Arisah
Cinnamon
Adena
Finn
Rune
13 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 4 Empty Re: Great Plains (Main Den)

Post by Cashel April 12th 2012, 4:28 pm

"Greetings, stranger"

The words from another voice came in a different direction from where he and the female where. Phantom quickly turned his head to see another loner. This time a male. The scout nodded, "Greetings. I am Phantom, scout of Banishing Winds Pack." It feels good to finaly be over the fact that Ice is gone now, he thought, and actually doing something good like this. Phantom kept still, knowing two loners could try to take him down. It was the right thing to be, wasn't it? It was his first time after all finding loners and bringing them back to the alphas. Scouts, more like loner gathers. Phantom chuckled under his bretah softly but it ended qucikly.

"Hello... Phantom, I'm Sixx. A lone wolf wisihing to see Crimson.I beileve he is the leader of your pack."

Phantom nodded. "You are correct, Sixx. Crimson is the alpha male of my pack. And if your desire is to join us, i wish you luck. As for me bringing you to him... i think i can mange that. I'm sorry if i seem a little shy but this is my first time bringing loners home. I'm sorta new to the pack." His white pelt ruffled in the breeze, sending his scent along with Sixx's towards the other's direction. "Let me howl and give them a little heads up, real quick, if you wouldn't mind me doing so."

Turning his head once more towards the pack, the male raised his head. He flattened his ears and shut his eyes tightly. It was going to be a big loud howl, he thought. The howl came out just like he had wanted it to. Loud and deep. It was a warning for the others that he had came across to strangers and was bringing them along with him when he returned.
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn April 13th 2012, 7:11 pm

⇢⇥ F I N N ⇤⇠
“ Life is to be enjoyed, not endured ”

-- Gordon B. Hinckley

Finn was relieved as he saw Arisah was not perturbed by the interruption, and so he gave her a hesitant smile as she pondered his words after he had finished speaking. The silence filled the location they were in as she turned about and looked at him, thinking. Had she not noticed the female's odd behavior? Finn thought it had been quite obvious from the moment he had seen the young female; her eyes were out of focus and her gait was unsteady. It was clear the patched female couldn't have focused on much of anything for long. It was good he had brought it to the scholar's attention, then. The light-colored male waited patiently and then the female responded, asking more of her behavior. "Hmm... well she seemed quite unsteady and out-there if you know what I mean.. Like she couldn't focus on much for long. I don't know, I had only seen her moments ago when she had dismissed me. But she didn't even respond, as if she couldn't speak, and then just walked off. I didn't know what to make of it, to be honest. I probably should have gone after her, but that Nocturne fellow had already started doing so and I figured it'd be okay..." Finn cursed his foolishness now. He had realized what he had done. He had left a sick female with a dark, moody male who seemed slightly annoyed he hadn't been accepted into the pack. What if the male did something horrible to the poor female and she couldn't fight back? "I'm sorry..." he apologized, looking into the female's eyes. Suddenly his attention was caught by a howl in the distance. Were these potential pack members? His eyes lit in interest at the thought of having new companions to explore and spend time with, though he kept himself rooted to the spot next to Arisah and the other male wolf. The white ghost-like wolf simply disappeared with a few muttered words before going after the noise. Finn decided it would be rude to do so to the female he had only just met, especially since the only thing that came of his first conversation with her was anxiety and words of sickness. "I must have made a great first impression then, eh?" he laughed, chuckling slightly in an attempt to break the tension in the air. "I am always willing to help and be of assistance if you need me for herbs or the like... Now, if you want. I'm not going anywhere!" The thought of loners and new pack members slipped from his mind as he spoke to the attentive and intelligent female. If there was any way he could help, he would.

Finn
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 13th 2012, 8:52 pm

The newly appeared white wolf trots slowly into the main den of the pack. With knowing no one, she was alone, independent, scared. She can only see blank figures. She uses her nose to gather a scent of the pack. She lays down in the middle of the den area in full submission with only a small growl upon her teeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 13th 2012, 11:39 pm

Ooc: Phantom, Rye didn’t actually appear nor say “Greetings stranger”, but I’ve modified this post so it goes along with yours. He had just heard of you say that to Sixx and was thinking about it. Just clearing any confusion up.

The tri-colour wolf keenly listened to the conversation which was starting up between two canids not far off. He pondered if they had sensed his presence or not – he was certain that they must have caught his scent at the very least. Yet, they did not acknowledge this. Frowning only slightly, Rye made the decision to move even closer. His choice was dangerous, for these wolves could harm him, but then again, he must risk this in order to find a pack.

As Rye edged forward slowly, he caught a glimpse of the pair. Squinting seemed to help him look through the bracken, his golden eyes beaming at the scene before. He made out the wolves clearly now – one was a male, one female. The she-wolf seemed to be a loner, just like himself, whereas the male was already part of a pack. Possibly the pack which he had heard of before? Maybe Rye should make a move, after all, the white wolf seemed generally friendly.

Not waiting a moment longer, the male stepped out of the shadows. Rye was a large wolf, bigger than many, but he wasn’t huge. His size often gave him an advantage, but inside, he really was just a wolf with a warm heart. “Hi there. I'm Rye”, he announced. He quickly diverted his gaze to the female, looking at her watchfully. The white wolf replied quickly, and did not seem at all startled that he had appeared. Perhaps he had been right – these wolves did know he had been listening all along? Rye gave a long sigh of relief, he had passed the first obstacle.

Last edited by Rye on April 14th 2012, 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Modifying a word)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale April 13th 2012, 11:46 pm

"I understand. Why did you leave? That's what I don't understand."

Adena's silver eyes had been on him during the first section of her words. However, even he could slightly hear the anger that coloured her voice after she asked about his departure. That paired with the fact that her eyes would no longer meet his told him that she was angry. Normally, the lead scout wasn't one for such emotions. At least, she never let them creep into her tone but it seemed that she couldn't help it this time. Gale's green eyes took on a slightly pained look as she continued to avoid his sprite bottle hues. He slowly blinked the pain away though a lump formed in his throat. How could he explain his leaving without causing suffering to anyone here? It seemed that such an option was closed to the former beta.

"I left because I thought my heart wanted me to do so." He answered quietly. His pawsteps were light and barely brushed the earth. "However, as I left, a feeling grew in my chest and I realized that my happiness is here now. Not out there with Taru. It's here, with someone else."

"Have you ever seen the ocean? Can we go see it?"

"Endless waves of blue-green. Birds constantly flying above it and swooping in to it before coming out with a fish. The sun being swallowed by the ocean's body. Yes, I've seen it." Gale's voice held a tone of reminisce as he thought of his adventures near the ocean. It had been a long time since he had been around one. "Yes, we can go see it." His eyes met Adena's and he smiled.

[Really, really bad. Sorry about that!]
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 14th 2012, 12:39 am

The shaded wolf listened the wolf that was standing before her and all his words. Her intelligence was firstly telling her to almost analyse the wolf and not to act on instinct. Was this wolf going to pretend to lead her into false hope and turn against her? These actions weren't to be doubted she thought. The wolf said he was shy which could give him a nice temperament and it gave Sixx something in common with this wolf.

Looking at her surroundings in the corner of her brown hazed eyes other wolves were near but not taking much noticing of the meeting. She now decided to take Phantoms help in seeking Crimson. "Thank you for not showing any hostility towards myself"Sixx thanked him sincerely. "If you wouldn't mind guiding me towards him, I'd be very grateful and you don't need to worry for being shy.." once again the female spoke without trying to be too forward.
Later him talking of howling to signify were coming sounded like a good idea for a unfamiliar howl could mean other things. "That seems like a plan to me" she then added.

Hearing a wolf nearby, she paused and listened around her. Before she knew it another male wolf was not far from her. He didn't seem to be apart of their pack or apart of an y other. The only other explanation was he was a loner, as was Sixx. Looking at the wolf who claimed to be called Rye; she noticed his gaze and then lightly smiled back. Followed by a few words "Hello, I'm Sixx".
For a few moments she did wonder how long he had been there but he thoughts now came to seeing if the alpha would accept her, as she wished for him to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arisah April 14th 2012, 2:56 am

Arisah’s attention, which had been in part focused on Finn, waiting to learn more about the delta female’s symptoms and part going through a list of widely useful plants, snapped back sharply into focus when Phantom spoke. Ears tilting back slightly, holding back an anxious whine, she watched the white scout turn away toward the howl. “Be careful,” she called out to his retreating figure, hoping whoever made the call came with good intentions—though honestly, what wolf with bad ones would go about announcing themselves like that, Ari reminded herself.

Besides, there were other matters to attend to and Phantom seemed more than capable of taking care of himself. Linnea however, might not be and Arisah cursed herself for not paying closer attention. “I wished I’d been watching more closely, I’d heard she hurt her shoulder before the pack started to travel, I never gave her movements any more thought than that,” the self-loathing and anxiousness was not too hard to miss in her voice. Honestly, what kind of scholar was she, if she couldn’t even tell when a packmate was sick?

Still, however she might feel about herself at the moment, she hurried to assure Finn that he’d done nothing wrong. “Linnea’s a strong wolf, clearly a fighter. You couldn’t have done anything more for her if she wouldn’t let you,” the young female told him, meeting his eyes sincerely. “And you obviously didn’t leave her alone, if Nocturne is with her.” Whatever her thoughts toward the randomly appearing male, if he’d meant ill she felt they’d have known it. “And now you’ve asked for help. You've done as much as any wolf could, and more than some would.”

Another howl sounded but she ignored it, her mind still turning over the symptoms he’d listed. Infection maybe? A fever? If she could walk off on her own, certainly it shouldn’t be something life threatening, if properly cared for.

Her thoughts however, were snared and slowed by his chuckle and casual comment. Smiling herself, she shook her muzzle, “A better one than you think, I bet,” she admitted, still smiling. After all, it took a dedicated pack member to worry after someone who had just walked away from him. “And I would be glad for some help. We can’t know for certain what she has until she returns, but we can certainly look for some good, general cures for basic things.”
Arisah
Arisah
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn April 14th 2012, 10:00 am

⇢⇥ F I N N ⇤⇠

-- Gordon B. Hinckley

Finn listened attentively to the words that came out of the female's jaws. Her voice was filled with nervousness and something else that made Finn worry about her. "Arisah this definitely was not your fault." He said firmly, catching and holding the gaze of the multi-colored female. "We had just moved and we were getting used to everything. If you missed the signs, it's okay. I'm sure you never will again. And it's still okay because I came and found you, and now we can help her together." The light colored male held her gaze for a couple seconds longer, before dropping it and looking away across the territory. He hadn't explored at all aside from that grassy field he had rested in earlier. Nocturne's arrival had changed the course of his plans for this new day, although that hardly mattered to him. As long as there was another wolf beside him, he was okay. The beauty of the world around him was inconceivable. If he could just sit here and watch the world go by all day, he definitely would. But there were wolves to help now and other tasks to complete. Clearing his throat, he looked back at Arisah. "We can go search for herbs now, if you'd like. I don't know much, if anything, about healing, but I think I'm a quick learner."

Finn
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 14th 2012, 11:26 am

Linnëa didn't need any more conformation or words to listen to, she had made up her mind. She wished to go to the sea. Her tail twitched lightly, and her ears perked towards the stream before them. She watched intently. It was headed to their right, towards to the sea, and she planned on following it. She gathered herself together, pulling in her legs as her muscles bunched up and rolled beneath her fur. A smile flashed on her maw, and she let her gaze flick to Adena and Gale. Maybe they would wonder what she was doing? Because, honestly, all Linnëa knew at the moment was that she would go to the sea. Her soft blue eyes flicked back to the waters before her, and with no more hesitation, she pushed against the ground with all of her strength. She plunged into the water, beneath the current, and soon her head bobbed up once again with a snort. She cleared her nose, and shook her head, feeling her ears fold left and right. Pawing at the cool, maybe even cold water, she glided effortlessly across the river. Even if it was deep and cold, Linnëa absolutely loved every moment of swimming as long as she could manage it. She had to cherish the time now, when she could swim without getting too cold.

Her paws hit the opposite bank, and she could feel the pebbles and sediment scratching against her paw pads. With a final huff of air, she lunged out of the water completely, shaking herself of all the little droplets. Looking back momentarily, she wondered if her jump into the water had splashed the other two. She smiled vibrantly at them, excitement clearly shown in her expression. Her tail swayed, as she waited to see what they would say or do. Adena wished to find a shallower part, maybe not ant more though, but if so Linnëa would follow them from the other side.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arisah April 14th 2012, 12:14 pm

Ari met his gaze and listened, ears twitching back slightly as she let out a long breath of air, nodding as he finished speaking and giving a small, grateful smile that just slightly turned up the edges of her lips. “You’re right,” she answered quietly, “and there’s nothing helpful about guilt anyway, it won’t change what happened.” As his eyes looked away, so too did hers, flickering across the territory around them, wondering if they might hold the plants she knew and might need. Something for fever, infection, pain and strength would be good, general things that seemed to fit what Finn had told her of the female’s symptoms. As they looked, she muttered a quiet “thank you”, for assuaging her worries and assuring her this was not her doing, before looking back over the landscape.

Ari started just slightly, jumbled out of her thoughts at Finn clearing his through and speaking once more. “I’ll teach you then,” she offered. “If we can find it, it would be best to get some lavender or feverfew flowers, willowbark, dried oak leaves and lambs ear, if there’s any.” The young scholar was already glad for his help, as she listed out the plants, his scouting skills would make this much easier.

She padded forward a few steps toward him, looking off in the distance, and said with a laugh, “Any idea what a good direction would be?”
Arisah
Arisah
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel April 14th 2012, 1:20 pm

<P><EM><FONT color=white>"Thank you for not showing any hostility towards myself" Phantom smiled at the female, quickly. "</FONT></EM></P>
<P><FONT color=white>No need to thank me, it's just in my nature to be kinda hearted.. runs in the family." Well part of the family, anyway. He sighed. Timber would have probably attacked Sixx in defense. The white shook his head, wanting to remove his past memories. Don't live in the past. </FONT></P>
<P><EM><FONT color=white>"If you wouldn't mind guiding me towards him, I'd be very grateful and you don't need to worry for being shy.."</FONT></EM></P>
<P><FONT color=white> Phantom listened in as the fae spoke and flicked his ear tips. "I wouldn't mind at all. In fact that howl was to tell the pack, that i was bringing someone new." Phantom quickly turned his head towards the other wolf now. "Would you also like to come? It's always nice to have others interested in joining the pack, ya know." Another warm smile appeared. The white pointed with his nose, "<STRONG>The pack's this way</STRONG>."</FONT></P>
<P> </P>
<P>(Lame ^^)</P>
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 14th 2012, 5:52 pm

Antheia carried on her way towards the group of wolves. Her light beige lobes perked at a faint voice. 'Banishing Winds Pack" It sure does have a ring to it, Antheia thought. Clumps of dead foliage lined her path, slowly but surely she met the gaze of the pack. Wolves, different in sizes, shapes, and colors buzzed around like busy bees.

Antheia appeared before them, her frame slightly hidden by a rather large oak tree. As she tried to speak, the Fae chocked on her own words. "Ex...Excuse.." her words quickly ended in a sigh, as her hazel orbs flickered around trying to find the wolf who was in "charge"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 14th 2012, 6:21 pm

Thoughts of being aloud to join the pack swept across the she-wolf's mind; maybe the alpha would disallow all of the hopeful wolves wishing to join. Or maybe Sixx wouldn't be any use to the pack. The only thing she could do was protect or use her build in effect for being a scout. A guardian had always been her hole in her previous pack and leading on that rank would be the best for her.

The light shaded wolf lightly returned the smile to Phantom, the wolf she seemed to get along with so far. "I haven't reached that stage of that soft nature, if I do"
Sixx whispered but it nearly turned into silence. Sixx was quite calm as she could see that the wolf was listening to her when she spoke. "Thank you, once again. I appreciate your help" she then spoke trying to act normal once again.

Seeing other wolves surround them, the feeling or being overwhelmed was coming over her. She then realised there conversation was no longer only between them. Talking a step back for the others to talk, she nodded and her mind was now trying to occupy herself to other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 14th 2012, 7:13 pm

Jay looks around and only sees faint figures. Her vision is getting worse and she does not use her other senses much, but will have to eventually. She smells around and can not tell the senses apart. She just lies there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 14th 2012, 7:25 pm

Jay, please remember to Roleply in third person!

So, it would be Jay looked around and only saw faint figures. (:
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Great Plains (Main Den) - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 14th 2012, 10:08 pm

It had been a long time since Ice's disappearance from BWP. How she had disappeared was unknown to almost everyone but herself. It had taken place while they were traveling, she had went off course to get a drink, and when she started on her way back she was shocked to see they had all continued without noticing her. The event had her scared for a while, but she managed to pick up the pack's scent and follow it to a forest. The forest was sprinkled with snow and it sparkled like diamonds and made Ice's tail wag as she stood there. Ice murmured to herself,

"I can't wait to see everyone again... They must've been so worried. And poor Phantom! I hope he's okay... Hold on BWP I'm on my way!!"

With that Ice held back her head and let out a loud howl,

"Everyone I'm so sorry for worrying you all! I'm on my way back now!!"

Ice launched herself forth then kicking up snow and dirt as she ran the fastest she'd ever ran, her pink tongue lolling, long winter fur flying, and if one saw her they'd see nothing but a white blur. It wasn't long until she skidded to a stop among a clearing of wolves, panting rapidly from the run, but so excited Ice looked up brightly with a big smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 14th 2012, 11:27 pm

The female was named Sixx. What an interesting name. She’d shot him a warm smile, which Rye had studied. He liked observing his surroundings, sometimes getting carried away more than often. An example was now.

He stared at the two wolves, listening to their conversation but not paying much attention as to what was being said. Something brought Rye out of his thoughts, almost like a light in his head had been turned off. Phantom asked if he’d like to come and see the leader of this pack. “Sure, I hope me tagging along doesn’t bother you”, the wolf grinned towards the scout. He began walking the way which the white canid had motioned, and listened curiously as Sixx said her thanks to him. Always listening, but never talking.

This experience was so strange. Neither of these wolves were aggressive towards himself. Hopefully the leader would be the same. In fact, he hoped that the whole pack would be like these two. Once more, Rye kept quiet as his gaze fell upon the trail before him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 15th 2012, 12:47 am

As Ice sat there, hunched, panting heavily, she could almost plainly see none of them took notice of her... Perhaps she had died and just became a ghost? No, that idea was silly and she shook her white head with a faint smile,

The only ghost I believe in is Phantom... But where-

It was then a light wintry breeze came through and almost intended to blow his scent to Ice's nose and refreshed by only that Ice forgot about the entire pack and instead bolted after the scent of her mate. What would he do when he saw her again? What would he say? How was he? Had he gotten better? So many questions flew around inside Ice's mind as she was no more than a white blur of speed, until finally she slowed, sniffed the air once more, and then upon lowering her emerald eyes Ice saw him... Phantom was escorting two other wolves who Ice never met, but it didn't matter, all she could see was Phantom right now, everything else was faded away. Ice stood only staring, taking in everything about Phantom, his physical condition wasn't as it was when she last seen him, but she was no better for the time being. Then without hesitation and the fire of love for him came alive and it showed within her eyes, Ice then walked up to him and rested her head against him and whispered,

"I'm sorry... for having been lost along the way. I was reckless and made a cruel mistake in going off course, but it will never happen again... That I swear to you."

Ice knew and felt the air of sorrow around him and spoke reassuringly,

"Please don't be sad anymore... my dearest Phantom..."

Ice nuzzled close to him making it known she was really there now and that she would be there forever, even now she had battled the snow to make her way back to him and Ice would do it many times over for him and only him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 15th 2012, 3:49 pm

A female wolf was shivering and walking slowly about, anxious. She could scent other wolves, which scared her even more than she already was. She whined quietly to herself and her ears went back, she sat down beside a tree and shivered, scared, while thinking 'Where am i? whats going on...' she thought, she stared at her white paws and pretended she wasnt there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale April 15th 2012, 10:29 pm

Gale's attention shifted from Adena to Linnëa when he heard the water splash against the delta's coat. His sprite bottle eyes quickly found the female as she swam effortlessly towards the other bank. The lighter khaki coat that she wore darkened as the water soaked the top layer. He knew that the water wouldn't touch her skin due to the downy quality of it all, but he couldn't help but worry slightly. The former scholar was already sick with an unknown illness; what if it got worse? Or worse: What if she got stranded on the other side because she couldn't find the strength to swim across again. The Wanderer knew he wouldn't leave his pack mate here, not alone at night. He'd stay and defend her if it came down to it.

Again did he look towards Adena. The lead scout hadn't yet noticed--or given sign of notice--that Linnëa had swam across. She was looking back at the former beta and Adena with excitement flashing in her eyes. A small smile grew on Gale's face. They both seemed to hold a powerful urge to investigate the sea. Then again, who wouldn't? There were so many stories regarding it that it was almost like a forbidden thing that all needed to see. He knew that he had been like them before his adventures had taken him to the coast. Very briefly did the male close his green eyes and imagine the ocean spray on his fur and the scent of salt water.

