Rune
Soran
6 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Hunting Grounds Empty The Hunting Grounds

Post by Soran December 9th 2010, 7:11 pm

The Hunting Grounds Gray-wolves-elk-prey_10675

The wide grassy plains and clear blue skies are home to a large herd of elk. In the early morning, they can be seen munching on the tall dew covered grass, but there is always a brutish Bull ready to defend the herd’s females and calves with his life. Through the middle of the hunting grounds is a river that crisscrosses into smaller streams and puddles of crystal clear water. These excellent conditions attract a multitude of hungry predators, including coyotes, bears and even small bobcats. Small rabbits and mice rustle through the grass and brush hungrily, and are easy pickings for a starving wolf. These food sources are perfect for keeping the pack's bellies full and healthy.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Hunting Grounds Empty Re: The Hunting Grounds

Post by Rune December 10th 2010, 7:16 pm

As he pushed himself through the thick brush, Rune looked around with a golden gaze. However, his eyes never lingered for long on any one object as they fell upon the hunting grounds a warm smile parted his muzzle. "I can't believe it has already been a full year now." He whispered softly as his tail wagged behind him in sheer excitement. As a gust of wind blew and danced throughout his multi-colored fur, Rune in all of his excitement caught glimpse of a herd of elk in the lush meadow below. Without a moments worth of hesitation he leaned his head back and let his song of gathering pierce the skies above. Today the pack would hunt together and as one being...instead of the many, it normally was composed out of.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 7:21 pm

Karma padded onto the hunting ground, having heard Rune's howl. The event of the all pack hunt had made her eager since its announcement. She spotted the herd by following Rune's gaze. Her tail wagged in excitement with his, and more than likely the rest of the packs' tails as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara December 10th 2010, 7:33 pm

When Maiara heard Rune's call from the hunting grounds, she immeadiately set off running towards the sound. A breeze that carried the scent of the lush greenery, dust, and warm sunlight rustled through her sandy fur.
"A perfect day for a hunt," thought Maiara, excitedly. The female brushed her belly low to the ground, increasing her speed. She laughed lightheartedly, it had been too long since she had run so quickly and it made her pulse quicken with exhileration. Sighting Rune, she slowed relectantly, coming up beside him, brushing his flank with her tail, grinning happily.
"So Rune, what's the plan?"

Last edited by Maiara on December 10th 2010, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira December 10th 2010, 7:53 pm

As Kira heard Rune's call she bounded to the hunting grounds, her body shaking in excitement. As she neared she saw that Karma and Maiara were already here. She sat down her icy blue eyes shimmering. She nodded her head in respect to Rune and Maiara and flashed a quick smile, her tail thumping the ground rythmically.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 10th 2010, 8:01 pm

Rune nodded a small greeting as he noticed Maiara, Karma, and Kira had arrived. Although, they would need to wait until the others showed up as well at least for now they could discuss the strategy he had in mind. "Okay, well this is what I had in mind..."he began, but paused soon after he had started as he ran the plan over once more in his head.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 9:13 pm

"Hey hey hey!" Mahina came to a stop on the other side of Rune, panting slightly. "Know the meaning of wait up?" A mock shiver made her shake her fur, trying to catch her breath. Her voice fell silent as she watched the elk herd below the hill. "Oh yeah.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 9:44 pm

Thorn's ears perked as she heard Rune's howl. She wasn't really sure what was going on, seeing as she is a new member. But she started running full speed towards the sound echoing through the air. She was excited to be able to run and clear her head. Running was a favorite pastime of Thorn's. Her black body weaved expertly in and out of the trees. Reaching an open area, Thorn saw her alphas, Karma, and two she-wolves, one black (Kira) and one predominately brown (Mahina). Slowing, she shyly walked towards her pack mates, halfway proud of herself for not shrinking back or flinching in fear. She wondered what was going on when she saw the excitement on the wolves' faces. Then her emerald-gold eyes spied the elk below and her heart started to race a bit. Thorn felt pretty happy for the first time in a while. She never had the chance to hunt as a pack before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 9:49 pm

Karma greeted the others as they all came near. She was eager to begin the hunt, but figured they would wait. With a flick ofher tail, she glanced around, awaiting the plan to be dispensed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 9:53 pm

Thorn smiled at Karma. She nodded her head to the two unknown wolves. She gave a small bow of the head to her leaders. Thorn stood close to Karma, eyeing the females that she didn't know. She started to tremble a bit, but willed herself to stop. It must be safe because the alphas are fine. But she thought, I wonder if they see me shaking. Hopefully not. They will think I'm a horrible hunter. But I'm tougher than I look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara December 10th 2010, 9:59 pm

As more and more pack members arrived in answer to Rune's howl, Maiara's exuberance grew. Her tail traced quick little circles in the air. She looked around at everyone else and noticed Thorn trembling slightly, which was understandable as this was her first hunt with the pack. A light smile came to her lips. She walked over to the shaking female,
"Don't worry, you'll do fine," she whispered reassuringly to her, and turned away, returning to her place by Rune's side.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 10:07 pm

Thorn looked up at Maiara as she address her. "Don't worry, you'll do fine." She smiled a bit at the female, thinking, I knew they would think I'm nervous. Well I guess I am...but not about the hunt. I just have to keep telling myself to try to trust them. I guess I should start with introductions... Still trembling a bit, Thorn approached the two females, ears down a bit, and greeted them. "Hi, I don't think I've meet you two. I'm Thorn. I'm new here, a scout. I kind of...love running."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 10:13 pm

Karma nodded as Thorn introduced herself to others. She stretched her neck side to side, loosening her muscles. She flicked her tail in anticipation, the tip quivering like wind tussled leaves

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 10th 2010, 10:33 pm

"We will go down half way as a full force, but then we will split into groups. Kira and Thorn will go left and then Mahina and Maiara will be going right. From there the plan is that we will flank them from both sides. Sending them into a dangerous, but necessary stampede like scurry,” he explained as he looked back down into the meadow where the elk were shifting grazing positions.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 10:41 pm

Thorn looked to Rune, nodding her head in comprehension. She was happy to be able to bea part of this. She felt like she definitely had to live up to expectations. The pressure was on her not to mess up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 11:14 pm

Karma nodded, wondering which group whe would go with. She shrugged and decided that it would depend on who went where the others went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira December 10th 2010, 11:19 pm

Kira looked at Rune and nodded, she then looked to Thorn and a smile spread across her muzzle. Her icy eyes glistened like diamonds and her tail began to slow as a wave of seriousness overtook her.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 11:21 pm

Thorn felt a bit unsteady about working with the stranger, but seeing Kira smile made her feel a bit better. She walked over to the dark wolf and said quietly, "So I guess we're sort of partners today."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira December 10th 2010, 11:29 pm

"Yep" she laughed quietly. "I look forward to knowing you better" she said. She shifted weight on her paws as she waited anxiously.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 11:31 pm

"Me too. I'm not...really good with strangers. But I'm trying my best. Hopefully you wont be a stranger for long." Thorn's tail swayed a bit in anticipation and nerves. She wasn't much of a leader so she would try to follow Kira as best she could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 10th 2010, 11:41 pm

With a quick glance over towards Karma Rune titled his head and smiled warmly. "Karma, you will be tagging along with me on this hunt. Seeing as you are a guard your muscle will be of great use when we actually begin the attack on the elk of Maiara's choice." He stated as lashed his tail playfully behind him in excitement.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 11:44 pm

Karma nodded in response to Rune. "Alright," her tail wagged happily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 11:48 pm

((Catch up time!))

"Nice to meet you Thorn, I'm Mahina, Delta Female." She fell silent as Rune spoke, nodding at his choice of her going with Maiara. "Will do Rune." The femme fell silent once more, looking for a sign of any other pack members, when she saw none, she sighed, wondering where they were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 10th 2010, 11:49 pm

Alex trotted into the area, smelling the scent of his pack mates not to far. 'Jeez where did everybody go?' He thought, and kicked himself into high gear running quickly though the grass, leaping talented over fallen logs, and other things that would get in his way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 11th 2010, 1:34 am

Bandit trotted onto the hunting grounds and stopped, staring around at the beautiful peaceful place, so many smells filled his nose, those of prey and those of his pack mates he was yet to know the names off. He picked up his head and dashed towards the pack. As he was getting closer he could see Alpha Rune talking to the pack, so he picked up the pace not wanting to miss out on any of the action. Bandit slid to a stop meters away from the pack and trotted to them for the last few meters, he did keep his distance still unsure of the many wolves in this pack and what they might do, because of not knowing him. A grin filled his face and tail wagged happily awaiting the action to yet of come forth. He picked up the last few words of Rune's orders 'attack on the elk of Maiara's choice' who was this Maiara? Maybe she was the leader female? He stood there silently, tail continuing to wag happily, the grin unable to be shaken by anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum