Kira
Spirit
Silver
14 posters

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 4 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Bear April 10th 2011, 9:53 am

Falco smiled to Silver's words "Yes, I'm fine, it's just a minor sprain and a cut that hit a small vein in my paw. Once we get back to the den I'll get herbs and those such things to help it's healing...Well, welcome to the pack then. I'll be at the den if you decide to trip over something too. " . Falco had to laugh at the second comment. He turned and smiled to the new wolf before getting up and following Silver away to the den. He shook his coat briefly and headed back along side Silver.

It wasn't too long before his sensitive nose picked up the smell of some fresh blood, but this time it wasn't wolf's blood it was a smaller deer. It was injured by the smell. Looking to Silver quickly he barked "I'll meet you back at the den!" The hunter started off on the chase heading swiftly after the buck. The scent of its blood became stronger and more apparent before the prey appeared before his eyes, and as he thought, it was injured. The hunter watched from the cover of the trees pacing back and forth anxiously, thinking of how to take down the prey best. It had a sore leg and seemed to be lame. That would be the perfect target Falco thought and licked his lips abruptly. He lowered himself towards the ground and shifted swiftly through the bushes that had surrounded the clearing.

Slowly rising to his paws Falco leapt forth out of the bushes. He lunged his body towards the deer who had stumbled and was picking itself back up off the ground. Perfect Chance! ran through Falco's thoughts and he threw himself at the deer before his thoughts could fully process. Falco's jaws opened and he flew through the air with fury, he snapped wildly and dangerously at the deer managing to grasp its back injured leg in his jaws. He tore and tugged at the deer's leg managing to dodge a few of its hoofs but a couple had hit him not doing too much damage, His jaws were locked around its prey and there was nothing it, or he could do to stop it. The hunter shook his head wildly pulling the deer around side to side as if it were a minor dog's toy. He was pumped full of adrenaline and was going in for the kill.

After seconds or minutes, He didn't know the deer was becoming tired and starting to give in. Its attempt to shrug him off had ended, it was too physically weak to fend the brute off now. So Falco for a final time swung to deer's body around to him, letting go of the deers leg and quick as lightening grasping its tender throat in his jaws delivering the death threatening blow. His teeth sunk easily into the limited flesh around the deers throat and began to suffocate it, Falco pushed the deer into the ground with the last remaining force that lie within him at that time. He watched as the deer's eyes slowly rolled back into its head and finally passed on. It was dead.

Falco watched and dropped its limp body to the ground carelessly and stood back panting heavily, the hunt clearly had tired him out. He took a deep breath and grasped the dead buck in his jaws once more and started to drag the kill back to the den for the pack to consume. It was a long and agonising stretch as he had to drag the buck up the hill backwards to get to the den. Surely the kill would be worth it though!

Once arriving at the den he took a deep breath and threw his heavy head back and let out a bellowing howl to the rest of the pack that there was a fresh kill awaiting them. While waiting for the leaders to have their share first Falco stumbled back and fell heavily into a sit position completely exhausted. His head hung heavily from his shoulders as he awaited the pack.

(whew! big post!)
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 10th 2011, 2:57 pm

Derek had padded a little ways away before he decided it was time to talk with his oldest friend, if he was not busy. He moved through the tree's back to the den, unsure as to whether or not Rune would even be there. He hoped he would not be interrupting anything. So Derek sat and waited until he caught sight of Rune.

(Lame post but i have yet to read back through all the post that happened in the TWO DAYS! i was gone.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira April 10th 2011, 6:28 pm

Kira bounded back to where she had last seen Rune, "I told them" she panted, smiling. Her gaze trailed after a grasshopper that jumped across the ground effortlessly, she watched it in amusement for some amount of seconds before sitting down and curling her tail around her paws.

(( Rune asked Kira to tell Soran, Karma, and Derek to come see him Razz So your post actually is fairly accurate xD))
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran April 10th 2011, 7:51 pm

Soran nodded to the sandy-colored female and raised his head, tail thumping unexpectedly. "I've been a lot better then I was a week ago." He replied, taking in the condition of his protruding ribs and battered paws. He was still surprised the distemper hadn’t spread farther then him, Karma, and Kira. “But I’m glad to see the disease didn’t affect you.” As Kira rushed past with news of Rune’s summons, the male rose to his paws and flicked his tail towards the main den site, disappointed that he couldn’t have chatted with his friend longer. “I suppose we should head over there now.” He said, starting off in the directing where the Beta had departed.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune April 10th 2011, 8:18 pm

"Ah, so it appears we are just waiting on Soran and Derek then correct? Although Derek is not very far at all and I'm sure he will soon be joining us as well." Rune said as he adjusted himself into a more comfortable position. "Well as soon as they both arrive then I suppose I can tell you all why I have had Kira retrieve the three of you together." He added just before he glanced over towards Karma who had appeared rather quickly.

(Sorry it is not very long or anything I couldn't post as much as I wanted at the moment.)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 10th 2011, 8:21 pm

(That is good ^_^)

Derek glanced across the clearing and spotted Rune not far away with Kira by his side and Soran on his way. Padding over and gave a brief smile before settling himslef down in a sitting position and waiting. He knew the alpha male wished to talk with them all and so he waited.

(Mine is not much better, hitting writers block sucks.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara April 10th 2011, 8:57 pm

"I've been a lot better then I was a week ago. But I’m glad to see the disease didn’t affect you."
Maiara grinned, "I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better," she said, her tail lashing slowly from side to side behind her, "and thank you". She opened her mouth to say more, but when Kira came along, speaking of something Rune wanted to talk about with Soran, she felt it best that she tag along. So when Soran rose to go, she stood with him. Due to his recent condition, instinctively, she went to his side to support his weight until after an awkward few seconds she realized that he was standing perfectly fine on his own.
"Erm, sorry," she said laughing, stepping away, "Yes, lets go..." she suggested, letting her words hang in the air for a moment before adding excitedly, "I'll race you!" and sprinting off...
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 10th 2011, 9:21 pm

((I'm there too, so you people know...))

Karma looked up as Derek and Soran and Kira approached. She didn't quite blame Rune for wanting to wait for the others to group. She hated repeating herself. The dark fae nodded to them, then turned her attention to Rune, head tilted curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 10th 2011, 9:22 pm

Aphea walked carefully through the woods, watching all around her, listening intently, and placing her paws on the ground silently.

There are too many scents here. She thought, shaking her head slightly.

She was on her guard, slipping from shadow to shadow without crushing so much as a leaf. Suddenly, a slight breeze whipped past her that made her stop altogether. Not to far from here, she smelled a mix of scents. Fresh scents.

A curiosity swept through Aphea, which was altogether unlike her, and she headed towards the group. A hundred or so paces ahead of her, she came across the small gathering (hidden, of course.) Watching from the brush, she saw five or six wolves, two of which carried an air of authority around them, but not in a horrid way.

But of course, right at that moment, without paying enough attention, she stepped on a twig. It resounded with a crack that could have been a whole tree snapping in two for Aphea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 10th 2011, 9:22 pm

Silver trotted awkwardly into the den site, trying to put as least wight as possible on her front right paw. She made a bee line straight for her favorite spot, a small and shallow hole dug under a bush. The rather small space was perfect for her. She crawled under to escape the sun, still slightly damp from her and Falco's romp through the river. She curled into a circle, her injured paw stretched out awkwardly before her. A long, medium width scrape ran diagonally across it. Resting her head on a small rock conveniently and intentionally placed before her, she watched the den's comings and goings with her light green eyes shining.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 10th 2011, 11:12 pm

Falco saw that no one at the moment was interested in food. Falco took a few bites of the food and swallowed them down quickly. Licking his lips he had eaten his fill. 'Maybe Silver would like some' he thought. So the hunter gathered some strength and looked to the deer's hind leg and grabbed it in his powerful jaws and played tug of war for a little while before the deers leg ripped of and the hunter went flying back and prompted into a sit. He dropped the leg and got to his paws shook his coat and picked it up again with a firmer grip. Trotting away he looked for Silver. He sniffed around and picked up her scent then soon spotted her in a hole under a bush. He approached slowly and placed the deer leg near her. He smiled and spoke "I thought you might be hungry after all the playing today," His voice was soft then continued "Its deer, thats what I smelt earlier, the rest is at the main den site but I thought that because your injured I would bring you some" He sat and smiled, waiting for Silver to take the deer leg he brought her.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 11th 2011, 8:12 am

"Thanks!" Silver said, " I appreciate it, though it makes me feel like a mooch. " She said, smiling and grabbing the deer leg. She tore at it for a few seconds before realizing there was no way she'd finish it all. She swallowed a mouthful and looked to Falco.

"You want some? There is no way I'm finishing it all. " She said, shuffling her tail into a more comfortable position so it lay draped over her hind legs rather than underneath her.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 11th 2011, 9:46 am

Falco smiled seeing that Silver was appreciative of the food "Thanks! ... I appreciate it, though it makes me feel like a mooch. " Falco whispered a reply of "Your welcome Silv". He smiled happily and sat tail thumping on the ground behind him as she ate. He became worried when she stopped, thoughts flushed his head 'Did it taste bad? Was it diseased? Was she choking? What was happening?' Falco's thoughts were interrupted by Silver "You want some? There is no way I'm finishing it all. " Falco sighed in relief and spoke softly once more "I already had a few bites of the main carcass, but i suppose a few more wouldn't hurt" He didn't want to offend Silver but also didn't want to seem greedy. So politely he took a few smaller bites and ate slowly.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 11th 2011, 11:04 am

Aisha flicked her ears and let out a sigh. "Everyone has a point in life, or they wouldn't be put into life." She said and stood up, shaking her pelt. She turned and padded into the woods, the trees growing closer together and it continued to grow darker, the balcony of trees blocked out all sunlight, and she was just a flickering shadow amongst the trees, her fur ruffling gently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 11th 2011, 9:33 pm

Silver took another bite from the leg, and soon it was only bone. Her stomach full and looking like she had swallowed a balloon, she crawled out from under the bush and trotted to a small plant with a pleasant scent. Grabbing a few leaves in her mouth, she began to chew them, and a minty smell wafted around the den site. She then returned to her spot underneath the bush, and looked at the small cut on her paw.

"It'll be healed in a month at the most. " She said, mostly to herself but partly to Falco.
(Lame)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 12th 2011, 2:07 am

Falco watched as Silver took the last few bites of the deer before she was full. He watched as she rose to her paws and went to a minty smelling plant and seemed to come back with a fresh breath smell. Falco sneezed lightly as the smell tickled his sensitive nose. "It'll be healed in a month at the most", Falco saw that she seemed to be mostly talking to herself and partly to him. He nodded at the remark and looked around seeing that there seemed to be no other wolves around in the area.

Gaining all his courage and taking a deep breath he swallowed, his body tingling and posed a huge question to Silver, his voice stuttered and slurred "S-S-Silver..." he paused and gained his strength then spat out quickly "would you like to be my mate" after he finished he cringed lightly wondering if he asked too soon, he smiled and anxiously awaited her answer. His heart beat a million miles an hour and everything seemed to go silent, he shifted uncomfortably on his paws awaiting an answer. As he did hs thoughts flushed 'What if she says no, what will happen then...'
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 12th 2011, 7:52 am

(I thought we were waiting for winter! Eh, oh well. I'll just procrastinate then. Razz )

Silver stared blankly at Falco, honestly she had not expected him to say that. Her green eyes went dull for a moment, she was in deep thought. Then, when she opened her mouth to reply with a smile, a memory choked her. Her mouth clamped shut and her ears pinned.

Bayne. What if that happens again?

Her eyes widened, and it was clear something was bothering her horribly. She had an urge to tell him what, but the thoughts and memories were choking her as effectively as drowning or being strangled.

Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 12th 2011, 2:58 pm

Falco saw she was having trouble with the question. Silver seemed choked for words. Falco smiled somewhat and spoke "Look Silver, I think that I've asked at a bad time.." it was with that he picked himself to his paws and smiled weakly to Silver before turning to walk away. His head hung low and the male became miserable walking slowly closer into the den site and sat heavy on his haunches staring blankly at his paws. 'You fool, real smooth bud! Your just great at these things and you've screwed it all up yet again, Your a failure' were just some of his thoughts, not that Falco had had a mate before he had made a few big mistakes in his life that cost him dearly.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 12th 2011, 4:40 pm

Silver stared, confused. Her mouth was slightly open, and only a small breath of air escaped. Her ears went limp, and she found it hard to even keep her head raised. She gave up, and her lower jaw slammed hard on the rock with a thump. She winced, closed her eyes, and curled up, hiding her face with her long grey tail and letting sleep overtake her.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 12th 2011, 9:06 pm

Get to his shaky paws Falco heads off into the night to spend it by the river with peace and quiet. The same thoughts of being a failure and such like still ran through his head. Approaching the river he sighed deeply and sat static at his reflection in the river. It was at that moment he thought 'the boundary of the territory is just over there, I could slip away-' "No" he hissed under his breath and got to his paws and walked to a near by tree, flopped to the ground and huddled up and sobbed momentarily before gathering himself and going to sleep.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 12th 2011, 9:37 pm

How could you do that?! Something said to Silver. She was sitting, a pup again, looking at her paws ashamed. Her father bore over her, looking at her with disapproval. Her eyes were ice blue once again, and her coat was like a thick blanket.

You should never leave anyone out in the blue like that, at least give a reason, he knows nothing of your past or your struggles. He's not the bad guy here, you go tell him that. He deserves to know as much as anyone else, maybe more. Tell him.

Silver jerked awake, it was getting dark. Her green eyes scanned the darkness. She sighed, but when she tried to sleep again a caw sounded right at her ear. She yelped, and a jet black raven was perched right in the bush next to her. It stared at her curiously. She sighed, and crawled out of the bush, and walked into the forest.

"Falco? Can I talk to you? I want you to know why I'm hesitating. You deserve to know. I should have not kept my past a secret, but that's behind me now, for here I am. Will you listen?"
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 12th 2011, 9:49 pm

Falco jerked awake hearing paw steps towards him, he sat up alert and saw Silver approaching him. His ears tiwtched and he became anxious once more. He saw that she seemed troubled and wanted to ask if she was okay but she spilled her words "Falco? Can I talk to you? I want you to know why I'm hesitating. You deserve to know. I should have not kept my past a secret, but that's behind me now, for here I am. Will you listen?" falcon sat himself upright and perked his ears listening intently to Silver before saying softly "Of course I'll listen Silver-" he wanted to trail off but stopped himself knowing it could wait I'll she spoke.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 12th 2011, 10:04 pm

Silver nodded, and took a deep breath to steady her. Shaky and nervous, she began her story.

"I was born with three siblings, yet two presumably died of famine. It was a hard time then, and food was scarce. However, my brother Cross was not dead, and he lived and grew up in another pack. That left me and Amethyst, as well as my mother and father. We then moved, and the place we moved to was much better. Or, at least, we thought so. My father was then killed by a reckless elk hunter, he shot at an elk my father was hunting and missed. I only heard it, and being only a month old I was foolish. I ran down, and found him dead. I soon became lost, then I stumbled across Banishing Winds. Rune took me in, and I soon made friends, mainly Kira and Bayne. I grew larger, matured, and then another pack threatened ours. Scared, I ran off, once again proving how naive I was as a pup. When I returned, I was emaciated, but Rune let me in once again and I continued my life. I became close friends with Mahina, and the bond me and Bayne had grew stronger until he asked to be mates. I said yes. That winter I became pregnant, yet in the middle of my pregnancy Bayne left. Just left. I was forced to raise the pups alone. Then he returned, expecting everything to be normal and happy, and I became angry and eventually he disappeared. That is why I hesitate, I fear of it reoccurring. "

Silver panted, and her solemn green eyes nervously flicked around as she looked down at her paws.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear April 12th 2011, 10:20 pm

Falco looked to his paws ashamed. He listened to Silver's tale and daren't draw his attention from it. Once she finished he became speechless, lost for words Falco could only manage "Wow... Silver.... I-I-I-I'm sorry, if I had known-" he stuttered and stopped. He stepped forth to Silver and nuzzled her chest comfortingly. He nudged her chin up with his nose and sat next to her and spoke softly "You know what? Your by far the bravest wolf I've met, I would never of guessed such horrid things occured to you... Keep your chin up" he smiled and sat staring up at the stars thinking about Silvers past.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver April 12th 2011, 10:39 pm

"Thanks. " Silver said, smiling at him. A subtle hint of sorrow still lingered in her eyes, the thought of her father - and the dream she experienced only minutes ago - made her uneasy. She shuffled her front paws, trying to find something to say whilst avoiding the subject Falco had brought up earlier. She found no route around or through it. Defeated, she only had one thing she could say. Her heart pounded like a drum tone, leading up to her one word.

"Y-yes Falco, i'll be your mate. " She whispered, and a small smile played on her lips. She waited patiently for his reaction.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next