"Shall we go across now?" He waited for Adena's answer as he started to pad towards the bank of the river. Pebbles clashed and make little clinking noises as they hit one another. He stopped at the edge and looked across at Linnëa. "Excited to see the ocean? It's a beautiful place and if we hurry, we can watch the sun be devoured by the waves."
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 16th 2012, 4:12 pm

Jay heard no footsteps nearby. She was scared and very afraid of the situation. Jay did not know how to react. She just sat there. Jay slowly got up and tried to pick up a scent of any sort. She got no luck. She headed towards the sound of a river. She trots over to it, being careful of her footing.

In her mind, many things are going on. Who am I? Why can I not see anything anymore?

Jay sat down and heard a tiny hissing sound coming from behind her. She got up and turned around. She sniffed and a snake was coming toward her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune April 16th 2012, 4:31 pm

Hey Jay! Just wanted to let you know...that it is currently Winter in the Rp, and so even though we are in a somewhat warmer area...snakes would not be out..quite yet. ^-^
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn April 16th 2012, 6:41 pm

⇢⇥ F I N N ⇤⇠

-- Gordon B. Hinckley

Finn smiled as he heard Arisah's 'thank you', although he said nothing and allowed the thought to break the silence and then fade out again. There was no way she was guilty for anything that she spoke of; how could she have known Linnea was sick when they were on a journey and otherwise preoccupied? He was sure that the Scholar would not let it pass by her again, though. He was thankful someone like her was in this pack, that he found her, and that he was able to talk to her about this predicament. Otherwise, who would know what he could have done! He didn't know any other members aside from Spirit and Arisah now, besides briefly having an interaction with Linnea. Otherwise he was completely clueless, as the journey had taken up all his time and energy out of making friends. He looked cluelessly as Arisah read off the names, and grinned and laughed at the knowledge. "I'm sorry.." he apologized, "I have no idea whatsoever of any of the plants you just named. If you're willing to help me identify them... I would be happy to help. Do you have a description of the herbs or a smell I can identify them by... or any idea what biome they would be located in? I might be able to find some." He pondered for a moment, thinking of the herbs. He never learned those kinds when he was younger and a child. He was a sure good tracker though, if he had the right information! She asked him of a direction. "Hmm.. I haven't explored this territory yet. I'm sure we could just pick a promising direction and we'd come across something. Perhaps a forest would be a good place to check first?"

Finn
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 16th 2012, 7:14 pm

Orik strided through the vegitation of the forest smelling here and there for any hint of herbs for medicine. He didnt know the area or any who inhabited it so it made it hard foraging not only for new herbs for new combinations but friends. Smells of new plant life brought peace to him most of the small things did. The sun hung nicely in sky however the slight nip of winter could be felt on his face and he loved the feeling. With perked up ears he heard the chirping of birds also enjoying the season. With a slight smile he kept on walking and exploring the new terrain spread out vast before him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arisah April 16th 2012, 9:00 pm

Unable to contain herself, Arisah joined in his laughter as Finn confessed to not being aware of any of the plants she had mentioned, though she was laughing more at herself than him. Of course the poor male didn’t know, why should he? Grinning apologetically, Ari shook her head. “No, I’m sorry, rattling off a bunch of plants like an eager pup reciting lessons—sometimes I think I purposefully blocked out all those moons of learning them.” So many of her younger, puphood days had been filled with memorizing and collecting plants with Zephyr, the wise, if chatty, old black wolf.

“Dried oak leaves and willowbark are probably most important, they’d be in the forest. Willows are the ones with long, wippy limbed trees that trickle toward the ground. Their bark’s good for pain and fever, especially as it’s probably too early for lavender or feverfew flowers.” While the winter chill in the air seemed not to deter the grasses here, Ari doubted flowers would have bloomed quite yet in the forests, where she was must likely to find those two.

“Dried oak leaves can held get rid of infection, there should be some on the forest floor scattered in with fallen acorns. Lamb’s ear is a soft little leafed thing, it looks almost fuzzy and is pale white-green.” It wouldn't be in flower yet, but the leaves would be good for building back strength. “I think you’re right, a forest would be the best place to look.” She nodded, hopefully some direction would yield to trees.

Last edited by Arisah on April 17th 2012, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Arisah
Arisah
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next