeh, Rune? XD
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune January 4th 2011, 3:58 am

Rune climbed up the same pathway he had descended as he positioned himself for the hunt. It was one of the many different paths one could use before they arrived into the main territory. However, this particular path was his favorite and the one that took the lease amount of time for traveling. As he poked his head through the lush brush followed by the rest of his body, for now he would return to the den. Once there he would plop himself down under his favorite pine and await for the others return.

(Lame, but Silver had to go and note my awesomeness so I couldn’t possibly compete with such a post. XD)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 4th 2011, 11:43 am

Queen walked after her as she said "You really think so?" she asked.. "I though it would be kinda Cheesy" she sighed Looking at Derek "What if he forgets me?" she asked.. worried and though about it all over.. "Maybe i need to go speak with him to so i know he knows me..." she said

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 4th 2011, 3:00 pm

"Corny? No. It's not corny. " Silver replied to her, finishing the last bits of meat as the female arrived.

"Opalo, Kalos, Hoku; This is Queen. She's another scholar of out pack. " Silver said to her pups, gesturing to her. She smiled, not surprised that Hoku walked right up to her. Kalos stayed in place, and Opalo edged closer to his mother, wary eyes fixed on her.

"Nice to meet you Queen!" Hoku yipped, her small white tail a blur. Her blue-green eyes shone contentedly.

"But, anyways, go ahead and ask if you want to ask. I won't shrivel up and die before you can come back to get taught about herbs. " Silver said once more, grinning.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 4th 2011, 3:13 pm

"Oh.. I though so" Queen laughed, "Hiya Opalo, Kalos and Hoku!" she smiled at them

Queen smiled "Im Gonna go talk to him and make sure he knows me.. For sure" she smiled and Nugded Silver in a friendly way "Thanks for being here" as she turned troting off to Derek and Soran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira January 4th 2011, 5:29 pm

On the way back she caught the scent of Silver and decided to stop and see her friend. She trotted lazily over to her, a smile on her muzzle. "Hey Silver" she barked, wagging her tail.

[lame >.<]
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara January 5th 2011, 4:59 pm

Maiara watched with mixed emotions as Zephyr ran swiftly off into the distance, leaving the Banishing Winds as suddenly as she had come. While she was glad that neither she nor Incendiu had been left dead, the alphess couldn't help but be saddened by the sudden departure of the introverted female, whom she had barely gotten to know due to her reserved ways. She wondered what had started the fight, but knew better than to meddle, instead redirecting her gaze towards Incendiu who looked as though he had suffered some significant injuries.
"Are you alright?" she asked the male, not out of pity, but concern, making sure that he was fine before she tended to the hunger gnawing at her stomach.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 5th 2011, 5:04 pm

" Hello Kira! " Silver replied, turning to smile at her friend. Her tail began to sway side to side as she did so. All three of the pups turned to look, smiling and showing excitement to her.

"Hi Kira!" Hoku then yipped as well, her white tail, once again, a blur.
(Lame!
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 5th 2011, 6:52 pm

Mahina looked to Maiara, before scooting off into the undergrowth and trotting over to the dead elk, heavy pawsteps making some curious coyotes look up. Mahina bared her teeth at the small canines. "Curiosity killed the coyote." As if the animals understood her, they booked.

As she came to a stop beside the elk, she looked with cautious eyes into the forest. What was there that bothered her so much? Probably a strangling coyote. The femme shook her head, sinking her ivories into the elk's shoulder. When she came up, her muzzle was stained with blood, her white paws, which had rested in a small puddle of blood, were no exception.

Stumbling over the elk, the female trotted over to where Soran and Derek sat, sitting beside Soran. "So, how's my Halloween costume?" She chuckled slightly, dropping the elk meat. "Or whats up? Whichever you'd guys rather answer."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 5th 2011, 9:08 pm

With her meal eaten, Karma rose to her paws. Her belly was now full, and a drowsiness was overcoming her. With a huff, the female dropped to her belly once more and drifted to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 5th 2011, 9:35 pm

Incendiu narrowed his green eyes and sat once the black female left. For some reason a hidden anger coursed through him and his current growling ceased. He turned and trotted off, sore and bleeding. He didn't reply to the Alphess who waited on the crest not far off, instead her walked away from her back into the grasses to his mate. He pushed his way through the tangled forest and found himself at the densite. He trotted stifly over to Dakota and the pups who lay about her paws. "Hello" He said, love finally washing away all other emotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum